The Wii is going to outsell the PS2

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jedigemini
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

The Wii is selling faster than the PS2 did at this point in its lifecycle, is talked about more in the mainstream than the PS2 was at this point in its lifecycle, has recieved more media attention than the PS2 did at this point in its lifecycle, has higher demand than the PS2 at this point in its lifecycle, and is catering to an market that's nearly 100 percent larger than the PS2 audience... non gamers.

Am I saying that when all is said and done that the Wii will not only sell over 100 million units but it will also have the same strength in software support as the PS2 did?

Yes... yes I am.

Aalex728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Aalex728
Member since 2005 • 655 Posts

The Wii is selling faster than the PS2 did at this point in its lifecycle, is talked about more in the mainstream than the PS2 was at this point in its lifecycle, has recieved more media attention than the PS2 did at this point in its lifecycle, and is catering to an market that's nearly 100 percent larger than the PS2 audience... non gamers.

Am I saying that when all is said and done that the Wii will not only sell over 100 million units but it will also have the same strength in software support as the PS2 did?

Yes... yes I am.

jedigemini

yay for fanboys!

asdasd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 asdasd
Member since 2005 • 4464 Posts
I really doubt that it will. I doubt that the wii will last as long as the PS2 did/still is.
ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts

My, you're feeling confident today...

I'd say about 70 mil.. just a guess though. It wouldn't take more sales than the PS2 to have better games than it, IMO.

sinarilias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 sinarilias
Member since 2004 • 2185 Posts
You have been posting Wii promoting topics the past few days. I thought I informed you that flooding the board with fanboy threads is allowed in this board
LongshotX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 LongshotX2
Member since 2006 • 842 Posts

Here's some better information on the future. 

Bill Gates will go bankrupt and M$ will crumble to dust.

sinarilias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 sinarilias

You have been posting Wii promoting topics the past few days. I thought I informed you that flooding the board with fanboy threads is allowed in this boardsinarilias

"not allowed" :lol:

ShakeNBake1491

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 ShakeNBake1491
Member since 2004 • 3055 Posts

LongshotX2

Haha, like that'll ever happen :lol:

Oh wait..... I see what ya did there...
Aalex728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Aalex728

LongshotX2

lol uh...never heard that one before

Taz-Bone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Taz-Bone
Member since 2004 • 1388 Posts
Maybe, if they can produce more Wiis than they do now.
solidgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 solidgamer
Member since 2005 • 7542 Posts
no im a sheep
Endfinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Endfinal
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts
That joke for a system? I hope not.
gsx1100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gsx1100
Member since 2004 • 5263 Posts

The Wii is selling faster than the PS2 did at this point in its lifecycle, is talked about more in the mainstream than the PS2 was at this point in its lifecycle, has recieved more media attention than the PS2 did at this point in its lifecycle, has higher demand than the PS2 at this point in its lifecycle, and is catering to an market that's nearly 100 percent larger than the PS2 audience... non gamers.

Yes... yes I am.

jedigemini

The PS2 didn't have a worldwide launch like the Wii did so what part of its life cycle are you comparing to the Wii?Are you talking about 5 months after its realeased in Europe or 5 months after it released in Japan?

mr_w25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mr_w25
Member since 2005 • 781 Posts
ha!? are you serious? the ps2 sold like what 115 million units what the wii at 5...?
Aalex728

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Aalex728

by what the people in this thread are saying....the creater of this thread got owned

sinarilias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 sinarilias

by what the people in this thread are saying....the creater of this thread got owned

Aalex728

Dont worry. The Topic Creater, jedigemeni, is a Wii fanboy who posts 10 topics a day about the Wii. You can ignore him.

Illumination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Illumination
Member since 2005 • 2109 Posts

The Wii is selling faster than the PS2 did at this point in its lifecycle, is talked about more in the mainstream than the PS2 was at this point in its lifecycle, has recieved more media attention than the PS2 did at this point in its lifecycle, has higher demand than the PS2 at this point in its lifecycle, and is catering to an market that's nearly 100 percent larger than the PS2 audience... non gamers.

