The Wii's future -- why I'm not so certain it's guaranteed to be bright

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mega_Man_ZXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mega_Man_ZXN
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Hello. Though I'm originally from the Game FAQs forums, this is my first post here and I thought I might get my thoughts on the Wii out there for you all to think about. I personally haven't gotten a Wii yet, and I have a PS3 and a 360. But I'm not convinced that the Wii is a console that I'll be getting anytime soon. I'll give my reasons why below:

1. Swinging a remote -- is it really all THAT innovative? It's not like motion-sensing hasn't been done before, and a lot of people claim that this is a big step forward. I see it as just swinging your arms back and forth and tiring yourself out after a while. There's only so much you can do with swinging a remote around. Wii fanboys tend to argue that it's a lot more forward-thinking than the consoles with the more "standard" controllers, and that the other two systems aren't all that innovative. OK...so, to use a very recent example, Assassin's Creed's control scheme, with its multitude of actions that can be performed based on the context, aren't a fresh way to control the character? Especially since holding the R trigger essentially gives you a whole second set of moves with the four basic action buttons.

2. This is a big one...the games just aren't all that great for the most part. We mostly have crappy 3rd-party stuff that's either quick-and-lazy ports from the PS2/Xbox/GC with hastily tacked-on wiggle controls, or is licensed garbage (I'm looking at you, Harry Potter and Spongebob), and even then, the only real quality titles, the first-party stuff...well, it's just rehashes of Nintendo franchises we've been fed for 20 years now...Mario Galaxy sounds to me like Mario 64 (collecting stars) with gravity elements and some controller wiggling. Same lame plot, too...Princess gets kidnapped, Mario has to save her, blah blah blah. And Zelda wasn't even meant for Wii, they just threw in some wiggling for the sword to make it a Wii launch title.

3. VC is a ripoff. Who wants to pay exorbitant fees for outdated games when you can...ahem, acquire them via the Internet...and...you know. But seriously, it's stupid to pay like $8 for an SNES game just because it's available on some online service from Nintendo. Cripes, Sega Channel was a better concept than that.

nyoroism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nyoroism
Member since 2007 • 3778 Posts

Waving your arms around is just an exaggeration (except maybe in WarioWare's case), you only have to move your wrist. It's not tiring at all.

If you don't like the games now, just wait for something you do like to come out. I mean look at the DS's position a year after it launched. It was selling great, but it didn't have too many games to pick from, mostly 3rd party crap. Now it's a juggernaut for games, superb, great, or good.

I won't discuss one thing you brought up in point three because you can be moderated for talking about it. However, if you don't want them, just don't get them.

sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#3 sherlock99
Member since 2005 • 1600 Posts

Hello. Though I'm originally from the Game FAQs forums, this is my first post here and I thought I might get my thoughts on the Wii out there for you all to think about. I personally haven't gotten a Wii yet, and I have a PS3 and a 360. But I'm not convinced that the Wii is a console that I'll be getting anytime soon. I'll give my reasons why below:

1. Swinging a remote -- is it really all THAT innovative? It's not like motion-sensing hasn't been done before, and a lot of people claim that this is a big step forward. I see it as just swinging your arms back and forth and tiring yourself out after a while. There's only so much you can do with swinging a remote around. Wii fanboys tend to argue that it's a lot more forward-thinking than the consoles with the more "standard" controllers, and that the other two systems aren't all that innovative. OK...so, to use a very recent example, Assassin's Creed's control scheme, with its multitude of actions that can be performed based on the context, aren't a fresh way to control the character? Especially since holding the R trigger essentially gives you a whole second set of moves with the four basic action buttons.

2. This is a big one...the games just aren't all that great for the most part. We mostly have crappy 3rd-party stuff that's either quick-and-lazy ports from the PS2/Xbox/GC with hastily tacked-on wiggle controls, or is licensed garbage (I'm looking at you, Harry Potter and Spongebob), and even then, the only real quality titles, the first-party stuff...well, it's just rehashes of Nintendo franchises we've been fed for 20 years now...Mario Galaxy sounds to me like Mario 64 (collecting stars) with gravity elements and some controller wiggling. Same lame plot, too...Princess gets kidnapped, Mario has to save her, blah blah blah. And Zelda wasn't even meant for Wii, they just threw in some wiggling for the sword to make it a Wii launch title.

