This is Xbox Live for you...

• 122 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#51 Posted by clone01 (27117 posts) -
[QUOTE="k2theswiss"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] Well it should be offered to the victims of RROD, not having thempay more money for Microsofts ignorance.Sir-I_exCalibur
it's offered to everyone lol

For free?

Yep, all silver members get it, too.
#52 Posted by El_Zo1212o (6054 posts) -
Let me tell you about Xbox Live. Last week, there was a part of an afternoon where I was unable to add or remove friends from my friends list. Due to this incredibly small inconvenience, Live sent me a message saying, "hey, sorry 'bout that. Here, let me extend your subscription a month."
#53 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="wis3boi"]

[QUOTE="ShadowDeathX"]lol Adobe is in that thread.AdobeArtist

:lol:

I'm a Tomb Raider fan since the first game, and a member there for 4 years. Is that really so surprising?

Nope :P

Avatar image for Sir-I_exCalibur
#54 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="k2theswiss"] it's offered to everyone lolclone01
For free?

And this makes RROD ok?
#55 Posted by Timstuff (26840 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]XBox Live charges users for online, and doesn't even give them cloud saving. I mean, you'dthink with RROD fiasco, they should give users their safe saved games for free with cloud savings, but not only do they take money for their service, they fail to help the gamers. PSN+ has cloud saving btw.AdobeArtist

Xbox also has cloud saving. Ignorant post is ignorant.

Steam has cloud saves and they don't cost me a dime. And if cloud saves are worth paying a fee for, then that is what Microsoft should charge a fee for. Online multiplayer is supposed to be part of the game's initial sale price, and Microsoft is the only company that doesn't seem to understand this. It is getting even dumber now that you have to put up with all this online pass crap, because now you literally have to pay twice for the multiplayer.

Microsoft should just be honest and re-name Xbox Live Gold as "the idiot tax."

#56 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Well it should be offered to the victims of RROD, not having thempay more money for Microsofts ignorance.

So in other words, you were proven to be ignorant, and deflect the original ignorant post?

You know what? Kuraimen needs to post the pic of you and your wall of string.
#57 Posted by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]XBox Live charges users for online, and doesn't even give them cloud saving. I mean, you'dthink with RROD fiasco, they should give users their safe saved games for free with cloud savings, but not only do they take money for their service, they fail to help the gamers. PSN+ has cloud saving btw.Timstuff

Steam has cloud saves and they don't cost me a dime. And if cloud saves are worth paying a fee for, then that is what Microsoft should charge a fee for. Online multiplayer is supposed to be part of the game's initial sale price, and Microsoft is the only company that doesn't seem to understand this.

And the best part, you're paying to use your own bandwidth most of the time

#58 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -
Some serious lemming ownage in this thread :lol:great work guys
#59 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -
[QUOTE="Timstuff"]

[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

XBox Live charges users for online, and doesn't even give them cloud saving. I mean, you'dthink with RROD fiasco, they should give users their safe saved games for free with cloud savings, but not only do they take money for their service, they fail to help the gamers. PSN+ has cloud saving btw.Sir-I_exCalibur

Steam has cloud saves and they don't cost me a dime. And if cloud saves are worth paying a fee for, then that is what Microsoft should charge a fee for. Online multiplayer is supposed to be part of the game's initial sale price, and Microsoft is the only company that doesn't seem to understand this. It is getting even dumber now that you have to put up with all this online pass crap, because now you literally have to pay twice for the multiplayer.

Microsoft should just be honest and re-name Xbox Live Gold as "the idiot tax."

