The Wii U has had 7 retail releases so far in 2014

• 160 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#101 inggrish
Member since 2005 • 10502 Posts

@Desmonic said:

@_Matt_ said:

7 huh? Is that lower than the PS4?

Why, yes. Yes it is.

While you can't count half of PS4's list since they're digital and not retail, I still counted 10 retail titles since January, so yes, yes you are right.

Wow, a 6 month old console is throwing out far more games than a 18 month old console.

razu2444

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#103  Edited By razu2444
Member since 2010 • 820 Posts

totally bad....

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By inggrish

@Desmonic said:

@_Matt_ said:

While you can't count half of PS4's list since they're digital and not retail, I still counted 10 retail titles since January, so yes, yes you are right.

Wow, a 6 month old console is throwing out far more games than a 18 month old console.

Master Race brah!

Plus WiiU and 3rd parties = top lel :P

I thought the master race was the Vita army? :P

yeah Nintendo never seem to learn with 3rd parties.

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By inggrish

@Desmonic said:

@_Matt_ said:

@Desmonic said:

Master Race brah!

Plus WiiU and 3rd parties = top lel :P

I thought the master race was the Vita army? :P

yeah Nintendo never seem to learn with 3rd parties.

Vita, PS3, PS4, it's all good! :P We're all part of that big Mooo! Master Race XD

Also, nice pic lol

Haha, thanks, I made it for Blab months ago for his sig, but he never used it. :(

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#107 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@StrongDeadlift: You're missing a few titles, like Hyrule Warriors and X.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#108 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Nintendo: We don´t have competition

Reggie: We don’t care what the gaming competitors are doing

Iwata: There's no point in continuing what we're doing if we're not winning.

Small steps, I guess.

Avatar image for FreedomFreeLife
FreedomFreeLife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#111  Edited By FreedomFreeLife
Member since 2013 • 3948 Posts

@MirkoS77 said:

@FreedomFreeLife said:

Nintendo: We don´t have competition

Reggie: We don’t care what the gaming competitors are doing

Iwata: There's no point in continuing what we're doing if we're not winning.

Small steps, I guess.

Iwata: Online systems not suited for Nintendo’s approach.

He says that he don´t like online system for Nintendo System. So this explains why Nintendo games has no online(only Kart 8 and Bros Fighting but nothing else)

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By inggrish

@Desmonic said:

@_Matt_: Booo Blab, booo!

aye, booo indeed.

g0ddyX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By g0ddyX
Member since 2005 • 3914 Posts

The usual sheep defense force are trying hard to defend the Wii U.
You know its bad when even COD is not even out your system. If it is, you know it will be half made and no support and hardly any players online.
Call of Duty: Ghosts only sold 0.33% on Wii U of the total sales.

PS4 and Xbox One have well over 10 exclusives and like 50+ third party games. Something for everyone.

Raptor_Herc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Raptor_Herc
Member since 2013 • 330 Posts

It will most likely be getting Project Cars before the year is out in addition to the titles KBFloYD mentioned. That said, I am not all that surprised by the lack of titles that have been released thus far. Hopefully the Mario Kart 8 advertising will bring some more sales momentum for the console so that it can get more titles on the retail front from 3rd parties.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Wiiu is dead

inggrish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By inggrish

@g0ddyX said:

The usual sheep defense force are trying hard to defend the Wii U.

You know its bad when even COD is not even out your system. If it is, you know it will be half made and no support and hardly any players online.

Call of Duty: Ghosts only sold 0.33% on Wii U of the total sales.

PS4 and Xbox One have well over 10 exclusives and like 50+ third party games. Something for everyone.

Please list these games of 'well over 10 exclusives' for each the PS4 and Xbox One, both have 4 or 5 tops out right now to my knowledge.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

DIdn't nintendo print money for the past 6 years with the wii...? that console was borderline untouchable for year stretches it seemed... soooo um, wheres the investment in wiiU to any capacity....? I kind of thought that with the incredible profits nintendo made last gen they'd roll that success into a renewed vision of creating a more sustainable business in terms of hardware and software. 13 games in a single year is embarrassing. Nintendo is at a crossroads in the home console space no doubt

DaBrainz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118 DaBrainz
Member since 2007 • 7959 Posts

Mario kart has a lot of replay value.

