Tired of this stupid motion control stuff

This topic is locked from further discussion.

getsomeskill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 getsomeskill
Member since 2009 • 155 Posts
I'm seriously sick of it. When I come home from work, I want to sit on my couch WITHOUT FLAILING MY ARMS, open a can of beer and just play a video game. Why is everyone making it so difficult! why?
2beers_in_hand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 2beers_in_hand
Member since 2007 • 2950 Posts

*gives TC a high five, and passes him a beer* I agree give me my controller I want to play not do jazzercise.

kejigoto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#3 kejigoto
Member since 2004 • 2735 Posts

I'm seriously sick of it. When I come home from work, I want to sit on my couch WITHOUT FLAILING MY ARMS, open a can of beer and just play a video game. Why is everyone making it so difficult! why?getsomeskill

Heaven forbid you might be required to do something eh?

Honestly though, I don't see within this generation either Microsoft or Sony making it so you have to use motion controls no matter what. Maybe some big new games will make use of it, but I'm sure you can stave off a heart attack long enough to enjoy them.

I can't see why people are so opposed to motion controls. Very few Wii games actually make me get up and do things, most can be enjoyed on the couch with a few flicks of the wrist here and there. Natal might have you up doing abit more, but I don't see the Motion Wand having you up doing a whole lot and even with Natal I'm guessing most games are being built to be played in the seated position.

kramer_inc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 129

#5 kramer_inc
Member since 2008 • 1303 Posts

It's of no intrest to me yet. I'm all for kicking back with some beers and playing not jumping around like a monkey. :)

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

So far, it has done next to nothing to change the way games are played. If anything all it's been doing has been hindering progression. Nothing kills immersion faster than making the player flail their arms around like a lunatic.

patriots7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 patriots7672
Member since 2008 • 3249 Posts

I totally agree, motion control is useless gimmick that I can't stand. I want to sit and use thumbsticks and buttons.

DeadEndPanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DeadEndPanda
Member since 2008 • 2358 Posts

im tierd of FPS, and guess what, i dont play them much :O

so if you simply dont care about the motion controles they wont annoye you that much

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

I'm seriously sick of it. When I come home from work, I want to sit on my couch WITHOUT FLAILING MY ARMS, open a can of beer and just play a video game. Why is everyone making it so difficult! why?getsomeskill

Wait for Natal! It's not just flailing your arms!

(it's flailing your legs too!)

Ontain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#10 Ontain
Member since 2005 • 25501 Posts
WITHOUT FLAILING MY ARMS, getsomeskill
You're doing it wrong :lol:
Avatar image for deactivated-5967f36c08c33
deactivated-5967f36c08c33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 deactivated-5967f36c08c33
Member since 2006 • 15614 Posts

I'm not the biggest fan of gesture-based motion controls and the like,but I will admit,IR support is pretty awesome and useful,and I wouldn't mind seeing it again next generation.

reveiwer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 reveiwer
Member since 2008 • 650 Posts

Well whether you like it or not its gonna stay for next gen, and the gen after that and the gen after that.....

Avatar image for deactivated-5fc30280b8881
deactivated-5fc30280b8881

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5fc30280b8881
Member since 2005 • 446 Posts

So, I'm playing Galaxy or Metroid Prime, sitting basically how I sit when I play Sunshine or Prime on the GameCube. 99% of the aiming and motion control is done by small wrist movement and nothing else. Gives me a more natural-feeling way to play the games, as well as superior speed and accuracy.

The only games that have you "flailing around" are sports games, pretty much. Would you like to revise your statement into "I want to play sports games by pressing buttons while sitting on the couch"?

So far, it has done next to nothing to change the way games are played. If anything all it's been doing has been hindering progression. Nothing kills immersion faster than making the player flail their arms around like a lunatic.

Silent-Hal

So, a fast, accurate, more natural-feeling control scheme for FPSes, and realistic movement simulation for sports games are "hindering progression"? Again, the flailing point is moot. The only games that have you flailing around are sports games, which just happens to be the genre most changed by motion controls. Just so happens said motion controls add a ton of immersion to playing games like bowling, tennis, etc.

jakehouston88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#14 jakehouston88
Member since 2009 • 2848 Posts

It's optional for the PS3.

As forthe Wii, I see your point.

Avatar image for TalesofRaGnArOk
TalesofRaGnArOk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 TalesofRaGnArOk
Member since 2007 • 3189 Posts

Well, please enlighten me to what game requires you to FLAIL YOUR ARMS, because I own over 20 Wii games, and the most action I've ever done was wave it back and forth a couple times.

bokiloki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 bokiloki
Member since 2008 • 1452 Posts

agree. motion controls along with the shooter genre need to be buried 6 ft. under as soon as possible.

me_rock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 me_rock
Member since 2004 • 2462 Posts

I don't mind the Wii motion control, but Natal is just stupid. Just look at what that girl was doing at the MS Conference. It's stupid and unnecessary, flailing your body around like that.

LyfOfAManti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LyfOfAManti
Member since 2009 • 86 Posts

if not forced, i don't mind. wouldn't mind true VR in the futrue.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#19 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

I hear ya. I really hope it doesn't become a major part of gaming (especially with the PS3), because I just don't like it, which is probably why I don't really play my Wii anymore.

tj1eight7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tj1eight7
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

If people wanted motion sensing they would've already bought a Wii.

bobcheeseball

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 bobcheeseball
Member since 2007 • 9316 Posts

Depends. If motion controls are done right it can be a lot of fun. See Wii Sports, Metroid Prime Trilogy, NHL 2K10, Tiger Woods, ect. But it can also be complete crap sometimes.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts

Depends. If motion controls are done right it can be a lot of fun. See Wii Sports, Metroid Prime Trilogy, NHL 2K10, Tiger Woods, ect. But it can also be complete crap sometimes.

bobcheeseball

This.

And it's obvious that games like Wii Sports Resort aren't geared towards every body. :roll:

Avatar image for Ryusuke_Akihiro
Ryusuke_Akihiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Ryusuke_Akihiro
Member since 2007 • 425 Posts

In that case you should be happy with the list of motion control games for the PS3. Aside from RE5 which is already playable with a regular controller, you don't have to worry about big franchises strictly using motion controls. (So far) I doubt NATAL is going to any different. It'll just be a bunch of casual cash-ins.