The Witcher Trilogy VS Demons Souls,Bloodborne,Souls Trilogy, which is more fun and better rpg series?

• 57 results
indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

The Witcher Enhanced Edition, The Witcher Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition , The Witcher 3 + Hearts of Stone/Blood and Sand DLC

VS

Demons Souls, Dark Souls Prepare to Die, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the first sin, Bloodborne GOTY Edition, Dark Souls 3 + Upcoming DLC's

Demons Souls alone destroys complete Witcher series ... imo.

Well?

jg4xchamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#2  Edited By jg4xchamp
Member since 2006 • 64037 Posts

The Souls games. For starters they had multiple good video games, only one of The Witchers is an actual good video game. The first one is endearing, but it's fucking sloppy top to bottom. The second game is far too janky for my liking (not that third game isn't janky, it's just less janky) to make a poverty souls combat work, much less its weird focus on the politics of The Witcher universe, which is some days of our lives level horseshit.

Beyond that The Witcher 3 has a more vibrant aesthetic, and on paper has better developed characters, setting, fiction, and is easier to digest when you are playing. That said the Souls games are excellently designed (with the major short coming being, that From Software's programmers? not exactly top tier) and far deeper gameplay experiences, and I judge my games based on their interactive merits.

Dark Souls 2 might be the only one of that series, that I wouldn't play over The Witcher 3.

sailor232

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 sailor232
Member since 2003 • 6880 Posts

Tw3 beats all games single handedly, no game can match it, and it will take a very long time before a game surpasses it.

As a series, Mass Effect would be the number one.

akimbo_atato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#5 akimbo_atato
Member since 2013 • 42 Posts

I'd say the combat is superior in the Souls games but most other things such as atmosphere, story, characters, universe i prefer the witcher games.

casharmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By casharmy
Member since 2011 • 9388 Posts

@indzman said:

The Witcher Enhanced Edition, The Witcher Assassin of Kings Enhanced Edition , The Witcher 3 + Hearts of Stone/Blood and Sand DLC

VS

Demons Souls, Dark Souls Prepare to Die, Dark Souls II: Scholar of the first sin, Bloodborne GOTY Edition, Dark Souls 3 + Upcoming DLC's

Demons Souls alone destroys complete Witcher series ... imo.

Well?

This

You pretty much summed up what I feel about this comparison when I clicked in the thread with the bold here.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I think the Witcher 3 series is the more fun series. Dark Souls got better Boss battles.

Maroxad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Maroxad
Member since 2007 • 23912 Posts

I didnt really like Witcher 1 all that much, and I couldnt really get bothered with Witcher 2 and 3.

I have Witcher 2 on my steam account (or GOG account, cant remember which), but I never bothered playing it after I installed it. Far too many strikes for my personal tastes.

1. Shitty ARPG combat
  2. RPG without character creation
  3. Lack of trust in developers
  4. Overall dull gameplay
  5. Freeroam open world game (For Witcher 3 that is)

The Souls games on the other hand, are legit fun. Getting more or less every aspect fairly well done. Which is extremely rare for an RPG.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

Witcher 3 is my favorite game between the 2 series by far so I choose that. Its one of the 10 best games ever made imo.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Crypt_mx
Member since 2007 • 4739 Posts

The Witcher 3 is probably the best game out of all of them, but the dark soils/demon souls/bloodborne series probably has more great games. Imo witcher 1 is one you should skip and 2 is just good, whereas all the souls games are good.

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I think both The Witcher 1 and 3 are masterpieces in their own ways.

I enjoyed the Dark Souls games, but they're extremely similar games, and I don't think any of them are as good as The Witcher 1 or 3.

MrYaotubo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 MrYaotubo
Member since 2012 • 2884 Posts

The Witcher,no question about that.

pug987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 pug987
Member since 2005 • 460 Posts

I think it's really hard to compare the two series because they are so different. What's great for the Witcher is the weakest part of the souls games and vise versa. I think it all comes down to personal preference.

