Time to open up. Have you ever cheater in a multiplayer game?

• 68 results
hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

Poll Time to open up. Have you ever cheater in a multiplayer game? (58 votes)

yes 17%
no 74%
My name is Ghost, and i am scared of multiplayer :( 9%

I was watching this, and it made me cringe so hard i had to make this thread. Probably a shit question to ask cuz even if some did, they will probably never admit, or hide behind the "but i was a kid back then", so yeaaaaaaa...

Because this question won't lead anywhere, here's another one. Do cheaters in the online multiplayer titles bother you? If at a certain point the game you're playing becomes a cheaters central, is it enough for you to quit the game completely, or just leaving a match and re-queueing for another match is enough?

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-65dd04f21decf
deactivated-65dd04f21decf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 deactivated-65dd04f21decf
Member since 2022 • 3769 Posts

Never. But I have done my fair share of camping.

SargentD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SargentD
Member since 2020 • 8198 Posts

Halo 2 super jumps. I'm guilty

If there is a glitch in the game, I say it's fair game.

I never hacked tho

DEVILinIRON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By DEVILinIRON
Member since 2006 • 8770 Posts

Spawn camping, just a little. They were a KKK clan against pretty much just me.

ENI232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ENI232
Member since 2020 • 1005 Posts

No. I still don't even have a clue how to mod anything in order to even cheat. I've played vs a lot of cheaters, bust mostly in cod games. Especially bo3.

RatchetClank92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 RatchetClank92
Member since 2020 • 1342 Posts

Nope never cheated in a game. I remember playing Black Ops 3 on Xbox 360 around 5 years ago and it was just infested with cheaters to the point there was almost no point in signing on to play a game.

GhostOfGolden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GhostOfGolden
Member since 2023 • 2425 Posts

This feels like entrapment

Nirgal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Nirgal
Member since 2019 • 677 Posts

Yes, when i was a 10 year old i got some auto aim software or something for counter strike. I thought I was super smart for doing it. After ending up with the most kills in the match i told the other participants i was cheating and i was surprised to know they were angry with me hahahah.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 38813 Posts

@nirgal said:

Yes, when i was a 10 year old i got some auto aim software or something for counter strike. I thought I was super smart for doing it. After ending up with the most kills in the match i told the other participants i was cheating and i was surprised to know they were angry with me hahahah.

I was gonna say, anyone who played CS back in the day has most likely at least tried the hacks. I sure i hell knew at least two friends from the early 2000's who were cheating in CS.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Litchie  Online
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

No. And I have no idea how or why people who do feel good about themselves. You suck, will never get better and you spoil the fun for others. Grats.

I get that streamers are doing it, as they get more viewers if it looks like they're good at the game. They are assholes, but at least they have a reason.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hardwenzen

@Litchie said:

No. And I have no idea how or why people who do feel good about themselves. You suck, will never get better and you spoil the fun for others. Grats.

I get that streamers are doing it, as they get more viewers if it looks like they're good at the game. They are assholes, but at least they have a reason.

And i don't even see it from the streamers perspective. I am aware that a lot of zoomers watch certain channels because the streamer is good at the game, but personally, i couldn't give a shit about that. In fact, its way more entertaining to watch someone who tries real hard, gets destroyed, and then moans and find excuses why they got demolished🤣

And all of those cheating streamers have such shit personalities that if they're not noticed for being good at the game with their hacks on, nobody will ever watch them play anything cuz they're dull af.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

Back when the PS3 got jailbroken I messed around in MW2. That's about it.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

At best, exploits, dishonorable tactics.

Battlefield 1943 me and a friend would parachute onto the enemy aircraft carrier and get on separate water landing craft, mount the machine guns, and have coverage of the entire deck which was the team spawn point, and lay waste. This would get their team constantly spawning to try and kill us to no avail, instead of trying to capture or hold down flags. The game wouldn't count the kills but we'd get buttloads of points and a badge for ever two people we killed on a landing craft.

Battlefield Bad Company, on narrower maps on Rush Mode while playing defense, I would choose the sniper and hang out next to the ammo supply, and just endlessly spam Recon ballls toward the front lines and the team would know where each attack was coming from at all times, it wasn't even fair.

Also on BFBC1, on Rush Mode on offense for larger maps, while the team was rushing the A/B targets dying trying to plant a bomb, they can also be destroyed by direct attack, it takes longer but it works, so I'd get a tank and be well out of view of the target but I'd try firing over the horizon to hit it, while I'd have a friend with a view of the target correct my fire until I could repeatedly pummel it.