OK, but your assuming games on the xbox
#60 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]XBox Live charges users for online, and doesn't even give them cloud saving. I mean, you'dthink with RROD fiasco, they should give users their safe saved games for free with cloud savings, but not only do they take money for their service, they fail to help the gamers. PSN+ has cloud saving btw.Sir-I_exCalibur

Well it should be offered to the victims of RROD, not having thempay more money for Microsofts ignorance.

why would they need to do that anyway? the HDD in a 360 is detacheable, you keep your HDD when you send your console in and you use the Same HDD in the repleacement so your Savegames are safe, the only thing you have to worry about is your DRM licenses but you can transfer them at the push of a button to your new Xbox once every 4 months now, Not to mention the RROD is non existent now, i only know 2 people with the new 360 s model that have had any problems, you really are quite ignorant, Slate a onsole you know nothing about? what has the world come to,lol
#61 Posted by clone01 (27117 posts) -
[QUOTE="clone01"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] For free?Sir-I_exCalibur

And this makes RROD ok?

No. When did I say that?
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#62 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

delta3074

why would they need to do that anyway? the HDD in a 360 is detacheable, you keep your HDD when you send your console in and you use the Same HDD in the repleacement so your Savegames are safe, the only thing you have to worry about is your DRM licenses but you can transfer them at the push of a button to your new Xbox once every 4 months now, Not to mention the RROD is non existent now, i only know 2 people with the new 360 s model that have had any problems, you really are quite ignorant, Slate a onsole you know nothing about? what has the world come to,lol

Did Microsoft EVER give any type goodwill gesture freebie for all inconveniences caused by their poorly made units?

#63 Posted by dxmcat (2040 posts) -

I wonder if MS will start up a monthly subscription fee for using windows. They got enough morons with XBL, why not with windows too. Yea yea, business, all about making money. cept i sold my xbox 3 months ago after gears 3 got boring. only game worth a dang on that sytem. I almost wish I worked for MS, get paid for baiting. :D

#64 Posted by Tessellation (9007 posts) -
[QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]XBox Live charges users for online, and doesn't even give them cloud saving. I mean, you'dthink with RROD fiasco, they should give users their safe saved games for free with cloud savings, but not only do they take money for their service, they fail to help the gamers. PSN+ has cloud saving btw.Sir-I_exCalibur

pinnaclegamingP just because you paid for GS subscription doesn't translate to not getting banned..also bandodging is against TOS
#65 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] Well it should be offered to the victims of RROD, not having thempay more money for Microsofts ignorance.StrongBlackVine

Did Microsoft EVER give any type goodwill gesture freebie for all inconveniences caused by their poorly made units?

yeah, i got a free game 2 times it happened, I got PDZ and Kameo, i have yet to play Kameo yet though
#66 Posted by Snugenz (13388 posts) -

yeah, i got a free game 2 times it happened, I got PDZ and Kameo, i have yet to play Kameo yet thoughdelta3074

And you dare call yourself a gamer smh :(

But seriously, you should play it.

#67 Posted by jessejay420 (4091 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

Pwned!
#68 Posted by jessejay420 (4091 posts) -
[QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

[QUOTE="delta3074"]why would they need to do that anyway? the HDD in a 360 is detacheable, you keep your HDD when you send your console in and you use the Same HDD in the repleacement so your Savegames are safe, the only thing you have to worry about is your DRM licenses but you can transfer them at the push of a button to your new Xbox once every 4 months now, Not to mention the RROD is non existent now, i only know 2 people with the new 360 s model that have had any problems, you really are quite ignorant, Slate a onsole you know nothing about? what has the world come to,loldelta3074

yeah, i got a free game 2 times it happened, I got PDZ and Kameo, i have yet to play Kameo yet though

you need to.kameo is great!
#69 Posted by Zeviander (9503 posts) -
The kid is 12, he probably didn't buy the 360 for himself. And this has nothing to do with Gold, but irresponsible parents. Not only letting the child online unsupervised, but letting him play M-rated games.
#70 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="AdobeArtist"]

RROD during a save corrupts the drive. And also, there are alot more than just 2 people with the new Slim models RRODing.
#71 Posted by blackace (23576 posts) -

Bet he wishes he bought a PS3 instead...

