Thoughts on the next box and backward compatibility?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="campzor"]Dont see why the 720 would need BC, the 360 has no games!campzor
lol so going by your logic the PS3 can not even outsell a console with no games. It just shows how bad of a system the PS3 is then huh? Here comes his response wait what I mean is the 360 has games but all these games from them do not count for blah blah reasons.

No, ppl bought 360's so they can keep their houses warm at night. It is far cheaper to buy a 360 than to install a heating system into your house. Its secondary function also works as an anti burglar system. 1 simple step of turning it on and the noise will scare away burglars. No need to train a dog and have sh!t all over your house.

Ok cool so something that is nothing but a make shift burglar alarm is wanted more then the PS3. I agree btw since I would get more use out of a machine that only made a loud noise then I do out of my PS3. So the no game loud noise maker is more wanted then the PS3. It honestly does make a lot of sense to me.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]lol so going by your logic the PS3 can not even outsell a console with no games. It just shows how bad of a system the PS3 is then huh? Here comes his response wait what I mean is the 360 has games but all these games from them do not count for blah blah reasons.

No, ppl bought 360's so they can keep their houses warm at night. It is far cheaper to buy a 360 than to install a heating system into your house. Its secondary function also works as an anti burglar system. 1 simple step of turning it on and the noise will scare away burglars. No need to train a dog and have sh!t all over your house.

Ok cool so something that is nothing but a make shift burglar alarm is wanted more then the PS3. I agree btw since I would get more use out of a machine that only made a loud noise then I do out of my PS3. So the no game loud noise maker is more wanted then the PS3. It honestly does make a lot of sense to me.

well the ps3 is a multimedia game console... the 360 is for security and heat... ppl NEED heat to survive in some countries, they dont need a game console. Think of the children
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 CanYouDiglt
[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="campzor"] No, ppl bought 360's so they can keep their houses warm at night. It is far cheaper to buy a 360 than to install a heating system into your house. Its secondary function also works as an anti burglar system. 1 simple step of turning it on and the noise will scare away burglars. No need to train a dog and have sh!t all over your house.

well the ps3 is a multimedia game console... the 360 is for security and heat... ppl NEED heat to survive in some countries, they dont need a game console. Think of the children

Face it you not only look like a idiot but a giant fanboy with the no game thing. Fact is the PS3 actually has the least amount of games of all 4 main systems and is behind the PC and 360 when it comes to scores. So the PS3 is the system with no games in reality. Now I am sure your response will be to say a bunch of games from the 360 do not count for whatever reason because, well because that is how Sony fanboys are.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 campzor

[QUOTE="campzor"][QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Ok cool so something that is nothing but a make shift burglar alarm is wanted more then the PS3. I agree btw since I would get more use out of a machine that only made a loud noise then I do out of my PS3. So the no game loud noise maker is more wanted then the PS3. It honestly does make a lot of sense to me.CanYouDiglt

Face it you not only look like a idiot but a giant fanboy with the no game thing. Fact is the PS3 actually has the least amount of games of all 4 main systems and is behind the PC and 360 when it comes to scores. So the PS3 is the system with no games in reality. Now I am sure your response will be to say a bunch of games from the 360 do not count for whatever reason because, well because that is how Sony fanboys are.

Actually, that is you, as anyone can easily tell (even over the internet) that i am not being serious. But I guess when you are so invested in the system wars as yourself, you take everything so seriously. Maybe lighten up a bit, no?

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 CanYouDiglt

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"][QUOTE="campzor"] well the ps3 is a multimedia game console... the 360 is for security and heat... ppl NEED heat to survive in some countries, they dont need a game console. Think of the childrencampzor

Actually, that is you, as anyone can easily tell (even over the internet) that i am not being serious. But I guess when you are so invested in the system wars as yourself, you take everything so seriously. Maybe lighten up a bit, no?

