The Witcher 3 - Best looking game of all time?

• 85 results
Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

The Order looks good an the Witcher looks good.

But no sh*t the Witcher will look great on a 1000$ machine.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#53 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Star Citizen says hi and ends this thread.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#54  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

Can´t say that. We seen no gameplay yet.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Yea of course there's no thread on the front page here that shows off some gameplay or anything

/end sarcasm

tonitorsi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 tonitorsi
Member since 2006 • 8692 Posts

The Order looks very orgasmic as well.

Crazy that we're getting exclusives looking this good so early.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@Ballroompirate said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Ballroompirate said:

Yea of course there's no thread on the front page here that shows off some gameplay or anything

/end sarcasm

Well its blurry and not clean pictures yet. Also more linear than Witcher 3 where has AI, Water, City, missions...

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

Why do people try to compare games running on 400 dollar hardware too a game that has been made to run with the most modern of graphics software and tech available? It doesn't make sense, the order looks like shit compared to even batman arkhum city and that game came out a year or two ago.

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#59 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

It does look incredible! I really dig this kind of landscape and the monster design (shown elsewhere) is also incredible. When tech and art comes together like this, it's just awesome. Def one of my most anticipated games!

lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#60 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Ballroompirate said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Ballroompirate said:

/end sarcasm

Well its blurry and not clean pictures yet. Also more linear than Witcher 3 where has AI, Water, City, missions...

Star citzen does have NPCs,space bases,missions,etc. what they just showed was just the dogfighting module.

Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50552 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Chutebox said:

@FoxbatAlpha: It's not CGI. But that ain't gameplay lol.

Cut scenes always looks better than gameplay.

No gameplay = no gameplay. We play gameplay not video.

Cool, nothing to do with what I said.

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts
@scottpsfan14 said:

@kalipekona said:

@epic-gamerz said:

Hermits be like....

-Try it out in 1440p very high settings @ 10fps

-try it in 720p @ 60fps high settings

-try it in 1080p medium settings, low shadows, turn off SSAO 35-60fps fluctuating

Comes on the internet bragging how ALL PC gamers enjoy their games at 1440p 60fps

You sound frustrated. I don't think I've ever seen any PC gamers here say that all PC gamers enjoy their games at 1440p and 60fps.

What I do know for sure is that both my HD 7950 and GTX 770 blow away my PS4 in every multiplatform game I have played. I have no doubt that they will also outperform the PS4 in The Witcher 3.

Have a guess why that is. Because it's more expensive hardware. You seem to actively defend the PC all the time and state the obvious PC gamer shit. Why? Do you want to teach the world the superiority of the PC platform? Well, you don't have to because guess what, you have one and can use it as much as you like. Enjoy it more. Get the most out of it before you die. We get it, PC's are more powerful. My PC is more powerful, but I still would buy a multiplatform game like Assassins Creed 4 on PS4 instead because I like console gaming. In fact, I use my PC more for emulation than PC gaming. Explain how your 7950 "blows away" the PS4 on games, or rather how you can run games with a bit more AA and slight more settings. The 780ti blows it away, your card does not. You need ridiculous hardware to really leave the PS4 in the dust. All you PC mad heads think your PC's will automatically smoke the PS4 if you have a little bit more powerful card. And dismiss the notion of optimization like it hardly matters. Get into a conversation with any developer. You might learn something.

You seem to actively overhype PS4 games all the time and put forward the same old tired Sony fanboy arguments.

I like gaming on my PC and my consoles (PS4, PS3, 360) and I will continue to do so. I only argue what I know or believe to be true, same as anyone else.

I love how you Sony fanboys always act like there is some kind of vast difference between the PS4 and XB1, but consistently turn around and downplay the PC's advantages and act like they are insignificant. You guys truly are the biggest hypocrites in gaming.

My HD 7950 and GTX 770 do generally blow away my PS4 in multiplats and I'll give you some examples. Thief runs like crap on the PS4 with massive amounts of stuttering due to irregular frame pacing and framerate drops (even though it is only targeting 30fps), while I get a solid 60fps on my PCs. On PS4 Thief also has issues with texture streaming and pop-in, and also uses crappy trilinear filtering and FXAA for anti-aliasing. On my PCs there are almost no issues with texture streaming and I can use 16x anisotropic filtering and super sample anti-aliasing. That all adds up to a big difference to me.

Another example would be Battlefield 4. It runs at 900p on PS4 with inferior post-process anti-aliasing, inferior shadow quality, lower quality particle effects, worse draw distance for plants and geometry, inferior alpha effects, and a crappy fluctuating framerate. Having higher quality graphics with higher resolutions and much smoother framerates does add up what I would consider 'blowing away the console versions'.

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By m3dude1
Member since 2007 • 2334 Posts

@kalipekona said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

@kalipekona said:

@epic-gamerz said:

Hermits be like....

