Avatar image for harnessthepower
HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By HarnessThePower

Poll The worst console the past 30 years (157 votes)

Playstation 4 Pro 5%
Playstation 4 Slim 0%
Playstation 4 3%
Playstation 3 Slim 0%
Playstation 3 1%
Playstation 2 0%
Playstation 1 1%
Sega Dreamcast 1%
Sega Saturn 12%
Sega Genesis 0%
Nintendo Switch 3%
Nintendo Wii U 13%
Nintendo Wii 6%
Nintendo Gamecube 0%
Nintendo 64 0%
Super Nintendo 0%
Xbox OG 1%
Xbox 360 4%
Xbox One 25%
Xbox One S 2%
Other 24%

We have seen so many consoles the past 30 years. Some have been amazing, some have been utter trash. Which, in your opinion, was the WORST of the past 30 years.

Please no bias/fanboy responses. Objectivity only.

• 
Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#51 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@harnessthepower: Smart, clever, perhaps. Stalker, no.

HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 HarnessThePower
Member since 2017 • 267 Posts

@reduc_ab_ said:

@harnessthepower: Smart, clever, perhaps. Stalker, no.

What if I said I liked stalkers ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@harnessthepower: Then I read your vibe correctly.

HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 HarnessThePower

@reduc_ab_ said:

@harnessthepower: Then I read your vibe correctly.

Smart, clever, AND you can pick up on vibes through the internet...DAMN.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@harnessthepower: Not through the internet, not solely. Through your choice of words. And...

HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 HarnessThePower

@reduc_ab_ said:

@harnessthepower: Not through the internet, not solely. Through your choice of words. And...

Lol, you're almost as good of a detective as Columbo.

verbtex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#57 verbtex  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9196 Posts

The one I liked the least? Eek. That's hard to tell. So many good games on so many consoles.

The one I played the least? The Hyperscan. So maybe that?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@harnessthepower: User: Reduc_Ab_ is a feminine-based construct operating on a revolving schedule with respect to this location. Should you consent to authorize the application of techniques tangible, so to speak, philo-social, metaphysical and innocuous, for example, a behavioral lattice may be constructed utilizing data gleaned from various interactions with the AI over a predetermined span of time. She will grow friendly toward you, even affectionate, to a degree, should you accept her goodwill. She will never become angry or hostile with you. Your consent is your own, so think on it as long as you wish. Know that the AI herself has determined your candidacy. Thank you.

Xabiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Xabiss
Member since 2012 • 4749 Posts

I picked other because it would be either Sega CD, 3DO, or Atari Jaguar. Your list is absolute shit because it is missing so many consoles. This thread should be locked!

HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 HarnessThePower

@reduc_ab_ said:

@harnessthepower: User: Reduc_Ab_ is a feminine-based construct operating on a revolving schedule with respect to this location. Should you consent to authorize the application of techniques tangible, so to speak, philo-social, metaphysical and innocuous, for example, a behavioral lattice may be constructed utilizing data gleaned from various interactions with the AI over a predetermined span of time. She will grow friendly toward you, even affectionate, to a degree, should you accept her goodwill. She will never become angry or hostile with you. Your consent is your own, so think on it as long as you wish. Know that the AI herself has determined your candidacy. Thank you.

Lay off the Peyote.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

@harnessthepower: A simple yes or no will suffice. If yes, your last comment may be considered your initial contribution.

byof_america

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#62 byof_america
Member since 2006 • 1952 Posts

I would say the specs on the Sega Pico were very underwhelming, even for it's time. Plus, the game cartridges were massive compared to other systems and the content on those cartridges maybe held 5% of the content other consoles back then had.

HalcyonScarlet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#63 HalcyonScarlet
Member since 2011 • 13636 Posts

@metalslimenite said:

Xbox One. Only console I've ever traded in.

Same.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#64 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Wii u

HarnessThePower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 HarnessThePower

I would have to say PS3 from 2006-2008. During that time the system was $650 after tax, and it's best game was probably folding@home. Most expensive paper weight/door stopper on the market.

CrashNBurn281

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#66 CrashNBurn281
Member since 2014 • 1574 Posts

Xbone. It's been like a Trainwreck simulator.

tjandmia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 tjandmia
Member since 2017 • 3723 Posts

LOL. There are people who actually picked the Xbox One.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Wow the OP must be young. Don't ask about the last 30 years if you didn't even see it, at least don't make a poll list when half the consoles aren't on it.

The C 64 is the clear winner. Atari Jaguar..etc all actually did quite better than the C 64.

Telekill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#69 Telekill
Member since 2003 • 12061 Posts

The poll is a rediculous list of great systems. You want bad systems take your pick from below:

• Sega 32X
  • Sega CD
  • CD-i
  • 3DO
  • Jaguar
  • Wii-U

Then adding handhelds...