Personally I can't decide one or the other. I like both the souls gameplay and the witcher world and story. I think it's great that we have both series and that they are so different.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f768591970d3
deactivated-5f768591970d3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5f768591970d3
Member since 2004 • 1255 Posts

story wise- witcher hands down. Gameplay wise - Souls games hands down.

Overall I like the witcher series more but I dont feel they should really be compared. I love the witcher universe and went on to read the books as well. Souls games are great fun and a great challenge.

Not very similar series to compare but if I have to pick its witcher.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#15 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

The Witcher trilogy is best. All games are fantastic and they improved sequels so much that they almost feel like entirely new standalone games instead of just being sequels.

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

Elder Scrolls

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cloud_imperium

@Crypt_mx said:

The Witcher 3 is probably the best game out of all of them, but the dark soils/demon souls/bloodborne series probably has more great games. Imo witcher 1 is one you should skip and 2 is just good, whereas all the souls games are good.

No man, you shouldn't skip Witcher 1, it's awesome game.

@Planeforger said:

I enjoyes the Dark Souls games, but they're extremely similar games, and I don't think any of them are as good as The Witcher 1 or 3.

Agreed.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#18 Jag85
Member since 2005 • 19543 Posts

I enjoyed Witcher more. Souls destroys it on the gameplay front, but Witcher makes up for it with the interesting story, characters and setting.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

For me the Witcher series without a doubt. All 3 games were solid. I've gone back and played all 3 games multiple times. I've never been able to force myself to finish a single Souls game. The only one I even came close to finishing is Bloodborne.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Crypt_mx

@Cloud_imperium said:
@Crypt_mx said:

@Planeforger said:

I enjoyes the Dark Souls games, but they're extremely similar games, and I don't think any of them are as good as The Witcher 1 or 3.

Agreed.

I don't care what anyone says, The Witcher 1 is a pretty brutal game from a gameplay perspective. It's un-polished, choppy, combat isn't nearly as good, its much smaller in scope, its repetitive and so on. It's good for story and lore 100%, but you could easily read that somewhere else. IMO it's a pretty mediocre RPG, especially considering so many great ones were out before it.

ConanTheStoner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ConanTheStoner
Member since 2011 • 23712 Posts

I'd take the worst Souls game over the best Witcher game pretty easily.

Renegade_Fury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 Renegade_Fury
Member since 2003 • 21701 Posts

Witcher, no question. The Souls games are too boring and slow for me.

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Cloud_imperium

@Crypt_mx said:
@Cloud_imperium said:
@Crypt_mx said:

@Planeforger said:

Agreed.

I don't care what anyone says, The Witcher 1 is a pretty brutal game from a gameplay perspective. It's un-polished, choppy, combat isn't nearly as good, its much smaller in scope, its repetitive and so on. It's good for story and lore 100%, but you could easily read that somewhere else. IMO it's a pretty mediocre RPG, especially considering so many great ones were out before it.

If you didn't like it then fine. It's just matter of preference but I wouldn't say "don't play it people". I think everyone should give it a try. I wasn't sure myself and gameplay videos looked lame but I loved it when I played it myself. It's one of the best RPGs IMO.

It's better RPG than Witcher 2. As for "Repetition", 90+% RPGs are based around killing foes and earning XP and Witcher 1 is no different. Quests themselves are really good. Sure the game takes some time to pick up but when it does, it's hard to let it go IMO.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#24 cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

Well neither destroys the other Imo. Demons Souls destroys Alpha Protocol. The Witcher and Souls games are easily in the same ball park.

It's all subjective. Souls are quality games but I no longer have the time nor desire to be punished. I play games for entertainment and completing the soulsborne games feels like work now. I have to get into a serious mindset to play them and that defeats the point of entertainment to me now. Witcher every day of the week and twice on Sunday

LustForSoul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 LustForSoul
Member since 2011 • 6404 Posts

The Witcher 3 is the only game I like on that list. So it beats everything else.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50556 Posts

Easily Souls.

