Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@briguyb13 said:

There's no reason to buy a PS5 at launch.

Eh, the reason is small but it's still a little bit bigger than XSX.

Least PS5 will have Destruction Allstars, Demon's Souls remake and Godfall. I don't think there is a single game coming to XSX that you can't play on Xbox One or PC.

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#52 Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2310 Posts

Xbox is literally the same thing as before. Love it or hate it. Xbox fans will gobble it up, the rest of the world will continue not to care

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

There's no reason to buy an XSX at launch

You are absolutely right !

There is no reason to buy a XSX at launch

There's also NO REASON WHATSOEVER TO PURCHASE A PS5 either

Door is swinging both ways.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7223 Posts

I think it will sell ok at launch but will struggle as there isn't enough content coming from 1st party next year MS need to get through the next year and by 2022 the new content should be starting to trickle out. Sony has games coming that people want in the launch window.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

@Sevenizz said:

With 30% less power and only a difference of $100, there is no reason to buy a ps5...ever. Unless you really need to play qte movies or anime crap games.

LMAO... nailed it. PS fanboy desperation is maxing out.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@raugutcon:

The PS5 at least has some exclusives hell it comes pack with one installed free.🙂

Something is better than nothing.

For me non are tho.

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#57 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Xbox series X like the most impressive deal in console gaming history right now? With 2 years of game pass free, the financing option and backwards compatibility features, Xbox series X is the very first time I've been very interested in getting an Xbox console.

It's an extra valuable offering for people like me who haven't gone with Xbox before.

daredevils2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 daredevils2k
Member since 2015 • 5001 Posts

Well you're right OP, but lemmings think that gamers want to play nothing but old games on their XBSEX.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Xbox series X like the most impressive deal in console gaming history right now? With 2 years of game pass free, the financing option and backwards compatibility features, Xbox series X is the very first time I've been very interested in getting an Xbox console.

It's an extra valuable offering for people like me who haven't gone with Xbox before.

well Game Pass is not "free" as you pay a monthly subscription fee. However you can make your XBOX Live Gold subscription into Game Pass Ultimate for $1 (up to 3 years worth)

Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#60 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

@regnaston said:
@Pikminmaniac said:

well Game Pass is not "free" as you pay a monthly subscription fee. However you can make your XBOX Live Gold subscription into Game Pass Ultimate for $1 (up to 3 years worth)

Oh I thought they were giving 2 years free as an early adopter incentive. I'm just going by hearsay.

regnaston

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 regnaston
Member since 2008 • 4681 Posts

@Pikminmaniac: the subscription price is the price of the console plus a GPU (you do save a little than if you bought it separately though)

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#62 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

@SecretPolice said:

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#63 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Little reason for me to do so:

-No next gen exclusives yet

-PC

-Significantly less investment in their ecosystem

If I were to start fresh and only could have one platform. PC all the way.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5869 Posts

@tormentos said:

@tdkmillsy:

In what part there say MOST IF NOT ALL EXCLUSIVE PS5 GAMES WILL LAND ON PC.

Oh did i forget that doesnt even warranty a day 1 release on PC either, if anything you will have to wait YEARS like Horizon or bloodborn, unlike xbox games that are on PC day 1 and in some cases like gears tactic and MS flight simulator after PC had them.

Sony said they where bringing their games to PC, deal with it.

If they going to bring to PC they should do it at the start as that would be better for the gamer, isn't that what they are about.

NOPE cos really at heart its for the company.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

@NoodleFighter said:
@briguyb13 said:
@Sevenizz said:

With 30% less power and only a difference of $100, there is no reason to buy a ps5...ever. Unless you really need to play qte movies or anime crap games.

Sony doesn't even have anime games any more, they've scared the Japanese devs all away with their needless censoring.

I think the Xbox may start to become more attractive to Japanese devs if Sony keeps up the censorship. The Xbox Series S/X preorders are selling out in Japan (although the numbers are still likely low) and Phil Spencer did say that Japanese adoption of the console is growing quickly.

It would be hilarious that after all these years the Xbox platform champions Japanese games more than PlayStation.

Won't happen because Switch exists.

Avatar image for deactivated-628e6669daebe
deactivated-628e6669daebe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 deactivated-628e6669daebe
Member since 2020 • 3637 Posts

@fastnslowww: And Bugsnax.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#68  Edited By deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@fastnslowww said:
@briguyb13 said:

There's no reason to buy a PS5 at launch.