Either BFBC2 or BF3, I forget. For most part victory goes to teams who spawn right away at match start and acts fast. Though almost every team on maps with lots of vehicles starts their match with a traffic jam getting out of base. I'd spawn fast and get an ATV, throw C4 all over it, get to the enemy base bottleneck and go full speed at the vehicle bottlenecks. The match was always too early for anybody to see a kamikaze strike coming and my approaches often went ignored, and I'd jump off the ATV and detonate taking out multiple vehicles every time along with everyone inside them. Sometimes I'd die but worth it, other times anybody in position to kill me is dead so I sneak onto their base and wait for one of the tanks I destroyed to respawn, and take it, and roll it out back to our side and keep it alive from a rear position. By numbers, this affords a 2 tank advantage for our team over their's, and that disparity pretty much guaranteed victory.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 7259 Posts

No. To be honest, I kinda suck at videogames, but can still manage to have a good time when getting wrecked.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#14  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

I fucking hate cheaters. Scum of the earth. A bunch of trash players with no skill and trolls.

PCLover1980

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 PCLover1980
Member since 2022 • 1244 Posts

I looked at my brother's screen when we used to play splitscreen multiplayer. That's cheating.

But online cheating? Nah. I'm not a scrub.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:

I fucking hate cheaters. Scum of the earth. A bunch of trash players with no skill and trolls.

I bet you were absolutely abused by cheaters by being a DICE games enjoyer.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#17  Edited By mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

Back in the early days of online gaming, yeah, I've run a couple scripts. I think in Counter-Strike I had a no-recoil script, but it sort of took the fun out of the game so I stopped using it. I tried wallhack as well on a friend's computer. This would have been like 1999-2000.

Diablo 2 had "soft cheating" with dupes. It was pretty harmless, and the economy eventually was based on duping "Stones of Jordan" for trading lol.

It was more for curiosity than exploitation, though. Back then games were just about skill and not unlocking stuff and we didn't have ranked leaderboards or anything, so cheating was ultimately pointless.

Honestly, I blame developers more than I do cheaters. If games were still games instead of performance-based gambling machines, we probably wouldn't have so many cheaters. All these cheaters want is all the unlocks and cosmetics and bullshit they've added to games so people feel compelled to play some shitty game long after they should have stopped.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44140 Posts

Nope. Never have, never will. I don’t even bother looking for glitches or exploits in a online multiplayer game game either.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By BassMan  Online
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

It was never an issue for me until BFV and that game has become really bad for cheaters. DICE/EA don't even give a shit. There are blatant cheaters who get reported and continue to terrorize servers for months. There is one mother fucker named BF5_Pro_Hacker who literally advertises it in his name and is still not banned as far as I know. Absolutely pathetic.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By BassMan  Online
@mrbojangles25 said:

Back in the early days of online gaming, yeah, I've run a couple scripts. I think in Counter-Strike I had a no-recoil script, but it sort of took the fun out of the game so I stopped using it. I tried wallhack as well on a friend's computer. This would have been like 1999-2000.

Diablo 2 had "soft cheating" with dupes. It was pretty harmless, and the economy eventually was based on duping "Stones of Jordan" for trading lol.

It was more for curiosity than exploitation, though. Back then games were just about skill and not unlocking stuff and we didn't have ranked leaderboards or anything, so cheating was ultimately pointless.

Honestly, I blame developers more than I do cheaters. If games were still games instead of performance-based gambling machines, we probably wouldn't have so many cheaters. All these cheaters want is all the unlocks and cosmetics and bullshit they've added to games so people feel compelled to play some shitty game long after they should have stopped.

There is no excuse for cheats/hacks.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

Kinda? More like helping another cheat, who definitely didn't need the help. All for the lulz.

Back in the day, my roommate was #1 in the world at some lousy racing game lol. Think it was called Flatout? There was two dudes who could kinda keep up with him, but not really. He had no real competition.

Anyways, he got another account up to the top. Then sometimes while he was racing, he'd have me drive backwards on that sub account and wreck his opponents, just to troll lol. Devs ended up having to patch that out of the game. Drive backwards, you go invisible with no player collision.