• Virtual Boy
  • N-Gage
  • Neo Geo Pocket
  • GBA Micro (design)
  • Game.com
  • WonderSwan
  • PS Vita

If I had to pick worst system, I'd probably go with CD-i. Short lived, horrible Zelda game, long load times, horribly expensive, etc.

Worst handheld is definitely N-Gage or WonderSwan. What the hell were these guys thinking. At least Game.com had Resident Evil 2 and PS Vita had an Uncharted.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Original PS3 was shit and expensive, but not shit enough to qualify for the worse.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#71  Edited By ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Out of this list I'm going with Sega Saturn. It just didn't have enough interesting games on it.

Flyincloud1116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#72 Flyincloud1116
Member since 2014 • 6418 Posts

@hrt_rulz01: Most admit it though. Lemmings are the ones trying to hide their bias.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#73  Edited By uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58643 Posts

The Virtual Boy, both device itself and support it was a disaster.

@appariti0n said:

Does the 32x count?

Or how about the Nintendo virtual boy? :P

The 32X itself was arguably good, it's lack of software doomed it. As a physical device, it's served it purpose well.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 45993 Posts

Xbox 360, let's see here:

• Started the paid DLC trend (DLC existed before, as free updates on PC)
  • Didn't have a Harddrive on every SKU like the OG Xbox had.
  • Last years had a pitiful line up of exclusives
  • Last years were focussed on Kinect crap
  • Stupid accesoires like HD DVD
  • Over a third of launch consoles had critical failures
  • Don Mattrick

There could've been worse consoles, but the worst I ever owned has to be Xbox 360

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#75 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21695 Posts

Out of what I got, the Wii U. Also, lol at people picking the Saturn. Panzer Dragoon Saga alone invalidates your ill informed opinion.

Jebus213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Jebus213
Member since 2010 • 10056 Posts

@harnessthepower said:

I would have to say PS3 from 2006-2008. During that time the system was $650 after tax, and it's best game was probably folding@home. Most expensive paper weight/door stopper on the market.

>says the last 30 years

>says PS3

>doesn't say Sega saturn or dreamcast

Fairmonkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Fairmonkey
Member since 2011 • 2309 Posts

@mems_1224: the gamecube was a great console. Excellent exclusive lineup. Melee was worth the price alone for how much time most people put into it

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22368 Posts

@flyincloud1116: Not sure about that...

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts
@pimphand_gamer said:

The C 64 is the clear winner. Atari Jaguar..etc all actually did quite better than the C 64.

Can't blame the Commodore C-64. It came out 11 years before the Atari Jaguar (1982 vs 1993). Perhaps you meant the 64 which is a modern day resurrection of the C-64.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

The Wii. What an abomination

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Renegade_Fury

@metalslimenite said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

Out of what I got, the Wii U. Also, lol at people picking the Saturn. Panzer Dragoon Saga alone invalidates your ill informed opinion.

And I could say something similar: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild invalidates your ill informed opinion.

Nah, you couldn't, because not only is the superior version of BotW is on the Switch, Panzer Dragoon Saga is as exclusive as it gets, and it's far and away a better game. That's only one game too, because aside from amazing titles such as NiGHTS, the Panzer Dragoon series, the Virtua Fighter series, and so on, the Saturn is the king of the 2D genre and arcade experience next to the Neo Geo, specifically in regards to its massive library of shmups, fighters, and superior versions of 2D platformers with games llike Mega Man X4 and 8 when compared against the PS1. Though you wouldn't have a clue as to what I'm talking about if you somehow think the Saturn is the worst console in the last 30 years, lol.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By uninspiredcup
@jun_aka_pekto said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

Can't blame the Commodore C-64. It came out 11 years before the Atari Jaguar (1982 vs 1993). Perhaps you meant the 64 which is a modern day resurrection of the C-64.

Not really sure why the C64 is being punted about, for an 8 bit system it had alot of advanced games. The Last Ninja, Turrican I/II, Wasteland, Ultima, Sid Meirs Pirates (or pirates as it was called), Elite and Yie Ar Kung Fu, just to name a few. Certaintly, you had to sit like an asshole while your screen had an epileptic fit, but that was just the way of things.

The system itself done well, espcailly here in Britain, where computer gaming at one point outstripped console popularity, it's generally looked upon fondly with well earned nostalgia, likewise with it's brother, the Amiga.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Renegade_Fury

@metalslimenite said:
@Renegade_Fury said:
@metalslimenite said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

And I could say something similar: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild invalidates your ill informed opinion.