Best thing to come from video games since PS2 era.

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts

Nothing comes close to the souls series. Each game offers too much good stuff.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22374 Posts

Witcher 3 obviously.

Crypt_mx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Crypt_mx

@Cloud_imperium: If you're going to play it purely for story, characters and lore it might be worth it. But the gameplay is absolutely lacking, especially for a 2007 RPG. With Witcher 2 and 3 out I honestly cannot recommend playing the first. If you do recommend it that's all fine and dandy.

It's just hard for me to find positives about the gameplay, that's all.

John_of_Rivia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 John_of_Rivia
Member since 2015 • 232 Posts

The witcher 2 is comparable to many of the games in the soul series. The Witcher 3 is better than any of them, so much so that I'd give it to the witcher series.

Besides, is it fair to compare the 2 when one series has 5 games and the other one has 3.

Kruiz_Bathory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#31 Kruiz_Bathory
Member since 2009 • 4765 Posts

I'd take Demon's Souls over any other Souls/Bloodborne.

As for The Witcher...man I can't get past the shitty clunky feeling of 3. I played the first one a little bit but I didn't feel it. I might go back one day since I still have it installed.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts

I've played Dark Souls and Dark Souls 3 like A LOT, I love how hard it is and how it makes you a better player overall.

I tried the Witcher 3 and just couldn't stand the dumb combat mechanics, I can't stand easy mode games with dumb play mechanics that you master in a couple of hours. With that said Souls wins without much effort.

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

Witcher 3 is very good but isn't better than Demon Souls let alone all three Dark Souls games and Bloodborn. Witcher 2 was meh and Witcher was bleh so that's all there is to it.

DragonfireXZ95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By DragonfireXZ95
Member since 2005 • 26645 Posts

@Maroxad said:

I didnt really like Witcher 1 all that much, and I couldnt really get bothered with Witcher 2 and 3.

I have Witcher 2 on my steam account (or GOG account, cant remember which), but I never bothered playing it after I installed it. Far too many strikes for my personal tastes.

1. Shitty ARPG combat
  2. RPG without character creation
  3. Lack of trust in developers
  4. Overall dull gameplay
  5. Freeroam open world game (For Witcher 3 that is)

The Souls games on the other hand, are legit fun. Getting more or less every aspect fairly well done. Which is extremely rare for an RPG.

K.

Guess you can't get much more biased when it comes to video games.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 cainetao11  Online

@Cloud_imperium: As for "Repetition", 90+% RPGs are based around killing foes and earning XP and Witcher 1 is no different. Quests themselves are really good. Sure the game takes some time to pick up but when it does, it's hard to let it go IMO.

Right? Bloodborne, Demons, Dark souls were very repetitious as well. Meet challenging enemies, fight them one at a time as best as you can, collect souls/echoes, lvl up, get to boss, die, try again, blah blah.

flipclic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 flipclic
Member since 2004 • 271 Posts

But it's always challenging, even minions can kill you if they block you into a tight spot. That's fun, you always have to bring your A game.

Zethrickk382

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Zethrickk382
Member since 2013 • 480 Posts

Souls by a long shot. It's not even close imo.

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Love Souls series for the pure gameplay and challenge aspect of it, great atmosphere and enemies presentation, but its Witcher 3 for me. Witcher 3 totality of its presentation of the open world with narrative and even progression from the NPCs takes it.

PutASpongeOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#39  Edited By PutASpongeOn
Member since 2014 • 4897 Posts

The Witcher 3 is a better video game than all of those combined.

The fact is that fromsoft has released a new game every year. pretty much, the witcher 3 has been getting made since before dark souls 1 came out.

The Witcher 1 should be compared to something like Iraroji VOW, both being 2007 games.

