Thoughts on the next box and backward compatibility?

• 66 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

On the positive side of things I personally think 720 will be BC, it just makes  sense since it's basically a straight up PC anyway however...

Another thought crossed my mind, it will be alot worse for xbox fans if next box is not BC compaired to PS4.  Why?  Because of XBL!!!!  If MS next console ISN'T BC lemmings will get double milked by having to pay twice to play the other portion of games they bought for 360 last gen...

thoughts?

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60713 Posts
I cant see it not being, but Ms is a greedy self focused company, who knows.
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
MS wont lose a lot of market share if the blocked used games. That being said, I don't care. This isn't 2005 where XBL was still in its infancy and all people did was play Halo 2 on their 360's.
Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Speedzilla
Member since 2012 • 1732 Posts

Kinda a useless feature for the lemmings imo. No games and all.

Neon_Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Neon_Noir
Member since 2013 • 1466 Posts
It will be flawless. GOAT console incoming.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 casharmy

MS wont lose a lot of market share if the blocked used games. That being said, I don't care. This isn't 2005 where XBL was still in its infancy and all people did was play Halo 2 on their 360's. clyde46
This isn't even about blocking used games, I'm strictly talking about Backward compatibility here. 

Like I said, I do believe next box will have BC...lol but if it dosen't MS really will screww fans who bought the last console because both units would require premium subscriptions to play games online.  I just wondered if anyone else has thought about this.

Cali3350

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Cali3350
Member since 2003 • 16134 Posts

I can pretty much guarentee it wont be BC.  Power PC to X86 is possible to emulate but there is no way to guarentee performance, and I dont believe the Jaguar chip Microsoft is using will have the power to fully emulate the chip in all circumstances.

Much like Sony, Microsoft is forced out of BC due to the hardware they have chosen.  

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts
They're greedy, so I think like Sony they'll want to sell you those old games again, so I don't think it will be.
KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 KarateeeChop
Member since 2010 • 4666 Posts

Because of XBL!!!!  If MS next console ISN'T BC lemmings will get double milked by having to pay twice to play the other portion of games they bought for 360 last gen...

casharmy

are you saying there's an xbl fee per console? :lol:

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 clyde46

[QUOTE="clyde46"]MS wont lose a lot of market share if the blocked used games. That being said, I don't care. This isn't 2005 where XBL was still in its infancy and all people did was play Halo 2 on their 360's. casharmy

This isn't even about blocking used games, I'm strictly talking about Backward compatibility here. 

Like I said, I do believe next box will have BC...lol but if it dosen't MS really will screww fans who bought the last console because both units would require premium subscriptions to play games online.  I just wondered if anyone else has thought about this.

Reading back, I derped when I put used games. I meant to write BC.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
Lacking BC =/= needing a different account on the new console. And having to take it up the a** twice for online. I imagine same account, one subscription. Or I would hope anyways. Either way, given the treatment of BC to the original Xbox, It dosn't seem like it's even been a priority.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

Because of XBL!!!!  If MS next console ISN'T BC lemmings will get double milked by having to pay twice to play the other portion of games they bought for 360 last gen...

KarateeeChop

lol, boy you really are stupid aren't you.  Sure guy....that's what I was saying..sure

Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Speedzilla

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

casharmy

lol, boy you really are stupid aren't you.  Sure guy....that's what I was sayihng..sure

It's best just to ignore the village idiot (Karateechop).

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 casharmy

Lacking BC =/= needing a different account on the new console. And having to take it up the a** twice for online. I imagine same account, one subscription. Or I would hope anyways. Either way, given the treatment of BC to the original Xbox, It dosn't seem like it's even been a priority.darkspineslayer
I guess that is the question then...will you XBL account for xbox360 cross over to the next platform.

Throw me a bone here cause I'm not sure, can anyone tell me if people's account from the original xbox cross over to xbox360 when it launced?

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 vaderhater
Member since 2003 • 3972 Posts

[QUOTE="clyde46"]MS wont lose a lot of market share if the blocked used games. That being said, I don't care. This isn't 2005 where XBL was still in its infancy and all people did was play Halo 2 on their 360's. casharmy

So no one bought any download games from PSN as well?

vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 vaderhater

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Lacking BC =/= needing a different account on the new console. And having to take it up the a** twice for online. I imagine same account, one subscription. Or I would hope anyways. Either way, given the treatment of BC to the original Xbox, It dosn't seem like it's even been a priority.casharmy

I guess that is the question then...will you XBL account for xbox360 cross over to the next platform.