As for actual cheating, nah **** that. Aside from being an asshole, seems it would just be boring.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hardwenzen

@BassMan said:
@hardwenzen said:
@BassMan said:

It was never an issue for me until BFV and that game has become really bad for cheaters. DICE/EA don't even give a shit. There are blatant cheaters who get reported and continue to terrorize servers for months. There is one mother fucker named BF5_Pro_Hacker who literally advertises it in his name and is still not banned as far as I know. Absolutely pathetic.

You should try the battlefront games. EA gives zero fucks.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#23 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

@BassMan said:
@mrbojangles25 said:

There is no excuse for cheats/hacks.

You're right of course, cheating is cheating. But not everyone is doing it because they're a scumbag lol.

Not going to feel bad about something I did as a kid 20+ years ago.

Ultimately not a big deal.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@sargentd said:

Halo 2 super jumps. I'm guilty

If there is a glitch in the game, I say it's fair game.

I never hacked tho

Never cheated .. used glitches in games though (which I do not consider cheating)

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

That YouTube channel is super entertaining. I've watched his stuff.

Cheating in multi-player? Wouldn't know where to start. I don't hold competitive mp games in high regards so were I to begin cheating in them I'd have lost my mind thrice over....

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56080 Posts

@Zero_epyon said:

Back when the PS3 got jailbroken I messed around in MW2. That's about it.

For me, it was Gameshark...but I only used that device for SP games, and never came to my mind to use it for MP games. Well technically, I did use Gameshark on Gameboy Color & Advanced for Pokemon main games just to get infinite rare candy leveling up Pokemon was a snooze breeze, and use them for Pokemon Battles when playing people through cable connection.

timemasheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 timemasheen
Member since 2015 • 485 Posts

No, I have never cheated in a multi-player game.

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6025 Posts

@ConanTheStoner said:

Kinda? More like helping another cheat, who definitely didn't need the help. All for the lulz.

Back in the day, my roommate was #1 in the world at some lousy racing game lol. Think it was called Flatout? There was two dudes who could kinda keep up with him, but not really. He had no real competition.

Anyways, he got another account up to the top. Then sometimes while he was racing, he'd have me drive backwards on that sub account and wreck his opponents, just to troll lol. Devs ended up having to patch that out of the game. Drive backwards, you go invisible with no player collision.

As for actual cheating, nah **** that. Aside from being an asshole, seems it would just be boring.

This brings back memories (not Flatout) but I had a Pommy (someone from the UK) friend who was atop the leaderboards on Ridge Racer 6 on the 360, and the leaderboard would delete you if you don't at least race once per week, so I jumped online once a week for an hour and just sat there and let him win races, I did it for 3 months. After that I said I was selling the game, and he went off his nut, sending me racist voice messages and the like lol. Found out he was part of a racist clan in the UK, absolute nutcase.

Also Sega Rally on the 360 I was like 40th in the world (all legit) but it worked so that you needed to race people around the same rank or higher to get higher up the leaderboards, and the top guys had like 20 different accounts across multiple 360's boosting their alt accounts up near the top and then using those accounts to lose to their main account, pack of arseholes, I could have easily been top 5.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts
@last_lap said:

After that I said I was selling the game, and he went off his nut, sending me racist voice messages and the like lol. Found out he was part of a racist clan in the UK, absolute nutcase.

Loading Video...

Not what I expected lol.

Yeah boosting is pretty scummy. Never considered that in racing games. When I used to play a lot of MGO though, would see these players in private lobbies playing "1v1". Check the stats of their current game. "Oh this dude is 50/0, must be killing it!". 😂

Never understood the appeal either. Ok so you've boosted to a higher rank. Now you have to play people that earned it who are clearly better, get your ass stomped. Congrats?

Last_Lap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Last_Lap
Member since 2023 • 6025 Posts

@ConanTheStoner: Well he said some other stuff as well over the course of a month and then I deleted & blocked him, so he created alt accounts and would spam racist voice messages on & off for like 6 months. Plenty of weirdo's back then, not so much now.

UItravioIence

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By UItravioIence
Member since 2016 • 3021 Posts

I had a game shark back in the ps2 days. I would go to blockbuster and rent games then save them to my hdd. You only needed the game shark disc to play them. Game shark was also fun to troll people in Socom online with a rapid fire sniper or god mode.

KathaarianCode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 KathaarianCode  Online
Member since 2022 • 3393 Posts

Never cheated, really don't get the point. Why spend hours of your life just being a pos to other people? Kinda reminds me of some people in SW too. I just don't get why people really love wasting their lives being at their worst. 🤷‍♂️

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17812 Posts

No. Never in multiplayer. From time to time in single player though.

