This is why the Wii U is the best next gen console

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#51 Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@kayjaymaster: I have trouble believing that the Wii U is even a video game console.. all it does is play mario games...... if it get's any game at all. The other games even if they're few... are mediocre... it's not worth the purchase... should probably lower the price to like 100 dollars because mario is all that'll be played... and a good mario game comes out once every 2 years. It's a horrible investment of 350 dollars.

Avatar image for princessgomez92
PrincessGomez92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 201

User Lists: 5

#52 PrincessGomez92
Member since 2013 • 5747 Posts

@Joedgabe said:

@kayjaymaster: I have trouble believing that the Wii U is even a video game console.. all it does is play mario games...... if it get's any game at all. The other games even if they're few... are mediocre... it's not worth the purchase... should probably lower the price to like 100 dollars because mario is all that'll be played... and a good mario game comes out once every 2 years. It's a horrible investment of 350 dollars.

Oh okay, you're just trolling.

Joedgabe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#53  Edited By Joedgabe
Member since 2006 • 5134 Posts

@princessgomez92 said:

@Joedgabe said:

What was the last good game published by Nintendo for consoles ? If i remembered correctly was Mario Galaxy 2... which was Q2 of 2010. That's a pretty damn long time ago....

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#54 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts

@Joedgabe said:

@princessgomez92 said:

@Joedgabe said:

What was the last good game published by Nintendo for consoles ? If i remembered correctly was Mario Galaxy 2... which was Q2 of 2010. That's a pretty damn long time ago....

Under your logic, it's been a while since we got a game of that caliber from any publisher.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#55  Edited By MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@g0ddyX said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I've never understood how people believe if Nintendo had a console on par with PS4 or One, they'd all of a sudden lose their identity, go for the bro crowd, or cease to be Nintendo.

Games are what defines Nintendo. Always has been, always will be.

Most of the Wii fanbase hyped Wii:U.

'bro crowd' is better than 'no crowd'

Nintendo defines games for kids. Keeps them happy and occupied.

Personally I don't see anything wrong with "dude bros". Noting wrong with CoD, AC, or Madden. For some reason Nintendo fans believe that they can condescend to those lowly plebes that enjoy "lesser" gaming experiences.

On the flip side, I also see nothing wrong with the type of games Nintendo makes. People dismiss them as kiddy on their aesthetic alone and this is such a superficial, asinine disregard it's laughable. Nintendo games may appear to be geared towards kids, but then again, so do Pixar films, and they hold and attempt to address and deal with incredibly deep adult themes and issues. In respect to gameplay, Nintendo's games (Zelda handholding aside) are analogous to them. They may look to be made for 8 year olds, but play them and it's apparent that they can appease on just as much of a mature levels as others.

When Nintendo doesn't take us for idiots and truly puts in all they have it's always some of the best gaming has to offer, which is why I'M SO DAMN FRUSTRATED that they insist on playing it so goddamn safe and conservative these days. Today's Nintendo is like the hottest girl in the room who is incapable of strutting her stuff due to lack of confidence.

Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#57  Edited By Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

Nintendo is also the least evil player in the games industry. They don't force proprietary memory cards (Vita). They never considered banning used games via DRM (Xbone). And they don't eliminate backwards compatibility.