The Wii= least faulty console

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hamstergeddon
Member since 2006 • 7188 Posts
Think about it. Recently, everybody has been bashing on the other system's faultiness. Cows seem to never give up the 360's early failure, and the lems have recently been bashing the PS3's failure rate. ( An.....extensive thread just came out showing how bad the PS3's survivability rate really is.) But the one thing you never hear about is the any Wiis dying. Sure, mine has frozen up on me a couple times, but it hasn't been permenantly damaged in any way. Compared to any other system's fatality rate, the Wii has been doing outstanding. Maybe it has to due with the Wiis relatively simple innards, or something of that matter. I think this is an accurate representation of the Wii vs. the other two. The Wii's mechanics may be worse by a lot, but what it does have, it is able to manage with what it has.
MikeE21286

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 MikeE21286
Member since 2003 • 10405 Posts
Yeah, Nintendo never really has probelms with their production.  Must have some solid Quality Management Control people on staff there (that's my major BTW that's why I mention it lol).
Silchas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Silchas
Member since 2006 • 17050 Posts
Gamecube is practically indestructable.
The Wii hopefully too.
Use enter.
-Xplode-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -Xplode-
Member since 2006 • 576 Posts

Think about it. Recently, everybody has been bashing on the other system's faultiness. Cows seem to never give up the 360's early failure, and the lems have recently been bashing the PS3's failure rate. ( An.....extensive thread just came out showing how bad the PS3's survivability rate really is.) But the one thing you never hear about is the any Wiis dying. Sure, mine has frozen up on me a couple times, but it hasn't been permenantly damaged in any way. Compared to any other system's fatality rate, the Wii has been doing outstanding. Maybe it has to due with the Wiis relatively simple innards, or something of that matter. I think this is an accurate representation of the Wii vs. the other two. The Wii's mechanics may be worse by a lot, but what it does have, it is able to manage with what it has. hamstergeddon

hi my wii just died.

whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
ok, so i'll drive a ferrari and you drive a honda. we'll see which breaks down first. i mean, c'mon here, its apples to oranges. when you're doing things at limits, you're bound to give up some reliability. not to mention that they've had about 8 years or so to work with the same basic machine. if it wasnt realiable that would be pathetic.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 wavebrid
Member since 2006 • 8204 Posts

Nintendo has problems with wii

but there got great coustomer serivce

NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 NRGCDS
Member since 2005 • 1470 Posts

Well the reason the wii is doing well is because of the controller. There are Some people like me that is tierd of the same controller over and over again. if the wii did not have that Motion controller and use the same controller I would have brought and Xbox of the wii and I would Just stick with the Gamecube instead and have the Xbox with it.

haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
Yeah, Nintendo never really has probelms with their production. Must have some solid Quality Management Control people on staff there (that's my major BTW that's why I mention it lol).MikeE21286
Yeah excpect for the DS lite, nintendo has some high quality stuff. Heck My snes still works even today.
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NRGCDS

wavebrid
Wavebrid you have the problem with cocaine stay off it ok Nintendo has no problems with it.
BigBadButters

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 BigBadButters
Member since 2006 • 933 Posts
my Wii is a tank, it only freezes ever on the internet channel (beta crap) and i only know 1 of like 3 ppl i know with Wiis has had to get it replaced (update screw up thing)
wii60ftw-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 wii60ftw-
Member since 2006 • 775 Posts
yea becaused they mastered the 6 year old hardware years ago
MoldOnHold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 MoldOnHold
Member since 2005 • 11760 Posts
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

NRGCDS
Wavebrid you have the problem with cocaine stay off it ok Nintendo has no problems with it.

Wait....what?
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 hamstergeddon

[QUOTE="hamstergeddon"] Think about it. Recently, everybody has been bashing on the other system's faultiness. Cows seem to never give up the 360's early failure, and the lems have recently been bashing the PS3's failure rate. ( An.....extensive thread just came out showing how bad the PS3's survivability rate really is.) But the one thing you never hear about is the any Wiis dying. Sure, mine has frozen up on me a couple times, but it hasn't been permenantly damaged in any way. Compared to any other system's fatality rate, the Wii has been doing outstanding. Maybe it has to due with the Wiis relatively simple innards, or something of that matter. I think this is an accurate representation of the Wii vs. the other two. The Wii's mechanics may be worse by a lot, but what it does have, it is able to manage with what it has. -Xplode-

hi my wii just died.