PurpleMan5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119 PurpleMan5000
Member since 2011 • 10531 Posts

I still wouldn't trade the Wii U's lineup for the 2014 lineup on any other console. The key difference is that the best games on the Wii U are best played on the Wii U and the best games on the Xbone/PS4 are best played on the PC. If I owned a PS4 right now, the only game I would have is Infamous, and I really don't even like Infamous. There just isn't any reason at all to get the other two consoles if you have a PC. At least not yet.

Priapus10101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#120 Priapus10101
Member since 2013 • 157 Posts

It is ironic that Nintendo gets all this hate seeing as their current game library is significantly better than the PS4 and Xbone. As a PC gamer, the WiiU is the perfect secondary console and I have been very happy with my purchase. Eagerly looking forward to Super Smash Bros. :)

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#121  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

@PurpleMan5000 said:

I still wouldn't trade the Wii U's lineup for the 2014 lineup on any other console. The key difference is that the best games on the Wii U are best played on the Wii U and the best games on the Xbone/PS4 are best played on the PC. If I owned a PS4 right now, the only game I would have is Infamous, and I really don't even like Infamous. There just isn't any reason at all to get the other two consoles if you have a PC. At least not yet.

Trust me, there won't be. Maybe at the very end, with the final price drops.

Avatar image for deactivated-583e460ca986b
deactivated-583e460ca986b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122 deactivated-583e460ca986b
Member since 2004 • 7240 Posts

You guys can doom and gloom Nintendo all you want. Just give me Mario Kart 8 and I will be happy. MK8 is the game I am most hyped for by far in 2014. 2nd place is probably Smash Bros so Nintendo must be doing something right in my book.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#123 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

@Telekill said:

That said how many games do you guys need? How much free time do you people have?

Exactly my thoughts. I get that there needs to be a variety of games on a console, as everyone has different taste, but people act like they need 20 new games every damn month. It's ridiculous.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

WiiU, and Nintendo in general, has/has put out the best games in the last few years. It is ridiculous how under appreciated they are. First, get some people together in the same room and Nintendo Land becomes a really great game. Second, Pikmin3 and Wonderful 101 seem to have fallen off the map but are really great and fresh games. Third, Mario 3D World simply blows anything xbox or ps4 has out of the water. Then there's the Zelda on 3DS, Pokemon, Donkey Kong, Mario Kart 8, and Smash Bros right around the corner. Imo it is the other two big companies that are failing at putting stuff out. Instead of doing so, they release mock up teaser trailers that are a bunch of bullshit, or theyll show 50 hours of gameplay to a game that was supposed to be released 8 months ago.

ZombeGoast

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125 ZombeGoast
Member since 2010 • 437 Posts

Yeah quantity =/= quality. I still have games from last year on the Wii U I haven't finish and still haven't bought games like 3D world and Donkey Kong Country. And besides, what does the Ps4 have to offer besides Infamous and Shadowfall? I don't fine it surprising that will buy something with nothing on it with a hardware that is stripped down. I'm probably not going to by a Ps4 by the end of 2015 unless they add BC.

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@ZombeGoast said:

Yeah quantity =/= quality. I still have games from last year on the Wii U I haven't finish and still haven't bought games like 3D world and Donkey Kong Country. And besides, what does the Ps4 have to offer besides Infamous and Shadowfall? I don't fine it surprising that will buy something with nothing on it with a hardware that is stripped down. I'm probably not going to by a Ps4 by the end of 2015 unless they add BC.

