Dear gamers in the System Wars board.
For those who wonder why kart racers like Mario Kart makes this sub-genre to become the most popular for the racing genre? so here is my theory.
The target audience differences:
- Kart racing:
- Any kind of gamers who want to have fun in gaming.
- Preferring go-karts over any kind of cars.
- Preferring to have short cuts and combat racing.
- Both males and females can enjoy it.
- Meant for all ages.
- Not necessary to love cars, motorsports, and racing games.
- No skills required from other sub-genre of racing games.
- Realistic-looking car games:
- For car lovers who prefer to have realistic performance cars rather than cartoony go-karts.
- Most realistic-looking car game fans are pretty much males.
- Currently, most sim racing fans' age groups range from 13 to 50.
- Meanwhile, Arcade-style realistic-car games are meant to any ages to play.
- Sim racing requiring more skills compared to any other sub-genre of racing games (Due to harder controls when turned off driving assists).
- Preferring to have pure racing or realistic driving physics.