TimeSplitters = Underrated, Halo = Overrated

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for timesplittersiz
timesplittersiz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 timesplittersiz
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
TimeSplitters is better in every way, in both single-player and multi-player. It has more weapons, game modes, customizations, and content. And it doesn't have that stupid regenerating health system. The single-player is actually fun, with a funny storyline. TimeSplitters series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo series Anyone who doesn't agree is a Halo fanboy, that is a blind consumer who easily sells out to marketing hype.
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

I agree with this TC. Timesplitters FTW!

tagyhag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tagyhag
Member since 2007 • 15874 Posts
"Anyone who doesn't agree..." Oh you're one of THOSE people. :P
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

Time splitters=bad..and completely horrible made by a studio without the range or talent beyond their goldeneye roots which is why the games played exactly like golden eye in the end their non-talent is why they eventually went under.

Halo=mediocre at best but it wasn't atleast a last gen, and current gen game franchise based all most completely in its gameplay off a game that was already pretty old by most standards.

Time splitters deserved its low scroing, low sales place, Halo didn't deserve its high scoring, high selling place. but please Timesplitters was by no means underated it received what it received because it was just that bad.

The__Havoc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The__Havoc
Member since 2009 • 2350 Posts

Time Splitters is the most overrated FPS ever in existence. So much praise for such an underwhelming game. Don't get me wrong its a decent game but with each iteration look at the FPS that have come out along side them in the year of each release. They utterly put TS to shame.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

Time splitters=bad..and completely horrible made by a studio without the range or talent beyond their goldeneye roots which is why the games played exactly like golden eye in the end their non-talent is why they eventually went under.

Halo=mediocre at best but it wasn't atleast a last gen, and current gen game franchise based all most completely in its gameplay off a game that was already pretty old by most standards.

Time splitters deserved its low scroing, low sales place, Halo didn't deserve its high scoring, high selling place. but please Timesplitters was by no means underated it received what it received because it was just that bad.

WilliamRLBaker

Really? It is a proved AAA series, gameplay old? It is a FPS there is only so much you can do and Halo does it all. You cant be serious.

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 archvile_78
Member since 2007 • 8438 Posts

Time splitters deserved its low scroingWilliamRLBaker

Timesplitters Future Perfect: 8.1

Timesplitters 2: 8.7

Timesplitters: 8.4

What are these "low scores" you're talking about? Also Haze is why they went under.

mo0ksi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 mo0ksi
Member since 2007 • 12337 Posts
You bring a compelling argument, which I respectfully disagree with. Now, if you don't mind me, I have a hype train to catch.
dog_dirt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 dog_dirt
Member since 2009 • 2813 Posts

lol. KZ2 pisses on both of them.

DarkLink77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 DarkLink77
Member since 2004 • 32731 Posts
[QUOTE="tagyhag"]"Anyone who doesn't agree..." Oh you're one of THOSE people. :P

Lord Almighty, Tagy. Your sig is rockin'! :D On topic, I resctfully disagree, TC, having played a lot of of FPSes. Timesplitters was a good series. Halo is a fantastic series, even with all it's flaws. Hype is all well and good, but even crazy hype won't save a mediocre game in the court of public opinion. Probably why I haven't bought an Activision game in 2 years. Huh.
dragonfly110

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#11 dragonfly110
Member since 2008 • 27955 Posts

you know halo didnt have regenerating health right? that was halo 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5c8e4e07d5510
Member since 2007 • 17401 Posts
How the hell is Timesplitters' single player better? :?
vadicta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#13 vadicta
Member since 2007 • 4354 Posts

Yeah, but here's the thing; TimeSplitters is defunct, Halo is trhiving.

And plus you can jump in Halo :D

But I don't like either series, so you can take what I say as you will.

altairs_mentor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 altairs_mentor
Member since 2009 • 696 Posts
timesplitters, if brung to the ps3 WILL be the halo killer ( this is only my opinion if you disagree you DIE! only joking)
Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

TimeSplitters is better in every way, in both single-player and multi-player. It has more weapons, game modes, customizations, and content. And it doesn't have that stupid regenerating health system. The single-player is actually fun, with a funny storyline. TimeSplitters series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo series Anyone who doesn't agree is a Halo fanboy, that is a blind consumer who easily sells out to marketing hype.timesplittersiz

In writing Time Splitters works. Too bad the game controls are CRAP. I had one of the Time Splitters for gamecube, forget which one, but it was no match for the glorious Halo.

the_mitch28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 the_mitch28
Member since 2005 • 4684 Posts

timesplitters, if brung to the ps3 WILL be the halo killer ( this is only my opinion if you disagree you DIE! only joking)altairs_mentor

But if they "brung" it to the PS3 how will it kill Halo if it isn't even on the same platform? :S

Tweetie-Pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Tweetie-Pot
Member since 2010 • 1040 Posts

Does popular = overrated? Or does overrated = popular? Or do those two thing have nothing to do with each other? :evil:

archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 archvile_78

[QUOTE="timesplittersiz"]TimeSplitters is better in every way, in both single-player and multi-player. It has more weapons, game modes, customizations, and content. And it doesn't have that stupid regenerating health system. The single-player is actually fun, with a funny storyline. TimeSplitters series >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Halo series Anyone who doesn't agree is a Halo fanboy, that is a blind consumer who easily sells out to marketing hype.Heirren

In writing Time Splitters works. Too bad the game controls are CRAP. I had one of the Time Splitters for gamecube, forget which one, but it was no match for the glorious Halo.

Might have been Timesplitters 2, i remember the manual aiming was beyond horrible, horrible as in think about goldeneye manual aiming on N64.

