Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 Kizza_Soze
Member since 2021 • 448 Posts

Sony should try to reform Free Radical & make Timesplitters 4. Really thought Sony should have bought Free Radical on fire sale after Haze flopped, & especially after Fuse.

I enjoyed Haze, but it certainly didn't play like TS, & was obviously a almighty task to try replicate TS's success on a new piece of hardware, on launch window, that was notoriously hard to develop for at 1st, without help from Sony & it's 1st party studios.

Free Radical got a bum deal, & Sony would have been a great lifeline. Do these guys even make anything anymore since being gulped up by Crysis guys??

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#2 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46280 Posts

The AAA space aren't really that interested in making short, linear singleplayer FPS anymore.

It's a shame, but everyone is chasing that Fortnite money. They want to make their money with online games, where how you look can make you stand out, and can net a whole lot of money.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

I'm betting the new Timesplitters tries to emulate Fortnite and Overwatch.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

They made Haze and couldn't finish Star Wars Battlefront 3 because they misappropriated money for that to finish Haze, likely in hopes to use revenues from that to finish Battlefronts 3 but Haze tanked, not to mention made Homefront Revolution (another bomb) and couldn't afford to pay its employees. But they made Time Splitters. I guess it is best to just accept they're has-beens.

But they got bought by Deep Silver and former employees joined in reforming the studio just a few months back. Word is they're working on bringing back Time Splitters. Could be a redeeming moment. Then again it is Deep Silver we're talking about, and ragtag Free Radical team. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends up in development Hell next to Dead Island 2.

But as to whether Sony should buy them, there are safer bets out there. They're obsessed with quality and frankly Free Radical is a gamble so I just don't see it.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts

All the soul and fun would get sucked out of it. Just a remaster, please.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

@R4gn4r0k said:

The AAA space aren't really that interested in making short, linear singleplayer FPS anymore.

The short linear SP FPS were the one that criticized in 7th gen alot.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34602 Posts

Why Sony?

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 R4gn4r0k  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

Is there anything better than a short linear SP fps though?

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

If linear FPS like Half life, Doom, Metro than absoutely not. but if its like COD, MOH, Battlefield SP then its trash.

12 to 15 hours linear FPS are best ala Half life and Doom.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online

@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

If linear FPS like Half life, Doom, Metro than absoutely not. but if its like COD, MOH, Battlefield SP then its trash.

You should check out COD: United fronts, it's not trash.

In fact the first COD has multiple paths you can take, includes picking up health packs, ... everything you like in FPS.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Ghosts4ever

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

You should check out COD: United fronts, it's not trash.

In fact the first COD has multiple paths you can take, includes picking up health packs, ... everything you like in FPS.

I have played UO. Im talking about later COD from 4 to onwards. and beside COD2 also have multiple path.

now compare united offensive to vaguard. vanguard doesnot even looks like FPS. it looks like Graphic adventure game with few and far FPS elements.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Kizza_Soze

@Litchie:

Because they would be a good addition to the Sony family if they could regain that Timesplitter's & Second Sight magic.....these guys were a ragtag break off of Rare when MS bought them & they fractured......I just always wished Sony had bought them & maybe got some of their other teams to help if development struggled....Which for obvious reasons it did with PS3 & Haze.

And I still enjoyed Haze, the game wasn't as terrible as made out to be, it just obviously suffered in some key areas, such as dropping from TS's silky smooth 60fps to 30fps, as well as suffering in story, etc.

I just feel they would have been a team that thrived with more of Sony's help in dev tool & other Sony 1st parties help.

Kizza_Soze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Kizza_Soze

Also TS was never really a campaign heavy/focused IP......it was more about it's fast, frenetic, buttery smooth couch based 2 & 4 player splitscreen MP..that & challenges.

I really hope they can recapture that magic again if the new game rumors come to fruition....but obviously it will at least need campaign, co-op & online MP to make it a chance to stand out.

I would just love to see games like this made again..this series was the successor to Goldeneye for me, when Rare kept fumbling immediately after the MS acquisition.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By R4gn4r0k  Online

@ghosts4ever said:

I have played UO. Im talking about later COD from 4 to onwards. and beside COD2 also have multiple path.

now compare united offensive to vaguard. vanguard doesnot even looks like FPS. it looks like Graphic adventure game with few and far FPS elements.

Vanguard isn't even set in WW2, it also has no German soldiers.

It's a farce compared to COD1, COD2 and COD WAW.

And no, United Fronts is a free remaster that adds an entirely new expansion to COD and COD UO.

Check it out.

It features every major battle from 1939-1945