Oh come on now, You have been saying that 360 no games line forever but when you get called out you say it was a joke. It is a idiotic statement for a giant cow like you to say joke or no joke any system has no games since the PS3 literally has the fewest amount of games of all 4 systems.
Avatar image for deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-5acbb9993d0bd
Member since 2012 • 12449 Posts
[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Lacking BC =/= needing a different account on the new console. And having to take it up the a** twice for online. I imagine same account, one subscription. Or I would hope anyways. Either way, given the treatment of BC to the original Xbox, It dosn't seem like it's even been a priority.

Nextbox will use the same Microsoft Account that you would use on windows 8 and windows phone. but sadly I bet you still have to buy seperate game son seperate ssytems (E.G you cant buy angry birds on windows store and play it on your win phone or xbox 8)
Supabul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#57 Supabul
Member since 2004 • 4266 Posts

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]lol, boy you really are stupid aren't you.  Sure guy....that's what I was sayihng..sure

Clock-w0rk

It's best just to ignore the village idiot (Karateechop).

:lol:

That guy you have as your avatar and sig looks like a Turian from Mass effect

Sooshy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#58 Sooshy
Member since 2007 • 1723 Posts
MS doesn't have enough talented people working for them to make the next Xbox backwards compatible.
OhSnapitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 OhSnapitz
Member since 2002 • 19282 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Lacking BC =/= needing a different account on the new console. And having to take it up the a** twice for online. I imagine same account, one subscription. Or I would hope anyways. Either way, given the treatment of BC to the original Xbox, It dosn't seem like it's even been a priority.casharmy

I guess that is the question then...will you XBL account for xbox360 cross over to the next platform.

Throw me a bone here cause I'm not sure, can anyone tell me if people's account from the original xbox cross over to xbox360 when it launced?

Yes! I purchased XBLG the last few months of the XBox lifecycle and once I picked up a 360, the account transferred. On Subject.. I don't think the 720 will be BC simply because of cost. Besides it's more beneficial for a company to screw you like Sony did with the PS3 and re-sell you last gen games..
Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#60 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

It's not going to happen.  And unlike PS4 we won't get HD collections or some way to play 360 games by streaming.

Avatar image for deactivated-59d151f079814
deactivated-59d151f079814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#61 deactivated-59d151f079814
Member since 2003 • 47239 Posts
............... It's fvcking pathetic that this isn't expected feature in this age.. So basically to enjoy games you literally have to ensure that you hold the original consoles and hope they keep in good working condition..
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 campzor
[QUOTE="campzor"]

[QUOTE="CanYouDiglt"]Face it you not only look like a idiot but a giant fanboy with the no game thing. Fact is the PS3 actually has the least amount of games of all 4 main systems and is behind the PC and 360 when it comes to scores. So the PS3 is the system with no games in reality. Now I am sure your response will be to say a bunch of games from the 360 do not count for whatever reason because, well because that is how Sony fanboys are.CanYouDiglt

Oh come on now, You have been saying that 360 no games line forever but when you get called out you say it was a joke. It is a idiotic statement for a giant cow like you to say joke or no joke any system has no games since the PS3 literally has the fewest amount of games of all 4 systems.

well yeah... thats kind of the running joke around these parts. But as i said, you're far too invested into SW to see my posts for what they really are.
Ly_the_Fairy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Ly_the_Fairy
Member since 2011 • 8541 Posts

............... It's fvcking pathetic that this isn't expected feature in this age.. So basically to enjoy games you literally have to ensure that you hold the original consoles and hope they keep in good working condition.. sSubZerOo

Yah, it's nice.

My entertainment center has four shelves. That'll hold 30+ years worth of consoles right?

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Will be pretty surprised if it doesn't happen

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts
No one cares about backwards comparability anymore. If they just let me move my arcade games over that will be more than enough. If not then no big deal.
GeForce-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 GeForce-
Member since 2013 • 305 Posts

It's Microsoft, they will look at every way in order to get extra pennies from its blind fanbase. Therefore I doubt it would have BC.

If Microsoft sets up a marketplace where old 360 games can be purchased for the new console, I can bet my whole bank account that you'll have to get XBL Gold to buy them.