This is why the Wii U is the best next gen console

• 55 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by KayJayMaster (63 posts) -

The wii u is the best next generation console because unlike the x1 and ps4 which are just like the last generation consoles just with slightly better graphics, the wii u actually has a new way to play games with its innovative tablet controller which was never seen in a console before. The XS4, like the 360 and PS3, both will have only dude bro games likeCOD, GTA, AC, and all those other generic and forgettable games. The Wii U is home to the best 1st party games in the world. Nintendo games focus on gameplay instead of graphics and are timeless classics.

#2 Posted by Xplode_games (1784 posts) -

troll alert

Avatar image for princessgomez92
#3 Posted by PrincessGomez92 (5228 posts) -

So much truth. I could cry.

#4 Posted by psymon100 (6835 posts) -

Well sir I will say this, I certainly appreciate Nintendo trying something different with their Wii U GamePad.

#5 Posted by leandrro (1644 posts) -

@kayjaymaster said:

The wii u is the best next generation console because unlike the x1 and ps4 which are just like the last generation consoles just with slightly better graphics, the wii u actually has a new way to play games with its innovative tablet controller which was never seen in a console before. The XS4, like the 360 and PS3, both will have only dude bro games likeCOD, GTA, AC, and all those other generic and forgettable games. The Wii U is home to the best 1st party games in the world. Nintendo games focus on gameplay instead of graphics and are timeless classics.

wii u is next gen only if you still live in 2005

#6 Edited by leandrro (1644 posts) -

@kayjaymaster said:

#7 Posted by ermacness (7741 posts) -

Aww, someone's butthurt because their mommy and/or daddy won't buy them a PS4, or X1. Don't worry, there's always tomorrow.

#8 Posted by rjdofu (9171 posts) -

"Nintendo games are timeless classics"

Probably, since they have been constantly shoving mario/zelda/pokemon up sheep ass for the last 25 years.

#10 Edited by KayJayMaster (63 posts) -

@leandrro: Generations arent determined by power

#11 Posted by KayJayMaster (63 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

Probably, since they have been constantly shoving mario/zelda/pokemon up sheep ass for the last 25 years.

Mario, Zelda, and pokemon have been consistently great for 25 years. Most of the games on the other consoles suck after a few sequels.

#12 Posted by hiphops_savior (8444 posts) -

@leandrro said:

@kayjaymaster said:

Too bad there was no such thing as a tablet in 2005, and any touchscreen on cellphones were gimmicky replacement for buttons. Face the truth, the DS4 is far more gimmicky as a controller than the gamepad ever was.

#13 Edited by freedomfreak (50217 posts) -

I agree. ZombiU, for me, classifies as an actual next gen experience.

#14 Posted by Sword-Demon (7007 posts) -

on one hand, I agree. I'm glad Nintendo is doing something different, rather than just doing the same old thing with increased power.

on the other hand, the Wii U controller hasn't been used very effectively thus far. W101 was a step in the right direction, but most games using it as a map or inventory isn't going to cut it.

Plus, innovation isn't what makes a system great, games are. and games are something that all three consoles are severely lacking in at this point.

#15 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

Nintendo only caters to casuals and 30+ year neckbeards who still think they're kids and like rehashes from the 80's.

#16 Edited by KBFloYd (19420 posts) -

@Suppaman100 said:

Nintendo only caters to casuals and 30+ year neckbeards who still think they're kids and like rehashes from the 80's.

yea 100million neckbeards last gen

#17 Posted by StriateEnd (521 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

@Suppaman100 said:

You missed the "casuals" part of his sentence.

Which I disagree with anyway.

#18 Edited by KBFloYd (19420 posts) -

@StriateEnd said:

@KBFloYd said:

@Suppaman100 said:

You missed the "casuals" part of his sentence.

Which I disagree with anyway.

casuals money is just as good as mcdonalds cashier or gamestop clerk money...lol

#19 Edited by Samus3D (1942 posts) -

I look at Xbox One and PS4… I see stronger 360 and PS3's, twins basically.

I look at the Wii U and I see a different controller with new ways to play.

#20 Posted by Big_Pecks (5973 posts) -

@rjdofu said:

Come back in a decade when the same milk is still coming out. CoD, AssCreed, etc. Except they're already dragging themselves through time, so Nintendo wins in this case.

#21 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

@Xplode_games said:

troll alert

And a bad one at that.

#22 Posted by bbkkristian (14971 posts) -

It isn't long until Sony copies the Nintendo Wii U tablet.

#23 Posted by leandrro (1644 posts) -

nintendo is a toy factory, you shouldnt discuss nintendo in a games forum

#24 Posted by MonsieurX (37251 posts) -

@leandrro said:

But consoles ARE toys

#25 Edited by hiphops_savior (8444 posts) -

@leandrro said:

It's also in the love hotel business, so why can't we discuss Nintendo in a love hotel forum?

