This is why Avatar > Mii

• 70 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Cuby_Finest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Cuby_Finest
Member since 2005 • 1129 Posts

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/291502.html

This only the begenning with next year avatar store providing new animation n stuff i can see a great community coming out of it

Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts

Yup that's only a start and only showcased a few movements for the Avatars.  You could make your Avatars bump, make their eyes go round and round when you make their heads go round and round, you could press LB  for random expressions, and I was watch Inside Xbox Major's Minute for Avatars and he made his Avatars arm go straight out.  This is just the beginning of a revolution.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
until someone shows me how to make Colonel Sanders the avatar...Miis win Why because i can make a Colonel Sanders Mii... and Colonel Sanders>animations
yoshi_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 yoshi_64
Member since 2003 • 25261 Posts

not bad. But really... Avatar and Miis are nothing special. I do have to admit I prefer miis though. They're more customizable on the face, so you can get it to look like you easier, or in fact just go and make some nifty Darth Vader, Luigi, Peach, and other famous icon look-alikes.

But really I'm not too into either of them, yet I prefer Miis. They actually fit in the Wii's style the Avatars just look... out of place to me.

Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts
Are you series?
CurfewVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CurfewVII
Member since 2008 • 802 Posts
Thats cool I guess.
SMR-Venom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 SMR-Venom
Member since 2007 • 6500 Posts
Why is this even an arguement :|
desyple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#8 desyple
Member since 2008 • 1725 Posts
lol now lemmings want a community after bashing sony and home for pursuing the same thing im not singling you out but this seems to be a recuring trend for each side bash what you dont have on the other side and then praise it when it comes to you. examples such as trophies/achievements, installs, and now trying to make a community for hte avatars as a gathering grounds.
Shafftehr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Shafftehr
Member since 2008 • 2889 Posts
After months - years - of them calling Mii's a gimmick, saying Home was crap, etc, Lemmings expressing any excitement over this stupid, gimmicky feature appearing on XBOX (yes, they were right - it is a gimmick) is pure hypocrisy.
Stoner-Pimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Stoner-Pimp
Member since 2008 • 979 Posts
Mii's > avatars, with a Mii i can make spiderman, darth vader and ME (the greatest EVER), with an avatar i can make a very camp looking thing that no matter what you do still looks camp. Mii's > avatars due to campness (yeah you read that right!).
skullgangs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 skullgangs
Member since 2008 • 429 Posts
Haha 360 swagger jacked wii.
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 IIJuggaNottII
Member since 2008 • 1907 Posts
That was tight as heck. Man...Now somebody has to do a Hip Hop one. That was fly.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#13 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
How do you make the avatars do anything besides move their heads?
IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 IIJuggaNottII

How do you make the avatars do anything besides move their heads?SpruceCaboose

When your creating them, I think you press the Left Bump. He has glasses on em' because he will make his eyes go crazy too. It was still tight.

Rev3nger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Rev3nger
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
The bad thing about Avatars is that you can make only one for each account. Hopefully they will change that, and add more customization options.
Avatar image for ReverseCycology
ReverseCycology

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ReverseCycology
Member since 2006 • 9717 Posts
How do you make the avatars do anything besides move their heads?SpruceCaboose
You can click the Right Stick to burp, click the Left Bumper to make random expressions, and LT and RT to turn your Avatar around, and also if you turn the Right Stick around fast your Avatars eyes will go in circles. You can do all these expression on the customization section where you see the Change My Features, Change My Clothes, etc section.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#17 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
[QUOTE="SpruceCaboose"]How do you make the avatars do anything besides move their heads?ReverseCycology
You can click the Right Stick to burp, click the Left Bumper to make random expressions, and LT and RT to turn your Avatar around, and also if you turn the Right Stick around fast your Avatars eyes will go in circles. You can do all these expression on the customization section where you see the Change My Features, Change My Clothes, etc section.

Play time when I get home!
Steppy_76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Steppy_76
Member since 2005 • 2857 Posts
lol now lemmings want a community after bashing sony and home for pursuing the same thing im not singling you out but this seems to be a recuring trend for each side bash what you dont have on the other side and then praise it when it comes to you. examples such as trophies/achievements, installs, and now trying to make a community for hte avatars as a gathering grounds. desyple
No, avatars takes a decent idea from home and removes all the fluff and convoultuion. The thing that makes home stupid is the virtual interface for doing everything. The interface using avatars is pretty much the same as it was before them....you're not walking from your virtual apartment to a virtual arcade and walking up to a virtual GeOW2 machine to get in an online game of GeOW2.
Cuby_Finest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Cuby_Finest

i am pretty sure soon they will add extra custom feature for face and hopefully there stance too

789shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 789shadow
Member since 2006 • 20195 Posts

No shameless copy beats the original article.Miis win.