3. VC is a ripoff. Who wants to pay exorbitant fees for outdated games when you can...ahem, acquire them via the Internet...and...you know. But seriously, it's stupid to pay like $8 for an SNES game just because it's available on some online service from Nintendo. Cripes, Sega Channel was a better concept than that.

Mega_Man_ZXN
so let me guess you created a fake account just to troll so sad and lame lol.
Mega_Man_ZXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Mega_Man_ZXN

Thank you, Wii fanboy, for doing exactly what you're saying I'm doing.

shadowcat2576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 shadowcat2576
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

Welcome to the game that we call System Wars. Please kepp your arms inside the car at all times, and hold on for a bumpy ride.

1. Waving the Wii-mote is highly overblown. Most Wii games use pretty subtle movements. As for the controls, I think a lot of the issue is illustrated by one of your examples, AC (a great game I'm sure, that is in my collection, but I'm trying to finish Zack & Wiki first) In AC you have a lot of functions to keep track of which button combo does what. With the Wii-mote (if done properly) controls can be easy to remember because they match the action (I want to throw an uppercut, I'll jerk the control up)

2. All systems have a mixture of great stuff and garbage. Harry Potter and Spongebob are available on all systems, not just the Wii. Wii offers a good selection of exclusive games while missing out on graphically superior multiplat games. Wii is also lacking in some game genres, but also fills gaps left by the other systems.

3. The pricing of VC games will always be in debate. Personally, I find it's cheaper and more convienant than tracking down these games from ebay or Craigslist. One think you have to admit though is the the VC offers more in content than any of the other services.

Mega_Man_ZXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Mega_Man_ZXN

Welcome to the game that we call System Wars. Please kepp your arms inside the car at all times, and hold on for a bumpy ride.

1. Waving the Wii-mote is highly overblown. Most Wii games use pretty subtle movements. As for the controls, I think a lot of the issue is illustrated by one of your examples, AC (a great game I'm sure, that is in my collection, but I'm trying to finish Zack & Wiki first) In AC you have a lot of functions to keep track of which button combo does what. With the Wii-mote (if done properly) controls can be easy to remember because they match the action (I want to throw an uppercut, I'll jerk the control up)

2. All systems have a mixture of great stuff and garbage. Harry Potter and Spongebob are available on all systems, not just the Wii. Wii offers a good selection of exclusive games while missing out on graphically superior multiplat games. Wii is also lacking in some game genres, but also fills gaps left by the other systems.

3. The pricing of VC games will always be in debate. Personally, I find it's cheaper and more convienant than tracking down these games from ebay or Craigslist. One think you have to admit though is the the VC offers more in content than any of the other services.

shadowcat2576

Well, in AC, it can get a bit complex, but in the upper-right corner of your HUD, it at least tells you what button will do what. It's definitely got one of the steeper learning curves I've seen in a while, and I welcome that.

Thanks for welcoming me. Looking forward to some good debates here. :)

Eponique

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 Eponique
Member since 2007 • 17918 Posts

If you could've found me Sin & Punishment forless than$90 before it released on the VC, I would've crowned you god.

Mega_Man_ZXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Mega_Man_ZXN

If you could've found me Sin & Punishment forless than$90 before it released on the VC, I would've crowned you god.

Eponique

Well, you can certainly go do something morally questionable and beat yourself up over it/get someone else to beat you or punish you for less than 90 bucks. =D

tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts

It hasn't lived up to itself or all the early hype, I know. Its just tacky.

But your going to get eaten alive by the fanboys :(

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

1. No motion sensing has been taken to the extent of the Wii-Remote. Just play Wii-Sports and notice how accurate the bat is simply by waving it around waiting for a pitch. It detects speed, position, and acceleration in 3-D. It's not just 'swinging your arms back and forth' and 'getting tired'. It amazes me that people have so little insight andsay stuff like this yet have so much MORE insight in other areas. Play Trauma Center and you will see you 'never' swing your arms around, but do really intricate and accurate motions. Not only that, you it is SO NICE to play a rail shooter and not have the dang TV go bleach white after every gun blast. And try any other console FPS and then MP3. You never want to go back.

