THQ nordic will announce 2 new games on gamescom one a new IP and other new entry in existing IP

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24896 Posts

Sauce

• New Announcement #1 – The first new announcement is a brand new original IP. This open world RPG is set in a unique universe and will be a post-apocalyptic kung-fu fable.
  • New Announcement #2 – The second new announcement is a new instalment of a well-known, mysterious and horrific IP.

Could existing IP will be Stalker 2??? if it will be than imagine Metro exodus and Stalker 2 in same year!! gonna be Gold. or what it could be??

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

Do we really need another open-world rpg?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

If it's Stalker 2 there is a high probably it will be designed with consoles in mind. unless it's turned into some extremely excellent free2play survival game.

Personally part of the appeal of Stalker was it's DIY roughness. It's 1997 "Game Over." MSPaint text, it's terrible voice work and other oddities gave it more character than a high budget Hollywood aesthetic game perfectly ironed out but ultimately forgettable. If it winds up turning into Metro, Bioshock or whatever, "Hollywood", can see purists being turned off.

Of course this is speculative on nothing.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:

If it's Stalker 2 there is a high probably it will be designed with consoles in mind. unless it's turned into some extremely excellent free2play survival game.

but Metro is still turn out excellent series and i dont think Stalker 2 will be dumbed down since its not from AAA developers.

Prey, System shock remake are still PC oriented game so why not Stalker 2?

this is not 2009 when you need to dumbed down game in order to sell. today many games get back to its roots.

even Metro which is PC oriented is now on edge of becoming Stalker.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58854 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

but Metro is still turn out excellent series and i dont think Stalker 2 will be dumbed down since its not from AAA developers.

this is not 2009 when you need to dumbed down game in order to sell. today many games get back to its roots.

Such a wonderfully optimistic view my friend. Sadly, after years of traumatic events, Crysis 2, Fear 2, Bioshock and Rainbow Six: Vegas, cynism has became deeply entrenched. To expect anything other than the upmost worst is to invite suffering.

It would be delightful to have Stalker back with all it's eccentricities, completely apathetic to the business environment around it but i fear those days are past, the directionless vagabond replaced by the chained follower. Animated, but ultimately devoid of any spirit.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Ghosts4ever

@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Such a wonderfully optimistic view my friend. Sadly, after years of traumatic events, Crysis 2, Fear 2, Bioshock and Rainbow Six: Vegas, cynism has became deeply entrenched. To expect anything other than the upmost worst is to invite suffering.

It would be delightful to have Stalker back with all it's eccentricities, completely apathetic to the business environment around it but i fear those days are past, the directionless vagabond replaced by the chained follower. Animated, but ultimately devoid of any spirit.

these all games were 10 years ago. in this generation the development of games change. games are getting back to its roots. if crysis or fear happen today. i bet they will be more like original than thier sequels.

aigis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#7 aigis
Member since 2015 • 7355 Posts

its obviously "it's mr pants" 2

Avatar image for deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 deactivated-5acfa3a8bc51d
Member since 2005 • 7914 Posts

THQ as publishers dropped the ball with WWE. It should be as big as Call of Duty. WWE mechanics were unique in a world of FPS and RPGs. Reversing moves had to be done with perfect timing and submissions had good ol' button smashing. I wonder if Yuke's will be involved with the Kung-fu fable or if THQ Nordic has access to Yuke's WWE assets.

WallofTruth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 WallofTruth
Member since 2013 • 3471 Posts

I want a new open world Red Faction....and a not so super silly Saints Row, **** Agents of Mayhem.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@playmynutz said:

THQ as publishers dropped the ball with WWE. It should be as big as Call of Duty. WWE mechanics were unique in a world of FPS and RPGs. Reversing moves had to be done with perfect timing and submissions had good ol' button smashing. I wonder if Yuke's will be involved with the Kung-fu fable or if THQ Nordic has access to Yuke's WWE assets.

Wrestling is irrelevant in 2017. Sorry dude.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

@walloftruth said:

I want a new open world Red Faction....and a not so super silly Saints Row, **** Agents of Mayhem.

The first 2 Saints Rows were actually really good games. Shame they turned the series into unfunny lame superhero shit after that.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

Kungfu RPG? Sweet.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts
@lrdfancypants said:

Kungfu RPG? Sweet.

It's better than that it's a futuristic, post apocalyptic "kung-fu RPG" ;)

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Ghosts4ever

@GarGx1 said:
@lrdfancypants said:

Kungfu RPG? Sweet.

atleast its not another mediaval fantasy RPG. one of the most stale genre of recent times.

GarGx1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By GarGx1
Member since 2011 • 10934 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:
@GarGx1 said:
@lrdfancypants said:

Kungfu RPG? Sweet.

atleast its not another mediaval fantasy RPG. one of the most stale genre of recent times.

Oddly, I wasn't being sarcastic. I think the idea sounds awesome (in a cheesy way)

Made me think of this

Loading Video...

Complete with the 80's big hair please

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

@GarGx1: ok, I'd be excited for this.