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=132901

If he had a PS3, he still wouldn't be able to play because he doesn't have a controller. lol!!
#72 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] Well it should be offered to the victims of RROD, not having thempay more money for Microsofts ignorance.Sir-I_exCalibur

RROD during a save corrupts the drive. And also, there are alot more than just 2 people with the new Slim models RRODing.

can you provide any proof of that? because it's pretty obvious that even if RROD still exists it is nowhere near the scale it was before, also, a 360 RROD corrupting the entire HDD , i have never heard of that one, why don't you enlighten me and post a link to the story that claims that. 'Fortunately, SquareTrade found that Xbox 360 quality has improved dramatically since the third quarter of 2008, shortly before the 65nm CPU/GPU "Jasper" model was introduced. Since then, first-year failure rates have plummeted to below the 4 percent the company projected. Looking at 500 units purchased in 2009, SquareTrade found that less than 1 percent had suffered the Red Ring of Death.' http://uk.gamespot.com/news/xbox-360-failure-rate-237-ps3-10-wii-27-study-6216691 RROD wasn't a problem after 2009, come back to the future mate:)
#73 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="delta3074"]why would they need to do that anyway? the HDD in a 360 is detacheable, you keep your HDD when you send your console in and you use the Same HDD in the repleacement so your Savegames are safe, the only thing you have to worry about is your DRM licenses but you can transfer them at the push of a button to your new Xbox once every 4 months now, Not to mention the RROD is non existent now, i only know 2 people with the new 360 s model that have had any problems, you really are quite ignorant, Slate a onsole you know nothing about? what has the world come to,loldelta3074

can you provide any proof of that? because it's pretty obvious that even if RROD still exists it is nowhere near the scale it was before, also, a 360 RROD corrupting the entire HDD , i have never heard of that one, why don't you enlighten me and post a link to the story that claims that. 'Fortunately, SquareTrade found that Xbox 360 quality has improved dramatically since the third quarter of 2008, shortly before the 65nm CPU/GPU "Jasper" model was introduced. Since then, first-year failure rates have plummeted to below the 4 percent the company projected. Looking at 500 units purchased in 2009, SquareTrade found that less than 1 percent had suffered the Red Ring of Death.' http://uk.gamespot.com/news/xbox-360-failure-rate-237-ps3-10-wii-27-study-6216691 RROD wasn't a problem after 2009, come back to the future mate:)

Give it some time, then you can get your (how many RROD has it been so far)? 5th or 6th RROD!
#74 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"]yeah, i got a free game 2 times it happened, I got PDZ and Kameo, i have yet to play Kameo yet thoughSnugenz

And you dare call yourself a gamer smh :(

But seriously, you should play it.

OK, i see the gauntlet has been dropped, i will get on it the moment i have finsihed Dragornborn good sir:)
#75 Posted by jessejay420 (4091 posts) -
The kid is 12, he probably didn't buy the 360 for himself. And this has nothing to do with Gold, but irresponsible parents. Not only letting the child online unsupervised, but letting him play M-rated games.Zeviander
Thats the Problem with some Parents these days..some Parents never suprevise what their kids are doing then put the blame on others when their kids act out or do something crazy.. whatever it takes to avoid responsibility..
#76 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] RROD during a save corrupts the drive. And also, there are alot more than just 2 people with the new Slim models RRODing.Sir-I_exCalibur

Give it some time, then you can get your (how many RROD has it been so far)? 5th or 6th RROD!

i had 3 in the first year then i didn;t get my next RROD till last year, that was my Falcon at nearly 4 years but my Jasper is still going strong after 3 years and my S i have had for well over a year and i have had no problems with it, thats why i am telling you you are living in the Past mate, RROD has not been an issue for years so people that bring it up really are clutching at straws,lol
#77 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -
[QUOTE="Zeviander"]The kid is 12, he probably didn't buy the 360 for himself. And this has nothing to do with Gold, but irresponsible parents. Not only letting the child online unsupervised, but letting him play M-rated games.jessejay420
Thats the Problem with some Parents these days..some Parents never suprevise what their kids are doing then put the blame on others when their kids act out or do something crazy.. whatever it takes to avoid responsibility..