IIJuggaNottII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 IIJuggaNottII

i am pretty sure soon they will add extra custom feature for face and hopefully there stance too

Cuby_Finest

When I got the DL, I instantly though to myself....they had to cut it a bit short knowing how many users would be downloading it. I think they will be adding alot to it.

Cuby_Finest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Cuby_Finest

lol now lemmings want a community after bashing sony and home for pursuing the same thing im not singling you out but this seems to be a recuring trend for each side bash what you dont have on the other side and then praise it when it comes to you. examples such as trophies/achievements, installs, and now trying to make a community for hte avatars as a gathering grounds. desyple

I got all systems and i still like avatar better then home and mii the only thing mii does better is it has more custome face feature

Its only a matter of time before MS adds more custom features for creating avatars....

you make Marcus fenix character with COG outfit and some animation to top it off

now thats why avatar > Mii and will be even more in the coming future

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

Its only a matter of time before MS adds more custom features for creating avatars....

Cuby_Finest

Yes, in exchange for cash. How anybody could consider that a great idea is beyond me.

Cuby_Finest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Cuby_Finest
[QUOTE="nethernova"][QUOTE="Cuby_Finest"]

Yes, in exchange for cash. How anybody could consider that a great idea is beyond me.

some are free, unlocked via game achievments....i rather buy a cog outfit than a gamer pix
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

So is that 360's new media player and was the mii automatically lip syncing the song or was he making the mouth move? If its the former, I must say thats actually pretty cool.

Cuby_Finest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Cuby_Finest

So is that 360's new media player and was the mii automatically lip syncing the song or was he making the mouth move? If its the former, I must say thats actually pretty cool.

TheGrat1
he was making the mouth move by using the burb animation he just canceled the burp sound out
xsubtownerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#27 xsubtownerx
Member since 2007 • 10705 Posts
lol now lemmings want a community after bashing sony and home for pursuing the same thing desyple
1 person =/= group of people
DeadMan1290

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#28 DeadMan1290
Member since 2005 • 15752 Posts
Why is this even an arguement :|SMR-Venom
Because both sides don't have good games coming out between today and tomorrow that one of them had to find the worst subject to start an argument.
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i don't think so. when nintendo released miis people mad fun of them. but now that avatars are out people think it is great.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
There is no Fing purpose to an avatar. It's so pointless and stupid. At least you can use your Mii in Wii Sports
farnham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 farnham
Member since 2003 • 21147 Posts

this is why mii > avatar

Mario Kart Wii

We Ski

Wii Sports

Wii Fit

Wii Music

Wii Play

Samba de Amigo

Mario Galaxy

Wario Ware Smooth Moves

Metroid Prime 3 Corruption

utilize them 

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#32 princeofshapeir
Member since 2006 • 16652 Posts
I have made a John McCain, Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, Ralph Nader, Solid Snake (don't ask how I pulled that off), George W. Bush, and Captain Falcon Mii. Can you make such ridiculous creations on the 360? I THINK NOT.
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts

this is why mii > avatar

Mario Kart Wii

We Ski

Wii Sports

Wii Fit

Wii Music

Wii Play

Samba de Amigo

Mario Galaxy

Wario Ware Smooth Moves

utilize them 

farnham

Exactly. Mii's can actually be used.
princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 princeofshapeir

this is why mii > avatar

Mario Kart Wii

We Ski

Wii Sports

Wii Fit

Wii Music

Wii Play

Samba de Amigo

Mario Galaxy

Wario Ware Smooth Moves

utilize them 

farnham
Wow, you listed a bunch of games instead of stick to the topic. Nice job. And if you think having your Mii as an icon for your saved game file in SMG counts as your Mii being in there, I lol.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 InsaneBasura
Member since 2005 • 12591 Posts
I fail to understand why people care about this stuff. And you know they're gonna release outfit packs and all that crap. Which they will charge you for. And for what? Watching your assy looking character standing around on the dashboard looking like a douchey plastic doll? And the blatant "cuteness" they've pooped all over it makes me wanna vomit.
toadster101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 toadster101
Member since 2006 • 12622 Posts
[QUOTE="farnham"]

this is why mii > avatar

Mario Kart Wii

We Ski

Wii Sports

Wii Fit

Wii Music

Wii Play

Samba de Amigo

Mario Galaxy

Wario Ware Smooth Moves

utilize them 

princeofshapeir

Wow, you listed a bunch of games instead of stick to the topic. Nice job. And if you think having your name as an icon for your saved game file in SMG counts as your Mii being in there, I lol.

What do you mean, "instead of stick to the topic"? Mii's can be used in all of those games, plus a lot more. A LOT more.

princeofshapeir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 princeofshapeir
[QUOTE="princeofshapeir"][QUOTE="farnham"]

this is why mii > avatar

Mario Kart Wii

We Ski

Wii Sports

Wii Fit

Wii Music

Wii Play

Samba de Amigo

Mario Galaxy

Wario Ware Smooth Moves

utilize them 

toadster101

Wow, you listed a bunch of games instead of stick to the topic. Nice job. And if you think having your name as an icon for your saved game file in SMG counts as your Mii being in there, I lol.