ok, so i'll drive a ferrari and you drive a honda. we'll see which breaks down first. i mean, c'mon here, its apples to oranges. when you're doing things at limits, you're bound to give up some reliability. not to mention that they've had about 8 years or so to work with the same basic machine. if it wasnt realiable that would be pathetic.whoisryanmack
For the extra you paid to get that Ferrari, you should expect to get some extra reliability. If you're paying $350 more for a system, you should expect just as much reliability, if not more.
whoisryanmack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 whoisryanmack
Member since 2006 • 7675 Posts
[QUOTE="-Xplode-"]

[QUOTE="hamstergeddon"] Think about it. Recently, everybody has been bashing on the other system's faultiness. Cows seem to never give up the 360's early failure, and the lems have recently been bashing the PS3's failure rate. ( An.....extensive thread just came out showing how bad the PS3's survivability rate really is.) But the one thing you never hear about is the any Wiis dying. Sure, mine has frozen up on me a couple times, but it hasn't been permenantly damaged in any way. Compared to any other system's fatality rate, the Wii has been doing outstanding. Maybe it has to due with the Wiis relatively simple innards, or something of that matter. I think this is an accurate representation of the Wii vs. the other two. The Wii's mechanics may be worse by a lot, but what it does have, it is able to manage with what it has. hamstergeddon

hi my wii just died.

ok, so i'll drive a ferrari and you drive a honda. we'll see which breaks down first. i mean, c'mon here, its apples to oranges. when you're doing things at limits, you're bound to give up some reliability. not to mention that they've had about 8 years or so to work with the same basic machine. if it wasnt realiable that would be pathetic.whoisryanmack
For the extra you paid to get that Ferrari, you should expect to get some extra reliability. If you're paying $350 more for a system, you should expect just as much reliability, if not more.

thats not how it works. it would be nice, but it is impossible to have your cake and eat it too. if you make your parts work harder, they won't last as long.
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 hamstergeddon
yea becaused they mastered the 6 year old hardware years agowii60ftw-
you should really look into changing your name.....=D
NRGCDS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 NRGCDS
yea becaused they mastered the 6 year old hardware years agowii60ftw-
wii60ftw get of the cocaine and quit thinking that the wii is for kids, its for every ages.
Kinitari

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Kinitari
Member since 2005 • 3472 Posts
Really -read- the PS3 thread, maybe take a look at my post in it!
lilrush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 lilrush
Member since 2005 • 1695 Posts
Sure, when there's hardly anything inside your console, there's hardly anything to go wrong.
bubble-wrap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bubble-wrap
Member since 2005 • 492 Posts
Well my wii had a problem it had black spot all over the screen (and it was the wii) but Nintendo shiped me a brand new one and when i got it a shiped back the old one.  They were really nice and it was only on the phone for like 10 mintues some of the best costermer services ever. 
haris12121212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 haris12121212
Member since 2004 • 7560 Posts
Well my wii had a problem it had black spot all over the screen (and it was the wii) but Nintendo shiped me a brand new one and when i got it a shiped back the old one. They were really nice and it was only on the phone for like 10 mintues some of the best costermer services ever. bubble-wrap
If your warranty is still "on" everyone does this, heck if your console breaks before the normal 90 day warranty, you can cahnge it in 5 min without a single question, all you need is go to the shop where you bought it. I doubt nintendo would ship you a new Wii if it didn't have any warranty.
DarthLukeboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 DarthLukeboy
Member since 2005 • 1922 Posts
What about all those bricked Wiis that happened after the update?
hamstergeddon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hamstergeddon
What about all those bricked Wiis that happened after the update?DarthLukeboy
??? I don't understand
Mystic_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Mystic_Legend
Member since 2005 • 960 Posts
The Wii was pretty much built over the Gamecubes architecture, so it better not have problems.
wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 wavebrid
[QUOTE="wavebrid"]

NRGCDS

ok than explain to me why i had to send my old wii into Nintendo and got a new one in two days :|

wavebrid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 wavebrid
[QUOTE="NRGCDS"][QUOTE="wavebrid"]

MoldOnHold

Wait....what?

he thinks im making it up

this is what happen my files occrpouted and at first didnt say that.

i trun the system on didnt come to anything for awhile but to shut it off i had to unplug the wii from the wall or back of the wii...

i call that a problem