Spiderman Miles Morales, God fall and Demon souls are 3 good reasons to get a PS5 at launch.......so sit down.

Not even at gunpoint. I mean seriously... you're gonna be playing that garbage instead of Cyberpunk ? lmao

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The only reason to buy a video game console is because of the video games it has and Microsoft has simply dropped the ball. They have no new first party games coming at launch or in the launch window. They are hyping up performance boosts for old games like Gears 5 and Forza because they have nothing else on the way.

It is mind boggling how after having 6 years to prepare for this moment they actually have a worse lineup than the Xbone had.

literally the only reason to buy a PS5 at launch is Demon's Souls, so I guess a 570 dollar game is woth it to you?

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#70 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

There's no reason to really buy a PS5 at launch either. Both next-gen systems launch lineups are shite. At least they both have BC to carry the past greats forward.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@Fairmonkey said:

Xbox is literally the same thing as before. Love it or hate it. Xbox fans will gobble it up, the rest of the world will continue not to care

Don't confuse yourself with the rest of the world.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50549 Posts

@briguyb13: I don't need to play cyberpunk to know demon's souls shits on it.... unless bluepoint messes it up haha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@Chutebox said:

@briguyb13: I don't need to play cyberpunk to know demon's souls shits on it.... unless bluepoint messes it up haha

DS is a remake, you've played it before. CP2007 will be the game of forever, with so much more content. Guns, cars, cyber mods, custom clothes, three different life classes to start from.

Not even GTA games can compare to Cyberpunk 2077. It's on a whole new level.

HitmanActual

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 HitmanActual
Member since 2013 • 1351 Posts

Plenty of reasons to buy one, the main one being I want to.

Appreciate the TC's concern though, trying to help everyone make an informed decision.

Imagine making a bad decision and buying the PS5, that would really suck.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#75 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13663 Posts

To be honest, I'm not sure I disagree. I can justify the Series S, because it's only £250, so that with Gamepass is a good deal on day one. But the Series X is expensive to not have purpose made games released with it. But I'm not sure the PS5 is either right now. Spiderman is also on the PS4 from what I hear, Demon Souls is a remaster unless I'm wrong, which leaves Godfall.

Surely you have to come to terms with the fact that you never really get your moneys worth early adopting. On top of that you're practically beta testing the hardware. Because the Series S is weaker, I'm expecting it to be as reliable as the Wii on release. But both the PS5 and Series X are monsters, who knows if they'll have any long term issues. I know both are designed as well as they can be for the heat they release, and both have very impressive methods of heat dissipation.

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44038 Posts

:P

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 tormentos

@tdkmillsy:

Please provide proof of almost all if not all games from sony landing on PC.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22651 Posts

There is absolutely no reason to buy a ps5 at launch either... Keep telling yourself there is though.

tdkmillsy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 tdkmillsy
Member since 2003 • 5869 Posts

@tormentos said:

@tdkmillsy:

Please provide proof of almost all if not all games from sony landing on PC.

Nice manners so I'll reply nicely.

There is no proof that all will go, but we do know that is Sony's aim.

But you cant proof games will be exclusive to PS5, as Sony said the same about PS4 games only for them to come to PC later.

At best the most accurate and true statement you have is PS5 games will be timed exclusives at least.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 Chutebox

@briguyb13: And I'd rather play it again! I don't trust any gameplay coming from CD. World can be big as hell, if gameplay is mediocre the game is mediocre.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#82 Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11254 Posts

@freedomfreak: Nooo not Andy and Cuckmann >;(

Effinae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Effinae
Member since 2020 • 153 Posts

Buying a PS5 for the Demon Souls remake is like buying a PS4 for Skyrim Remastered.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

@Chutebox said:

@briguyb13: And I'd rather play it again! I don't trust any gameplay coming from CD. World can be big as hell, if gameplay is mediocre the game is mediocre.

You souls' fans are a very special bunch.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 Chutebox

@effinae said:

Buying a PS5 for the Demon Souls remake is like buying a PS4 for Skyrim Remastered.

Yup! I mean, except it's not...but other than you being completely wrong...you're right!

@briguyb13 said:
@Chutebox said:

You souls' fans are a very special bunch.