#26 Edited by KBFloYd (19420 posts) -

@leandrro said:

really are we in a movie theatre forum then? so we can discuss xbox and playstation games..

#27 Posted by Gaming-Planet (19133 posts) -

Nintendo is our only hope for the gaming industry.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#28 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (11373 posts) -

Wiiu.....lol

#29 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (15633 posts) -

I appreciate that Nintendo were trying something new with the gamepad, but I just haven't felt compelled to buy a Wii U. Maybe if the console was a little more powerful and had better 3rd party support, maybe.

#30 Posted by lamprey263 (35030 posts) -

I don't know about PS4 but X1 has Smart Glass which uses tablets or peoples cell phones in game, so yes they're trying to change gaming but it's supplemental, it's not required; choice is better than mandating.

#31 Posted by nini200 (11484 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Wiiu.....lol

Hey man, you have to get your Kaz avatar back. It's hard to spot your signature rehash/etc comments without seeing your avatar.

#32 Posted by super600 (32423 posts) -

Either you are being sarcastic TC in your OP or you actually believe everything you wrote in your OP.

#33 Posted by MetalGearJoel (186 posts) -

Hard to say best, but this new Mario bundle, the Wii U is very solid. Hopefully by Christmas they have specials throwing in the Windwaker code then I'll have almost no choice but to bite.

#34 Posted by L4g1nDr4g0n (25 posts) -

@leandrro: go do your taxes on your ps3 lol

#35 Edited by L4g1nDr4g0n (25 posts) -

@TheGuardian03: did you not see the buttons on the sides of the gamepad? lol unless you found a game that has unavoidable touchscreen parts. And there's a pro controller...

#36 Posted by EZs (1460 posts) -

@kayjaymaster: just because the WiiU is different and unique that doesn't mean it's the best system.

#37 Posted by AtariKidX (7010 posts) -

So much cry........WiiU.....lol

#38 Posted by MirkoS77 (12923 posts) -

I've never understood how people believe if Nintendo had a console on par with PS4 or One, they'd all of a sudden lose their identity, go for the bro crowd, or cease to be Nintendo.

Games are what defines Nintendo. Always has been, always will be.

#39 Posted by g0ddyX (3914 posts) -

@MirkoS77 said:

I've never understood how people believe if Nintendo had a console on par with PS4 or One, they'd all of a sudden lose their identity, go for the bro crowd, or cease to be Nintendo.

Games are what defines Nintendo. Always has been, always will be.

Most of the Wii fanbase hyped Wii:U.

'bro crowd' is better than 'no crowd'

Nintendo defines games for kids. Keeps them happy and occupied.

#40 Edited by Pikminmaniac (11233 posts) -

Well I'll at least agree that Nintendo is by far the best first party developer in this industry. They offer games that nail the three most important aspects of gaming IMHO: gameplay, level design, and challenge. Their developers also tend to remain far more creative than most.

However, not having 3rd party support is a major drawback and that's why I always end up picking up Sony's consoles with y Nintendo consoles.

#41 Posted by daveg1 (20396 posts) -

you silly silly boy..

#42 Posted by Darthmatt (8969 posts) -

Innovation only matter when others follow. The Jury is still out on that with the Wii U. One could argue that Sony is following with the PS4 Vita remote play stuff, but we all know how quick sony is to pick up a trend a and drop it just as fast. Sixaxis, move...etc

#43 Edited by Solaryellow (4061 posts) -

Looking at the topics regarding the Wii U, X1 and PS4 pertaining to which is better, which will sell more, etc.., it is worse than women arguing over their soap operas. Enjoy whatever system you have instead of worrying about nonsense. Every system will have strengths and weaknesses and will do something better and worse than its competition.

#44 Edited by foxhound_fox (97010 posts) -

I wouldn't say it is innovative, but it's certainly a greater attempt at innovation than what either Sony or MS are offering. Other than the games on the U, I'm not really interested in what "next gen" has to offer on consoles.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
#45 Posted by chikenfriedrice (13561 posts) -

I personally do not want to look at a little screen on my controller, I should be paying attention to my 56" TV

#46 Posted by Renegade_Fury (19825 posts) -

Oh yeah, a tablet! That's so amazing and innovative, and I've never seen one before!

I used to think cows were the most delusional fanbase on this board.

#47 Edited by LJS9502_basic (163084 posts) -

@Xplode_games said:

troll alert

Are you announcing your arrival?

#48 Posted by gregbmil (2701 posts) -

I really don't want a new way to play.

#49 Posted by LJS9502_basic (163084 posts) -

@gregbmil said:

I really don't want a new way to play.

Then I guess you aren't a fan of Kinect....

#50 Posted by dino7c (500 posts) -

Wii U is cool, looking forward to the new mario game and my ps4

Zombie U may be the most under rated game of all time...4.5 pfft gamespot