loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

Nintendo’s flagship console was the number one selling video game hardware device in October, according to new figures from NPD Group, a market research firm that tracks U.S. video game sales.

Between the Nintendo Switch, Super Nintendo Entertainment System [SNES] Classic, and the company’s line of 3DS handheld devices, Nintendo accounted for two-thirds of all video game hardware sold in the U.S. for the second month in a row.

http://time.com/5027427/nintendo-switch-sales-2017/

Nintend00mination!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 43933 Posts

Yikes, I guess moar have yet to learn from the gimmick of Wii. Geeeeez, games look like 2001 OG Xbox games, if that. lolol Eh, okay, it's a handheld and I mean, where's the comp. in that arena from MS / Phony :

Now then, when talking serious console powahhouse gaming, Mighty X1X MonsterBox is the choice for Kings, baby!!! P

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

It looks like Nintendo have been learning from Sony's by the gamers, for the gamers mantra and are getting rewarded for doing so

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

"The recently launched Super Mario Odyssey was also the top selling game of the October, according to NPD"

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa: Nintendo has learned from their own mistakes

Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts

That's what happens when you make a well designed product that isn't a clone of it's competition.. and just feels "right" despite its technical limitations.

There is a big market still for portable "full experience" gaming, and putting out games that focus on gameplay.

who am I kidding? 4k mid gen upgrades are more important! /s

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61423 Posts

Good hardware with good software sells. More at 11.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#9 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

I mean we arent surprised are we?

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts

@aigis: Also, SNES Classic > PS4!

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#11 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

@SecretPolice: Insecure much?

Sorry but the BoneX can't be the center of attention in every thread.

Glad Nintendo is doing well this hardware cycle. The Switch just isn't my thing. I would rather game on a console that can play modern games without too many compromises.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#12 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

@loco145: that ones probably a little more surprising, didnt even know it was out this month

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#13 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Wii U 2 confirmed.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Can’t wait to see what the system has in store for next year. This was one of the best launch years for a gaming console and handheld so far.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5552 Posts

NDC

MooseWayne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MooseWayne
Member since 2017 • 361 Posts

Incoming, Switch mini, Switch XL, and super Switch dock.

superbuuman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#17  Edited By superbuuman
Member since 2010 • 6400 Posts

Switchy it can really move, Switchy's got an attitude,...Switchy is the fastest selling thing alive!! :P

hayato_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hayato_
Member since 2007 • 5165 Posts

I expected that. Its a brand new console / handheld hybrid. I'm loving Sonic Mania on the go and got my Xenoblade Chronicles 2 special edition on the way. Mario Odyssey was a let down for me personally and I'm not a Zelda fan so I'd like to see some more different IPs to push this thing through 2018 if its selling so well. Already got my eye on the New No More Heroes.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

Good news for gamer's. With the Switch selling well, Sony kicking some butt, and now the X seems to be selling well this is a good time to be a gamer. Hopefully they all sell well because this is good for the industry because competition is GOOD!

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5819 Posts

I'm starting to want a switch over the Xbox One x and PS4 Pro, but I dont know why.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@SecretPolice: you try to hard sometimes. Never get old or boring though.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

I must say the Switch current success surprises me. Never thought it would be that appealing. Was seriously predicting another WiiU. Nintendo proved me wrong.

But having in mind Nintendo has released two amazing exclusives and a couple of a few more good ones I say it's a deserved success. Both PS4 and Switch deserve their sales. MS should learn from them and realise high quality exclusives are detrimental for console sales

neversummer75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 neversummer75
Member since 2006 • 1136 Posts

I have the switch, but am going to sell it. It's a fantastic machine, but I just don feel the need to game on the go. When I leave the house, I want to enjoy other various hobbies that I have. I feel that gaming on the go can be a distraction to other aspects of one's life. I have no problem with waiting to get home in order to game.

Vrokespell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vrokespell
Member since 2017 • 25 Posts

I am not convinced that this is a success for anybody but Nintendo. Maybe when I see more third party games for it, I'll concede.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

@neversummer75:

I agree but it is hard to discredit how large the game scene is and with that portability aspect comes a potential communal aspect that has been lost with the advent of online games. I think Nintendo views the portable side of things in this way, more of a means for people to interact, with games being the background platform.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22368 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

It looks like Nintendo have been learning from Sony's by the gamers, for the gamers mantra and are getting rewarded for doing so

AzatiS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 AzatiS
Member since 2004 • 14969 Posts

@loco145: Can you provide us worldwide sales to compare it with PS4 in a global scale ?

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#28 Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

But I thought it was the bait and switch? Right gaiz?

schu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 schu
Member since 2003 • 10191 Posts

I hate the word flagship and that is all I can focus on right now.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

Good games sell consoles, did that come as a surprise?

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

Yikes, I guess moar have yet to learn from the gimmick of Wii. Geeeeez, games look like 2001 OG Xbox games, if that. lolol Eh, okay, it's a handheld and I mean, where's the comp. in that arena from MS / Phony :

Now then, when talking serious console powahhouse gaming, Mighty X1X MonsterBox is the choice for Kings, baby!!! P

You do have a point about it being a handheld, but you have to admit that this hybrid that you dislike so much ( that actually has really good games )is going to bury the almighty xb1x this holiday season :( .

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 14

#32 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41489 Posts

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

lol

Actually buying that mantra...

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@Epak_ said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

A surprise for xbox fans who thought 4k power would excite people and move consoles but not for any one with common sense.

AAA Exclusive games = system sales

Power but no AAA Exclusives games = good luck

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hrt_rulz01

@lexxluger said:
@Epak_ said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

A surprise for xbox fans who thought 4k power would excite people and move consoles but not for any one with common sense.

