Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide: Sounds terrible. Now Link's Awakening in bed, on the train, and at the laundromat sounds divine.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#52 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

The Switcher.

Cue a load of people who previously bashed it calling the game "one of the best ever" because they get the worst version FULL PRICE while PC owners can get vastly better version of the game for around 10 quid right now on GOG.

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#53 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@DocSanchez: The Switcher, I like that.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

@briguyb13: I have both, and rarley use the switch in portable mode. I would also never buy these watered down 3rd party games for the switch.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46218 Posts

I applaud them for getting this massive game to run on the switch (a tablet basically).

But the downgrade is insane:

Top is an official screenshot, bottom is one I took in 2015

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@vfighter said:

@briguyb13: I have both, and rarley use the switch in portable mode. I would also never buy these watered down 3rd party games for the switch.

Then you should only buy third party games on PC, because they're also watered down on PS4.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d78760d7d740
deactivated-5d78760d7d740

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#57 deactivated-5d78760d7d740
Member since 2009 • 16386 Posts
@FireEmblem_Man said:

@XVision84: way to clickbait your topic title

It's all about stretching the truth ;)

Kali-B1rd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Kali-B1rd
Member since 2018 • 2241 Posts
@scatteh316 said:

Strip a game back enough and it'll run on anything..........but it stops being that same game.

This is hilarious coming from any console peasants.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

If I enjoyed the game .... it be a no brainer to get this on switch as well.

Will be double dipping on Doom instead on day 1.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 scatteh316
Member since 2004 • 10273 Posts
@nintendoboy16 said:

All I'm seeing is Witcher 3 on Switch being the RE2 64 of it's time.

Except I don't remember N64 having to run RE2 at massively reduced settings and 8x lower resolution then other versions...

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 mazuiface
Member since 2016 • 1604 Posts

GOTY edition is 15 bucks on PC right now. Grab it right now if you haven't played it before.

Are they actually asking $60 for this?

Son-Goku7523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 Son-Goku7523
Member since 2019 • 955 Posts

Why did they even bother?

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@XVision84: so, you're an Ms fan, you're making fun of the switch but missed out on the best games of the generation like switch and PS exclusives? ROFL.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#64 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@briguyb13 said:

Instead of being a fanboy douche, how about giving credit where it's due? The whole game on a small cartridge, and a game that big and amazing running on a handheld.

Being on a small cartridge is no feat. You do realize these exist, don't you? https://www.amazon.com/1024GB-Card-Cameras-Android-Smartphones/dp/B07RPF1RST/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?keywords=1tb+sd+card&qid=1560329958&s=gateway&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1

You realize these are fake, right?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#65 BassMan  Online
Member since 2002 • 17803 Posts

TW3 Switch version....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@calvincfb: I'm already playing the best games of this generation with Forza and Crackdown, my guy.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22651 Posts

Honestly, who cares?

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 TheEroica  Moderator

@ajstyles said:

LMAO.

Nintendo is the only company in history to go backwards in resolution and graphics.

That is just pathetic and sheep are still going to defend his trash.

Right? Makes it even funnier when the monthly sales figures comes in and switch is on top... Lol!

Calvincfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Calvincfb
Member since 2018 • 0 Posts

@XVision84 said:

@calvincfb: I'm already playing the best games of this generation with Forza and Crackdown, my guy.

HAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHAH

You HAVE to be joking.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 mazuiface

@Planeforger said:

*** The publishers pull off technical wizardry to get The Witcher 3 working on a single cartridge on a handheld device ***

Cows: NiNtEnDo SuCkzOrS!

Yet this thread is made by an MS fan.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 BassMan  Online

@TheEroica said:

Honestly, who cares?

Those who care about quality.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

Why are people impressed that they got this game to fit on a 32GB cartridge?...

I mean they have Doom on the Switch and that game is a 70GB file on Steam and Witcher 3 is 38GB.

I wonder if they created new settings for the Switch version like they did with Doom where it had settings lower than lowest on PC.

