jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

Too Long; Didn't Read Edition Summary for Those That Don't Want to Read all of This: These consoles are garbage, the PS4 has one good exclusive game in 2 years, the Xbox one has another Halo in 2 years, and the WiiU is on its deathbed going while finishing up its 3rd year. They are so wildly inferior to the PC, that it stopped actually being funny.

Disclaimer: If you are a reasonable human being who just bought a machine or machines to play games, that fit your budget, convenience, and friends. You're A-okay in my book. My knock is for those wanting to pretend any one of these consoles has been better than the other and worthy of praise at this point. Because speaking from a PC gamer standpoint, these consoles suck.

Consider the rest of the OP a preemptive counter.

I could maybe, somewhat, humor the idea of coming within the vicinity of understanding why someone is a corporate cheerleader for these consoles, if they were getting some quality stuff. But we're 2 years in to the Xbox One and PS4, and 3 years into the WiiU (on its deathbed no less), and this is what you all bicker, bitch, and berate each other over?

2 years in, and the PS4's only exclusive that has been worth a **** has been Bloodborne. Legitimately well made both mechanically and overall gameplay. The rest of that library?

Until Dawn- let me get this straight, you plebs bad mouthed the Wii for selling to casuals and non gamers, and now it's totally cool when you get games that have barely anything resembling gameplay, much less gameplay that challenges the idea the person playing it has anything working in that frontal lobe? "But the story"...is like a shittier version of scream. You didn't get Wes Craven, you got that douche who made Scary Movie.

And then you have another Killzone where the mp has only gone backwards since Killzone 2, a racing game that isn't very good, another Infamous game with bad mission design and half the length of a previous infamous game. and you would think as much as I love Jagged Alliance, Valkyria Chronicles, Tactics Ogre, and FF Tactics, that Disgeae 5 would make things easier on me, but I don't like sewer water, so I naturally don't care for Disgeae games.

You people: But champ what about PSN games

What about PSN Games? I could have been playing them on my PS3, these consoles must validate their existence with something new, not shit I could get on machines that already existed. But sure Hell Divers, Resogun, and Velocity 2x are pretty damn good. Not exactly exclusive sunshine.

The Xbox in 2 years

Where is my new? Sunset Overdrive, okay mechanically it's pretty refreshing. The actual overall gameplay in a generation where every other game is an open world game, and every open world game is more or less a celebration of which check list you can get finished off before it gives you another checklist: Oh right it's exactly like those games and their round of dull missions. But at least the humor is there right, like the part where it's like rules of 3 in video games suck, so go hit 3 of these pipes to complete the mission. Because comedy.

Ryse? Lets take batman/asscreed's combat style of attack and counter kill and make it easier than it already is?

Killer Instinct: Cool fighting game teaching tool, mediocre fighting game lacking the proper depth to compete with the better stuff in the genre.

Otherwise the bread winners have been another fucking Halo, and another fucking Forza, 3 freakin times, with another one on the Horizon in 2016.

The XBLA stuff? Ori is fantastic, also exists on my PC.

Nintendo in 3 years

I bad mouthed the other systems franchises for being more of shit that already existed. So lets skip this step. Besides this system is being replaced.

"But 2016"

Yeah 2016 actually looks like it has cool stuff, but you've bickered over who is the coolest kid on the short bus since these things launched. And they suck, what did you forget console gens that didn't suck ass? Your "dedicated gaming machines" that sell to a market that developers "value" more than the PC, run games at half the ideal framerate for most gaming genres, while barely reaching resolutions for TVs that became the standard last generation, and aren't built to handle resolutions for TVs that are becoming the standard during this generation.

And for all the production value, between 3 systems, you might get 10 games that have good gameplay. 10, when these consoles have been on the market for 2 years.

