There is Assassins creed game that exist that is better than any Prince of persia.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16005 Posts

Hello friends,

So everytime AC discuss, it discuss with hatred, and Prince of persia get praised especially sands of time. while sands of time was barely ok or good game in general. rest of them are not. and AC games are mostly bad but there is this one AC game that is above any of POP game.

The game was accidentally turned out great maybe due to how they nail pirate setting and naval combat and story was also great also bar shitty modern sequence break pace.

and after this game release AC series gone back to bad again. and now become RPG.

but imo this game was better than POP SOT and its trilogy. anyone agree?

am i right? or not? lets discuss my friends.

hardwenzen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 hardwenzen
Member since 2005 • 3583 Posts

For its time POP was good.

For its time, now, tomorrow, in a month, in a year, in five years, in 10 years, in 30 years, in 50 years in 100 years, when Star Citizen launches ASS CREED IS TRASH. No such thing as a good Ass Creed. It may only be slightly less shittier than other entries and that's not a good game.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 15467 Posts

You're neither right or wrong, that's just your taste.

I happen to be a fan of both franchise and while AC was supposed to be another PoP game I believe both series are different enough that they each have their own identity. And both of them have their own rotten apples (Unity, Warrior Within).

So calling AC4 "better than any Prince of Persia" doesn't make much sense to me since I view them as apples and oranges. Perhaps PoP was never your thing? I happen to have just finished playing AC4 on my Switch and while I did enjoy it I also played AC Odyssey earlier this year and I'll be honest I loved the latter's gameplay way more (though AC4 had arguably a better story).

I'm also excited to play Sands of Time again next year, as well as AC Valhalla but not for the same reasons. Each game scratches a different itch.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 51926 Posts

Too much focus on tailing/eavesdropping. Rogue is way better in this regard.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 4412 Posts

The only AC that is even deserving of the name 'assassin' is AC. The rest are games with no fail state and where you can cheese every mission by holding right click and then press left click.

No, the later entries with RPG stats didn't make it any better. It just introduced grind walls for MTs.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6  Edited By Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 16005 Posts

@pc_rocks said:

The only AC that is even deserving of the name 'assassin' is AC. The rest are games with no fail state and where you can cheese every mission by holding right click and then press left click.

No, the later entries with RPG stats didn't make it any better. It just introduced grind walls for MTs.

AC4 naval battle are challenging and you can fail however AC part is just easy spam fest.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 18407 Posts

The worst part of Black Flag was that it was an Assassin's Creed game, with the same stupid overarching story and bad stealth missions.

johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 10204 Posts

Even though I'm a huge fan of pirates, I gave up on Black Flag halfway through. I just have zero interest and patience for the AC story and gameplay.

Magnum3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#9 Magnum3000
Member since 2020 • 1240 Posts

POP Warrior Within > any AC games.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 216

#10 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14974 Posts

No way. POP Sands of Time is the greatest puzzle-platformer of all time. No AC game comes close.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 48005 Posts

@Planeforger said:

The worst part of Black Flag was that it was an Assassin's Creed game, with the same stupid overarching story and bad stealth missions.

Black Flag is where the series started changing, and not for the better.

I still enjoy it, but the lack of emphasis on stealth and stalking and a new focus on action and RPG mechanics (that came later) sort of dulled my enthusiasm for the game.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NathanDrakeSwag  Online
Member since 2013 • 13916 Posts

Not surprised TC would love such a casual mainstream game.

blamix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blamix
Member since 2006 • 1062 Posts

Black Flag and AC Brotherhood are way better imo

iambatman7986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#14 iambatman7986
Member since 2013 • 3373 Posts

I've only played Assassin's Creed 1 and Black Flag. I thought Black Flag was a fun game, but the games are very repetitive. I did really like the naval aspect of the game though. I make it a point to only play one game from the franchise per generation so i do not get burned out on the series. Not sure if they are better than PoP, but I did enjoy them for what they were. I only played PoP SoT though. I'm typically not someone who buys every game in a series unless they are direct sequels and continue the story until completion.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 37407 Posts

Black Flag was the peak of the series up until then, until it regressed for Unity and Syndicate, haven't spent much time with Origins and Odyssey revamped entries, though want to finish one of those before new consoles launch.

Black Flag was my favorite favorite for having more contained story, not part of the ridiculous story arc of the previous ones, which didn't seem thought out, reminds me of Lost where I don't think the writers ever knew where it was going, they just shrouded the plot in a head scratching mystery that they didn't have a clue where it was going until they had to tie it all together and the result was disappointing conclusion.

AC didn't go bad because it became an RPG, it became bad because they developed the MP progression aspect into the SP for Unity and kept it with Syndicate. This is the early days of the live service for Ubisoft and they hadn't quite figured out what that was going to be or how to do it. AC games are a familiar progression of gameplay mechanics refined with each entry, and the way Unity was developed just killed the refined gameplay up until that point. Instead, players were handicapped, probably adjusted to combat criticism gameplay was too easy, rather than refining how combat encounters play out for more challenging and varied gameplay. The game lost its fluidity, it became clunky, sloppy, messy, overly padded and shallow.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 41780 Posts

The best part of Assassins Creed is when you're on a boat playing Wind Waker, far away from Assassins Creed.

When that's the high point, you know you've got a shit franchise.

judaspete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 judaspete
Member since 2005 • 4020 Posts

I prefer any of the Sands of Time trilogy over Black Flag, and even like PoP 2008 over most AC games. But that's just my opinion.

Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9128 Posts

SoT was great and simple, use time powers and return the dagger. Played a couple hours of black flag and got sick of it. Sooo much crap on the map and tailing people. I don’t recall the combat being anything worth while too.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 clone01
Member since 2003 • 28383 Posts

Only a bandodger like sniper4321 would like that casual garbage game.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 6551 Posts

Every AC game is better than any PoP... Well... better than all but one.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10033 Posts

Black Flag is a few hours of content copy/pasted into a 100 hour game.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22  Edited By Litchie
Member since 2003 • 26446 Posts

No, there isn't. PoP: SoT is way... WAY the **** better than Black Flag. I'd even play the worse POPs over Black Flag.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#23  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 41780 Posts

I've always respected you as our foremost gaming expert my freind, even more so than Champ.

But this isn't so much a black flag, as it is, a black mark on your gaming rep.

The only good part of Assassins Creed is when it's ripping off Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass.

On a boat, far out at sea, away from Assassins Creed.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 216

#24 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 14974 Posts
@Litchie said:

No, there isn't. PoP: SoT is way... WAY the **** better than Black Flag. I'd even play the worse POPs over Black Flag.

True. Even POP Warrior Within is better than every AC game.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10033 Posts

Warrior Within gets a lot of undue hate, imo. Story-wise, it's pretty terrible, but the combat, platforming, and puzzles are top notch.

lebanese_boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lebanese_boy
Member since 2003 • 15467 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

Warrior Within gets a lot of undue hate, imo. Story-wise, it's pretty terrible, but the combat, platforming, and puzzles are top notch.

That's not really what people are complaining about, in fact you listed the game's strongest assets.

People generally hated the shift in tone (ultra-violent emo prince) and as you mentioned the story wasn't great.