Nah, you couldn't, because not only is the superior version of BotW is on the Switch, Panzer Dragoon Saga is as exclusive as it gets, and it's far and away a better game. That's only one game too, because aside from amazing titles such as NiGHTS, the Panzer Dragoon series, Virtua Fighter series, and so on, the Saturn is the king of arcade experiences and 2D games next to the Neo Geo, specifically in regards to its massive library of shmups, fighters, and superior versions of 2D platformers with games llike Mega Man X4 and 7 when compared against the PS1. Though you wouldn't have a clue as to what I'm talking about if you somehow think the Saturn is the worst console in the last 30 years, lol.

I never said it was. Superior or not, BotW still on the system, and one of the best experiences available in the world of video games. SSB for Wii U has provided me and my friends more memorable fun than anything on other current systems, and when you add games like Splatoon, Super Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8 and Xenoblade Chronicles X, to call it the worst console in the past 30 years is beyond nonsensical.

It doesn't matter, because that first statement is flawed and accordingly invalidates your opinion. I also said the Wii U was the worst of what I own, not that it's actually the worst system in the last 30 years, of course, I guess making that distinction wasn't enough for you I suppose. It's cool that you had fun with it, but all of the games you named, I think are either lackluster or flat out garbage, and its best games, Zelda and Mario, can be found on other Nintendo platforms, with them being either the exact same game, or having a superior title in its respective franchise. So to me, the Wii U is easily the worst system, because there's not a single game I find worth owning exclusively for it. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@harnessthepower said:

PS3 nearly bankrupt Sony. They're still trying to recover from that disaster.

The Playstation brand seems to have recovered unlike the 3DO, Jaguar, Philips CDi, Amiga CD32, etc. The latter ones were one of a kind.

I wished I kept my 3DO. It wasn't a bad console. When I first bought mine, the guys in the dorm couldn't stop playing Madden 3DO and Road Rash 3DO.

What made the 3DO bad was the original asking price of $700 back in 1993. Today, that would be almost $1200. I didn't bite until the price quickly dropped to $450. Everybody else just laughed and moved on. ;)

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Renegade_Fury

@metalslimenite said:
@Renegade_Fury said:
@metalslimenite said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

Nah, you couldn't, because not only is the superior version of BotW is on the Switch, Panzer Dragoon Saga is as exclusive as it gets, and it's far and away a better game. That's only one game too, because aside from amazing titles such as NiGHTS, the Panzer Dragoon series, Virtua Fighter series, and so on, the Saturn is the king of arcade experiences and 2D games next to the Neo Geo, specifically in regards to its massive library of shmups, fighters, and superior versions of 2D platformers with games llike Mega Man X4 and 7 when compared against the PS1. Though you wouldn't have a clue as to what I'm talking about if you somehow think the Saturn is the worst console in the last 30 years, lol.

I never said it was. Superior or not, BotW still on the system, and one of the best experiences available in the world of video games. SSB for Wii U has provided me and my friends more memorable fun than anything on other current systems, and when you add games like Splatoon, Super Mario 3D World, Bayonetta 2, Mario Kart 8 and Xenoblade Chronicles X, to call it the worst console in the past 30 years is beyond nonsensical.

It doesn't matter, because that fist statement is flawed and accordingly invalidates your opinion. I also said the Wii U was the worst of what I own, not that it's actually the worst system in the last 30 years, of course, I guess making that distinction wasn't enough for you I suppose. Its cool that you had fun with it, but all of the games you named, I think are either lackluster or flat out garbage, and its best games, Zelda and Mario. can be found on other Nintendo platforms, with them being either the exact same game, or having a superior title in that franchise. So to me, it's easily the worst system, because there's not a single game I find worth owning exclusively for it. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

It doesn't, but by and large what you seem to like are quite inferior to both Sony and Nintendo franchises. Shit like Sonic never stood a chance to the superiority of a quality platformer series like Mario. It's no wonder Sega failed in the console arena and let millions of gamers down with their ineptitude.

Huh, are you for real, lol? Please, do tell, what are these games and genres that I like since you clearly know all about me. Oh, and please be sure to mention if you've played any of them for yourself. This should be good.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By uninspiredcup

@metalslimenite said:
@Renegade_Fury said:
@metalslimenite said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

It doesn't matter, because that fist statement is flawed and accordingly invalidates your opinion. I also said the Wii U was the worst of what I own, not that it's actually the worst system in the last 30 years, of course, I guess making that distinction wasn't enough for you I suppose. Its cool that you had fun with it, but all of the games you named, I think are either lackluster or flat out garbage, and its best games, Zelda and Mario. can be found on other Nintendo platforms, with them being either the exact same game, or having a superior title in that franchise. So to me, it's easily the worst system, because there's not a single game I find worth owning exclusively for it. I'm sorry if that upsets you.

It doesn't, but by and large what you seem to like are quite inferior to both Sony and Nintendo franchises. Shit like Sonic never stood a chance to the superiority of a quality platformer series like Mario. It's no wonder Sega failed in the console arena and let millions of gamers down with their ineptitude.

