Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#201 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

You are the stupid one. Your entire schtick on this forum was using Xbox to troll PlayStation, but you can't do it any more so now it's all about PC for you. You're a joke. I don't give **** what you platform you play games on. You were wrong and I called you out. Deal with it.

No, my entire thing has been to just troll Sony and their stupid fanboys. Nothing has changed. Also, I wasn't completely wrong, its not gonna be 60FPS. Deal with it.

You might have a point if I had actually claimed it would run at 60fps, but I didn't. Try not to move the goalposts.

What you claimed is irrelevant. I originally said it was gonna be 900p/30fps. Im half right. Try not to move the goalposts.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#202 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@mems_1224 said:

Why would I care how TW3 plays on the Xbone? Im gonna be playing the superior PC version. Try again stupid

Lol another lemming hiding on PC....

MOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..haahahhaha

Gue1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#203  Edited By Gue1
Member since 2004 • 12171 Posts

@tormentos said:

@mems_1224 said:

Why would I care how TW3 plays on the Xbone? Im gonna be playing the superior PC version. Try again stupid

they were callin us out just a couple of years ago but look at them now. Lems be like:

* I'm a herm now!

* I don't care about xbone anymore!

Something cows didn't do, we still cared for our PS3's till the end. PC was just for those semi-exclusive games on the 360 like the first Gears or Mass Effect and maybe a bad PS3 port.

But then you say some shit about the xbone and they feel butthurt. Now the only question left is... Why?

mems_1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#204 mems_1224
Member since 2004 • 56919 Posts

@Gue1 said:

@tormentos said:

@mems_1224 said:

they were callin us out just a couple of years ago but look at them now. Lems be like:

* I'm a herm now!

* I don't care about xbone anymore!

Something cows didn't do, we still cared for our PS3's till the end. PC was just for those semi-exclusive games on the 360 like the first Gears or Mass Effect and maybe a bad PS3 port.

But then you say some shit about the xbone and they feel butthurt. Now the only question left is... Why?

I never claimed I was a hermit and never said I didn't care about the X1. Try again dummies

GhoX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#205 GhoX
Member since 2006 • 6267 Posts

If it's anything like Witcher 2, then there should be a "Very High" and "Ultra" option, with mods allowing you to go beyond the settings.

I'll be playing at 1440p... for now. Really considering jumping ship to 4K, but I want to wait for GTX 800 series.

Avatar image for stereointegrity
stereointegrity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#206 stereointegrity
Member since 2007 • 12151 Posts

@GhoX said:

If it's anything like Witcher 2, then there should be a "Very High" and "Ultra" option, with mods allowing you to go beyond the settings.

I'll be playing at 1440p... for now. Really considering jumping ship to 4K, but I want to wait for GTX 800 series.

sometime this year ill be making the jump to a samsung 4k tv...for now tho my monitor stays at 1080p

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#207  Edited By Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#208  Edited By ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@musicalmac:

@musicalmac said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

It shouldn't have come as shock to be honest.

The PS3 cost more to manufacture than what it was sold for and Sony ended up losing millions... I don't think any console manufacturer will ever make a console at a loss again and when you take into account the success of the Wii its not surprising at all.

And of course then theirs the technical side of things... TDP and heat. Consoles are small closed boxes with little cooling so they could never put in a R9 290X in there that require 300w on its own and is and is twice as hard to cool as a 85w 7870 hybrid they have in the PS4. Sony also had a goal of not exceeding 250watts total soon as I heard this I knew it wasn't going to be a beast.

Maybe you and I have different expectations of excellence then. I had hoped we'd get more than a console that can push a few more triangles, but here we are.

EDIT: My iMac is a quad core Ivy Bridge i7 and it comes equipped with a modified 680 capable of maxing out Far Cry 3 @1440p (2x antialiasing). It's thinner than thin. I expected more power from both consoles and I don't think it was too unreasonable to do so.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX is based GF104 and it's a similar performance class as with AMD Radeon HD R9 M290X (based on AMD Pitcairn/Neptune GCN).

http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GTX-680MX.83519.0.html

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680MX has 122 watts TDP.

AMD Radeon HD R9 M290X has 100 watts TDP.

PC mobility parts usually has lower electrical resistance i.e. best premium silicon yields, hence higher cost.

In comparison to PS4's 1.84 TFLOPS GCN solution, AMD Radeon HD R9 M290X has 2.304 TFLOPS at 900Mhz with 4 GB GDDR5.