Not only that, but Shadowfall is just above mediocre. The thing with Nintendo, and feel free to agree or disagree, is that most wiiu owners probably own a 3ds as well. It is sort of like Apple in that you buy into an eco system............................................though the one thing they really need to get straight is the eshop account thing. I DO NOT like the fact that if I buy an NES game on 3ds that I cannot play this on wiiu. It doesn't seem right, legally, to me.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#127  Edited By super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts
@TheEroica said:

DIdn't nintendo print money for the past 6 years with the wii...? that console was borderline untouchable for year stretches it seemed... soooo um, wheres the investment in wiiU to any capacity....? I kind of thought that with the incredible profits nintendo made last gen they'd roll that success into a renewed vision of creating a more sustainable business in terms of hardware and software. 13 games in a single year is embarrassing. Nintendo is at a crossroads in the home console space no doubt

They planned poorly for this gen which resulted in them struggling to adapt to HD development. They also went after the wrong demographic with both the WiiU and 3ds(to an extent).

Assassin_87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129 Assassin_87
Member since 2004 • 2349 Posts

I own a Wii U, and haven't finished nearly all of the games I own for it yet. I don't really have the free time to care about the limited number of releases, and in an ideal world that centered around myself and people like me games would just trickle into the market like this on all platforms.

That said, I'm not defending the dearth of new titles. I just own too many devices with gaming functionality, and have some other hobbies as well, so I don't care.

madsnakehhh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#130 madsnakehhh
Member since 2007 • 18252 Posts

That's terrible...but i still use it a lot...i'm getting Child of Light, i'm playing some of the GBA games, not to mention Mario Kart, Bayonetta 2 and Smash...still, is a very bad situation.

aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

My last game i bought for WiiU was Monster Hunter Ultimate or Lego City Undercover, dont remember which one came out first.

TheEroica

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By TheEroica  Moderator
Member since 2009 • 22662 Posts

@super600 said:
@TheEroica said:

They planned poorly for this gen which resulted in them struggling to adapt to HD development. They also went after the wrong demographic with both the WiiU and 3ds(to an extent).

Im actually confused as to what the Nintendo demographic is anymore? and thats not to say they don't still make great games for everyone to play, but what actually IS their target demographic... its not the 16-25 year olds or anything older, the online service is gimped hard by comparison to the competition, it doesnt seem to be the kiddies much either as nothing is appealing to them. They need to clean house and expand beyond the, "wear gonna be stubborn till we sink" mentality they have with console gaming.

@Desmonic said:

I don't think Nintendo and logic are great friends :P They make some great games and all, but damn..they have too many "WTF?" moments lol

Basically... THIS!

BPoole96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#133 BPoole96
Member since 2008 • 22818 Posts

@Pffrbt said:
@BPoole96 said:

The Wii U is the perfect gaming console for people that don't really like video games

That doesn't really make sense when you consider how it's more of a pure gaming console than its contemporaries and how it currently has more games worth owning and more games worth owning coming to it compared to either the PS4 and Xbone, which have essentially nothing until mid 2015 at the earliest. Unless you feel like playing the same mediocre games you've played to death last gen with slightly prettier graphics.

The Wii U has been out an entire year longer than the PS4/XB1. It will take no time at all until both of them completely trump the Wii U's library both in exclusives and third party games not found on Wii U(they already do this).

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Yeah I love the WiiU... but it is a real issue. MK8 will be amazing, but not much else to look forward to. And when I really think about it all I want is the next Zelda and a Metroid to be announced... I tend to go elsewhere to fill my other gaming needs, and Nintendo really has no one else to blame but themselves for that

I love the WiiU gamepad for mobile retro gaming around the house and netflix, and I still play MH tri... but at this point Im not sure I would pick up another Nintendo console.... ESPECIALLY SINCE THEY ARE NEGLECTING METROID!! the way they treated samus during the 25yr anni made me sick.

super600

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#135 super600  Moderator
Member since 2007 • 33103 Posts

@TheEroica said:

@super600 said:
@TheEroica said:

Im actually confused as to what the Nintendo demographic is anymore? and thats not to say they don't still make great games for everyone to play, but what actually IS their target demographic... its not the 16-25 year olds or anything older, the online service is gimped hard by comparison to the competition, it doesnt seem to be the kiddies much either as nothing is appealing to them. They need to clean house and expand beyond the, "wear gonna be stubborn till we sink" mentality they have with console gaming.