What do you mean, "instead of stick to the topic"? Mii's can be used in all of those games, plus a lot more. A LOT more.

I do not see how your Mii can be used in Super Mario Galaxy or Metroid Prime 3 other than the big icon for your save game files. Yes, it can be used in the Wii games and Mario Kart, but they are used to little or no effect in SMG.
SneakySnake151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SneakySnake151
Member since 2008 • 191 Posts

789shadow
the miis have no proper body proportions, no actually pieces of clothing, no hands, and no feet, and no controllable realistic expressions. They just have spheres for hands, only black pants, only a long-sleeve shirt whith changable colours. All the females wear dresses, and the males only wear pants (sexist?) The avatars even have accesory stuff like earings, watches, and gloves...ands thats only the beginning. So really...the avatars are copies but they did a 10 times better job with them than nintendo did with miis. sorry to say but they are not shameless, they are better
killab2oo5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 killab2oo5
Member since 2005 • 13621 Posts
Is this extra stuff gonna be free? >.> No...I didn't watch the video.
SneakySnake151

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SneakySnake151
Member since 2008 • 191 Posts
I fail to understand why people care about this stuff. And you know they're gonna release outfit packs and all that crap. Which they will charge you for. And for what? Watching your assy looking character standing around on the dashboard looking like a douchey plastic doll? And the blatant "cuteness" they've pooped all over it makes me wanna vomit.InsaneBasura
do you live in a cave? they aren't charging money for the clothes, they're free, and new ones are released every 2 weeks
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#41 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
You cows know that the avatars can be used in games too right?
-DrRobotnik-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 -DrRobotnik-
Member since 2008 • 5463 Posts
There is no Fing purpose to an avatar. It's so pointless and stupid. At least you can use your Mii in Wii SportsCouth_
There are games you can use avatars in too. And theyre not pointless. They are basically a way to represent yourself to the XBL community (an online community, something the Wii lacks) so if anything Miis are useless.
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 InsaneBasura
[QUOTE="InsaneBasura"]I fail to understand why people care about this stuff. And you know they're gonna release outfit packs and all that crap. Which they will charge you for. And for what? Watching your assy looking character standing around on the dashboard looking like a douchey plastic doll? And the blatant "cuteness" they've pooped all over it makes me wanna vomit.SneakySnake151
do you live in a cave? they aren't charging money for the clothes, they're free, and new ones are released every 2 weeks

No I live in an apartment. And they will be charging you for clothes.
Silosorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Silosorz
Member since 2007 • 214 Posts
both of them are equally pointless
Mario2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 Mario2007
Member since 2005 • 2520 Posts
[QUOTE="Couth_"]There is no Fing purpose to an avatar. It's so pointless and stupid. At least you can use your Mii in Wii Sports-DrRobotnik-
There are games you can use avatars in too. And theyre not pointless. They are basically a way to represent yourself to the XBL community (an online community, something the Wii lacks) so if anything Miis are useless.

Just wait till the cows come back going, "Buh... But I can play Mario Kart with my mii!" They're desperate.
XxLoStxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 XxLoStxX
Member since 2005 • 576 Posts
Clever. :]
InsaneBasura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 InsaneBasura
You cows know that the avatars can be used in games too right? Mario2007
Have fun playing Scene It and similarly exciting titles then. Until they do something with avatars that I find interesting I will continue thinking they're stupid. Maybe it will eventually shape into something more substantial, but currently it's a crap looking character standing around on my dashboard for no reason other than to be annoying and appealing to non-gamers with its blatant commercialism.
Couth_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Couth_
Member since 2008 • 10369 Posts
[QUOTE="Couth_"]There is no Fing purpose to an avatar. It's so pointless and stupid. At least you can use your Mii in Wii Sports-DrRobotnik-

What games? And why would you want to
TheGrat1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 TheGrat1
Member since 2008 • 4330 Posts

[QUOTE="-DrRobotnik-"][QUOTE="Couth_"]There is no Fing purpose to an avatar. It's so pointless and stupid. At least you can use your Mii in Wii SportsMario2007

Just wait till the cows come back going, "Buh... But I can play Mario Kart with my mii!" They're desperate.

And cows would make this argument because.........?

dylanmcc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#50 dylanmcc
Member since 2008 • 2512 Posts
After months - years - of them calling Mii's a gimmick, saying Home was crap, etc, Lemmings expressing any excitement over this stupid, gimmicky feature appearing on XBOX (yes, they were right - it is a gimmick) is pure hypocrisy.Shafftehr
This [QUOTE="Stoner-Pimp"]Mii's > avatars, with a Mii i can make spiderman, darth vader and ME (the greatest EVER), with an avatar i can make a very camp looking thing that no matter what you do still looks camp. Mii's > avatars due to campness (yeah you read that right!).

This

789shadow
& This