This is why i think Killzone 2 will be good *must see*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 joker730
Member since 2007 • 1561 Posts

is because killzone was a good game that couldve been so much better.

some people say why make a sequel to a game that was not so good well because thats the point of making sequels improving and learning your mistakes from the first one.

ive been looking at alot of reviews for killzone 1 and most of them say it was loaded with bugs and glitches and technological inadequacies."You're reading about a straightforward shooter limited by technology"- IGN

this is not the same guerrilla making killzone 2 its a more revamped and determined team. below is a list of reasons y killzone 2 will be good

1.MONEY- money in killzone1 was a problem they had a low budget and couldnt fix a lot a stuff. that wont be a problem because the budget for killzone 2 is a whopping $21million.

2.TIME-killzone 1 was heavily rushed in order to reach the due date and come out before halo 2. now lets look at killzone 2 its not releasing until year after halo 3 and whenpeople asked guerrilla is the game going to be released feb. 2008 they just smile and say 2008, thats a good awnser. so hopefully kz2 is not rushed.

3.DEVS- one of the most important things to make a game is developers. KZ1 had such apoor number of devs for such a big game kz1 had 30 devs working until sony bought them and said were giving u more man power and now KZ2 has 130+ devs working on the game. and we all know 2 minds are better than one same for 130 are way better than 30.

4.PS3- kz1 was limited by the hardware and tech. but now with the power of ps3 limited becomes unlimited. that one demo level we sawtook upa whopping 2 GB i guess blue ray is needed.

5.LIBERATION- killzone liberation on psp proves they can make good games and getting good reviews likea 9.0 from IGN and 8.3 from GS

6.GAMEPLAY- "we are of course building on our strengths from previous titles, andhard at work to improve on their shortcommings,"-Guerrila games. from what we seen gameplay looks like to be a hitter with things like the hit response system, cover, weather effects and more to come. so far so good from all the previews

well thats it i know its long butplease readbefore posting

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
I read it, but I thought KZ: Liberation was awful. I hated the camera view you played from.
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
Killzone 2 might turn out good, but people should stop hyping it as a Halo killer.
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 joker730

Killzone 2 might turn out good, but people should stop hyping it as a Halo killer.kevy619

i agree but i havent really seen ppl hyping halo killer im hyping kz 2 AA

Mordred19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Mordred19
Member since 2007 • 8259 Posts

Killzone 2 might turn out good, but people should stop hyping it as a Halo killer.kevy619

who said Halo killer? :?

joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 joker730

I read it, but I thought KZ: Liberation was awful. I hated the camera view you played from.BioShockOwnz

thats ok everyone has their own opinion im not say everyone liked it im just saying it got much better reviews than kz1

zaid55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 zaid55
Member since 2005 • 1132 Posts

Looks amazing i hope it gets AAA reviews, whos hpying this a halo killer?
EDIT: i heard somewhere else that the budget was 21million.....
walkerctranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 walkerctranger
Member since 2006 • 1477 Posts
40Million $$$!!!!! THATS INSANE!! it better have like, the best voice acting, music, and graphics ive ever seen on a console with a budget like that...
AskForDetails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AskForDetails
Member since 2007 • 1216 Posts

is because killzone was a good game that couldve been so much better.

some people say why make a sequel to a game that was not so good well because thats the point of making sequels improving and learning your mistakes from the first one.

ive been looking at alot of reviews for killzone 1 and most of them say it was loaded with bugs and glitches and technological inadequacies."You're reading about a straightforward shooter limited by technology"- IGN

this is not the same guerrilla making killzone 2 its a more revamped and determinedteam. below is a list of reasons y killzone 2 will be good

1.MONEY- money in killzone1 was a problem they had a low budgetand couldntfix a lot a stuff. that wont be a problem because the budget for killzone 2 is a whopping$40million, the most ever used in a game.

2.TIME-killzone 1 was heavily rushed in order to reach the due date and come out before halo 2. now lets look at killzone 2 its not releasing until year after halo 3 and whenpeople asked guerrilla is the game going to be released feb. 2008 they just smile and say 2008, thats a good awnser. so hopefully kz2 is not rushed.

3.DEVS- one of the most important things to make a game is developers. KZ1 had such apoor number of devs for such a big game kz1 had 30 devs working until sony bought them and said were giving u more man power and now KZ2 has 130+ devs working on the game. and we all know 2 minds are better than one same for 130 are way better than 30.

4.PS3- kz1 was limited by the hardware and tech. but now with the power of ps3 limited becomes unlimited. that one demo level we sawtook upa whopping 2 GB i guess blue ray is needed.

5.LIBERATION- killzone liberation on psp proves they can make good games and getting good reviews likea 9.0 from IGN and 8.3 from GS

6.GAMEPLAY- "we are of course building on our strengths from previous titles, andhard at work to improve on their shortcommings,"-Guerrila games. from what we seengameplay looks like to be a hitter with things like the hit response system, cover, weather effects and more to come. so far so good from all the previews

well thats it i know its long butplease readbefore posting

joker730

i made a thread on this once.. lol also another thing to add

KZ1 was ment for PC, and the devs were trained for PC, not PS2

AskForDetails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 AskForDetails

[QUOTE="kevy619"]Killzone 2 might turn out good, but people should stop hyping it as a Halo killer.zaid55

21?.. lol no im sure it started at 40, and went up to 60 last i heard... i dunno where u got 21 form

Ultra-Fatality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Ultra-Fatality
Member since 2007 • 923 Posts
Graphics are good, and they are putting alot of effort into the game, who knows this might evenscrape AAA (9.0-9.2) but a high AA is more likely.
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 joker730

[QUOTE="kevy619"]Killzone 2 might turn out good, but people should stop hyping it as a Halo killer.zaid55

actually i think your right it is21 million my mistake

AskForDetails

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 AskForDetails

btw everyone forgot about multiplayer.... weird.. though form what we know i think its going to be big...