i won't let my kids play ANY game over there age rating, it actually bought me into conflict with my sister in Law, she bought my 14 year old lad Bulletstorm (18) so i sadi no way, she tried telling me i had to lt him play it on MY 360, That was it, i won that one, My xbox is Childlocked and my internet is child locked and we have no Mature content games on the PC at all and there PC isn't on the Net at all.
#78 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

[QUOTE="jessejay420"][QUOTE="Zeviander"]The kid is 12, he probably didn't buy the 360 for himself. And this has nothing to do with Gold, but irresponsible parents. Not only letting the child online unsupervised, but letting him play M-rated games.delta3074

i won't let my kids play ANY game over there age rating, it actually bought me into conflict with my sister in Law, she bought my 14 year old lad Bulletstorm (18) so i sadi no way, she tried telling me i had to lt him play it on MY 360, That was it, i won that one, My xbox is Childlocked and my internet is child locked and we have no Mature content games on the PC at all and there PC isn't on the Net at all.

Oppresive and overly strict parents have some of the worst behaving kids when they get older. Not like criminal behavior, but poor moral behavior. I hope you don't have a daughter...

#79 Posted by PCgameruk (1995 posts) -

Bet he wishes he bought a PC instead...

http://forums.eidosgames.com/showthread.php?t=132901

StrongBlackVine
Fixed
#80 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="delta3074"]can you provide any proof of that? because it's pretty obvious that even if RROD still exists it is nowhere near the scale it was before, also, a 360 RROD corrupting the entire HDD , i have never heard of that one, why don't you enlighten me and post a link to the story that claims that. 'Fortunately, SquareTrade found that Xbox 360 quality has improved dramatically since the third quarter of 2008, shortly before the 65nm CPU/GPU "Jasper" model was introduced. Since then, first-year failure rates have plummeted to below the 4 percent the company projected. Looking at 500 units purchased in 2009, SquareTrade found that less than 1 percent had suffered the Red Ring of Death.' http://uk.gamespot.com/news/xbox-360-failure-rate-237-ps3-10-wii-27-study-6216691 RROD wasn't a problem after 2009, come back to the future mate:) delta3074

i had 3 in the first year then i didn;t get my next RROD till last year, that was my Falcon at nearly 4 years but my Jasper is still going strong after 3 years and my S i have had for well over a year and i have had no problems with it, thats why i am telling you you are living in the Past mate, RROD has not been an issue for years so people that bring it up really are clutching at straws,lol

6 RRODS??!!?? Some people just don't learn.
#81 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] Give it some time, then you can get your (how many RROD has it been so far)? 5th or 6th RROD!Sir-I_exCalibur

A TRUE lemming. 6 failures and keeps on buying and paying. Microsoft is counting on gamers like that.

#82 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="delta3074"]i had 3 in the first year then i didn;t get my next RROD till last year, that was my Falcon at nearly 4 years but my Jasper is still going strong after 3 years and my S i have had for well over a year and i have had no problems with it, thats why i am telling you you are living in the Past mate, RROD has not been an issue for years so people that bring it up really are clutching at straws,lolStrongBlackVine

A TRUE lemming. 6 failures and keeps on buying and paying. Microsoft is counting on gamers like that.

The money is one thing, but what about all the time wasted to deal with these issues?
#83 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] 6 RRODS??!!?? Some people just don't learn.Sir-I_exCalibur

The money is one thing, but what about all the time wasted to deal with these issues?

I know. If something failed on me 2 or 3 times I think I would start looking at alternatives...

#84 Posted by Tessellation (9007 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] Give it some time, then you can get your (how many RROD has it been so far)? 5th or 6th RROD!Sir-I_exCalibur

what would you know PinnaclegamingP
#85 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="jessejay420"] Thats the Problem with some Parents these days..some Parents never suprevise what their kids are doing then put the blame on others when their kids act out or do something crazy.. whatever it takes to avoid responsibility..StrongBlackVine

Oppresive and overly strict parents have some of the worst behaving kids when they get older. Not like criminal behavior, but poor moral behavior. I hope you don't have a daughter...

