The Witcher 3 out in February 2015, looks godlike

• 162 results
Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#51 Edited by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Lol at the mad cows in this thread

Pretty sure cows get to play The Witcher 3 too and it will sell best on PS4 like every other game.

lol best version is gonna be the one thats probably 900p/30fps?

sorry chump, CDPR is a PC developer first.

Butthurt Microsoft lover so quick to jump at chance dump on Sony that can't even read properly. i said it will sell best on PS4. I'm not crazy, I know PC will have the best version. Also don't be so sure it won't be 1080p. CD Projekt Red isn't Ubisoft.

#52 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -
@lostrib said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Pretty sure cows get to play The Witcher 3 too and it will sell best on PS4 like every other game.

Um, what?

The Witcher 3 will sell the most copies on PS4.

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Butthurt Microsoft lover so quick to jump at chance dump on Sony that can't even read properly. i said it will sell best on PS4. I'm not crazy, I know PC will have the best version. Also don't be so sure it won't be 1080p. CD Projekt Red isn't Ubisoft.

#53 Posted by freedomfreak (49800 posts) -

"Mems is a lem because my cow mind is so easily trolled"

That's every cow on this board.

#54 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@NFJSupreme said:

It wont sell the best on PS4 either. They already have a big established PC fanbase as opposed to no fanbase on the PS4. It won't be 1080. I will put any amount of money on that.

#55 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:
@lostrib said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Um, what?

Not really sure how you came to that conclusion

or that "every other game " sells best on PS4

#56 Posted by dommeus (9433 posts) -

So did the live stream only have the trailer? For some reason I though there was gonna be a gameplay trailer with a runthrough of a particular section/s

#57 Posted by NFJSupreme (6490 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine: it won't be 1080p. CDPR has already said that.

#58 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

I'll probably watch "The Witcher" and "The Witcher 2" movies on YouTube where someone puts all the cutscenes and important game play together. No room for too more long games in my backlog. Plus I read the combat in The Witcher games so far has been very clunky. Supposedly that will be improved for the finale.

#59 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

@NFJSupreme: No they haven't unless they said it today. Link?

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@NFJSupreme said:

It wont sell the best on PS4 either. They already have a big established PC fanbase as opposed to no fanbase on the PS4. It won't be 1080. I will put any amount of money on that.

How many copies did the last game sell on PC?

#60 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine: Your comments are laughable at best mate.

#61 Posted by Cloud_imperium (14291 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:
@lostrib said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@NFJSupreme said:

Um, what?

Just like how Witcher 2 sold best on Xbox .? Come on man . Witcher have no fanbase on Playstation . It'll sell more on PC since fanbase is much bigger there , just like Witcher 2 , Portal 2 , Diablo 3 and so on . All of them sold best on PC .

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#62 Edited by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -
@StrongBlackVine said:

@freedomfreak said:

I'll probably watch "The Witcher" and "The Witcher 2" movies on YouTube where someone puts all the cutscenes and important game play together. No room for too more long games in my backlog. Plus I read the combat in The Witcher games so far has been very clunky. Supposedly that will be improved for the finale.

haha

#63 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@NFJSupreme said:

changing goals already?

#64 Posted by freedomfreak (49800 posts) -
@StrongBlackVine said:

Well, if anything, cows know everything about watching movies, so I have no doubt that you will be successful in this little adventure.

#65 Edited by AM-Gamer (8116 posts) -

Looks awesome can't wait.

#66 Edited by DEadliNE-Zero0 (6607 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@NFJSupreme said:

I think VGchartz is against the rules, but, even without digital downloads, PC sold more. The entire witcher series sold 6 million.

And The witcher as no presence on the PS. The xbox has 5x more chances of selling more copies than them. But most will probably come from PC of course, because that's where the fanbase is. Just as an example, Mass Effect 3 sold far more on the 360, because that's where the game was born.

#67 Edited by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

@deadline-zero0 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@NFJSupreme said:

I think VGchartz is against the rules, but, even without digital downloads, PC sold more. The entire witcher series sold 6 million.

And The witcher as no presence on the PS. The xbox has 5x more chances of selling more copies than them. But most will probably come from PC of course, because that's where the fanbase is. Just as an example, Mass Effect 3 sold far more on the 360, because that's where the game was born.

You are probably right that it won't sell as much because the previous two weren't on PlayStation. I'm still excited for the game despite not trying the first two.

#68 Edited by MillCityMadman (26 posts) -

Impressive looking for sure. This game is going to look stunning on the 4k monitor I will be playing it on, yes 2015 is shaping up to be epic.

#69 Edited by B4X (5660 posts) -

Sweet mother of Baby Jesus.....Why show this when my patients of waiting for these 2015 games is THIN!

#70 Posted by lundy86_4 (48574 posts) -

@Pray_to_me said:

Last Gen Quality confirmed. Looks like Windowsites gonna have to wait a few more years till next gen.

Sorrie Hermies! LMFAO.

LMFAO!

-----

OT: Game looks ballin' as shit.

#71 Edited by IgGy621985 (5439 posts) -

Guys, download the 635 MB 1080p trailer here.

Stills from the trailer:

I'm guessing most of the stuff shown in the trailer is actually in-game. This looks freaking incredible.

#72 Posted by lundy86_4 (48574 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

You may want to avoid painting yourself into a corner.