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@Planeforger said:

*** The publishers pull off technical wizardry to get The Witcher 3 working on a single cartridge on a handheld device ***

Cows: NiNtEnDo SuCkzOrS!

potato mode mods exist for many games on PC, which can be played on the go. This doesn't mean you should advocate for them over their superior counterparts. Why should you? Because it's running on a nintendo piece of hardware?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 deactivated-5d78760d7d740

@calvincfb: Why would I be joking? Sony only knows how to make action adventure games and Nintendo is for children. Microsoft handles mature and tough themes across many genres.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@BassMan said:
@TheEroica said:

Honestly, who cares?

Those who claim to "care about quality" and miss the concept that playing a massive open world game like that on the go is the epitome of "quality"....

Let's not play games. You are speaking about your obsession with graphic quality and that is entirely different. I obsess over gameplay, myself.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 DocSanchez
@TheEroica said:
@BassMan said:
@TheEroica said:

Honestly, who cares?

Those who claim to "care about quality" and miss the concept that playing a massive open world game like that on the go is the epitome of "quality"....

Let's not play games. You are speaking about your obsession with graphic quality and that is entirely different. I obsess over gameplay, myself.

Games like these are unsuited to playing on the go. They require masses of time and concentration. This notion that gaming on the go is a benefit to any game needs to go away. For multiplayer games, sure, for arcade, short burst of fun, sure, but The Witcher? People will play this hooked up to their TV.

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 mazuiface

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I mean they have Doom on the Switch and that game is a 70GB file on Steam and Witcher 3 is 38GB.

I wonder if they created new settings for the Switch version like they did with Doom where it had settings lower than lowest on PC.

My guess is that a people are letting their Nintendo tinted glasses color their outlook on this game - I agree with what you are saying about the technical aspects of this game. I bet most of what they needed to do to make it fit was include *new* low res textures, etc. lower than the lowest setting on PC.

It really depends on the price though. If they are asking any more than $30 for this, it would be self-punishment for those who buy it. The portability of the Switch might make it a little novel, but most people play their Switch docked anyway.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 BassMan  Online

@TheEroica said:
@BassMan said:
@TheEroica said:

Honestly, who cares?

Low resolution, shit frame rate, downgraded assets, downgraded world simulation, etc. all effect the immersion and enjoyment of the game. All those sacrifices are not worth it for portability. This port is an insult to the greatness that is The Witcher 3.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@ajstyles said:

LMAO.

Nintendo is the only company in history to go backwards in resolution and graphics.

That is just pathetic and sheep are still going to defend his trash.

You're laughing at Nintendo while Witcher3 looks and runs like shit on PS4 too.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12181 Posts

I applaud them for even trying. You got the Switch for fun playing on the go version and the X1X version for HDR something even the PC version doesn't have.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator

@DocSanchez: that is just not true.... I put 120+ hours into Skyrim switch and I could only muster half that on my 360 years ago, just as an example

Handheld AAA games sacrifice graphic performance and everyone who buys it goes into it knowing it. The switch offers a gaming lifestyle that the others don't and when a huge AAA arrives and plays consistent to the hardwares potential, we have lots to be excited for.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@DocSanchez: that is just not true.... I put 120+ hours into Skyrim switch and I could only muster half that on my 360 years ago, just as an example

Handheld AAA games sacrifice graphic performance and everyone who buys it goes into it knowing it. The switch offers a gaming lifestyle that the others don't and when a huge AAA arrives and plays consistent to the hardwares potential, we have lots to be excited for.

These people laughing are the funny ones, like switch owners don't already know it will be different? And yet I adored Doom and Wolfenstein II on switch. They played fantastic, cut scenes were top quality, and gameplay is king.

Even doom at 30fps had an incredibly nice old school feel to it. Meanwhile they're all secretly playing games on the lowest settings on their PC's bragging about a high end graphics engine they can't even afford.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 DocSanchez
@TheEroica said:

YOU may have put a lot of time into it, because it's a great game. Witcher 3 will still be a great game. But these are not "Suited" to handhelds or enhanced by on the go experience at all. The small screen is going to be an issue, the battery, certainly, the nature of hours and hours playing on this tiny screen with these issues, not in the comfort of your home (because why wouldnt you plug it in?) but the distracting world outside?. People just throw lazily about the idea that gaming on the go is always a benefit. It just isn't. This will be played on nearly everyone's TV. I guarantee it.