yes i do but it's not overly opressive to abide by BBFC ratings on games or movies at all, nice to know that you think breaking the Law is a good example for your children and all my children have very good morals, you don't know me and you don't know my family so save your criticisms, i have a 16 year old step daughter who does a hell of a lot of charity work and has decided to not even have Sex till she's married,My 10 year old angel is a playground buddy and digital leaderand my little lucie, 8 years old helps everyone, always with a smile on her face despite being Partially blind, if thats Poor moral behaviour then i am the king of Kashmir:)
#86 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

can you pair count? it's 4 you numpty, my Jasper and new s are fine,lol
#87 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="delta3074"]i had 3 in the first year then i didn;t get my next RROD till last year, that was my Falcon at nearly 4 years but my Jasper is still going strong after 3 years and my S i have had for well over a year and i have had no problems with it, thats why i am telling you you are living in the Past mate, RROD has not been an issue for years so people that bring it up really are clutching at straws,lolStrongBlackVine

it's 4, would you like a calculator? Abacus perhaps?
#88 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -
[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="delta3074"]i had 3 in the first year then i didn;t get my next RROD till last year, that was my Falcon at nearly 4 years but my Jasper is still going strong after 3 years and my S i have had for well over a year and i have had no problems with it, thats why i am telling you you are living in the Past mate, RROD has not been an issue for years so people that bring it up really are clutching at straws,loldelta3074

Oh only 4? I guess it's OK now? The point is not 4, 6, or 10.....Why should it even happen once, let alone twice. It should have been recalled, like proper procedure. Instead, XBL was too much investment for Microsoft not to leech money for online, even if it meant extending warranties.
#89 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

i have a 16 year old step daughter....has decided to not even have Sex till she's marrieddelta3074

You are truly delusional!

#90 Posted by blabbyboy (2614 posts) -
1. Go to store. 2. Buy PS3 and Tomb Raider. 3. Put in and play. 4. Enjoy your free online multi-player :D!
#91 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"] i have a 16 year old step daughter....has decided to not even have Sex till she's marriedStrongBlackVine

you are delusional if you think i am going to be taking any parenting advice from you sunshine, how many children do you have?
#93 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] 6 RRODS??!!?? Some people just don't learn.Sir-I_exCalibur

Oh only 4? I guess it's OK now? The point is not 4, 6, or 10.....Why should it even happen once, let alone twice. It should have been recalled, like proper procedure. Instead, XBL was too much investment for Microsoft not to leech money for online, even if it meant extending warranties.

Dude, they where al replaced for nothing and my Falcon died after i had alredy bought a new S model because i wanted a bigger HDD, the RROD never put me out of pocket and thats all that matters to me.
#94 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"] i have a 16 year old step daughter....has decided to not even have Sex till she's marriedSir-I_exCalibur

Im doing her right now as I type this.

How did you climb out of your cot?
#95 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

[QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"][QUOTE="StrongBlackVine"]

delta3074

Im doing her right now as I type this.

What?

#96 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] Im doing her right now as I type this.StrongBlackVine

What?

He obviously sleeps in a cot.

#97 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"] Im doing her right now as I type this.StrongBlackVine

What?

you know, that thing that parents put there babies in to sleep, we call them cot's they have safety bars so the Baby cannot wander off.
#98 Posted by delta3074 (19951 posts) -

[QUOTE="delta3074"] How did you climb out of your cot?Sir-I_exCalibur

What?

Because clearly i am the one being purile and immature, what next? ' you are doing my mum right now' seriously, Grow up,lol
#99 Posted by speedfog (4960 posts) -

They should do research BEFORE they buy a system. And it looks like they are talking to a bunch of kids. 

#100 Posted by Sir-I_exCalibur (724 posts) -
[QUOTE="delta3074"][QUOTE="Sir-I_exCalibur"]

What?

Because clearly i am the one being purile and immature, what next? ' you are doing my mum right now' seriously, Grow up,lol

Cmon dude, lets keep this clean please, when i said what i said, its an expression, as in "im getting the job done friend", like you might call a car - 'her'. What are you talking about? Cmon.