Think PC is not a gen ahead? Download this video and then we'll talk..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by mrfrosty151986 (533 posts) -

http://www.shacknews.com/file/33568/crysis-3-fields-gameplay-trailer

:shock:

#2 Posted by clyde46 (49053 posts) -
Still has the console limitations.
#3 Posted by TheEpicGoat (2006 posts) -

Why would I download that video when it has been on YT for weeks now?

#4 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (24013 posts) -

FSX is more advanced than any game this gen except for graphics.

#5 Posted by locopatho (23557 posts) -
How is it a gen ahead of consoles when it's coming to consoles? I mean graphically, sure, we all know PC is ahead, but the gameplay is gonna be the same.
#6 Posted by mrfrosty151986 (533 posts) -

TheEpicGoat
Direct Feed 1080p
#7 Posted by GhoX (6267 posts) -
[QUOTE="locopatho"]How is it a gen ahead of consoles when it's coming to consoles? I mean graphically, sure, we all know PC is ahead, but the gameplay is gonna be the same.

Gameplay doesn't have to be ahead for games to be "next-gen". The overall gameplay quality of the current gen is the best proof of that.
#8 Posted by GarGx1 (10243 posts) -

How is it a gen ahead of consoles when it's coming to consoles? I mean graphically, sure, we all know PC is ahead, but the gameplay is gonna be the same.locopatho

Unfortunately you're wrong!

Field of view, resolution and frames per second all have a massive impact on the playability of any game. It's not just pretty lighting and nice water effects that PC is better at. The console version will be cut back (dumbed down if you want but I don't always agree with that term) from the version on the PC. It's the same story with any multi-plat game where the developer puts a bit of effort into the PC version.

#9 Posted by flashn00b (3554 posts) -

The only way we'll really see that the PC is a generation ahead is if Valve, along with other PC-loving game developers were to make a joint effort to bribe Platinum Games to make a PC exclusive title.

#10 Posted by GamerwillzPS (8531 posts) -

Crysis 3 is consolised.

#11 Posted by Timstuff (26840 posts) -

TheEpicGoat
Because the picture quality on Youtube is no-where near as good as a direct download, and YT has a 30 FPS framerate cap (I don't know what framerate this video is though since I'm still downloading it).
Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#12 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Meh, it can look as pretty as it wants but the gameplay is still dull as dishwater

#13 Posted by moistsandwich (25 posts) -

By definition

New Super Mario Bros. U Image

this is next gen... or rather "current gen" (ya know, because the next gen (current gen) started Nov. 18)

#15 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

using a game that is being designed to run on consoles lol

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#16 Posted by princeofshapeir (16643 posts) -

By definition

New Super Mario Bros. U Image

this is next gen... or rather "current gen" (ya know, because the next gen (current gen) started Nov. 18)

moistsandwich
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IlzcpKD75c0
#17 Posted by TecmoGirl (3965 posts) -

Meh, it can look as pretty as it wants but the gameplay is still dull as dishwater

seanmcloughlin

Hard to argue with that.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#18 Posted by princeofshapeir (16643 posts) -
I must be the only person in the world who thought BF3 really solidified the "PC is a gen ahead" argument
#19 Posted by slimjimbadboy (1731 posts) -

I must be the only person in the world who thought BF3 really solidified the "PC is a gen ahead" argumentprinceofshapeir

PC is a gen ahead. It would require a new generation of consoles to play a game like BF3 at High+ settings of PCs currently available. There is no possible way to legitimately argue this logic.