Titanfall, believe the hype!

• 116 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 fgjnfgh
Member since 2005 • 2649 Posts

Just grabbed X1 Titanfall bundle for $450 and this game blew my mind. I am not even sure if I want to buy Destiny anymore lol. Titanfall multiplayer is sick and it is becoming my favorite multiplayer game ever. Pretty sure I'll be playing it for along time and going to pass on Battlefield/CoD this year. Don't listen people complaining about offline bots crap, it's nothing and doesn't change or effect negatively on multiplayer at all. It's a different shooter kind of turned to strategy since your main focus is to kill real life players. Bots are minion that deal light damage and die fast (you can kill like 5 bots at the same time while you're trying to hunt for real life players), so that's why bots have no negative effects. Don't miss on the best multiplayer. This is not your old fashioned COD/Battlefield multiplayer. It's totally innovative. Grab the bundle it's a great offer.

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

Cool but isn't this thread just slightly delayed?

Also, Titanfall has been 25 dollars on PC for the past 2 months so might as well just grab it there.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#3 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38032 Posts

@melonfarmerz said:

Cool but isn't this thread just slightly delayed?

Also, Titanfall has been 25 dollars on PC for the past 2 months so might as well just grab it there.

True. Only reason to get the console is the same for any console................do the games now and upcoming interest you? But I do agree TC, on enjoying Titanfall. Truthfully its the only thing I play on my X1 aside from Max, and Guacamelee. Not much else interests me.

BloodyTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 BloodyTides
Member since 2014 • 239 Posts

I would have just pick up the PC version does the xbox one still have that frame rate issue

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

Recent patch made the Xbox One version alot more enjoyable barely any tearing and hell alot smoother

players says.

And yep it is currently the best shooter out now. Dedicated servers are just a bonus.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

WTH, i thought someone had bumped an old thread

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44542 Posts

Cool beans, if I had an X1 I'd be all over Dead Rising 3 and Crimson Dragon, and of course Titanfall. Give Tomb Raider a shot if you haven't played it yet.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

I completely forgot about TF, what happened to it?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts

I was very into it the first week or so but then I kind of lost interest in it. I just recently started playing it again thanks to the DLC.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

I was very into it the first week or so but then I kind of lost interest in it. I just recently started playing it again thanks to the DLC.

this is generally what I've had heard from most people

NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts

@lostrib said:

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By fgjnfgh

I don't know why most people think it's too late to play is. This game is barely 5 months old. Usually when a game with a great multiplayer tends to stay longer and this one is unique, so other multiplayer games would feel inferior to it. We might see threads like this popping up in holidays this year as well because people want to try it

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 fgjnfgh

@bloodytides said:

I would have just pick up the PC version does the xbox one still have that frame rate issue

yeh still I thought they would fix this issue after patches. I used to watch its gameplay on Youtube and tearing was more, now it's less. But, game is fast and smooth and doesn't effect your aiming. It's when titans come that tearing start to appear

Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

it added another name to the list of mediocre fps.

remiks00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#16  Edited By remiks00
Member since 2006 • 4249 Posts

Titanfall is an awesome game. I still play it often. I play the PC version. Too bad so many butthurt cows all over the internet bashed the game so much for no legit reason really. The only real reason to dislike it is the fact that the story is moot, and it does get repetitive...which could lead to boredom; but you can say that about battlefield & CoD or most other FPS. Honestly, the gameplay is fantastic. It's amazing what they accomplished with the source engine. "CoD with mechs"..blah blah blah. But yet you praise Halolands 2. (I like Destiny btw, just doesnt have a wow factor yet.) Hypocrites.

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#17 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

I played a lot of Titanfall when it first came out on PC. My favourite part of the game was definitely spent inside the Titan, and so I went to play Hawken instead.

Opus_Rea-333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Opus_Rea-333
Member since 2013 • 1238 Posts

@fgjnfgh said:

I don't know why most people think it's too late to play is. This game is barely 5 months old. Usually when a game with a great multiplayer tends to stay longer and this one is unique, so other multiplayer games would feel inferior to it. We might see threads like this popping up in holidays this year as well because people want to try it

I think the popularity of Xone Titanfall is increasing which is weird, PS4 owners told me X1 Titanfall was dying.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 fgjnfgh
@Opus_Rea-333 said:

@fgjnfgh said:

I think the popularity of Xone Titanfall is increasing which is weird, PS4 owners told me X1 Titanfall was dying.

Titanfall Bundle was a great value and right now there is the $400 new price cut without Kinect. Of course, players who bought X1 are mainly going for Titanfall this year. For me, it was Titanfall and Killer Instinct which surprisingly was free on my account. So, I havne't payed a single dollar on my 2 most wanted games lol

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

What Happened to Titanfall was it was great the first month or 2 of playing and then you realized that, it just became the same old same old, titans come out like clock work and everyone just waits for the timer to go down because being in a titan is the only real decent thing in the game which stands out, It just lost it's spark after a month or so

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Yes it might be fun for a day if you're into call of duty clones

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

That hype thread was fun.

Still haven't picked it up, due to it being expensive.

