The Wii-U is going to be awesome.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 0

#1 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

www.techradar.com/news/gaming/consoles/wii-u-all-the-latest-details-591807

So yet again, I can't link the site. But ^^^ if you want to read details for yourself.

Here are the things mentioned that impressed me the most:

1) Will have new content (Mario, Zelda ect.) but will also have EA, Ubisoft, Sega,and lots of other third party games developers that will make adult themed hardcore games for the Wii-U.

2) The controller can be the sole screen while playing. Meaning you don't have to have a tv to play. You could be playing on the tv, someone walks in and wants to watch tv, then you could keep on playing on the handheld while they watch the tv. Awesome!

3) Backwards capatible with all Wii games, and Wii accessories such as fit.

4) Videos calling. The controller also has a video camera. So you can video call any of your friends Wii-U.

5) Full HD 1080p

6) Graphically equal with new AAA titles on PS3 and 360. Batman Arkham City, Tekken, Assassin's Creed, and Ghost Recon Online were demonstrated on the Wii-U. (doesn't show it in the site, but mentions that the Wii-U will have these titles)

Well I can honestly say this system has my attention. I'll have to wait and see what the official price tag will be for me to actually buy it though.

MLBknights58

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MLBknights58
Member since 2006 • 5016 Posts

Don't care about graphics really, my PC/Laptop will outdo graphics in a matter of months most likely.

I want dem 1st party titles, and I want a fun new way to play my video games (Tablet!).

I'm a Wii-U enthusiast. I can't fricken wait.

free_milk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3 free_milk
Member since 2011 • 3903 Posts

lol dont get your hopes up I bet you this thing wont even be able to support all secruity keys and will still use freind codes -.-

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
wow is #2 true? if so then i might get it afterall
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

wow is #2 true? if so then i might get it afterall LP4EVA2005

Yes it is. That was the first thing they showed off with the controller.

mexicangordo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mexicangordo
Member since 2005 • 8687 Posts

This was all revealed at E3, all of it. However, I will say this. Wii-U has been getting massive amounts of hype lately, I wonder if Nintendo can carry this momentum.

D4W1L4H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 D4W1L4H
Member since 2011 • 1765 Posts

It really beats me... The Wii U was virtually non existent since a month after E3 2011, but this year the momentum has really picked up quite a bit.

DrPickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DrPickle
Member since 2011 • 370 Posts

Im liking what the Wii U has to offer till now. Im starting to believe the hype myself.

I don't expect to be disappointed though, and if I did ill feel awful.

SolidSnake35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#9 SolidSnake35
Member since 2005 • 58971 Posts
I already have a PS3 and 360. I don't need any more this-gen consoles. ;D
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I'm actuallly expecting a really big E3 from Nintendo this year. I expect a big push on the online front (with support from major third parties) as well as some awesome games (Pikmin!). I'm actually hyping this to be one of the best E3 conferences. I hope I'm not wrong :P

flipdc5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 flipdc5
Member since 2005 • 1312 Posts

No thanks.

I'll wait for a real console.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

So yet again, I can't link the site. But ^^^ if you want to read details for yourself.

1) Will have new content (Mario, Zelda ect.) but will also have EA, Ubisoft, Sega,and lots of other third party games developers that will make adult themed hardcore games for the Wii-U.

2) The controller can be the sole screen while playing. Meaning you don't have to have a tv to play. You could be playing on the tv, someone walks in and wants to watch tv, then you could keep on playing on the handheld while they watch the tv. Awesome!

4) Videos calling. The controller also has a video camera. So you can video call any of your friends Wii-U.