People forget the Wii-Remote is a killer controller. You can add stuff to it, turn it sideways and play it, and connect other things into it. Plus, it has rumble and a speaker. And its REALLY comfortable.

2. You can find bad games on ANY system. And you are going to judge SMG on what it 'sounds like' to you? Why don't you judge games on what they 'play' like.

Wow, refreshing take on Zelda and adding the 'swinging sword'. Do you know ANYTHING about these games before you judge them? For starters, in Wii Zelda you can also fish with the controll and shoot the arrow, for starters.

3. "Oh, look, VC sucks because I know how to ripoff games." You can ripoff music too, you know. And if you want to complain about they charge $5-$10 for an 'old game', why don't you say the same about music? I can still walk into Target and pay $13.95 for a 20+ year old Pink Floyd or Aerosmith disc, etc.

And the VC is excellent because: 1) You can play the game on the family tv on the console, rather than huddling around the PC playing your ripoffed ROM 2) The save mechanics on the VC are smooth 3) And if you go the 'honest' way, its so much better than digging out your old console, setting it up, and having it take space. Plus, you don't have to worry about getting old controllers to work or blowing into the cartridge, etc.

Mega_Man_ZXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mega_Man_ZXN
Well, look at the VC this way: why would I want to pay $5 to $10 for a single older game when I can grab one of those collections on, say, PS2 for like, 20 bucks or less? Most of them offer up old arcade goodies, usually between 20 to 40. Great examples include the Capcom Classic Collections and Taito Legends 2, as well as the Genesis Collection. And especially in the case of the Genesis, a number of the games in that collection are also sold on VC...so...there's cheaper ways to get old games, and isn't that Metal Slug Collection on the Wii? Why not throw together a bunch of older Nintendo games on one compilation disc instead of charging out the rear for them?
Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

You know what worries me? They are porting over those CATZ and DOGZ games from the DS to the Wii.

Nintendo..control the content on your console darn it!

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bread_or_Decide

Well, look at the VC this way: why would I want to pay $5 to $10 for a single older game when I can grab one of those collections on, say, PS2 for like, 20 bucks or less? Most of them offer up old arcade goodies, usually between 20 to 40. Great examples include the Capcom Classic Collections and Taito Legends 2, as well as the Genesis Collection. And especially in the case of the Genesis, a number of the games in that collection are also sold on VC...so...there's cheaper ways to get old games, and isn't that Metal Slug Collection on the Wii? Why not throw together a bunch of older Nintendo games on one compilation disc instead of charging out the rear for them? Mega_Man_ZXN

Look at Sonic. 20 bucks for the mega collection that comes with over 6 games or 8 bucks for ONE game? gtfo.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bread_or_Decide

Nintendo is a very greedy company. remember when they re-released those old NES games for the gameboy for like 30 bucks a pop? a rip off, just like the Wii is. if the public weren't such tools they'd have neglected to buy it, and it would currently be priced at around 150, which is probably still more than itshould cost. THETRUEDOZAH

I also hate how Nintendo games either A) NEVER go to greatest hits price reduction status, or B) Take FOREVER to go to a greatest hits pride reduction status.

Look at games like Nintendogs and NSMB on the DS. Still charging full price and both have sold well over 5 million copies! wtf?

Mega_Man_ZXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Mega_Man_ZXN

You know what worries me? They are porting over those CATZ and DOGZ games from the DS to the Wii.

Nintendo..control the content on your console darn it!

Bread_or_Decide

Which brings me back to the point of the game being flooded with mostly mediocre games. I mean, I know the PS3 still doesn't have a HUGE library of must-haves, but even it has some very good stuff, and I've got 4 solid games for it (3 exclusive, 1 non). When I look at the Wii selection at the store, I think, "Meh, 3rd-party crap rushed out to make a buck" and "First-party titles that might be fun but feature 20-year-old mascots"

Mega_Man_ZXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Mega_Man_ZXN

[QUOTE="Mega_Man_ZXN"]Well, look at the VC this way: why would I want to pay $5 to $10 for a single older game when I can grab one of those collections on, say, PS2 for like, 20 bucks or less? Most of them offer up old arcade goodies, usually between 20 to 40. Great examples include the Capcom Classic Collections and Taito Legends 2, as well as the Genesis Collection. And especially in the case of the Genesis, a number of the games in that collection are also sold on VC...so...there's cheaper ways to get old games, and isn't that Metal Slug Collection on the Wii? Why not throw together a bunch of older Nintendo games on one compilation disc instead of charging out the rear for them? Bread_or_Decide

Look at Sonic. 20 bucks for the mega collection that comes with over 6 games or 8 bucks for ONE game? gtfo.