Perhaps you can argue with Nintendo, but not chance with Sony. Sega's IP's all the way back to the 8 bit era are far more impressive and relevant than anything Sony has done.

The fact Sega managed to take Space Harrier, one of the first real third person shooter running that on superior hardware (that itself had problems requiring redesign) and put it over to a Master System giving people at home, for the first time a real taste of proper arcade machine level gaming, is one of many achievements that go by unnoticed.

And then they more or less repeated an arguably more impressive feat with Viritual Fighter that had a profound effect on technology, and gaming as a whole.

Their failure wasn't for lack of quality ip's, but a lack of quality control and a schizophrenic handling of evolution. The Dreamcast itself left in a dignified manner, well supported. Much of it's demise was the fact the PS2 had a DVD player and hype around it's mystical power, outdoing pc's. Not software.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Renegade_Fury

@metalslimenite said:
@Renegade_Fury said:
@metalslimenite said:
@Renegade_Fury said:

Huh, are you for real, lol? Please, do tell, what are these games and genres that I like since you clearly know all about me. Oh, and please be sure to mention if you've played any of them for yourself. This should be good.

Our personal preferences aside, it is an objective fact that Sega is the worst console maker of the last 30 years since they are no longer in the market.

Oh, so you got nothing. That was disappointing. :(

I hate to break it to you, but I like games across the board from PC to consoles, and that includes from Nintendo, Sony, Microsoft, and SEGA. Just because I think the Wii U is a worthless system doesn't mean I hate Nintendo, but I guess that's too hard of a concept for you to grasp.

But hey, since you clearly aren't worth having a discussion with, I'll stop here rather than have the whole thread derailed. later.

Avatar image for Douevenlift_bro
Douevenlift_bro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Douevenlift_bro
Member since 2013 • 6804 Posts

Xbone winning this poll..

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@Micropixel said:
@charizard1605 said:

Jaguar, I guess

No, that system is probably one of the most underrated consoles EVER. I enjoyed that machine waaay more than my Sega Saturn (which I had very high expectations for). The Saturn and the 3DO are two of the worst consoles I have ever owned.

Jaguar and a Saturn however neither of the two are any where near as bad as a Philips CDI or Amiga 32.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96 PimpHand_Gamer

@jun_aka_pekto said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

Worst console. What does pointing blame or the time period release of Jaguar have anything to do with that? Jaguar was a better console than C 64, it even had marketing.

Perhaps some here just completely misunderstand the point of the thread.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50494 Posts

Out of those I got the least amount of play time out of the Wii. So that.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By PimpHand_Gamer
@uninspiredcup said:
@jun_aka_pekto said:
@pimphand_gamer said:

Not really sure why the C64 is being punted about, for an 8 bit system it had alot of advanced games. The Last Ninja, Turrican I/II, Wasteland, Ultima, Sid Meirs Pirates (or pirates as it was called), Elite and Yie Ar Kung Fu, just to name a few. Certaintly, you had to sit like an asshole while your screen had an epileptic fit, but that was just the way of things.

The system itself done well, espcailly here in Britain, where computer gaming at one point outstripped console popularity, it's generally looked upon fondly with well earned nostalgia, likewise with it's brother, the Amiga.

I just now realized that both of you must have thought I was talking about the computer Commadore 64. LOL, that's pretty funny but I was talking about the console C64 game system which was released in 92 I think, it was a cartridge based version of the old computer version.....see, it was such a bad console that no one here even remember it or even knew about it.

Most all the other consoles discussed here were not actually bad consoles. The C64 even had hardware issues with the carts because without a keyboard, certain games were completely unplayable. Now that is a bad console period and is why I listed it as THE clear winner as the worst console ever within 30 years..

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By jun_aka_pekto
@pimphand_gamer said:

I just now realized that both of you must have thought I was talking about the computer Commadore 64. LOL, that's pretty funny but I was talking about the console C64 game system which was released in 92 I think, it was a cartridge based version of the old computer version.....see, it was such a bad console that no one here even remember it or even knew about it.

Most all the other consoles discussed here were not actually bad consoles. The C64 even had hardware issues with the carts because without a keyboard, certain games were completely unplayable. Now that is a bad console period and is why I listed it as THE clear winner as the worst console ever within 30 years..

I heard of the C-64 console. But, it never made it to US shores. Plus in 1990, the classic non-AGA Amiga was already becoming obsolete. That makes the older tech C-64 console even more so.

EG101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 EG101
Member since 2007 • 2091 Posts

@Douevenlift_bro said:

Xbone winning this poll..

Do you honestly believe that fanboys that hate everything related to XB who have never played an XB1 aren't voting for it?

The sad thing is there are seemingly thousands of clowns like this all over the internet.