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#2 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

Even the PC hasn't been worthy of note; all this just reflective of the generation we're in. Maybe I'm getting old and the hobby of playing games just isn't there for me among my work and family or maybe this generation just sucks ass. Combination of the two, I say.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

They're garbage, yes. But one garbage *ps4* is better than the other two garbage.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 jg4xchamp

@Stevo_the_gamer: This generation sucks ass through a garden hose, no doubt, but even in a poverty ass gen like this, the PC being mediocre (and really mediocre is being nice, the PC currently is I don't know a 4 out of 10 maybe) still comes off as a titan compared to what these consoles have been.

intotheminx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 intotheminx
Member since 2014 • 2608 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: It's a combination. Though, there have been great games released this year. Look no further than Ori and The Blind Forest, Pillars of Eternity, and Rocket League. There are tons of games I haven't tried yet that I'm enjoying. Such as They Bleed Pixels.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

It's really stupid to cheerlead either console I agree. That doesn't mean they're a bad idea if you want to spend a few hundred quid on a games machine and play all the multiplats and the odd exclusive. PC is exactly the same but with superior multiplats and even that is dependent on what 'rig' you have.

Bigging up consoles (or any gaming hardware if we're honest) is completely stupid, but so is writing any of them off as garbage if they play the same games you're playing and people are happy with that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#7 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I'd say they were slow to get going. PS4's 2016 looks amazing. Xbox One looks to have a good lineup too.

And Wii U is being replaced by a Nintendo console that hopefully doesn't suck for a change.

ShadowDeathX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By ShadowDeathX
Member since 2006 • 11698 Posts

Well if your primary platform is PC then yeah, these consoles are garbage and not really worth the cost....yet. The Wii U is the best console for a PC gamer but even then, it is weak compared to what the Wii was.

The only people that will mostly disagree with you are..... people who game on consoles only.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: PC great games, no attention.

Avatar image for chikenfriedrice
chikenfriedrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chikenfriedrice
Member since 2006 • 13561 Posts

I like em so whatevs

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

That would explain why i haven't felt the need to invest in one yet

Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#12 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

@uninspiredcup said:

Ah yes, the "look at me supporting another indie project for yet another 2D experience" mantra. Never fails.

Mr_Huggles_dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mr_Huggles_dog
Member since 2014 • 7805 Posts

I'm having fun this gen.

In fact...I'm having fun as if I was a kid again.

Maybe it's all the horse tranquilizers.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Ah yes, the "look at me supporting another indie project for yet another 2D experience" mantra. Never fails.

Sc and UT are leagues ahead of much console garbage but 1//1000th the articles.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#15  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58950 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer said:
@uninspiredcup said:

But this was hip attempt.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

What an original topic...

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

@silversix_ said:

They're garbage, yes. But one garbage *ps4* is better than the other two garbage.

And yet both have better lineups since launch. Remember GS gave Forza 5 a 9 score.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 9

#18  Edited By deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

You lost me when you started talking shit about Until Dawn. That game is fun as hell.

PS: Don't give a flying **** if it's for casuals.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#19 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

By itself and compared to its competition, Wii U is honestly pretty good so far, droughts aside. In the end it'll be a good, unique console that's still plug and play. Ps4 is slow to get going, but in the end will probably get plenty of great games.

Not too long ago I was on the "this gen sucks" train, but it's coming along... slowly

Blabadon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20 Blabadon
Member since 2008 • 33030 Posts

Vita.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

My roommate has the PS4 and i own the Xbox One. I recently moved in with different roomates, so i don't have access to it anymore. But while I did have access, I'll agree it was a pretty crap console. All the "great" games that came out for it, didn't appeal to me. I have no interest in the soul series (bloodborne) i never got to try until dawn. Infamous was ok. And the rest got poor reviews or i didnt like the genre. My Xbox one however has given me enjoyment from Sunset Overdrive, Halo: MCC, Halo 5, Rare Replay, Forza Horizon 2, and Ori. It was slow at first yeah, but it's really picked up this past year. Next year looks great for everyone.

k--m--k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#22 k--m--k
Member since 2007 • 2799 Posts

I don't know, I am happy with my consoles so far

JangoWuzHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By JangoWuzHere
Member since 2007 • 19032 Posts

@jg4xchamp said:

@Stevo_the_gamer: This generation sucks ass through a garden hose, no doubt, but even in a poverty ass gen like this, the PC being mediocre (and really mediocre is being nice, the PC currently is I don't know a 4 out of 10 maybe) still comes off as a titan compared to what these consoles have been.

Mediocre?