Very little information has been given out about Killzone 2's online aspect of the game although there will in fact be one. Only a few words were given out by Sebastian Downie, the QA manager, in a short blog on the official website. "Me and my boys have been mostly busy testing Online this past week and making sure that the rewards and ranking are working as intended as well as checking the collision and geometry for MP02, also known as "Road Block" currently, but I'm sure it'll get a much more exciting name before release. I can't really give you much in the way of details about Multiplayer otherwise, even though I am itching to share it all with you. I guess you'll have to wait a wee while longer though."[

bonethug1213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 bonethug1213
Member since 2005 • 575 Posts
Nice post, i think this game looks awesome. A little skeptical about the AI but they said theyre working on it still. Graphics and animations are top notch though
TREAL_Since

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TREAL_Since
Member since 2005 • 11946 Posts
Great points! I'm really looking foward to KZ2. The style of the game is just soooo bad @$$.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts

Muddy Textures, Overkill of the color grey, Generic gameplay FTL.

turgore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#18 turgore
Member since 2006 • 7859 Posts
An actually good topic. We'll see how it turns out.
joker730

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 joker730

btw everyone forgot about multiplayer.... weird.. though form what we know i think its going to be big...

Very little information has been given out about Killzone 2's online aspect of the game although there will in fact be one. Only a few words were given out by Sebastian Downie, the QA manager, in a short blog on the official website. "Me and my boys have been mostly busy testing Online this past week and making sure that the rewards and ranking are working as intended as well as checking the collision and geometry for MP02, also known as "Road Block" currently, but I'm sure it'll get a much more exciting name before release. I can't really give you much in the way of details about Multiplayer otherwise, even though I am itching to share it all with you. I guess you'll have to wait a wee while longer though."[

AskForDetails

oh yea and guerrilla also said multiplayer will be an "extensive componet" in kz2

NitaraPwnzU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 NitaraPwnzU
Member since 2007 • 1470 Posts
When it flops we can all say that 21 million was poorly spent :D
BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts
Am I seriously like the only person that LIKED the first one?
-ReD45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -ReD45
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts

Have they fixed up the A.I.?

After playing Halo 3 on Legendary solo, I want more games to be that challenging.

proof11102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 proof11102
Member since 2007 • 1080 Posts

Aljosa23

Nice post...now show me bette on xbox360

psfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 psfan
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts
i agree
Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
deactivated-5b1e62582e305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#26 deactivated-5b1e62582e305
Member since 2004 • 30778 Posts
[QUOTE="Aljosa23"]

proof11102

Nice post...now show me bette on xbox360

Lol proved my point.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#28 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts
I think you are right. I am not expecting GotY or anything, but KZ2 will be a solid game.
Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#29 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

Am I seriously like the only person that LIKED the first one?BigDaddyPOLO

There were many parts of it I liked. The location and story were great, the first few levels were actually very good. Though the bad overpowered the good. There was lots of flaws with the graphics, the level design got stale really fast, the A.I. was downright dumb all of the time, the missions got repetitive, the online was a mess, and the game was just rushed.

realistgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#30 realistgamer
Member since 2006 • 835 Posts
nice pointers
Zeliard9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zeliard9
Member since 2007 • 6030 Posts
Killzone 2 will be good, though I do think by the time it comes out, it'll have already been overshadowed by other, better games.
GarchomPro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 GarchomPro
Member since 2007 • 2914 Posts
Killzone 2 Can Easily be AAA, any1 who doesnt agree is blind.
manny280

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 manny280
Member since 2007 • 1990 Posts
everything is great about this game and it looks great but the gameplay looks so generic sort of like too human for 360
horrowhip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 horrowhip
Member since 2005 • 5002 Posts
1.MONEY- money in killzone1 was a problem they had a low budget and couldnt fix a lot a stuff. that wont be a problem because the budget for killzone 2 is a whopping $21million.

joker730

Hmmm.... This is all true but I just wanna say that people bashing Crysis need to shut up because all 3 of those things were true about Far Cry (Crytek's first game) and yet they still managed to get a AAA....

Believe me, with a $30 milllion budget, 100 person team, and an unlimited development cycle, Crysis has a HUGE advantage over what Far Cry did. Far Cry had a $500,000 budget, 20 person development crew and a short development cycle to get the game out before HL2, imagine what the exact same team can do with80 more people, $29 million more, and three years to develop.... Just had to get that off my chest.

realistgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#36 realistgamer
Member since 2006 • 835 Posts

everything is great about this game and it looks great but the gameplay looks so generic sort of like too human for 360manny280

i disagree the gameplay does not look generic

anamnawshad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 anamnawshad
Member since 2003 • 5067 Posts
I'm sure KZ-2 will be AA for sure. It might even get AAA....
karram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 karram
Member since 2006 • 1682 Posts
Killzone 2 might be a good game right now i think it will be AA not going to score higher than halo 3 and that will prove that GP>GRAPHICS.KZ1 sucks and KZL was awful IMO that's why I hate guerilla.
Always-Honest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Always-Honest
Member since 2007 • 11261 Posts

how can it kil Halo anyway?.. :

1 Halo3 is allready out and a HUGE succes

2 it's on another system.... so... that wouldn't work...