#73 Posted by cainetao11 (32464 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

@Pray_to_me: Dude, you took a screenshot from Youtube trailer, and from the looks of it, it was on the low quality :-/

I don't understand the graphics nitpicking to begin with, but as people said after the Order stream, why would anyone judge it on a video stream?

#74 Posted by cainetao11 (32464 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Be sure to play the other ones! You don't just wanna jump into Witcher 3!

I am on play through of 1 & 2 number 3. I also am on Blood of Elves the second book. Such a great world and characters

#75 Posted by B4X (5660 posts) -

@IgGy621985: Stop Damn you!! Could you just do this in January.

It's killing me!!

#76 Posted by freedomfreak (49800 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:

I am on play through of 1 & 2 number 3. I also am on Blood of Elves the second book. Such a great world and characters

Right? I feel that's something you need to get acquainted with before jumping into 3. From that trailer alone, I saw that they're bringing a bunch of characters back in, and you'd feel so lost going in without previous' games knowledge.

#77 Posted by cainetao11 (32464 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@cainetao11 said:

Right? I feel that's something you need to get acquainted with before jumping into 3. From that trailer alone, I saw that they're bringing a bunch of characters back in, and you'd feel so lost going in without previous' games knowledge.

No doubt. Plus all the nods to what Geralt has been through with the Wild Hunt. Must play the first two.

#78 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@cainetao11 said:

they will add something into the game that explains the story of both games.

#79 Posted by freedomfreak (49800 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:

No doubt. Plus all the nods to what Geralt has been through with the Wild Hunt. Must play the first two.

Exactly.

@lawlessx said:

A nice, little comic? I know they did in TW2. Something in the main menu that explained some stuff about the first one.

I have no doubt they will though, seeing as how they're going full multiplat with this one.

#80 Edited by cainetao11 (32464 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@freedomfreak said:
@cainetao11 said:

Having played the Witcher 2 on 360, before getting the first and second on steam, it didn't. But some people prefer what they do, and some don't want to experience stories. I'm not one of them.

#81 Posted by lundy86_4 (48574 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:

A nice, little comic? I know they did in TW2. Something in the main menu that explained some stuff about the first one.

I have no doubt they will though, seeing as how they're going full multiplat with this one.

Summing up TW2 in a comic is just downright sacrilegious. TW1 summed up in a comic was fine, because it was pretty bad in terms of gameplay. TW2 was just ballin'.

#82 Posted by freedomfreak (49800 posts) -
@lundy86_4 said:

Summing up TW2 in a comic is just downright sacrilegious. TW1 summed up in a comic was fine, because it was pretty bad in terms of gameplay. TW2 was just ballin'.

I totally agree with that, although I wubz the first Witcher, but yeah, wasn't because of the gameplay, exactly.

#83 Posted by faizan_faizan (7869 posts) -

There's some kind of purple fringing effect which makes the game even more vibrant. That's some good art direction by CDPR.

#84 Posted by lundy86_4 (48574 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I totally agree with that, although I wubz the first Witcher, but yeah, wasn't because of the gameplay, exactly.

Well, it definitely made me fall in love with the series. Maybe it deserved more than a comic...

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#85 Edited by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

Yep, looks fantastic! Can't wait

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#86 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@freedomfreak said:
@StrongBlackVine said:

Well, if anything, cows know everything about watching movies, so I have no doubt that you will be successful in this little adventure.

Damn freedom you're on a roll in here lol

#88 Posted by Liquid_ (3818 posts) -

Am I the only one who was under impressed with the Witcher series? The gameplay is so basic and stiff; even the story is boring most of the time. Reminds me of WoW

Avatar image for Master_ShakeXXX
#89 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

Not as good as the Dragon Age Inquisition trailer, but it's ight.

#90 Posted by kunalanand50 (183 posts) -

This is my most awaited upcoming game. Easily one of the best trailers i have ever seen!

@freedomfreak Who is the girl in you sig?

#91 Posted by Flubbbs (4836 posts) -

GOTY 2015

@IgGy621985 said:

Guys, download the 635 MB 1080p trailer here.

Stills from the trailer:

I'm guessing most of the stuff shown in the trailer is actually in-game. This looks freaking incredible.

i wonder who that girl in black thats standing beside Geralt and Triss? possibly Yennefer?

#92 Posted by Legend002 (13373 posts) -

Can a game really look that good being open world?

#93 Posted by NFJSupreme (6490 posts) -

@Legend002 said:

Can a game really look that good being open world?

if you study and master the dark arts, yes.

#94 Posted by heguain (1414 posts) -

@Flubbbs:

Yes, it's Yen ;) and Ciri is the one that was running and has a white hair.

#95 Posted by hello505 (462 posts) -

I hope by GOTY you mean graphics of the year cause that's the only thing this game excels in.

#97 Posted by SteXmaN (549 posts) -
@hello505 said:

I hope by GOTY you mean graphics of the year cause that's the only thing this game excels in.

*laughs*

#98 Posted by m_machine024 (15611 posts) -

Awesome visuals and gameplay looks fun. I'll definitly check it out.

#99 Posted by GiantAssPanda (1885 posts) -

@IgGy621985 said:

Current lover and his former lover.

Poor Geralt. Must be awkward :P