Immortal--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Immortal--
Member since 2010 • 1415 Posts
Nice first post, Mr."timesplittersiz".
Phantom_Leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 Phantom_Leo
Member since 2002 • 7090 Posts

Why do people even bother to respond to topics like this anymore?

You've replied multiple times to this guy as Brosyn, Trozyn, g805ge, ceforga...

Ignore topics like this and let him just go away.

savagetwinkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 savagetwinkie
Member since 2008 • 7981 Posts

while i liked timesplitters, there was something that kept me from loving it, it definitly wasn't as fun as halo, maybe it was too much like goldeneye with tons of stupid crap thrown in.

altairs_mentor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 altairs_mentor
Member since 2009 • 696 Posts

[QUOTE="altairs_mentor"]timesplitters, if brung to the ps3 WILL be the halo killer ( this is only my opinion if you disagree you DIE! only joking)the_mitch28

But if they "brung" it to the PS3 how will it kill Halo if it isn't even on the same platform? :S

Using a gun
WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

Advid-Gamer

Really? It is a proved AAA series, gameplay old? It is a FPS there is only so much you can do and Halo does it all. You cant be serious.

a proven AAA series? lol no. the post below you proved it got AA scores.

@Archville_78 I should edit my post but I'll do it here, It deserved lower scores then it got its not underrated Infact it was overrated highly and no haze is not why it went under Free radical had been in trouble for years before it went under, Haze was their last chance.

time splitters as a series followed the golden eye formula to the letter, they didn't change, improve, or tweak it in any meaningful way over what 5 games? Halo atleast added things and changed things with each itteration even though it was mediocre it was still a change.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i agree with TC in every way possible
Duckyindiana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Duckyindiana
Member since 2006 • 3040 Posts
i agree with TC in every way possibleelbert_b_23
And i disagree with the TC in every way possible!
Flamuel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#27 Flamuel
Member since 2009 • 236 Posts

timesplitters is terrible and halo created fps so u suck

HailedJohnDman
Really? halo created fps, is it THAT good that it 100% DEFINED fps gaming?
archvile_78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 archvile_78

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

WilliamRLBaker

@Archville_78 I should edit my post but I'll do it here, It deserved lower scores then it got its not underrated Infact it was overrated highly and no haze is not why it went under Free radical had been in trouble for years before it went under, Haze was their last chance.

time splitters as a series followed the golden eye formula to the letter, they didn't change, improve, or tweak it in any meaningful way over what 5 games? Halo atleast added things and changed things with each itteration even though it was mediocre it was still a change.

Ah i see. Honestly my only gripe with it was the manual aiming but its been fixed in TSFP. I wouldn't call the serie underrated though it had a solid fanbase, for me it just stood out more than most monotonous FPS we had at the time.

Pug-Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Pug-Nasty
Member since 2009 • 8508 Posts

Never played TS, heard it was good. I don't like the word overrated, but I think Halo is overpraised by its fanbase more than most games.

alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

WilliamRLBaker

so... is there any game like?

just saw your scores and for you, imo, everything= overrated.

kuraimen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kuraimen
Member since 2010 • 28078 Posts
I agree that Halo is most overrated franchise ever. I thought Timesplitters was fun but nothing special.
godzillavskong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32 godzillavskong
Member since 2007 • 7904 Posts
How the hell is Timesplitters' single player better? :?Guppy507
Yeah, that's a little out there. I enjoyed the first and second Timesplitters on the Gamecube, but I would say it's not a stellar title, but a little above average.Very good multiplayer,but the single player was a bit stale. As far as Halo not deserving the hype, I think it came out the gate with Halo and Halo 2, which were very good games, and well deserving of the hype imo.
bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#33 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

ive played both franchises and many FPS and timesplitters was so much better that it put everything else to shame IMO.

D00nut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#34 D00nut
Member since 2003 • 7618 Posts

Since Halo Reach returned to only have regenerating shields, I don't think that argument can be used anymore. In fact, three out of the 5 Halo games Bungie made do not have the regeneration health trait (1, ODST, and Reach).

Avatar image for deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 deactivated-5ef52b89b6fd0
Member since 2009 • 4928 Posts

[QUOTE="Advid-Gamer"]

[QUOTE="WilliamRLBaker"]

WilliamRLBaker

I am confused......The post below mine was scores for timesplitters, I was responding to YOU saying Halo = mediocre.

king_bobo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#36 king_bobo
Member since 2007 • 2099 Posts
Timesplitters is an incredible game, but it hasn't been discussed for some time because there hasn't been a Timesplitters game this generation. It's a bit like how, before The Last Guardian was even hinted at, people didn't talk about ICO or its sequel much. Personally, I think both series are truly great, and Halo still has some things to learn from Timesplitters (for example, possibly the challenge-modes and most importantly inclusion of bots!).
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#37 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30573 Posts

Threads like this make TimeSplitters look very overhyped. Only TimeSplitters2 was great but still not close to any Halo game.

dukenukemownsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 dukenukemownsu
Member since 2010 • 228 Posts
jumping>>>no jumping halo>>>timesplitters
AbusedMajesty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 AbusedMajesty
Member since 2010 • 409 Posts

lol. KZ2 pisses on both of them.

dog_dirt

yeah, that's true KZ2 owns :)

DJ_Headshot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DJ_Headshot
Member since 2010 • 6427 Posts
I agree Time Splitters is an awesome fps series had so much fun playing it on my ps2 i was so mad when i ended up breaking the disk :(
alfredooo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 alfredooo
Member since 2007 • 2664 Posts

I agree Time Splitters is an awesome fps series had so much fun playing it on my ps2 i was so mad when i ended up breaking the disk :(DJ_Headshot

how do you end up breaking a disk?