5) Full HD 1080p

6) Graphically equal with new AAA titles on PS3 and 360. Batman Arkham City, Tekken, Assassin's Creed, and Ghost Recon Online were demonstrated on the Wii-U. (doesn't show it in the site, but mentions that the Wii-U will have these titles)

Well I can honestly say this system has my attention. I'll have to wait and see what the official price tag will be for me to actually buy it though.

ristactionjakso

1. The new Zelda, the only WiiU game i care about, will come in 4-6 years, that is definatly not good

2. I dont want to play on the tiny controller, i did not buy a huge HDTV to play on a tiny one

3. Dont care, i only own 2 Wii games anyway

4. Dont care in the slightest little bit

5. xbox 360 and PS3 have 1080p graphics, the full kind too

6. I have seen nothing better looking on WiiU yet, than Gears 3 or Witcher 2 on xbox 360

also

7. I hate the new controller, i definatly dont want to game with that terrible akward thing or look at another sceen while playing any game

WiiU so far is the most indifferent system i have ever seen and with the worst possible control system

Maybe if Zelda gets better like older titles i will consider one in 4-6 years that will arrive

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 ristactionjakso

wow is #2 true? if so then i might get it afterall LP4EVA2005
Yep, true. And the full details aren't all exposed yet.

Silentj0ker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Silentj0ker
Member since 2011 • 94 Posts

I have no doubt of this , that tech demo of zelda i saw blew me away, how could one not been stoked to wanna play that, honestly, its amazing aint it

Silentj0ker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Silentj0ker
Member since 2011 • 94 Posts

I have no doubt of this , that tech demo of zelda i saw blew me away, how could one not been stoked to wanna play that, honestly, its amazing aint it

silversix_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 silversix_
Member since 2010 • 26347 Posts
Its nice that Nintendo is finally joining the current gen but the only thing i'll spend my money on is next-gen.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50596 Posts

I just hope they're not lazy with the sound. Give us lossless audio, damnit.

LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I'd be more impressed if I saw actual games I want for it. Sure, there has been solid 3rd party support announced thus far, but those have all been ports. I can't imagine (at this point) running out to buy a Wii-U when I can get the same game on my PS3 or PC. I'm still open to the concept- I just haven't seen anything that makes me think I need this.
Chutebox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Chutebox
Member since 2007 • 50596 Posts

[QUOTE="ristactionjakso"]

5) Full HD 1080p

loosingENDS

1. The new Zelda, the only WiiU game i care about, will come in 4-6 years, that is definatly not good

2. I dont want to play on the tiny controller, i did not buy a huge HDTV to play on a tiny one

3. Dont care, i only own 2 Wii games anyway

4. Dont care in the slightest little bit

5. xbox 360 and PS3 have 1080p graphics, the full kind too

6. I have seen nothing better looking on WiiU yet, than Gears 3 or Witcher 2 on xbox 360

also

7. I hate the new controller, i definatly dont want to game with that terrible akward thing or look at another sceen while playing any game

WiiU so far is the most indifferent system i have ever seen and with the worst possible control system

Maybe if Zelda gets better like older titles i will consider one in 4-6 years that will arrive

1. Nobody cares about you.

2. You don't have to

3. Again, no one cares about you.

4. Refer to 1 and 3.

5. For the most part, no they don't.

6. We haven't seen anything really for it.

7. Good, don't buy that one either.

brennanhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 brennanhuff
Member since 2011 • 957 Posts

It would be if it wasn't for that stupid piece of $hit controller. Jeeez, can't they just have a normal controller. If so, count me in but until then, f that.

Edit: I still have to wave this thing around like an idiot? Yeah, nevermind.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ristactionjakso

It would be if it wasn't for that stupid piece of $hit controller. Jeeez, can't they just have a normal controller. If so, count me in but until then, f that.

brennanhuff

You can still use the Wii classic controller pro with the Wii-U (basically a ps3 controller without the R3 L3). All the Wii accessories can be used on the Wii-U.

hoola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 hoola
Member since 2004 • 6422 Posts

It seems Nintendo is actually trying to provide for the core gaming audience this time.

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

I just hope the fully utilize everything for some cool stuff OFTEN!

I mean, there aren't really that many games that take advantage of Wii Motion +.

I wish more games took advantage of everything like No More Heroes did.

I was thinking about how the new controller could be so helpful when playing a game that requires inventory changes and hotkey-like commands.