-try it in 1080p medium settings, low shadows, turn off SSAO 35-60fps fluctuating

Comes on the internet bragging how ALL PC gamers enjoy their games at 1440p 60fps

You sound frustrated. I don't think I've ever seen any PC gamers here say that all PC gamers enjoy their games at 1440p and 60fps.

What I do know for sure is that both my HD 7950 and GTX 770 blow away my PS4 in every multiplatform game I have played. I have no doubt that they will also outperform the PS4 in The Witcher 3.

Have a guess why that is. Because it's more expensive hardware. You seem to actively defend the PC all the time and state the obvious PC gamer shit. Why? Do you want to teach the world the superiority of the PC platform? Well, you don't have to because guess what, you have one and can use it as much as you like. Enjoy it more. Get the most out of it before you die. We get it, PC's are more powerful. My PC is more powerful, but I still would buy a multiplatform game like Assassins Creed 4 on PS4 instead because I like console gaming. In fact, I use my PC more for emulation than PC gaming. Explain how your 7950 "blows away" the PS4 on games, or rather how you can run games with a bit more AA and slight more settings. The 780ti blows it away, your card does not. You need ridiculous hardware to really leave the PS4 in the dust. All you PC mad heads think your PC's will automatically smoke the PS4 if you have a little bit more powerful card. And dismiss the notion of optimization like it hardly matters. Get into a conversation with any developer. You might learn something.

You seem to actively overhype PS4 games all the time and put forward the same old tired Sony fanboy arguments.

I like gaming on my PC and my consoles (PS4, PS3, 360) and I will continue to do so. I only argue what I know or believe to be true, same as anyone else.

I love how you Sony fanboys always act like there is some kind of vast difference between the PS4 and XB1, but consistently turn around and downplay the PC's advantages and act like they are insignificant. You guys truly are the biggest hypocrites in gaming.

My HD 7950 and GTX 770 do generally blow away my PS4 in multiplats and I'll give you some examples. Thief runs like crap on the PS4 with massive amounts of stuttering due to irregular frame pacing and framerate drops (even though it is only targeting 30fps), while I get a solid 60fps on my PCs. On PS4 Thief also has issues with texture streaming and pop-in, and also uses crappy trilinear filtering and FXAA for anti-aliasing. On my PCs there are almost no issues with texture streaming and I can use 16x anisotropic filtering and super sample anti-aliasing. That all adds up to a big difference to me.

Another example would be Battlefield 4. It runs at 900p on PS4 with inferior post-process anti-aliasing, inferior shadow quality, lower quality particle effects, worse draw distance for plants and geometry, inferior alpha effects, and a crappy fluctuating framerate. Having higher quality graphics with higher resolutions and much smoother framerates does add up what I would consider 'blowing away the console versions'.

it uses exactly the same post processing aa as the pc version, and both of your cards perform worse than the ps4 version framerate wise if you enable any deferred aa.

Mozelleple112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#67  Edited By Mozelleple112
Member since 2011 • 11266 Posts

@lawlessx said:

@Cloud_imperium said:
@gpuking said:

The Order does a lot of new things TW3 doesn't do such as advanced cloth physics, soft body physics for every breakable objects, advanced Physically based rendering, 3d scanned material, 100k+ polys for each main character, advanced camera lens effect, 4x MSAA and much better animation. It doesn't need day and night cycle or dynamic weather sine it's not open world. Character model is already way higher than W3's and true polygon is always better than tessellated ones. We haven't seen a bright sunny day yet so it might well have volumetric sun shaft for those scenes. Just admit it, The Order looks way better and a lot of people have mistaken it for pure CGI, but none did so for TW3. Better luck with Crysis 4 on pc hermits.

Source please .?

The game is not even 1080p despite being corridor shooter and you think it'll have 4xMSAA .? Rest of the stuff you mentioned is either all 2008 tech or not confirmed anywhere .

You are comparing this :

With this .?

my god..i think i just cried alittle

Jesus Christ that looks so damn good. Is there a video of a newly released trailer or have I missed out completely? I've seen lots of talk about TW3 graphics lately... It looks PHENOMENAL (vastly superior to the current graphics king, Crysis 3)

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

hhnnnggg it looks so good. But just as anticipated to see the graphics from someone playing the game, i really want to see what they have done with the combat.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

@blangenakker said:

hhnnnggg it looks so good. But just as anticipated to see the graphics from someone playing the game, i really want to see what they have done with the combat.

My best is that the combat is still kinda crappy. It always has been in Witcher games. It might be better but still not where it needs to be

kalipekona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 kalipekona
Member since 2003 • 2492 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@kalipekona said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

@kalipekona said:

@epic-gamerz said:

Hermits be like....

it uses exactly the same post processing aa as the pc version, and both of your cards perform worse than the ps4 version framerate wise if you enable any deferred aa.

At 1000MHz my HD 7950 can run the game with all settings at 'ultra' (minus deferred anti-aliasing) and with 120% resolution scaling which is essentially downsampling the image and is similar to SSAA. The other option to get better anti-aliasing than the PS4 version would be to combine FXAA and SMAA through RadeonPro.