Throw me a bone here cause I'm not sure, can anyone tell me if people's account from the original xbox cross over to xbox360 when it launced?

Yes it crossed over

soulitane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 soulitane
Member since 2010 • 15091 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Lacking BC =/= needing a different account on the new console. And having to take it up the a** twice for online. I imagine same account, one subscription. Or I would hope anyways. Either way, given the treatment of BC to the original Xbox, It dosn't seem like it's even been a priority.casharmy

I'm pretty sure that it did.
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]Lacking BC =/= needing a different account on the new console. And having to take it up the a** twice for online. I imagine same account, one subscription. Or I would hope anyways. Either way, given the treatment of BC to the original Xbox, It dosn't seem like it's even been a priority.soulitane

I'm pretty sure that it did.

if that holds true then that will be pretty cool

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 KarateeeChop

lol, boy you really are stupid aren't you.  Sure guy....that's what I was saying..sure

casharmy

it's pretty clear you were saying you need another account to play the next xbox. :lol:

oh, and i would refrain from calling people stupid after making posts like these:

Simple truth: Many people in western society are racist.

The REAL reason why people hate PS3 is because it's the black color (asian created HD) console.

Rebuttle: then why did the wii sell so well?

Answer: because it was wasn't in direct competition with "Da American" console.

Think about it...why doesthe PS3 sell better in every other country around the world compared to 360?

people will make up other excuses, but no one can LOGICALLY explain support for a system/company that charges for things every other console gets free, and has an exclusvie library that only consists of 1 or 2 high quality titles that are ALWAYS released at the very end of the year.

casharmy

Who doesen't know that the majority of xbox fanboys are racist/nationalist mined. it's pretty easy to spot and the xbox live community is a pretty good backer for what I've said.

casharmy

;)

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

Speedzilla

lol, boy you really are stupid aren't you.  Sure guy....that's what I was sayihng..sure

will you ever forgive me for embarrassing you? :(

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

I don't think the Xbox will have BC. The hardware is too different from the 360.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52426 Posts
lol those quotes haha
vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 vaderhater

I don't think the Xbox will have BC. The hardware is too different from the 360.

dream431ca

No pretty sure the 360 was pc like too

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="clyde46"]MS wont lose a lot of market share if the blocked used games. That being said, I don't care. This isn't 2005 where XBL was still in its infancy and all people did was play Halo 2 on their 360's. vaderhater

the idea I'm talking about revolves around your online portion of games...PSN for PS3 is free.  Even if sony charges for online games with PS4 nothing is lost with what ever you own on PS3.  I'm not really sure why you are mentioning downloadable games here.  What are you trying to say exactly?

dream431ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 dream431ca
Member since 2003 • 10165 Posts

[QUOTE="dream431ca"]

vaderhater

No pretty sure the 360 was pc like too

You would need to do it though emulation, but who knows. I think BC is a thing of the past.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 casharmy

lol those quotes hahafreedomfreak
tyson-smiling.jpg

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 KarateeeChop

lol those quotes hahafreedomfreak

say freedom, word on the street has it that you have a girly voice. :P

Neon_Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Neon_Noir
vaderhater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 vaderhater

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]This isn't even about blocking used games, I'm strictly talking about Backward compatibility here. 

casharmy

the idea I'm talking about revolves around your online portion of games...PSN for PS3 is free.  Even if sony charges for online games with PS4 nothing is lost with what ever you own on PS3.  I'm not really sure why you are mentioning downloadable games here.  What are you trying to say exactly?

Yes but I dont lose all the 7th gen games I bought on live because I could play them on an 8th gen machine. What happens with the PS3 titles you bought this gen if your PS3 brokedown?

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 freedomfreak

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]lol those quotes hahaKarateeeChop

Says who? :O
casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 casharmy

.Neon_Noir
LMFAO sorry I asked Neon...I'm sure nextbox will be everything you dreamed it will be 

StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 StrongDeadlift  Online
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

casharmy

both units would require premium subscriptions to play games online. 

lemmings will get double milked by having to pay twice to play the other portion of games they bought for 360 last gen...

casharmy

idiot :roll:

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="vaderhater"]So no one bought any download games from PSN as well?

vaderhater

Yes but I dont lose all the 7th gen games I bought on live because I could play them on an 8th gen machine. What happens with the PS3 titles you bought this gen if your PS3 brokedown?