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Unreal tournament will be free and will better game. kinda sad how free game is better than full price game

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Yes it might be fun for a day if you're into call of duty clones

Not that much of clone honestly. Surprisngly, the free running movement and Titans hads alot of variety to the gameplay. Obviously, there's still a "modern shooter vibe" from the game, and it's no Unreal Tournament, but for a AAA, big budget title, it's surprisngly unique.

The problem i had with TF was the maps feeling too much the same, not enough game modes, lack of customization, etc. Got my 30 euros worth easy. But i'm not playing anymore. Wish it had mod support.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

@system-reboot said:

@freedomfreak said:

Unreal tournament will be free and will better game. kinda sad how free game is better than full price game

we dont know how UT will turn out yet...

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By freedomfreak  Online
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts
@system-reboot said:

I don't know. I haven't played it because it's not out yet.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@fgjnfgh: Two weeks of fun for me and I put it down. You are still in the two week phase. Have fun. I don't know if you'll be like me or if you'll end up playing it all year. All I know is you just got it so it's too early to tell where you'll fall into.

I know some people will enjoy it a long time, but others in my group just had a few weeks of fun and moved on. The bots and the setup just didn't wow us as much as we thought. It's also not a great co op game we could enjoy together either. I hope the next TF is more fleshed out with more Titans, more mechs, more modes, more weapons, and they add a sweet SP story driven campaign.

Anyways, this thread seemed like it was bumped, but it turns out you just got into the game. BTW: I'm not into Destiny either, the Alpha didn't do much for me. So far, I'm not into the big shooters I've played this gen.

SolidTy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 SolidTy
Member since 2005 • 49991 Posts

@Nengo_Flow said:

@Kaze_no_Mirai said:

this is generally what I've had heard from most people

@bezza2011 said:

@Nengo_Flow said:

What Happened to Titanfall was it was great the first month or 2 of playing and then you realized that, it just became the same old same old, titans come out like clock work and everyone just waits for the timer to go down because being in a titan is the only real decent thing in the game which stands out, It just lost it's spark after a month or so

@NFJSupreme said:

@lostrib said:

SYSTEM-REBOOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SYSTEM-REBOOT
Member since 2014 • 658 Posts

@MBirdy88 said:

@system-reboot said:

@freedomfreak said:

PC exclusive. nuff said

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@system-reboot said:

@MBirdy88 said:

@system-reboot said:

@freedomfreak said:

PC exclusive. nuff said

No need to be a fanboy. I'm hyped for UT, but a wait and see approach is needed. Everything seems to be gong well so far, but until the game is released, we can't speak of how good it'll be.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

The game bundle that keeps on giving.

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45061 Posts

PC version is best and cheaper too.

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
GrenadeLauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 GrenadeLauncher
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts

Hype believed. Just bought an Xbone right now. Thank you based EA. Can't wait to buy your next grindy shooter.

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@SolidGame_basic said:

PC version is best and cheaper too.

what about the cloud? Respawn said the xbone's version was best because the cloud made it an unique experience.

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

It was a fantastic game in terms of gameplay, it just lack content and insentives to continue when the fun side starts to wane.

I got prestige 5 in a week.... I never prestiged in a boring ass cod game... that speaks volumes.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fgjnfgh

Most of you played it for a month or less and have left it. I also see most of you won't buy Destiny either . You guys are depressing lol. Those 2 games were the most exciting shooter this year besides Evolve. I don't know why most of you won't play Titanfall any more, but there is a new DLC out and they enhanced performance as well. Maybe matchmaking get crowded this holiday.

fgjnfgh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 fgjnfgh

Most of you played it for a month or less and have left it. I also see most of you won't buy Destiny either . You guys are depressing lol. Those 2 games were the most exciting shooter this year besides Evolve. I don't know why most of you won't play Titanfall any more, but there is a new DLC out and they enhanced performance as well. Maybe matchmaking get crowded this holiday.

@sts106mat said:

@fgjnfgh said:

every time i play, i still see new players and low experience pilots (apart from the DLC playlists). The game is still shifting copies it seems.

The game is 5 months old, I highly doubt that we will see new comers.

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@lostrib said:

LOL, me too.

Dire_Weasel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#45  Edited By Dire_Weasel
Member since 2002 • 16681 Posts

@lostrib said:

Yeah, me too.

Ugalde-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ugalde-
Member since 2009 • 3732 Posts

I don't have a One but my friend does and I loved Titafall. Basically did two prestiges for him. I think it was a very exciting game. The only problem was either I was too good or the game was too easy because I always finished on the top of the list.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@sts106mat said:

Game is fucking awesome. Had about a months break from it, came back to it after the update, the new Titan voices, titan burn cards, Marked For Death game mode etc are all really welcome. Easily my favourite game of the year so far.

You liked Ryse your taste in games suck..lol

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60705 Posts

I have grown tired of it, especially since @sts106mat refuses to play with me.

brimmul777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

User Lists: 2

#49 brimmul777
Member since 2011 • 6083 Posts

@sts106mat said:

Game is fucking awesome. Had about a months break from it, came back to it after the update, the new Titan voices, titan burn cards, Marked For Death game mode etc are all really welcome. Easily my favourite game of the year so far.

I agree with this.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

Titanfall is great. I play it more on PC now but I will play a match on XB1 ever now and then. If you can get a group with headsets while playing Last Titan Standing you will have a blast.