@Desmonic said:

I don't think Nintendo and logic are great friends :P They make some great games and all, but damn..they have too many "WTF?" moments lol

Basically... THIS!

It's actually people older than that and children(and there families to an extent). Nintendo tried to focus on the teen and/or the 18-34 group with the WiiU and 3ds(to an extent) and did not really focus on the groups that they were really successful with on the Wii and DS which I talked about above. They do need to get better online functionality for the products and they really need to appeal to children( and not just there families) and some of the other people that bought a Wii or DS last gen. Iwata talked a bit abut this awhile ago.

SonySoldier-_-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136 SonySoldier-_-
Member since 2012 • 1186 Posts

@StrongDeadlift said:

Whats even worse

How is that "worse" when the second set of games you listed looks to be several times better than the first set of games you listed? SSBU, Bayonetta 2, and Mario Kart 8 alone destroy that first set of games you listed.

I know the Wii U isn't doing very well, but your example for that is very flawed.

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60711 Posts

Nintendo saving gamers money since 2012.

4myAmuzumament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138 4myAmuzumament
Member since 2013 • 1791 Posts

Only getting WiiU for Smash. Then I'll just wait on the first party library to build while I get good at the new Smash.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#139 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
Member since 2012 • 9317 Posts

It pains me Bayonetta 2 will be sent to die on that shitty console...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#140  Edited By deactivated-5cd08b1605da1
@KBFloYd said:

besides smash and mario kart are the biggest games of the year...besides call of duty and titanfall. ps4 has nothing...absolutley nothing.

PS4 has nothing?

http://www.gamesradar.com/upcoming-ps4-games/

(some of them arent 2014 but the vast majority is)

Unless you mean "exclusives" only (then why you mentioned CoD and Titanfall?) the PS4 library for 2014 is definitely bigger and better than the WiiUs

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

Secondary system confirmed? Yeah, I think so.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#142  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@Vatusus said:

the ps3 must have been a shitty console because the first one died there too.

@Vatusus said:
@KBFloYd said:

besides smash and mario kart are the biggest games of the year...besides call of duty and titanfall. ps4 has nothing...absolutley nothing.

PS4 has nothing?

Unless you mean "exclusives" only (then why you mentioned CoD and Titanfall?) the PS4 library for 2014 is definitely bigger and better than the WiiUs

ps4 has destiny and thats it (a shooter).....order1886 might get hyped since there are no games.

drive downgrade club will sell like shit.

assasins creed....maybe the division (ubisoft garbage)....batman part 3

the last of us..milk edition

and a bunch of indie games and shovelware

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143 deactivated-5cd08b1605da1

@KBFloYd said:

@Vatusus said:

@Vatusus said:
@KBFloYd said:

PS4 has nothing?

ps4 has destiny and thats it (a shooter).....order1886 might get hyped since there are no games.

still better line-up than the WiiU

Oh and bayonetta 1 sold more than 1 million units on PS3/360. lets see how much bayo 2 will sell. then we can talk

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@BPoole96 said:

The Wii U has been out an entire year longer than the PS4/XB1. It will take no time at all until both of them completely trump the Wii U's library both in exclusives and third party games not found on Wii U(they already do this).

Looking at lists for everything announced for them, there's not going to be anything for either of them for another year and a half. The Wii U got games worth owning far quicker than that.

@Vatusus said:

Better than not being made at all.

@Vatusus said:

PS4 has nothing?

The only games worth owning on that list are either going to be better on PC or we'll be lucky to see coming out by the end of 2015.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

@GearsOfWarLover said:

Okay the only thing i see from you is your own opinion....THANK GOD you are the vocal minority.

Why would it be a good thing that someone who is not praising boring mediocrity is a vocal minority.

"Your own opinion and if someone doesnt like nintendo games, wii u has nothing worth playing, ever..."

It has PlatinumGames. That alone makes it far more worthwhile than the other two consoles.