My GTX 770 has no problem running with at least 2x deferred anti-aliasing (MSAA) along with FXAA or resolution scaling and still offering a better framerate than the PS4 version.

stationplay_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 stationplay_4
Member since 2014 • 444 Posts

looks really good.

blangenakker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 blangenakker
Member since 2006 • 3240 Posts

@seanmcloughlin said:

@blangenakker said:

My best is that the combat is still kinda crappy. It always has been in Witcher games. It might be better but still not where it needs to be

The only direction I can see the combat going is either something like Dark Soul's combat or something similar to Batman/Sleeping Dogs

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 m3dude1

@kalipekona said:

@m3dude1 said:

@kalipekona said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

@kalipekona said:

@epic-gamerz said:

Hermits be like....

At 1000MHz my HD 7950 can run the game with all settings at 'ultra' (minus deferred anti-aliasing) and with 120% resolution scaling which is essentially downsampling the image and is similar to SSAA. The other option to get better anti-aliasing than the PS4 version would be to combine FXAA and SMAA through RadeonPro.

My GTX 770 has no problem running with at least 2x deferred anti-aliasing (MSAA) along with FXAA or resolution scaling and still offering a better framerate than the PS4 version.

yeah you can enable that 2xaa on your 770 and play with framerates worse than the ps4 version.

Avatar image for renouncereality
Renouncereality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 Renouncereality
Member since 2014 • 87 Posts

Looks absolutely amazing! CD project red have amazing attention to detail and take serious pride in their work! If only all other companies had the dedication to artistic integrity as they do

Pray_to_me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Pray_to_me
Member since 2011 • 4041 Posts

If those screens and gifs are anything to go by, Witcher 3 ain't no open world. More like open path. Similar to Witcher 2 and Uncharted.

Bear in mind that cdprojekt red are a b-grade dev team. So it's pretty impressive that they can do so much considering their talent and budgetary constraints.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@kalipekona said:

@m3dude1 said:

@kalipekona said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

@kalipekona said:

@epic-gamerz said:

Hermits be like....

yeah you can enable that 2xaa on your 770 and play with framerates worse than the ps4 version.

This has to be one of the dumbest statements I've ever read. You sir know nothing about what your talking about. System wars at it's finest.

04dcarraher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 04dcarraher
Member since 2004 • 23829 Posts

@m3dude1 said:

@kalipekona said:

@m3dude1 said:

@kalipekona said:
@scottpsfan14 said:

@kalipekona said:

@epic-gamerz said:

Hermits be like....

Your trolling LOL!

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

I wonder if The Witcher 3 will have unbearably unintuitive, crappy gameplay like The Witcher 2 did.

gpuking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By gpuking
Member since 2004 • 3914 Posts

Honestly for those who still believe The order's gifs are CG, look at this media coverage. It's bluntly stated the cutscene graphics is EXACTLY the same as the ingame ones. The game just looks that good period!

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1cjjrl_the-order-1886-merges-cg-and-gameplay-visuals-on-ps4_videogames

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@m3dude1: so you're telling me the PS4 is more powerful than a GTX 770? LOOOOOOOOOOOL

m3dude1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 m3dude1

@melonfarmerz said:

@m3dude1: so you're telling me the PS4 is more powerful than a GTX 770? LOOOOOOOOOOOL

can you read?

melonfarmerz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 melonfarmerz
Member since 2014 • 1294 Posts

@m3dude1: Oops my bad. I didn't read any of the previous comments. I used to. But after seeing your posts around the forum, I know all of your posts are anti PC cherry picked bullshit so I tend to ignore them.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@epic-gamerz said:

Hermits be like....

Some do...

I have a GTX 780 Ti with another one on the way 2560x1080 60FPS all day every day.

Those gifs really hurt you.

ProjectPat187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 ProjectPat187
Member since 2005 • 2178 Posts

@epic-gamerz said:

Hermits be like....

In other words, you hate PC gamers with Powerful gaming PC's?

Cloud_imperium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 103

User Lists: 8

#85 Cloud_imperium
Member since 2013 • 15146 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

@Ballroompirate said:

/end sarcasm

Star Citizen is not linear . It is open world with over 100 star systems . Passing through each system takes at least 30 minutes . There are over 450 locations in galaxy where you can land your ship , get out of it and explore . These areas include cities , abandoned bases , lawless planets , asteroid bases , outposts , underwater cities , alien planets with different species etc . You can even engage in first person combat when on foot , but it'll be more tactical unlike games like COD or BF4 etc . Star Citizen also have campaign , where story is character driven and ending is affected by the choices you make along the way just like RPGs . Every NPC is fully mocapped and voice acted .

happyduds77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86 happyduds77
Member since 2012 • 1688 Posts

Looks outstanding indeed, but the animations need a little work.