I did once get accused of cheating in a round of Giants Citizen Kabuto though....that's pretty much my proudest online MP achievement :P.

sakaiXx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#34  Edited By sakaiXx
Member since 2013 • 15913 Posts

Yep. Messing around with friends in CounterStrike 1.6 and original DoTA. Just the build in cheats and ~ dev mod never tried the external ones like wall hack or auto lock.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12944 Posts

@nod_calypse said:

Never. But I have done my fair share of camping.

Camping isn't cheating. Run and gunning is cheating. Camping FTW.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#37 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69428 Posts

Cheesing? Yep! Cheating? Nope!

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts

Sort of.

I remember on my mage in real vanilla WoW (not classic trash) I found a way to get on top of roofs and start sniping everyone. They couldn't get to me. Then there was a Arcane Missile glitch where you could shoot them across the entire Battle Ground.

Many jimmies were rustled.

simple-facts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 simple-facts
Member since 2021 • 2592 Posts

Nope,I'm not a pc gamer

adrian1480

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#40 adrian1480
Member since 2003 • 15033 Posts

lol imagine cheating in a video game.

exceptional loser behavior.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

Just when I told my brother and friend I wasn't looking at their screen while playing the OG Halo.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

Yup, back when I was 14/15 I tried out some hacks for Counter-Strike in a few matches. Never cheated on a multiplayer since.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Just when I told my brother and friend I wasn't looking at their screen while playing the OG Halo.

That's the worst kind of cheating.

with_teeth26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 1

#44 with_teeth26
Member since 2007 • 11511 Posts

not intentionally. I think i've taken advantage of the odd glitch - like once in PUBG I somehow warped into some rocks and was invisible to everyone else and killed a couple people who probably thought I was hacking. believe I was stuck though and died when the circle moved away.

another time in Hell Let Loose, I had a glitch where corn-fields weren't loading in for me. So I could just see a bunch of enemies lying down who thought they were hidden and was able to shoot them.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#45  Edited By KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12944 Posts
@with_teeth26 said:

not intentionally. I think i've taken advantage of the odd glitch - like once in PUBG I somehow warped into some rocks and was invisible to everyone else and killed a couple people who probably thought I was hacking. believe I was stuck though and died when the circle moved away.

another time in Hell Let Loose, I had a glitch where corn-fields weren't loading in for me. So I could just see a bunch of enemies lying down who thought they were hidden and was able to shoot them.

That reminds me, I did something similar in Battlefield. I was in an airplane hangar, and there were brown boxes in the corner. I was able to lay down in them and shoot people, as they didn't see me.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 hardwenzen

@lebanese_boy said:

Yup, back when I was 14/15 I tried out some hacks for Counter-Strike in a few matches. Never cheated on a multiplayer since.

I can now safely assume that all Ubisoft lovers are hackers tbh.

dracula_16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#47 dracula_16
Member since 2005 • 15992 Posts

I tried to use an aimbot in Yahoo Pool, but it didn't work. Other than that, I've never done it.

dimebag667

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 dimebag667
Member since 2003 • 3053 Posts

F*ck no! I absolutely hate the idea of cheating in multiplayer videogames. Hell, I don't even like different controllers being allowed. Everyone should have the same hardware, and let skill be the deciding factor. I don't even understand the desire to cheat. You didn't actually win. You didn't improve yourself. You only proved that you are the weak.

I had a roommate who was running an aimbot and wall-hack on BF2142. His reasoning was that the game wasn't as popular anymore, and that made it ok. I almost kicked him in the face. He was the same POS who drank all of our other roommate's limited edition Dr pepper. To pay him back, we decided to order him a few cases of Dublin Dr Pepper. It was his birthday too, so I was fine with chipping in. The roommate we bought the soda for put them in his Dr Pepper vending machine in the garage. So if you wanted one you would have to pay. The cheating douchebag roommate never had cash, but was always sipping on one of those expensive Dr Peppers. Come to find out, that worthless f*cker was coming in my room and stealing change off my dresser, to deplete the soda that I helped pay for. I don't think I will ever understand how someone can be such an ass.

I associate all cheaters with that motherf#cker, and I hate them all.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By blamix
Member since 2006 • 2030 Posts

Never on multiplayer.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

Nope. I don't see the point. Winning because of a cheat will bring me no satisfaction.