That Mega Collection's great, I have it for teh Xbox. Plus there's unlockable games beyond the initial ones, so you get a TON of classic Sonic goodness for a low price. I have Ecco and Sonic on the Gen collection...and...they're eight bucks each, separately, on the VC. WTF?

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Blackbond
Member since 2005 • 24516 Posts

1. Swinging a remote

2. This is a big one...the games just aren't all that great for the most part.

3. VC is a ripoff. Who wants to pay exorbitant fees for outdated games

Mega_Man_ZXN

1. You don't need to swing the Wiimote
  2. Zelda TP, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Zack and Wiki, Wario Ware, and Super Paper Mario are bad?
  3. Who want to pay? A lot of people

Go back to Gamefaqs, We don't need another fanboy here.

shadowfox55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shadowfox55
Member since 2007 • 1609 Posts
When I play with the Wii controller it feels to loose when I play a racing game. And Mario Galaxy at times has my wrist and arms hurting for holding my arms out to collect far away star bits and shaking the Wii-mote for Mario to do the spin. The Wii is okay, but thank goodness in Brawl they allow for the gamecube controllers to be used because I would feel cheated without the gamecube controllers.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

Mega_Man_ZXN

1) First of all, I'm sick of people talking about swinging around a remote and how tiring or stupid it is. You don't do that. I sit on the couch and the bare minimum of movement works. The only game I literally swing around is Tiger Woods 08 and that is because it does a great job of feeling like a real golfing game. So which sounds better to you? A gold game you simply push a button (or move a stick) to play...or a golf game that uses actual swing mechanics? But this idea that people are jumping around their living rooms gesticulating wildly is pure ignorance.

2) The games issue is debatable, but this isn't the Wii's fault that developers are porting PS2 games. But Mario Galaxy is awesome...pure and simple. The game is just damn fun to play.

3) While I sort of see your point here, why should people buy music or movies when they can steal it? Frankly, this kind of thinking is a huge problem in people today and a complete sign of a lack of ethics.

Mega_Man_ZXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Mega_Man_ZXN
[QUOTE="Mega_Man_ZXN"]

1. Swinging a remote

Blackbond

You don't need to swing the WiimoteZelda TP, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Zack and Wiki, Wario Ware, and Super Paper Mario are bad?Who want to pay? A lot of people

Uh-huh. I'm the fanboy here...look, I supported Nintendo for years, I've played nearly every console of theirs, but just because I don't immediately dig the Wii I'm a hater. Beautiful Ninty fan logic at work...

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
Point 1: If you've actually played many Wii titles now, you'd know there are a lot that dont have you "Swinging the wii remote around". Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Elebits, Mario Strikers: Charged, Battalion Wars 2, Super mario galaxy, zack and wiki, and medal of honor heroes 2 are all examples of games that utlize the wii remote well, without having "you swinging the remote" -- Some use it more than others, but they still use it effectively.

Point 2: The Games are fine. Sure, it doesnt get all the multiplats, but it still has a bunch of titles that appeal to people. They might not appeal to you, but they appeal to others and myself. Im more interested in Wii titles than PS3/360 combined. I only want about 6 titles for the other consoles, versus about 8 titles for Wii in 2008 alone. Sure ill be getting another console soon, but ill still primarily be gaming on the Wii

Point 3: Im not going to lie, VC is expensive. However .. all companies rip you off with micro-transactions.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#23 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

First of all, Welcome to Gamespot, System wars is arguably the best board

Personally i think that the VC is great, if people could not experience these games when they were younger then it gives them a chance to play the classics now, and i know there is ebay but you are going to need the console to play the game, and you will only own the console if you are old enough to be a gamer in that time, so it really is a way for people who were either to young or just weren't a gamer in that time period

frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#24 frankeyser
Member since 2004 • 5667 Posts

I have a great idea. don't buy a wii. if it does not appeal to you then do not buy it. another person who is interested in trying something new will buy the wii you would have wasted and have a great time with it. problem solved now go back to gamefaqs forums. good bye.

shadowcat2576

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#25 shadowcat2576
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

[QUOTE="THETRUEDOZAH"]Nintendo is a very greedy company. remember when they re-released those old NES games for the gameboy for like 30 bucks a pop? a rip off, just like the Wii is. if the public weren't such tools they'd have neglected to buy it, and it would currently be priced at around 150, which is probably still more than itshould cost. Bread_or_Decide

I also hate how Nintendo games either A) NEVER go to greatest hits price reduction status, or B) Take FOREVER to go to a greatest hits pride reduction status.