Seriously "oh hey, let's compare a game from 2007 to a game that came out in 2012-2014

It's not really a good comparison.

The only series that can constantly bring out quality in an annual series is Yakuza, and that's because they reuse the city and build upon it and focusing on added stuff like combat mechanics, great characters, great story, more side content, etc etc

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Cloud_imperium

@cainetao11 said:

@Cloud_imperium: As for "Repetition", 90+% RPGs are based around killing foes and earning XP and Witcher 1 is no different. Quests themselves are really good. Sure the game takes some time to pick up but when it does, it's hard to let it go IMO.

Right? Bloodborne, Demons, Dark souls were very repetitious as well. Meet challenging enemies, fight them one at a time as best as you can, collect souls/echoes, lvl up, get to boss, die, try again, blah blah.

I know right. Some of these excuses are hilarious. Some people go too far to hate something they are not into or suck at it.

thepclovingguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By thepclovingguy
Member since 2016 • 2059 Posts

Both games are basically rolling simulators, but I still enjoy playing them nonetheless. The witcher games are more story focused games while soul games mainly focuses on gameplay.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#42 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

That's the thing, I can't compare these 2 series, one is action-rpg(dark souls), and the other is RPG(Witcher). The main difference lies in the very detailed storyline and character development/dialogue of Witcher. It's 2 very different experiences and depending on my mood, I'll be wanting to play one or the other....don't really have a preference but these days, due to time limitations, I'm gravitating more towards action-rpg games like DArk Souls.

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#43  Edited By Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

For me and I think a lot of other people it goes like this....

The Souls/Bloodborne series for Gameplay

The Witcher series for everything else.

I prefer souls because of the Gameplay. I have Witcher 1 and 2 on my pc and can't finish them, I just can't stand the gameplay long enough. Never felt that way with Souls.

delta3074

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 delta3074
Member since 2007 • 20003 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Elder Scrolls

I completely agree, Cannot wait for Skyrim Special edition

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

For me, the Souls series. Loves Bloodborne, but it felt a little pared down for me. Witcher 3? Sorry, fans, tried to like it...just lost interest.

Imperator7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Imperator7
Member since 2016 • 79 Posts

I love both series and have played Witcher 1,2,3, Dark Souls, Dark Souls 2, and Demon Souls (still need to play Bloodborne and Dark Souls 3). World building/voice acting, story - Witcher hands down.

Combat - Souls games.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By cainetao11  Online

@clone01: For me, the Souls series. Loves Bloodborne, but it felt a little pared down for me. Witcher 3? Sorry, fans, tried to like it...just lost interest"

No need to apologize brethren. It's this that I love about people. Entertainment is subjective.

I liked playing demons and dark souls. Really enjoyed bloodborne for a while. I haven't fined it or played DS2&3 because they began to feel less like fun entertainment and more like work to me. I'd play Witcher 2&3 over any of those 100 times now. I have more fun with them and that's what this hobby is about to me.

indzman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 indzman
Member since 2006 • 27736 Posts

@silversix_ said:

Nothing comes close to the souls series. Each game offers too much good stuff.

wassup sunbro , let's praise the sun !!!

skektek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 skektek
Member since 2004 • 6530 Posts

Soulsborne. All the entries have been solid (even DS2). With DS1 and BB being different enough to keep the series fresh.

The Witcher series really only has 1 really good entry.

robokill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By robokill
Member since 2007 • 1392 Posts

After playing all the Souls games I'd say Witcher 3 is better by a fair margin for a substantial number of reasons. Reviews reflect that. Dark Souls 3 had an 8 I think, DS2 8 or 9. Witcher 3 at 45fps or more is the best rpg around today. He can do somersaults underwater and slice people in half or chop their heads off. The amount of things to do is just ridiculous, constantly rewarding constantly fun. I can't even fathom going back to Souls, bleck.