Theory: People who hate on MW2 simply stink at it

This topic is locked from further discussion.

J_Swayze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#101 J_Swayze
Member since 2007 • 493 Posts

I have two accounts under MW2, and both accounts I'm sporting a 1.33 & 1.30 and I hate MW2. The game feels cheap and takes no skills...a 11 year old running around the map, racking up the most kills just by stabbing people :|

lowe0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102 lowe0
Member since 2004 • 13692 Posts

I'd admit that I hate MW2's multiplayer, and I'm not very successful at it. I didn't really feel like anything I did would have changed the results of the game, as it's basically spawn, get a Harrier up the cornhole within 2 seconds, and repeat. When I lose at Bad Company 2, I know why it happened. When I lose at MAG... well, I'll let you know if it ever happens again.

mariobros1981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103 mariobros1981
Member since 2010 • 49 Posts
how about this theory instead: people who like mw2 are 12.
BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#104 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

Wrong. I can see the flaws in the game and notice the balancing issues, terrible maps, awful spawn system, etc and refuse to play a game that is going to piss me off when its not my fault since the game is broken

araksik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105 araksik
Member since 2009 • 537 Posts

I usually had around 4.0 KD ratio and my best stats being about 80 - 10 ish. I can't stand the game anymore. I even try to play it again from time to time but end up leaving after 5 minutes.

linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#106 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

nope, this is a common argument among people who worship the dirt under the toenails of extremely popular games, they think that people dont like games because there not good at them, but thats far from the truth, i know people whove prestiged who say they hate the game now, the game is not that great

mexicanFOB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107 mexicanFOB
Member since 2010 • 95 Posts

how about this theory instead: people who like mw2 are 12.mariobros1981

QFT

Parasomniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108 Parasomniac
Member since 2007 • 2723 Posts
Nobody can suck at MW2. The game is designed so a braindead 5 year old could sit there camping and get kills.
Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

I still stand by and say that most of the peoples complaints just flat out suck.

I will agree the spawning needs to be fixed, but when it comes to camping that has nothing to do with the game itself but the community.

Don't lke the way the other team is playing? Leave the match after the round is up and go to a new lobby. Something I do all the time rather than sit there and whine like a little baby.

The game is far from perfect and far from the best multi-player game ever (That my friends goes to the original Left 4 Dead IMO. Incredibly unique game that was an absolutel BLAST to play) but it is still the best popular shooter going right now. BC2 bored me to tears when I tried the demo. I would consider rentng it to give the full-game a chance but the local Blockbuster closed down at the end of last year.

And for those screaming for teamwork being a neccessity, I find that flat out RUINS games. You know why I stopped playing the L4D games once 2 came out? My friends had stopped playing it and the community was so God-awful at the game that it completely lost it's appeal when it was a constant struggle to get your team to use at least half-a-brain. I MUCH PERFER the style of MW2 where if I am better than the other team then I can at least HAVE A CHANCE at winning even if my team is brain-dead....

LostProphetFLCL
You missed key complaints that many people have about the game that even you can't gloss over.
LegatoSkyheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 1

#110 LegatoSkyheart
Member since 2009 • 29733 Posts

No People have good reasons to not like Modern Warfare 2.

Go play Call of Duty 4's Multiplayer and you'll understand.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Just hopped into this thread to ask if this is a big joke, or is TC being serious?

Anjunaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112 Anjunaddict
Member since 2010 • 4178 Posts
I'm better at MW2 than I am at BC2, yet i'd tend to bash MW2 more:P I don't hate on it though, its not a bad game.
slipknot0129

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113 slipknot0129
Member since 2008 • 5832 Posts

For every person that wins theres a person that loses. So you have 10 million losers roaming around the net.

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

The creator of this thread didn't play the PC version.