FireEmblem_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#36 FireEmblem_Man
Member since 2004 • 20248 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: It's more pathetic that cows are hiding behind the Switch, when they don't own one. Switch is Gen 9 leader, and PS4 has peaked, Switch is beating PS5 to a pulp right now.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01

@FireEmblem_Man said:

@hrt_rulz01: It's more pathetic that cows are hiding behind the Switch, when they don't own one. Switch is Gen 9 leader, and PS4 has peaked, Switch is beating PS5 to a pulp right now.

Yeah cows are experts at hiding... some behind PC, now Switch too it looks like. Lol.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

It is awesome Nintendo is doing so well, Sony is also kicking ass, and Microsoft finally looks like they are on the right path. All of this news is great for gamers and competition. I am super excited to see what each of them bring to the game next. This is just straight up win right now!

Needhealing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#39  Edited By Needhealing
Member since 2017 • 2041 Posts

To be honest, this is a good thing for Nintendo. It was either sell or die like Sega and be bought by Sony or Microsoft.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@needhealing said:

To be honest, this is a good thing for Nintendo. It was either sell or die like Sega and be bought by Sony or Microsoft.

Valve would have swooped in to save them in the last minute, giving PC the only genre of game it's missing (platformers, and Zelda).

stuff238

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 stuff238
Member since 2012 • 3284 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man: Gen 9/next gen doesn’t start until Sony says it starts.

Switch is a mid gen console refresh of the Wii u. All they did was make it wireless and the sides detachable. Still the same system. Hell, most of the games on switch are Wii u ports.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@lexxluger said:

Could be seen with the PS4 too. Exclusives matter. Still enjoying my X at the moment, I even got AssCreed Origins and happen to enjoy it more than I'd like to admit (as I really enjoy to give crap to Ubi for playing it safe and only releasing quick cash grabs nowadays). Didn't buy it new though, found a digital copy for half the price, so no money for UBI from me hehheh.

It looks really darn nice in 4k and HDR enabled, gameplay isn't that bad either, I like sneaking and killing the bad guys :P Alexandria had some distracting slowdown though.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

When PS 5 will arrive, everybody will forget about Switch. And how can a portable console with games designed for kids markets ever beat a High end Console? By sales? Yes, Parents of childrens are buying Switch for Childrens in large numbers. Mario sells more and is popular dosen't mean its better than Half life. By Quality? Super Mario Odessey and Zelda Breath of the wild are laughable in comparision to Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm guessing you are 30 + something gamer? Stop hiding behind Childrens Video Games and play some real Video Games for a change ( Xenoblade Chronicles 2, DOOM, Skyrim ) on Switch. Then we can have a fruitful discussion about pros and cons of Switch.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Its good to hear, the Switch is the only console I have bought from Nintendo since the NGC. The Wii while it was a commercial success was meh to me and the Wii U... Well yeah that was the worst console ever. The Switch to me is the perfect system to go along with my PC. That being said I don't see it as a console.

Also as for third party support, I would love to see more indie games and less demanding games... I wouldn't mind Fortnite on this thing or Overwatch.

UssjTrunks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By UssjTrunks
Member since 2005 • 11299 Posts

@indzman said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

When PS 5 will arrive, everybody will forget about Switch. And how can a portable console with games designed for kids markets ever beat a High end Console? By sales? Yes, Parents of childrens are buying Switch for Childrens in large numbers. Mario sells more and is popular dosen't mean its better than Half life. By Quality? Super Mario Odessey and Zelda Breath of the wild are laughable in comparision to Bloodborne, Uncharted 4, Horizon Zero Dawn. I'm guessing you are 30 + something gamer? Stop hiding behind Childrens Video Games and play some real Video Games for a change ( Xenoblade Chronicles 2, DOOM, Skyrim ) on Switch. Then we can have a fruitful discussion about pros and cons of Switch.

High end console? Consoles are cheap and underpowered by their very definition. As a PC gamer, I don't see much difference between a Switch and PS4. Anything that can't sustain 144 fps (or even 60 fps) at maxed graphical fidelity is a potato to me.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@UssjTrunks said:
@indzman said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

High end console? Consoles are cheap and underpowered by their very definition. As a PC gamer, I don't see much difference between a Switch and PS4. Anything that can't sustain 144 fps (or even 60 fps) at maxed graphical fidelity is a potato to me.

Don't talk like a crazy guy like Switch and PS 4 graphics, Hardwares are the same in your eyes. Are we even discussing PC games or its power in this Topic? PS 4 Pro and Xbox One X are High End consoles. Don't make silly statements about them being underpowered in comparison to PC as its not the point we are discussing in this thread.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 18036 Posts

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@lexxluger said:
@Epak_ said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@FireEmblem_Man said:

It's so transparent lmao

This thread has nothing to do with the Xbox but the butthurt shows out of nowhere over it, then proceeds to hide behind the Switch.

as the other thread was an indication, cows are desperate right now after learning their best ever "black friday" was crushed by Nintendo.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hrt_rulz01

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

It's so transparent lmao

This thread has nothing to do with the Xbox but the butthurt shows out of nowhere over it, then proceeds to hide behind the Switch.

as the other thread was an indication, cows are desperate right now after learning their best ever "black friday" was crushed by Nintendo.

That's an understatement... we can see it with their cherry-picked DF comparison threads this week. They look for any negative and pounce on it like a pack of hyenas. Lol.

This mantra seems to be more prevalent than ever:

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

We all know this is a lie. Nintendo can't be successful without you tube content creators.