I have a handheld capable of playing Shenmue. I had fantasies of playing it everywhere, and outside, on the go, on the bus or in the car, waste of time.

This is nothing to be excited for. It's out there, for next to nothing, at vastly better quality elsewhere, and you are going to pay $60 for a version with no real enhancements to a game like this? No.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@mazuiface said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

My guess is that a people are letting their Nintendo tinted glasses color their outlook on this game - I agree with what you are saying about the technical aspects of this game. I bet most of what they needed to do to make it fit was include *new* low res textures, etc. lower than the lowest setting on PC.

It really depends on the price though. If they are asking any more than $30 for this, it would be self-punishment for those who buy it. The portability of the Switch might make it a little novel, but most people play their Switch docked anyway.

I don't get people who get hung up on the price.

It doesn't cost zero dollars to port a game. It's a whole process, takes time and money. It's a new game on SWITCH. Doesn't matter that it's being sold for two cents on steam. It's been on that platform since 2015. It's on switch, NOW, TODAY, for the first time. And yes, switch comes with its special feature of portability and thus will be priced accordingly.

Gamers always sound so cheap, me thinks you need to find a cheaper hobby if money is your greatest concern.

Perhaps knitting. Although the cost of yarn is going up...

Valgaav_219

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#85 Valgaav_219
Member since 2017 • 3129 Posts

@FinalFighters said:

anybody who's playing this game for the first time on a nintendo switch should get kicked in the groin

This made me lol

mazuiface

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 mazuiface

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@mazuiface said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

I don't get people who get hung up on the price.

It doesn't cost zero dollars to port a game. It's a whole process, takes time and money. It's a new game on SWITCH. Doesn't matter that it's being sold for two cents on steam. It's been on that platform since 2015. It's on switch, NOW, TODAY, for the first time. And yes, switch comes with its special feature of portability and thus will be priced accordingly.

Gamers always sound so cheap, me thinks you need to find a cheaper hobby if money is your greatest concern.

Perhaps knitting. Although the cost of yarn is going up...

Behind the fact that my basic rational assessment of this game incurred some anger from you is the fact that you fail to realize that, upon the release of this game on Switch, it will also still be available for other platforms, as it already is. If this version is priced too high, it will further remove incentive for those who haven't played it to simply purchase it on another platform, while maintaining better visual quality and saving a decent amount of money (based on the price, of course).

That this simple fact bothers you so much is amusing to me. Nothing is stopping you from saving money and getting this game from 2015 on your PS4/Pro, One/X, or even PC if you own any of those. If the game does release at 60 USD, and you do choose to buy it, that is all on you, not other gamers who are enjoying it or have enjoyed it for being so cheap as you prescribe. Don't worry though - there are still plenty of other games to play on Switch which run much better on the hardware - this is just not the best port, as a technical analysis shows.

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By scatteh316
@kali-b1rd said:
@scatteh316 said:

Strip a game back enough and it'll run on anything..........but it stops being that same game.

Good job I have a gaming PC with a GTX1070 then, what GPU you rocking in your PC again??..........clown

scatteh316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89 scatteh316
@getyeryayasout said:

If a game isn't good because of a graphical downgrade, was it ever a good game?

Yes because graphics are on the ONLY thing that can be downgraded in a game....... :/

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#90  Edited By lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61477 Posts

@scatteh316 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Good job I have a gaming PC with a GTX1070 then, what GPU you rocking in your PC again??..........clown

I'll bet my bottom dollar that it's better than a 1070... I have one in my closet, if you'd like a spare.

NerdRAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#92 NerdRAGE
Member since 2019 • 35 Posts

Already played/completed this game a long time ago, but I'm really curious to see how the final Switch version will turn out.

DF's take on this is a bit more optimistic than OP's.