Lionheart08

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#115 Lionheart08
Member since 2005 • 15814 Posts

That is well...a really horrible thinking process. It's called having a differing opinion my friend. :?

flashn00b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116 flashn00b
Member since 2006 • 3949 Posts

I still think that people hate it due to iwnet.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#117 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I think MW2 is more like in the same category as TF2 than BFBC2.
People who want a game with those looks would probably prefer BFBC2, but the gameplay is much more TF2-ish.
More about simple fun, fast respawns and run and gun.

And quite honestly, i don't expect any FPS to beat TF2 (at its own game, the fun run and gun) for 5 years to come, unless there will be a TF3 made.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 todd2r
Member since 2009 • 2615 Posts

[QUOTE="todd2r"]

[QUOTE="jetslalom"]

yes no? i have to say some kills get me pissed , when i shoot someone in the face 2 times at close range and he still manages to kill me, (happened last night) but all in all i think its still the best fps out there, played BFBC 2 and it didnt hit the spot like MW2 does

forza420

i might be the only one that agrees with you. Im good at MW2, and im even better at BC2, but i think BC2 is soooooooooo boring. it moves at a snails pace. i found it to be very easy. the only difference is when you do good in BC2, your teammates better be good too. you cant do it by yourself. I can easily get 20+ kills in squad deathmatch, but my teammates get like 5 and 7 kills and your team ends up finishing last. I personally get more satisfaction out of MW2 than i do BC2. MW2 has problems, but BC2 has problems too.

a snails pace huh?

i guess you were playing a different game.running is generally fast in BC2,tanks are fast,choppers are fast,atv's are fast,vehicles and sea vehicles are fast. there is nothing slow paced about it for me,seeing as im always constantly running from tanks and choppers and blowing them up with c4 and RPG's

ya,you're wrong.

how can my opinion be wrong? anyways, i find it to be a slower pace than MW2. im not saying i dislike BC2, because i dont. but everyone needs to quit singing the praises of BC2 and acting like the game can do no wrong. its got problems too. its got camping too. when you play with a squad full of snipers, the game is terrible and boring. the respawn system is better than MW2, but still sucks. if you dont wanna respawn next to a teammate thats getting shot, you have to respawn 16 miles away from the action. its got problems, just like MW2

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#119 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Not really, I top scored in many MW2 rounds when I just started playing it and destroyed my friend with starting gear while he used level 70 stuff. I hate it because its too noob friendly, unpolished and Infinity Ward's attitude towards the PC version.

kontejner44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120 kontejner44
Member since 2006 • 2025 Posts

The game is reflex based, not aim. You just need to hold the cursor somewhere near the player.

I could literally take out the snipers faster than they could kill me with my rifle at a far distance and lol'ed everytime. I used all the increase atk perks and basically 1 shot everything I saw on my screen. It was too easy, for a person (me) who has never been into CoD games to just win every map on the local LAN.

I cleared MW2 campaign once on Normal because I cba dying I just wanted the experience, and it was worth it.

Then I tried the multiplayer component for just a few hours and found out that this is a great party experience to just fool around and have fun with, not a skill-oriented game.

That's a sheeps take on the matter at hand!

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#121 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

There are people that think this game takes skill?

SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#122 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

No.

Back in 2007 when CoD 4 came out and again in 2008 when WaW was launched, I said that the series was going to go downhill. We saw a lot shorter single player with a focus on extreme linearity and very tight corridor battles which was different than the originals. I saw a focus on the online.

The online I saw as becoming a way for no player to feel like they suck. They add a lot of perks and ways to make even the worst players score decently. It was fun for awhile, but once I realized that games were won by a single player and killstreaks I saw the end of the series coming. I saw the weapon inbalances, the perk inbalances, the ability for one player to have an uber class which require less skill to play.

As I feared, MW2 took my complaints and expanded upon them 10 fold. To make it worse, they stripped out dedicated servers and charged more for less features.

If you were to compare CoD 4 or MW2 to Counter Strike Source, you'll see some major differences. For one the best players are using the "best" weapons, but those weapons are not easy to handle. You cannot just full auto an AK-47 or the M1A1 and win. You need to learn control, accuracy, and some firing discipline. It was hard for a new player to get into the game, and even harder to stay one of the best. It was rewarding not in the way that it gave youa high level and more weapons, it was rewarding as when you entered a game, you beat your opponents and made a name for yourself.