Look at games like Nintendogs and NSMB on the DS. Still charging full price and both have sold well over 5 million copies! wtf?

I know it's not the pro-gamer thing to say, but the reason the Nintendo games take so long to drop in price is because people continue to want them at full price for a long time. If NSMB sales sudenly dropped off drastically for a long period, they'd drop the price, but the sales don't drop. Why? Because these are the games people want and will buy whenever they get a DS keeping sales level.
SauceCaptain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 SauceCaptain
Member since 2004 • 1273 Posts

Mega_Man_ZXN

Hmmmm ........ where to start?

First off you DON'T HAVE A WII so what can you really say about it?

Yes the Wii mote is innovative, have you ever tried it? I've been playing games a long long time (started on the 2600) and this is honestly the biggest leap in the way you play games in years. If you are so fat and out of shape that playing the Wii actually makes you tired, STOP buying video games and save money to go to fat camp next summer. Once you get to play a game like MP3 or use theWii mote dozens of different ways in a game like monkey ball, you'll start to understand what this is all about.

Games not that great? How so? MP3 has become my favorite game of all time, and zelda was the best zelda ever. You seem to forget that ALL systems have tons of crappy third party games. Most of those games like sponge bob and Harry potter are ALSO sold on the PS3, 360. True that the Wii has some terrible third party games, but it's because the developers are still learning how to program for the system. Look at Medal of Honor for the Wii, it is supposed to have the best controls for any first person shooter ever. The games comming out in the near future will change the way peole think about the systems library of games.

You state the old claim about "rehashes" do you even know what you're saying? How in any way does a 20 year old 2d NES game realte to a modern 3D gameplay experiance? You have the same themes and character, but that's IT, EVERYTHING ELSE is totally new. EVERTYHING. If you don't like playing rehashes have fun playing Halo 3, MGS 4, Grand Turismo, Final Fantasy, Splinter Cell, Froza 2, Madden 5 Million, Guitar Hero, Grand Theft Auto, or anything else that is basically the same exact game year after year. But you don't like rehashes do you?

If you don't think vc is a good deal, don't buy the classic games. Do you like xbox live arcade? Probably not, but that's your choice.

Mega_Man_ZXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Mega_Man_ZXN

I have a great idea. don't buy a wii. if it does not appeal to you then do not buy it. another person who is interested in trying something new will buy the wii you would have wasted and have a great time with it. problem solved now go back to gamefaqs forums. good bye.

frankeyser

Let's see, about half the people here have replied in a mature fashion, and some are displaying the same mentality that DOMINATES GFAQs. Feeling at home already!

Nwebrme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Nwebrme
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
1. I have yet to experience it but I do think that the waiving-around-arms part is an exaggeration. You can do it if you like but from what I hear, subtle wrist movements can be just enough as well. I don't see how is this an argument against Wii since you can also say that what 360 and PS3 offer is not all that innovative either *coughcoughnotatall* :P 2. That is the only legit reason as I see it so you're free to have your own opinion here :). As for me, I wasn't around (in gaming) to play all or even half of Nintendo's franchises/games pre-GCN days so for me it's like non-stop AAAE's that are fresher than the next :P. Besides, they're all - for the most part - fantastic sequels and I don't see people complaining about 360/PS3 sequel killer-apps. 3. I don't know about this :o. I do feel that things are a bit pricey simply because I won't be able to afford the ton of games that I missed out on that I want to get, but otherwise I think I am quite willing to pay the prices for some of the titles that I want. It also seems lika an extremely convenient way of getting them ^^.
Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Blackbond
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Mega_Man_ZXN"]

1. Swinging a remote

Mega_Man_ZXN

You don't need to swing the WiimoteZelda TP, Metroid Prime 3, Super Mario Galaxy, Fire Emblem, Zack and Wiki, Wario Ware, and Super Paper Mario are bad?Who want to pay? A lot of people

Uh-huh. I'm the fanboy here...look, I supported Nintendo for years, I've played nearly every console of theirs, but just because I don't immediately dig the Wii I'm a hater. Beautiful Ninty fan logic at work...