Good talk.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

@Chutebox said:

Yeah that's where I'm at with it. Who knows, maybe CDPR will deliver the goods this time, but definitely a wait and see.

Game looks crazy ambitions, but so did TW3.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By tormentos

@tdkmillsy:

So you are assuming no problem, my apologies if i sounded rude that wasnt the intention. 🙂

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@Pikminmaniac said:

I got the financing deal- It's $35 a month for 2 years= $840. You get the system (to keep) plus 2 years of game pass ultimate (game pass + xbox live).

If you do the math that's basically a disc drive PS5, 2 years of PS+, and 3 new games. I think the Xbox is the better deal.

Effinae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Effinae
Member since 2020 • 153 Posts

@Chutebox: Explain yourself then. How is it different? Demon Souls and Skyrim remastered are both just visual updates of games that aren't that old. How is anyone hanging their hat on this for a launch title? I'm not saying that it's a bad game, but the pedestal this game is being put on is silly.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Souls games are pure shit, just like the Washington Football Team.

robert_sparkes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 robert_sparkes
Member since 2018 • 7223 Posts

To be honest I'm looking forward to 60fps more than anything else 30fps has stopped me playing games and waiting until next gen.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#93 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69407 Posts

The Series X is as useless as upgrading your GPU, CPU and to a SSD.

KvallyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#94 KvallyX
Member since 2019 • 12937 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag said:

The only reason to buy a video game console is because of the video games it has and Microsoft has simply dropped the ball. They have no new first party games coming at launch or in the launch window. They are hyping up performance boosts for old games like Gears 5 and Forza because they have nothing else on the way.

It is mind boggling how after having 6 years to prepare for this moment they actually have a worse lineup than the Xbone had.

I am buying the Series X for all the awesome games they are releasing at launch as well as going forward. Great hardware, great games, great performance, great graphics. Not to mention, all my friends and family are also getting it. Better than getting DLC and a remaster.

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7142 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@Sevenizz said:

Sony doesn't even have anime games any more, they've scared the Japanese devs all away with their needless censoring.

what? thats why there are plenty of japan studios of sony making games. the japan studios is even working on a silent hill reboot for the ps5. not one developer has come out and said no games on the ps consoles because of the censoring. there are plenty of anime games even on ps now. nevermind on the sony store.

there is a ps5 game coming called ghost wire Tokyo.

yeah ok like death stranded, hzd 1 and 2, dreams, days gone, ghost, spiderman etc. are not qte movies. all of these games are 30 hours +. how many 30 hour movies have you watched? no such thing as a 30 hour movie. there might be a few qte sequences but not 30 hours of it.

funny how much gameplay in those 30+ hour and maybe 1 hours of cutscenes if that. that is still 29+ hours of gameplay. but yet there movie games.

what happens when fable comes with cutscenes and a story are you going to call it a movie game?

Sevenizz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 Sevenizz
Member since 2010 • 6462 Posts

@gifford38: Who said I cared about Fable?

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

No reason to buy one at all until they make something that is Xbox only.. meaning not on PC. Or it let me install Window on it. That might be fun.

HEATHEN75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 HEATHEN75
Member since 2018 • 1678 Posts

No reason at all. Unless you just want to buy one. I know I base all my buying decisions on the ramblings of random knuckleheads on forums.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Lets put it this way if I didn't have a gaming PC and couldn't afford a high end one... I would be getting a XSX day one, having the best looking console version of Cyberpunk 2077 is more than enough of a reason to get a XSX.

What's the percentage of next generation games that are multiplatform?... And what's the most powerful console?... I think I just found a more than good enough reason for gamers to get a XSX.

Also I am forced to get a PS5 due to the exclusives but honestly symmetrical thumb stick designs should be dead by now they are not natural at all!

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 tormentos

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Lets put it this way if I didn't have a gaming PC and couldn't afford a high end one... I would be getting a XSX day one, having the best looking console version of Cyberpunk 2077 is more than enough of a reason to get a XSX.

What's the percentage of next generation games that are multiplatform?... And what's the most powerful console?... I think I just found a more than good enough reason for gamers to get a XSX.

Also I am forced to get a PS5 due to the exclusives but honestly symmetrical thumb stick designs should be dead by now they are not natural at all!

So what your really saying is that you will get a PS5 for exclusives and fu** the xbox because you have a PC and you don't need a redundant weaker console than your PC?

Got it.