The idea of CSS wasn't to have some persistent character that you leveled up, but to give a single, equal playing field to all players. No person is different. Nobody has access to better weapons, nobody has perks, nobody gets killstreaks, and nobody has any sort of advantage. Everybody is equal. If you suck, you got beat. That is how it was. It was fun. The challenge didn't come at trying to level up to rank 55 or whatever, but it was to enter a gameand make a name for yourself. It was more personal than it is now. You got to know players on your favorite dedicated servers much better.

It was differnet.

Wasdie
Well said Wasdie :P Hopefully I'll get better by the next time we play.
SilverChimera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#123 SilverChimera
Member since 2009 • 9256 Posts

mitu123
Yes and even funnier, people think it's realistic. Which statement is more outrageous? :lol:
CaptainHarley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#124 CaptainHarley
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

marks getting trolled itt

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#125 jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts
if you have a 360. Gamertag is terror531. My K/D more than speaks for itself as to why I genuinly believe I don't "stink" at the game. I just don't think it was great. It's a solid shooter overall, gets too much flak. I just don't think it's a great game though.
Ace6301

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126 Ace6301
Member since 2005 • 21389 Posts
Out of the group I play games with most of them didn't even bother with it since we all pretty much got bored of COD4 pretty quick and figured same thing would happen with MW2, just faster. A few still got it and only one actually played it to a decent extent. BFBC2 comes out and he's got the lowest KDR and rank and hardly ever plays anymore. Therefor my theory is that MW2 makes you suck/hate games.
_BlueDuck_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127 _BlueDuck_
Member since 2003 • 11986 Posts

Nah, I'm really bad at MW2 and I still think it's really fun.

Megaman5364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128 Megaman5364
Member since 2009 • 2912 Posts

yes no? i have to say some kills get me pissed , when i shoot someone in the face 2 times at close range and he still manages to kill me, (happened last night) but all in all i think its still the best fps out there, played BFBC 2 and it didnt hit the spot like MW2 does

jetslalom
I would nail you with the Intervention / Berret 50 cel.
Avatar image for Stevo_the_gamer
Stevo_the_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#129 Stevo_the_gamer  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 49568 Posts

mitu123
Yes, there are because it actually does require skill to play and be very good at the game, as with every competitive shooter out there.
PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

Uh...I get 10+ killstreaks everytime I play a round in MW1 online, with the last game being a 27 - 2 record and that was half a year ago. I stopped playing that game because it was casual and easy, and I'll say its even more so for MW2.

skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

I have enjoyed COD since the first.

My problem with the series is that is hasn't gone anywhere, it still does the same it did in 2003; in some respects its worse, it is terribly balanced, and of course Iward destroyed the competitive PC community.

And yes I have always been a good COD player, it and Battflied games are two that I have an unusual aptitute for; I also used to play COD1 competitiveley.

DethSkematik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 117

#132 DethSkematik
Member since 2008 • 3900 Posts

No.

Back in 2007 when CoD 4 came out and again in 2008 when WaW was launched, I said that the series was going to go downhill. We saw a lot shorter single player with a focus on extreme linearity and very tight corridor battles which was different than the originals. I saw a focus on the online.

The online I saw as becoming a way for no player to feel like they suck. They add a lot of perks and ways to make even the worst players score decently. It was fun for awhile, but once I realized that games were won by a single player and killstreaks I saw the end of the series coming. I saw the weapon inbalances, the perk inbalances, the ability for one player to have an uber class which require less skill to play.

As I feared, MW2 took my complaints and expanded upon them 10 fold. To make it worse, they stripped out dedicated servers and charged more for less features.