So just because you formerly supported Nintendo exuses you from being a fanboy? Oh wow that's nice logic lol. I debunked all of your outlandish statements. come back with a reply instead of making exuses for your rant.

frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 frankeyser
[QUOTE="frankeyser"]

Mega_Man_ZXN

Let's see, about half the people here have replied in a mature fashion, and some are displaying the same mentality that DOMINATES GFAQs. Feeling at home already!

If you create a forum with very immature comments what do you expect to receive back? Bubu but it is the waggle controls lol. someone on the play ground said you could not play with there wii didn't they?

before you can form an opinion you have to try something. go to your local gamestop and try out galaxy. if you dont like it because of the waggle controls (single tear rolls down my cheek) then you have something to complain about. till them go cry in a blog or on gamefaqs. we have enough people here in system wars bashing consoles they have not played yet.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Blackbond
[QUOTE="frankeyser"]

Mega_Man_ZXN

You brought it upon yourself trying to come in here and push your opinion on to others. Also talk about emulation here is a bannable offense. If you plan on posting here for an extended period of time you might want to edit your OP.

I feel disgraced that a poster such as you bares a user name with any regards to Megaman or any of his other iterations.

Mega_Man_ZXN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mega_Man_ZXN
[QUOTE="Mega_Man_ZXN"][QUOTE="frankeyser"]

Blackbond

You brought it upon yourself trying to come in here and push your opinion on to others. Also talk about emulation here is a bannable offense. If you plan on posting here for an extended period of time you might want to edit your OP.

I feel disgraced that a poster such as you bares a user name with any regards to Megaman or any of his other iterations.

...I never stated my opinions as FACT. You Ninty diehards take everything the wrong way.

frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 frankeyser
[QUOTE="Blackbond"][QUOTE="Mega_Man_ZXN"][QUOTE="frankeyser"]

Mega_Man_ZXN

i know the man in blue would never stand for this!

...I never stated my opinions as FACT. You Ninty diehards take everything the wrong way.

Blackbond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Blackbond

Mega_Man_ZXN

Wen did I say you stated your opinions as fact? Gotta love rookies :|

How can you claim I'm taking it the wrong way? I'm only reply to exactly what you type.

frankeyser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 frankeyser

Mega_Man_ZXN

I like how you think we are all Nintendo die hards now. While this board does have its fair share of sheep. not everyone that does not agree with you is not automatically a sheep.

and you do not have a valid opinion because once again you have not tried the system out. let me show you how a valid opinion and in valid opinion is formed.

ok i have not played call of duty 4 yet because i am not a fan of the series. i did not like 2 and 3 so i figure i wont like four. but here is an invalid opinion. I hate call of duty 4 because the controls are so crappy... i have not played it? so how would i know?

now here is a valid opinion.

I hate the frame rate in mass effect (i got the game early)but the game is amazing storywise and graphics wise and make up for the horrible frame rate.

i love the shield bash controls in legend of zelda tp (wii version) i love the controls for fishing, i love the spin attack. i hate the normal sword swing and wish it would have been mapped to the A button. also while the wii controls make shooting arrows so easy and precise i wish the B button was used to fire instead of the A button.

Resistance fall of man is my fav console fps this gen! the graphics are amazing, the online mulitplayer is great when (WHEN) i can get a decent conection to psn. i have a horrible time connecting when i have no problem conection to live, valve or the nintendo network. also i hate the ps3's controler. i got tired of the snes pad back in the snes days. throw in two analog sticks and another set of triggers and it is still the same controler.

there see what i mean. i have and own these things. I have a valid opinion even if it is just an opinion. you have not even tried what you are bashing.

Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Bread_or_Decide
[QUOTE="Bread_or_Decide"]

[QUOTE="THETRUEDOZAH"]Nintendo is a very greedy company. remember when they re-released those old NES games for the gameboy for like 30 bucks a pop? a rip off, just like the Wii is. if the public weren't such tools they'd have neglected to buy it, and it would currently be priced at around 150, which is probably still more than itshould cost. shadowcat2576

I know it's not the pro-gamer thing to say, but the reason the Nintendo games take so long to drop in price is because people continue to want them at full price for a long time. If NSMB sales sudenly dropped off drastically for a long period, they'd drop the price, but the sales don't drop. Why? Because these are the games people want and will buy whenever they get a DS keeping sales level.

Bah. On PS if it sells a million it goes greatest hits. Nintendo is too greedy sometimes.

the_h_bomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 the_h_bomb
Member since 2007 • 3182 Posts

What a moronic post

So far the Wii has Mario Galaxy, Zelda TP, Warioware, Super Paper Marioo, Metroid Prime 3, Fire Emblem, Trauma Center1+2, RE4, Zack and Wiki. Anyone who fails to recognise the quality in that lineup has serious problems

Silenthps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#38 Silenthps
Member since 2006 • 7302 Posts

Mega_Man_ZXN
that alone turns your whole arguement to crap. If you dont have a wii, you dont judge it.
Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#39 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts

1. The motion controls really are that innovative. Wii Sports and Metroid Prime 3, for example, would be nowhere near as good as they are without motion controls.

2. The games are awesome, what are you talking about? Wii Sports, Zelda:TP, Paper Mario, Strikers Charged, Metroid Prime 3, Mario Galaxy, Battalion Wars, Resident Evil 4, not to mention new games like Smash Bros. Bawl on the way.

3. If you don't like the VC prices, then just don't buy any; that doesn't make the Wii a bad system.

Avatar image for darth-pyschosis
darth-pyschosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 darth-pyschosis
Member since 2006 • 9322 Posts

Mega_Man_ZXN

I imagine if you really picked up and played Resident Evil 4, Manhunt 2, and Super Mario Galaxy you'd be saying something different.

BTW, (SPOILER) Mario doesn't just rescue the Princess. The whole mushroom kingdom gets sucked into a black hole, destroying everyone and everything and the Deity (or God maybe) Rosalina spares them all including Bowser after their galaxy dies.

Yeah, like THATS HAPPENED IN A MARIO GAME!

Rosalina loses her mother trying to help the star people, and in the process shows everyone how to always do what's right.

Man, you're really not in tune right now.

And paying $10 for Ocarina of Time, or $8 for Super Mario World when its $20 on the GBA and the fact those games (unlike PSN and XBL) are actually mostly worth the price of admission you're wrong.

And if the PS3 is so damn good why are people cancelling, if not making solely for the Wii as exclusives games like, Monster Hunter 3, Fatal Frame 4, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, Soul Caliber Legends, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Zack & Wiki, Manhunt 2 and Bully (depends on which PS3 you own. OMG the SKUs!)

laughingman42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 laughingman42
Member since 2007 • 8730 Posts

[QUOTE="THETRUEDOZAH"]Nintendo is a very greedy company. remember when they re-released those old NES games for the gameboy for like 30 bucks a pop? a rip off, just like the Wii is. if the public weren't such tools they'd have neglected to buy it, and it would currently be priced at around 150, which is probably still more than itshould cost. Bread_or_Decide

If I remember correctly Halo:CE was $40 all the way until Halo2 was released.

Juice_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Juice_24
Member since 2007 • 851 Posts
[QUOTE="Mega_Man_ZXN"]

darth-pyschosis

I imagine if you really picked up and played Resident Evil 4, Manhunt 2, and Super Mario Galaxy you'd be saying something different.

BTW, (SPOILER) Mario doesn't just rescue the Princess. The whole mushroom kingdom gets sucked into a black hole, destroying everyone and everything and the Deity (or God maybe) Rosalina spares them all including Bowser after their galaxy dies.

Yeah, like THATS HAPPENED IN A MARIO GAME!

Rosalina loses her mother trying to help the star people, and in the process shows everyone how to always do what's right.

Man, you're really not in tune right now.

And paying $10 for Ocarina of Time, or $8 for Super Mario World when its $20 on the GBA and the fact those games (unlike PSN and XBL) are actually mostly worth the price of admission you're wrong.