Gaming is at the best it has ever been. AAA gaming has been slow these past years, but video games in general are still great.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

So we're basically just arguing what crab is closer to the top of the bucket here? It has been a disappointment on all fronts, PC included.

Thunderdrone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Thunderdrone
Member since 2009 • 7154 Posts

@hernandezzzz said:

You lost me when you started talking shit about Until Dawn. That game is fun as hell.

Is it worth its current price tag or should I wait?

Serious question. I'm kinda, maybe in the mood for something like that >_>

Skelly34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Skelly34
Member since 2015 • 2353 Posts
@Stevo_the_gamer said:

Even the PC hasn't been worthy of note; all this just reflective of the generation we're in. Maybe I'm getting old and the hobby of playing games just isn't there for me among my work and family or maybe this generation just sucks ass. Combination of the two, I say.

Consoles need their exclusives more than PC does.

PC (in a platform vs platform scenario) is simply better, and in a gen dominated by multiplats with little to no decent exclusives... PC wins 10 times over for simply being PC. There's simply no reason to own a current gen console if you already own a PC. That's what I tell myself anyway.

PS4 and X1 need to step their shit up, I have $400 to blow but I don't want to literally buy a dust collector.

gmak2442

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27  Edited By gmak2442
Member since 2015 • 1089 Posts

At least PS4 appear to have a mimimum quality requirment that beat PC craps. And the exclusive on PS4 are very intereseting.

Avatar image for deactivated-58ce94803a170
deactivated-58ce94803a170

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28  Edited By deactivated-58ce94803a170
Member since 2015 • 8822 Posts

My Wii U and 3DS have been amazing for me, but im addicted to Nintendo games and enjoy playing almost every single one of them. With 3DS, Wii U, and PC, im oversaturated with games. On Wii U alone i have too many games to play, i havnt played even half my Wii U library and i have a total of 22 games on it. Wii U has addicting games that never end also, like Splatoon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, Super Mario Maker, ive still havnt been able to play these games a much cause im still trying to beat the one and done ones.

Wii U does have super weak third party though, and i understand that people are upset, but thats really third partys fault for releasing such weak games at Wii Us launch, causing it to sell like shat, and then abandoning it due to weak sales. Like duh, yall caused it. And Nintendo was no better, they put faith in third party and allowed them a full year to sale. Dumbest thing Nintendo could have ever done, but fans just wanted that awesome bullshat third party soooo freakin bad.

You wont hear me crying much though, im busy having fun under the sun, i have way too many games to play to worry about what could have been. I love my Wii U, but i dont like that others dont, thats why i want NX, and i want it to be powerful so they can stop whining and get the games of their dreams.

But yes, this gen is very weak i guess. Its always something.

-God-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 -God-
Member since 2004 • 3627 Posts

@gmak2442 said:

At least PS4 appear to have a mimimum quality requirment that beat PC craps.

lol what? PC is dominating PS4 at MC/GS and almost every multiplat is far better on PC.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

You seem to think that people buy consoles for their exclusives...

And you are far, far away from the truth. Multiplats and ease of use is the driving force, not the exclusives.

The only people for whom the exclusives matter are here hyping and flopping titles.

The average gamer plays Fifa, Madden, Cod and whatever yearly franchise...

Look at the monthly software sales and you will see exactly what i mean.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 jg4xchamp
@Thunderdrone said:

So we're basically just arguing what crab is closer to the top of the bucket here?

Yes, that's what you're all arguing.

@sovkhan said:

You seem to think that people buy consoles for their exclusives...

Never implied sales sunshine, was speaking to the cheerleaders

@JangoWuzHere said:

Mediocre?

Gaming is at the best it has ever been.

At its best in what way?

As in the average quality of games is up because they have the benefit of hindsight? Okay
As in we have access to more games than any other time in gaming history? Sure
As in we get to back to classic games because of the benefit of hindsight to weed out the garbage while still getting new things? Okay.