If you were to compare CoD 4 or MW2 to Counter Strike Source, you'll see some major differences. For one the best players are using the "best" weapons, but those weapons are not easy to handle. You cannot just full auto an AK-47 or the M1A1 and win. You need to learn control, accuracy, and some firing discipline. It was hard for a new player to get into the game, and even harder to stay one of the best. It was rewarding not in the way that it gave youa high level and more weapons, it was rewarding as when you entered a game, you beat your opponents and made a name for yourself.

The idea of CSS wasn't to have some persistent character that you leveled up, but to give a single, equal playing field to all players. No person is different. Nobody has access to better weapons, nobody has perks, nobody gets killstreaks, and nobody has any sort of advantage. Everybody is equal. If you suck, you got beat. That is how it was. It was fun. The challenge didn't come at trying to level up to rank 55 or whatever, but it was to enter a gameand make a name for yourself. It was more personal than it is now. You got to know players on your favorite dedicated servers much better.

It was differnet.

Wasdie
I agree, and...well...no, you've said what I was about to 100 times better than I could :P.
Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

No.

It's the other way around.

People who love MW2 sucked at CoD4 and are taking full advantage of MW2's design flaws.

kontejner44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134 kontejner44
Member since 2006 • 2025 Posts

No.

It's the other way around.

People who love MW2 sucked at CoD4 and are taking full advantage of MW2's design flaws.

Rikusaki

meh I wouldn't call it flaw, it's just not skill-oriented anymore, it's more of a party experience like mario kart is for racers, and as proven, this concept sells.

People, there are specific games created for skill oriented players; E-sports, check them out yo

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#135 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
I'm sure that's the case with some people. Some people are not good at the game, constantly get killed and decide to blame the game rather than themselves. However, this definitely isn't the case with everyone as I know some people that dislike the game, merely because they don't think the game is good, despite being decent at the game themselves.
Crimsader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137 Crimsader
Member since 2008 • 11672 Posts

It's obvious, when you aren't goot at something that great, you start to hate it :D Simple as that.

Rikusaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 Rikusaki
Member since 2006 • 16634 Posts

It's obvious, when you aren't goot at something that great, you start to hate it :D Simple as that.

Crimsader

No, it's not simple as that.

That doesn't apply to everyone who dislikes the game..

Vesica_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139 Vesica_Prime
Member since 2009 • 7062 Posts

Crimsader

I'm good at MW2 (then again who isn't) and I hate it, learn your facts :D Simple as that.

Darth_DuMas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140 Darth_DuMas
Member since 2006 • 2687 Posts

No, people say that about everything. Can we just not like certain games.

I don't like SF4 or DMC4, but it's not because i'm bad at it.

Avatar image for Messiahbolical-
Messiahbolical-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141 Messiahbolical-
Member since 2009 • 5670 Posts
Why is it so hard to believe that MW2 is just a broken game? :| People hate on MW2 for a variety of reasons, and I think the people that hate it the most are the people who ARE good at it, not the people that aren't.
CwlHeddwyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#142 CwlHeddwyn
Member since 2005 • 5314 Posts

No.

It was differnet.

Wasdie
You talk a lot of sense. MW2 is a step down. In one sense there's too much 'equalization' and too much imbalance. the equalization I refer to is there kill streaks, perks, equipment etc In COD4 you relied much more on your own skill rather than the set up you or someone else was running.
forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 forza420
Member since 2010 • 1225 Posts

[QUOTE="forza420"]

[QUOTE="todd2r"]

i might be the only one that agrees with you. Im good at MW2, and im even better at BC2, but i think BC2 is soooooooooo boring. it moves at a snails pace. i found it to be very easy. the only difference is when you do good in BC2, your teammates better be good too. you cant do it by yourself. I can easily get 20+ kills in squad deathmatch, but my teammates get like 5 and 7 kills and your team ends up finishing last. I personally get more satisfaction out of MW2 than i do BC2. MW2 has problems, but BC2 has problems too.

todd2r

a snails pace huh?

i guess you were playing a different game.running is generally fast in BC2,tanks are fast,choppers are fast,atv's are fast,vehicles and sea vehicles are fast. there is nothing slow paced about it for me,seeing as im always constantly running from tanks and choppers and blowing them up with c4 and RPG's

ya,you're wrong.