And if the PS3 is so damn good why are people cancelling, if not making solely for the Wii as exclusives games like, Monster Hunter 3, Fatal Frame 4, NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams, Soul Caliber Legends, Dragon Quest, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles, Zack & Wiki, Manhunt 2 and Bully (depends on which PS3 you own. OMG the SKUs!)

1.Dude can we have a spoiler warning!?

2. I like how he complains aboout the motion controlls and doesnt even mention IR IR is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>right analog stick

3. The wii is here to stay its starting ti get AAA games in spades. Im not even gonna start on 360s download content pricing!!

oback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 oback
Member since 2004 • 7151 Posts
[QUOTE="Eponique"]

Mega_Man_ZXN

Well, you can certainly go do something morally questionable and beat yourself up over it/get someone else to beat you or punish you for less than 90 bucks. =D

your refering to somthing illigal.

gg

Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts
most of what you said were fears that have already been proven wrong.
Remeber everyone kept saying, "i dont want to be waving my hands around all day to play games"
sparkypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 sparkypants
Member since 2007 • 2609 Posts

I have a question for the Wii fanboys, what is the point of getting a Wii if you arent going to use the motion control to it fullest, I mean your only response is we can just sit on the couch and flick our rist, well then whats the POINT!?!?!?!? Im mean it may just be me but it sounds like that defeats the purpose. I mean if your just going o sit on the couch and flick your wrist why not just get a controller?

Robio_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#46 Robio_basic
Member since 2002 • 7059 Posts

Well, look at the VC this way: why would I want to pay $5 to $10 for a single older game when I can grab one of those collections on, say, PS2 for like, 20 bucks or less? Most of them offer up old arcade goodies, usually between 20 to 40. Great examples include the Capcom Classic Collections and Taito Legends 2, as well as the Genesis Collection. And especially in the case of the Genesis, a number of the games in that collection are also sold on VC...so...there's cheaper ways to get old games, and isn't that Metal Slug Collection on the Wii? Why not throw together a bunch of older Nintendo games on one compilation disc instead of charging out the rear for them? Mega_Man_ZXN

In some cases those collections are nice,but most of the time there's just one or two games I want to play and then a bunch of crud that can be best described as filler. Personally I like the choice of being able to pick up the one or two games that I want rather than pay a few extra dollars for a bunch of games I'll never touch.

Case in point is Sonic Gems. I wanted it for Sonic CD which was great. For all the other games, I played through one-time and then never touched again if I even played it that one time. I would have much rather paid $10 for Sonic CD rather than $20 for the whole thing.

Juice_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Juice_24
Member since 2007 • 851 Posts

I have a question for the Wii fanboys, what is the point of getting a Wii if you arent going to use the motion control to it fullest, I mean your only response is we can just sit on the couch and flick our rist, well then whats the POINT!?!?!?!? Im mean it may just be me but it sounds like that defeats the purpose. I mean if your just going o sit on the couch and flick your wrist why not just get a controller?

sparkypants

BECAUSE ITS NOT JUST MOTION ITS THE IR!

jdp0412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 jdp0412
Member since 2004 • 264 Posts

Just addressing one of your points, 3 specifically.

I don't find the VC games to be that overpriced. I mean sure I wouldn't mind if they were cheaper. The added convenience of not having to pull out all my old consoles and hook them up makes the price worth it in my opinion (even for the $10 N64 games).

hiphops_savior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#49 hiphops_savior
Member since 2007 • 8535 Posts
First thing, did you ever try aiming in FPS with analog sticks without autoaim? Not very easy. The Wiimote has potential of being the best thing for Shooters since the WASD and Mouse combo, but until recently, there were very lazy attempts at it. Sorry, but I have to go to work soon, and I can't type fast enough.
Cyber-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Cyber-
Member since 2007 • 4026 Posts

sparkypants

Because now games are getting to the point where its more than merely pressing a. NOw you can decide which way or how hard the action is performed once you press A. The games are slowing gravitating towards this and if you cant see the immense advantage to that then you should not be gaming. Of course there is gonna be alot of failure, do you remember some of the crap control that was used for the analog stick with the N64 and the PS1 most games still used the D-Pad because devs hadnt found a good balance. The Wii has only been out for a year and its control advancement is much larger than the analog and people like you already claim it fails. Besides that give me a console game that controls as precise as MoH2?