[Full DF Article]

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@kali-b1rd said:
@scatteh316 said:

Not even the regular xbone reached resolutions that low this gen, so no, it isn't really.

This begs the question: so why would you defend the switch version this way then? It's significantly worse than what "console peasants" play on.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94 TheEroica  Moderator

@DocSanchez said:
@TheEroica said:

YOU may have put a lot of time into it, because it's a great game. Witcher 3 will still be a great game. But these are not "Suited" to handhelds or enhanced by on the go experience at all. The small screen is going to be an issue, the battery, certainly, the nature of hours and hours playing on this tiny screen with these issues, not in the comfort of your home (because why wouldnt you plug it in?) but the distracting world outside?. People just throw lazily about the idea that gaming on the go is always a benefit. It just isn't. This will be played on nearly everyone's TV. I guarantee it.

I have a handheld capable of playing Shenmue. I had fantasies of playing it everywhere, and outside, on the go, on the bus or in the car, waste of time.

This is nothing to be excited for. It's out there, for next to nothing, at vastly better quality elsewhere, and you are going to pay $60 for a version with no real enhancements to a game like this? No.

"these are not "Suited" to handhelds or enhanced by on the go experience at all."

Just no.... Dude, I can respect that we may be at different places in life and you may not appreciate the value of being at your kids 4 hour swim meet waiting with Bayonetta 2 or Skyrim to play, but someday you'll be there and you'll understand how "enhanced" the experience is.

I would gladly take every new release on my switch over my 4k. I have a thousand hours of gameplay in handheld mode and maybe a total of a dozen docked.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
deactivated-5f4e2292197f1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 deactivated-5f4e2292197f1
Member since 2015 • 1374 Posts

@ajstyles: Nintendo is only company who can convinced the industry that their handheld tablet is a console. If PSP Go was sold with its dock, no one would believe them that it's a console, of course Sony has AAA games that won't fit on it.

Honestly the most surprising thing is that no one has done this yet, and even more shocking that no one has copied them.

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

@son-goku7523 said:

Why did they even bother?

I doubt CD Project woke up one day and said, "hey, you know what would be great, let's take a little time from developing Cyberpunk and port this 4 year old game to Switch". I'm sure the answer was $$$, as in Nintendo paid somebody to do it regardless of the technical limitations (I would assume it's not even CD Project Red doing the port, or at least it would surprise me if they assigned any of their important staff to do a project such as this).

I don't think it's a bad thing. Nintendo obviously wants to do away with the idea that they don't get 3rd parties. They obviously aren't at parity, but getting late ports is better than nothing. Though if the game has to go all the way down to 540p, that obviously makes it a questionable choice from a technical perspective. Even last gen when consoles were struggling with hitting even 720p, games had to go sub-HD but I don't remember too many going down to 540p.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#98 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

@briguyb13 said:
@XVision84 said:

@briguyb13: Neither, I'm an avid Microsoft fan. Halo. Gears. Forza. What more could you want? All in 4k and with project xcloud you can stream it all anywhere.

Nah you're a hardcore pony. But do you have more platinum trophies than me?

Pfft, 20 plats is your highlight on PSN?

Avatar image for deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
deactivated-5ea0704839e9e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99 deactivated-5ea0704839e9e
Member since 2017 • 2335 Posts

Nice to see Switch get a full fledged Definitive Edition. Never bothered to get the ps4 one so i guess now is the time.

Avatar image for deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100 deactivated-618bc23e9b1c9
Member since 2007 • 7339 Posts

@Ant_17 said:
@briguyb13 said:
@XVision84 said:

@briguyb13: Neither, I'm an avid Microsoft fan. Halo. Gears. Forza. What more could you want? All in 4k and with project xcloud you can stream it all anywhere.

Nah you're a hardcore pony. But do you have more platinum trophies than me?

Pfft, 20 plats is your highlight on PSN?

I wasn't being serious. Ask anyone who knows me, I'm not a trophy hunter (obviously) and just go after the ones in games I really like. I generally put a lot of time in all my systems, and replay a lot of games just for fun. (not that there's anything wrong with trophy hunting)