But if we're talking creatively speaking this gen is easily the weakest. I'm not super fond of the games on the PS1 or n64, but that generation was leaps and bounds ahead of this gen in terms of how many leaps gaming took during that generation. Gen 4 and 6 still had a lot more creative and evolutionary shit, while having bonafide classics that more than hold up to this day.

drinkerofjuice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#32  Edited By drinkerofjuice
Member since 2007 • 4567 Posts

Not really going to get any argument out of me. Despite a handful of great games thus far, this generation has been oddly fueled by shitty business practices and creative ineptivity. There's a clear lack of mid-tier developers who mixed solid production values with interesting ideas. The majority of titles nowadays are either indie games or large scale AAA productions. Remasters out of the ass on games that have been out for less than five years.

People who say gaming is the best its ever been is off their fucking rocker.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33  Edited By HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13664 Posts

The console gamers can try to move the goal posts all they want to make the games count.

This gen has been dry, dull and disappointing (Arkham Knight in particular for me). From hardware to software. Lousy generational leap having, multiplat playing lumps of shit.

Well said TC. Thread of the year:

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#34  Edited By BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

Yes, the consoles do suck in terms of performance and the lack of quality exclusives makes them redundant. Everybody should be gaming on PC and save the console money for more games.

lglz1337

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 lglz1337
Member since 2013 • 4959 Posts

i think there is alot of garbage in your mouth OP ?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b0367b217732
deactivated-5b0367b217732

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#36 deactivated-5b0367b217732
Member since 2014 • 1697 Posts

@Thunderdrone said:
@hernandezzzz said:

Is it worth its current price tag or should I wait?

Serious question. I'm kinda, maybe in the mood for something like that >_>

Honestly, I'd wait. Yes, the game is good, but it's also really short.

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

@jg4xchamp

:" But if we're talking creatively speaking this gen is easily the weakest. I'm not super fond of the games on the PS1 or n64, but that generation was leaps and bounds ahead of this gen in terms of how many leaps gaming took during that generation. Gen 4 and 6 still had a lot more creative and evolutionary shit, while having bonafide classics that more than hold up to this day. "

Sure, but take in consideration that things has changed, making games is expensive, so going casual is one way to recover back the money, DLCs and all the crap being the other.

Making games takes times, gone the good old days where one coder was enough, do you remember Nasir?

Innovation is risky and the average gamer is conservative how are you going to fix this?

Indies are part of the solution and gamers are the other part with the choices they make.

So rather than saying consoles are garbage, i will say gamers choices are garbage, and we are gamers too.

FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts

My Xbox One is the gold standard for awesomeness. I just got done yelling "Have some of that!!!" At the TV while playing Halo 5. 27 kills in Warzone and a great feeling of satisfaction.

My PC just sits there in the dark begging for porn.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@primorandomguy:

I can agree with that. As a PS4 and Xbone owner I've enjoyed the Xbone exclusives a lot more. LB3 has been the only exclusive I've enjoyed on the PS4, Bloodbourne was too difficult for me. The rest were pretty forgettable experiences. Forza 5 and Horizon 2 are fun, Sunset Overdrive is a lot of fun and Titanfall (I know it's on PC, not on PS4) Is by far my favourite fps in years.

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@jg4xchamp:

Why skip the WiiU? What about Splatoon? Is that not super creative and original?

LJS9502_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 LJS9502_basic
Member since 2003 • 178844 Posts

Haven't seen anything exciting on the PC.............

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

#42  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Stevo_the_gamer: I think third party games have been good

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

nope, consoles have been better than they've ever been.

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jg4xchamp

@wiiboxstation said:

@jg4xchamp:

Why skip the WiiU? What about Splatoon? Is that not super creative and original?

Splatoon is rad.

Seabas989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#45  Edited By Seabas989
Member since 2009 • 13565 Posts

This gen really does suck overall.

This year Rocket League and Splatoon were a lot of fun but responsibilities have limited my video game time by a lot.

vvulturas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 vvulturas
Member since 2015 • 1249 Posts

Don't we have this same argument at least three times a week? Yes, these consoles are weak, and this generation has been terrible as of this year. Get over it.

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@wiiboxstation: Oh yeah Titanfall. That was really fun. Rise of the tomb raider next month. :)

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#48 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

If you already own PC, there is no need to get Consoles so far. Best games on Consoles are multiplats.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#49  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

I haven't had a problem finding fun games to play one after another.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@chikenfriedrice said:

I like em so whatevs

Yep. Me too.