Like, imagine having the tablet in front of you during a game on the screen, and quickly selecting your weapon of choice, etc.

And do PS3 and 360 have any 1080P native games? And if so, with decent framerates? I heard they had few if any, and I could be wrong.

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
Hey I hope it is awesome for you. It's not for me though.
brennanhuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 brennanhuff
Member since 2011 • 957 Posts

[QUOTE="brennanhuff"]

ristactionjakso

You can still use the Wii classic controller pro with the Wii-U (basically a ps3 controller without the R3 L3). All the Wii accessories can be used on the Wii-U.

Yeah but is it going to be supported for all games?

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

[QUOTE="brennanhuff"]

brennanhuff

I got the impression it will mostly use the current Wii and nunchuk, and the tablet is just an additional accessory that comes with it, and not the main controller, so I bet it comes with a Wii motion plus controlly, nunchuck, and tablet. Just a guess though. Who the heck can tell with that horrible E3 presentation

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ristactionjakso

[QUOTE="brennanhuff"]

brennanhuff

I think it will support most games. FPS shooters like CoD are able to use it. But Zelda isn't able to because they want the motion controls for the battle system.

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 ristactionjakso

I just hope the fully utilize everything for some cool stuff OFTEN!

I mean, there aren't really that many games that take advantage of Wii Motion +.

I wish more games took advantage of everything like No More Heroes did.

I was thinking about how the new controller could be so helpful when playing a game that requires inventory changes and hotkey-like commands.

Like, imagine having the tablet in front of you during a game on the screen, and quickly selecting your weapon of choice, etc.

And do PS3 and 360 have any 1080P native games? And if so, with decent framerates? I heard they had few if any, and I could be wrong.

flazzle

Most games on ps3 and 360 say they run at 720p or 1080p, but actually run less than what it says. The Wii-U will have full 1080p on games.

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Definition: inspiring awe Yes it already is... The controller astounded all... It is like a monument compared to the ergonomic competition.
babycakin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 babycakin
Member since 2012 • 1597 Posts

All I want is Nintendo to impress the sh1t out of me come E3 with the Wii U, its game support, its online, and what the controller can do. It's got alot riding on this E3

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
The controller is awesome XD
ChubbyGuy40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ChubbyGuy40
Member since 2007 • 26442 Posts

"3GHz quad-core Power-PC-based 45nm CPU that's very similar to the Xbox 360's CPU." hmmmm i was hoping it would compete more with next gen consoles. Still hyped but they really have a lot more to show before i'm sold.hummer700

Don't believe that crap. It's a POWER7 CPU, which is far and above the crappy PowerPC used in the 360.

loosingENDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 loosingENDS
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts

"3GHz quad-core Power-PC-based 45nm CPU that's very similar to the Xbox 360's CPU." hmmmm i was hoping it would compete more with next gen consoles. Still hyped but they really have a lot more to show before i'm sold.hummer700

If it had some unbelievable hardware and a huge screen included, would cost 800$ at the very least

I'd be more impressed if I saw actual games I want for it. Sure, there has been solid 3rd party support announced thus far, but those have all been ports. I can't imagine (at this point) running out to buy a Wii-U when I can get the same game on my PS3 or PC. I'm still open to the concept- I just haven't seen anything that makes me think I need this.LongZhiZi

An actual WiiU exclusive has been shown actually

SuperFlakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 SuperFlakeman
Member since 2011 • 7411 Posts

If you think that's amazing, wait for E3 this year. (Of course, these are possible scenarios, but some of them might not be likely)

• Full blown app-store, not just gaming related. (Youtube partnership?????)
  • GTAV on a Nintendo system wo0t wo0t. (more 360/PS3 multiplats)
  • Diablo 3 announced for Wii U (PC games can be ported to a console due to the new controller)
  • Launching with New SMB Mii, Retro's game (F-Zero) and Pikmin 3.
  • If next gen games exist, they will also be available for Wii U.
  • $399 (This is amazing considering it's a true next gen console and Nintendo likes profit margins in general)