:) then I'm f*cked

Neon_Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Neon_Noir

[QUOTE="Neon_Noir"] .casharmy

LMFAO sorry I asked Neon...I'm sure nextbox will be everything you dreamed it will be 

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 casharmy

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]lol, boy you really are stupid aren't you.  Sure guy....that's what I was saying..sure

StrongDeadlift

both units would require premium subscriptions to play games online. 

lemmings will get double milked by having to pay twice to play the other portion of games they bought for 360 last gen...

casharmy

idiot :roll:

Touch a never mr asshat?  

I was informed that xbl accout crossed over from the original xbox to 360 in this thead, I didn't konw that before and I think that will most likely happen for next box too, so you are a little late with your insult

numbknutz

*edit*

also I never subscribed to xbl so I wasn't aware of how it worked

Speedzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Speedzilla

[QUOTE="Speedzilla"]

[QUOTE="casharmy"]lol, boy you really are stupid aren't you.  Sure guy....that's what I was sayihng..sure

KarateeeChop

will you ever forgive me

I forgive you.

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

[QUOTE="freedomfreak"]lol those quotes hahafreedomfreak

Says who? :O

zip.gif :twisted:

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 freedomfreak

KarateeeChop
You better come clean, or I'll find you
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 clyde46
Didn't take long before this thread turned personal.
StrongDeadlift

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 StrongDeadlift  Online
Member since 2010 • 6073 Posts

Touch a never mr asshat?  

I was informed that xbl accout crossed over from the original xbox to 360 in this thead, I didn't konw that before and I think that will most likely happen for next box too, so you are a little late with your insult

numbknutz

*edit*

also I never subscribed to xbl so I wasn't aware of how it worked

casharmy

I wasnt insulting you for not being aware of how it works.  

I was insulting you for implying that that wasnt what you were asking, and being smug about it, when it was clear that that was what you were asking :)

KarateeeChop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KarateeeChop

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

freedomfreak

You better come clean, or I'll find you

[spoiler]

aBJzqZU.jpg

[/spoiler]

i'm going to bed. :P

:twisted:

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 freedomfreak
FINE Sleep tight, karatee!
Avatar image for WithoutGraceXII
WithoutGraceXII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 WithoutGraceXII
Member since 2007 • 1797 Posts

Scrap BC entirely, but have the entire Halo series pre-installed on all 720 harddrives.

edit:

And since I'm in dream land, fire up the Halo 2 servers and let us play the greatest console fps multiplayer game of all time again.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44559 Posts
I imagine the XBL account would be cross platform, you should still be able to use your XBL account I think just if the games don't work then you'd have to play them on the other console.
Clock-w0rk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Clock-w0rk
Member since 2012 • 3378 Posts

[QUOTE="casharmy"]

[QUOTE="KarateeeChop"]

Speedzilla

:lol:

CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
I see the the damage control over the Nextbox having BC is in full swing. Why are you worried cows I thought you loved buying your games over and over again, just look how you all love the PS2 games being repackaged for the PS3 or how the PS3 did not have PS2 BC so they could resell you games.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Dont see why the 720 would need BC, the 360 has no games!
CanYouDiglt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 CanYouDiglt
Member since 2009 • 8474 Posts
Dont see why the 720 would need BC, the 360 has no games!campzor
lol so going by your logic the PS3 can not even outsell a console with no games. It just shows how bad of a system the PS3 is then huh? Here comes his response wait what I mean is the 360 has games but all these games from them do not count for blah blah reasons.
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
[QUOTE="campzor"]Dont see why the 720 would need BC, the 360 has no games!CanYouDiglt
lol so going by your logic the PS3 can not even outsell a console with no games. It just shows how bad of a system the PS3 is then huh? Here comes his response wait what I mean is the 360 has games but all these games from them do not count for blah blah reasons.

No, ppl bought 360's so they can keep their houses warm at night. It is far cheaper to buy a 360 than to install a heating system into your house. Its secondary function also works as an anti burglar system. 1 simple step of turning it on and the noise will scare away burglars. No need to train a dog and have sh!t all over your house.