how can my opinion be wrong? anyways, i find it to be a slower pace than MW2. im not saying i dislike BC2, because i dont. but everyone needs to quit singing the praises of BC2 and acting like the game can do no wrong. its got problems too. its got camping too. when you play with a squad full of snipers, the game is terrible and boring. the respawn system is better than MW2, but still sucks. if you dont wanna respawn next to a teammate thats getting shot, you have to respawn 16 miles away from the action. its got problems, just like MW2

and you base your opinion off what? Inexperience?

and ive never faced a team full of snipers.if i did they would get owned and be forced to change classes..

why? one word: Spotting

and i havent had any problems with camping in BC2....unlike MW2.

its not our fault that you play the game the way its not suppose to be played(a.k.a. MW2 Style).

and BC2 doesnt even have a quarter of the problems MW2 has.BC2 isnt riddled with glitches and ridiculous auto-aim.

and spawning 16 miles away? lol mmkkay..ever heard of ATV's,water vehicles,vehicles,tanks,choppers and ummmmm.....squad spawning./different location spawning?

forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144 forza420
Why is it so hard to believe that MW2 is just a broken game? :| People hate on MW2 for a variety of reasons, and I think the people that hate it the most are the people who ARE good at it, not the people that aren't.Messiahbolical-
exactly.thank you!
LoZone80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 LoZone80
Member since 2010 • 31 Posts
not true, i dont like it because its so easy. KZ2 is much more satisfying.
todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146 todd2r

[QUOTE="todd2r"]

[QUOTE="forza420"] a snails pace huh?

ya,you're wrong.

forza420

and ive never faced a team full of snipers.if i did they would get owned and be forced to change classes..

its not our fault that you play the game the way its not suppose to be played(a.k.a. MW2 Style).

and BC2 doesnt even have a quarter of the problems MW2 has.BC2 isnt riddled with glitches and ridiculous auto-aim.

and spawning 16 miles away? lol mmkkay..ever heard of ATV's,water vehicles,vehicles,tanks,choppers and ummmmm.....squad spawning./different location spawning?

cmon seriously, quit acting like battlefield has no problems. its not the greatest game ever made. and im pretty sure i play the game the way its supposed to, considering i do pretty well at it. also, how can i be playing the game "MW2 style"? what is that exactly? is it shooting people???? cause thats the point of all shooters isnt it?

Verge_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147 Verge_6
Member since 2007 • 20282 Posts

Crimsader

Jesus, HOW did you miss the 6+ pages of posts proving that this is anything but the case? MW2's defense isn't making a good name for itself in this thread, considering they have a habit of blatantly ignoring scores of posts that make good points.

todd2r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 todd2r

ive got no problem bashing the **** out of MW2, because its got serious problems. however, what kills me about these threads lately is how people have to put Bad Company 2 up on this pedestal and act like it has no problems.

forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149 forza420

[QUOTE="forza420"]

[QUOTE="todd2r"]

todd2r

cmon seriously, quit acting like battlefield has no problems. its not the greatest game ever made. and im pretty sure i play the game the way its supposed to, considering i do pretty well at it. also, how can i be playing the game "MW2 style"? what is that exactly? is it shooting people???? cause thats the point of all shooters isnt it?

its called being tactical ...unlike MW2 where you just,spawn,shoot,die,spawn,shoot,die,rinse,repeat. and i still have no idea of these problems that you speak of,nor have i run into any in the 80 hours of multiplayer i have already clocked in.
forza420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150 forza420

[QUOTE="Crimsader"]

Verge_6

Jesus, HOW did you miss the 6+ pages of posts proving that this is anything but the case? MW2's defense isn't making a good name for itself in this thread, considering they have a habit of blatantly ignoring scores of posts that make good points.

thats all they can come up with,they want to believe that they are good at MW2 when in fact its so easy to get kills in MW2. seriously..even a Chimpanzee can easily get kills in MW2.