@JangoWuzHere said:

Nintendo is the soul definition of rehashes and big budget crap.

How if their franchises see infrequent releases with tons of variety and polish.

@speak_low said:

So if you knew these other games were SO terrible, why are you playing Tomb Raider 2013, TLOU, Arkham City, GTA, CoD, BF4, Assassins Creed and all of these multiplats?

Curiosity to see if they were actually good, and they were available to rent.

"Why do you even have a PS3"
Because it has games that I want to play.

"It's called fully rounding out your game library to satisfy millions of gamers waiting for the big exclusives."
I don't care. The majority of these multiplat games are uninteresting as hell and the few that look good I can just play a better version of on PC. And most of the "big exclusives" look completely uninteresting as well.

"You shouldn't have even plopped $30-$60 down for these games and popped them into your console."
Thankfully, I didn't. The only one I bought was Arkham City, which I then sold.

"The only explanation I can see here is that you're not being entirely honest."
I'm being entirely honest. Me finding these games uninteresting and mediocre doesn't mean I won't consider spending $5 on them in a Steam sale or renting them when I have nothing better to play at the moment.

"You'll be playing future Naughty Dog, Ubisoft, DICE, Rocksteady (yeah, you'll play Arkham Knight you silly hypocrite) and even checking out the new E3 trailers for EA games like everyone else."
Naughty Dog - No. TLOU killed them for me and I don't think I can care about another mediocre cover shooter like Uncharted.
Ubisoft - Yeah, I'll be checking out Child of Light and Rayman Legends when I can get a good deal on Steam some time.
DICE - I am interested to see how Mirror's Edge 2 turns out. I'll get it on sale on Steam some time, unless it's Origin exclusive, in which case I won't bother.
Rocksteady - I'll check on Arkham Knight when it's less than $10 on Steam.
EA trailers - I really sincerely doubt it.

"Fact of the matter is, Nintendo is solid on the technical aspects like game mechnics."
In other words, one of the most important aspects of a game, and something the majority of developers have stopped bothering with.

"But gaming can't rely on them alone when it comes to other things that need to move forward. In terms of storytelling, graphical fidelity in environments, AI, larger worlds - these things are being explored by other devs far more than Nintendo."
These should never come at the expense of the game actually being fun. 90% of the time they do.

"when was the last time Nintendo tried to write a mature and intelligent story or improve AI or facial animation? Where is their sandbox game? Or photo-realistic game"
Who really gives a shit. None of these are necessary to creating a fantastic game and often times focusing on them is detrimental to the game.

"But they aren't even attempting many other things that also help drive the medium forward."
The thing is, is that 90% of the time the things you mentioned that "move the medium forward" result in depressing, boring, mediocrity. In which case it's not really benefiting the medium at all.

"You're discounting quite a lot if you think Nintendo EAD is all that's needed in the gaming world today."
I don't think Nintendo EAD is all that's needed. There are other developers that make fantastic games. Like Platinum.

"You already said too much when you went into detail about Arkham City and Tomb Raider 2013."
How.

"If it took you until 2013 to make these conclusions, you are the slowest of the slow"
It didn't take till 2013 to make these conclusions.

You are the person that whined about Bayonetta 2 not having cutting edge graphics, as if that were something that actually mattered in the face of such incredible, over the top action and appealing visuals, so obviously we're not going to see eye to eye on anything.

93BlackHawk93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#146 93BlackHawk93
Member since 2010 • 8611 Posts

@Vatusus said:

@KBFloYd said:

@Vatusus said:

@Vatusus said:
@KBFloYd said:

PS4 has nothing?

still better line-up than the WiiU

Oh and bayonetta 1 sold more than 1 million units on PS3/360. lets see how much bayo 2 will sell. then we can talk

Lol.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#147 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Yeah, that's why i am waiting to buy one

KiZZo1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148 KiZZo1
Member since 2007 • 3989 Posts

Lol, the crappy sales will scare away even the shovelware ... leaving the same tired, old IPs, rehashed to death ...