Yes... yes I am.

jedigemini

The ONLY reason the ps2 hit 100 million is because it breaks so damn easilly. There are nowehere near 100 m illion ps2 owners in the world. Not even close to that #. 

jedigemini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jedigemini
Member since 2007 • 2483 Posts

Aalex728

Really? So they owned my predictions with their predictions? Doesnt sound like ownage to me... and at least my opinion is based on some fact, that the Wii is doing better than the PS2 at this point in their respective lifecycles.

Illumination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Illumination
Member since 2005 • 2109 Posts

I'd say about 70 mil.. just a guess though. It wouldn't take more sales than the PS2 to have better games than it, IMO.

ShakeNBake1491

The ps2 has the worst video game linup in history and look how popualr it is? The wii is MORE the ncapable of surpassing the ps2.   

tarzanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 tarzanell
Member since 2006 • 1503 Posts

Meh, the Wii will definitely sell well, but it's too early to say how well. The game breadth needs to increase DRAMATICALLY if they want to remain competitive, and so far there aren't a whole lot of games that will provide competition down the line.

"But OMG No more Heroes SSBB SMG MP3 Project O Sadness etc etc etc." I know, I'm 100% sheep too, but we need to face facts, these games really need to push it if the Wii is going to see any longevity.

stilfro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 stilfro
Member since 2005 • 372 Posts
The Wii won't likely sell more than the PS2. Nintendo doesn't ever have problems with their hardware malfunctioning, so Sheep won't get stuck buying 2 or 3 Wiis overtime like Cows did last gen.
johnman05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#22 johnman05
Member since 2005 • 1029 Posts

The Wii is selling faster than the PS2 did at this point in its lifecycle, is talked about more in the mainstream than the PS2 was at this point in its lifecycle, has recieved more media attention than the PS2 did at this point in its lifecycle, has higher demand than the PS2 at this point in its lifecycle, and is catering to an market that's nearly 100 percent larger than the PS2 audience... non gamers.

Yes... yes I am.

jedigemini
The Wii game selection now and in the future won't match up to the awesome game selection the PS2 had, so I dought it will even pass 100 mil.
BigDaddyPOLO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BigDaddyPOLO
Member since 2005 • 2251 Posts
[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

Yes... yes I am.

Illumination77

The ONLY reason the ps2 hit 100 million is because it breaks so damn easilly. There are nowehere near 100 m illion ps2 owners in the world. Not even close to that #.

That's why I've had one since lauch and the only thing that's happened so far is that the fan got a little louder, yeah?
chrisoff_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 chrisoff_1
Member since 2003 • 4138 Posts
[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

Yes... yes I am.

Illumination77

you think its a 100million because of broken consoles? so how many do you think they actually sold? i look forward to your awnser

buuboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 buuboy
Member since 2003 • 508 Posts
[QUOTE="jedigemini"]

The Wii is selling faster than the PS2 did at this point in its lifecycle, is talked about more in the mainstream than the PS2 was at this point in its lifecycle, has recieved more media attention than the PS2 did at this point in its lifecycle, and is catering to an market that's nearly 100 percent larger than the PS2 audience... non gamers.

Yes... yes I am.

Aalex728

yay for fanboys!

That's not fanboy-ism. he is merely stating facts. Just because you know marketing specs doesnt make you a fanboy. Learn what you are talking about! 

chrisoff_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 chrisoff_1
Member since 2003 • 4138 Posts
[QUOTE="ShakeNBake1491"]

Illumination77

The ps2 has the worst video game linup in history and look how popualr it is? The wii is MORE the ncapable of surpassing the ps2.   

LOL:lol:ps2 worst lineup in history thats some fantastic fanboyism your displaying

Endfinal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Endfinal
Member since 2007 • 875 Posts
[QUOTE="ShakeNBake1491"]

Illumination77

50+ AAA games and you call it the worse video game lineup? The damage control is strong with this one.  

Ezgam3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ezgam3r
Member since 2006 • 2308 Posts
[QUOTE="ShakeNBake1491"]

Illumination77

:| Unplug your keyboard. NOW!

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts
I didn't read your post. I didn't needed to. All I got to say is Nintendo make durable consoles, so it can be next to impossible to sell as many Wii's as the PS2, since some of the millions of units sold were replacement....
sinarilias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sinarilias
[QUOTE="Illumination77"][QUOTE="ShakeNBake1491"]

Ezgam3r

The ps2 has the WORST VIDEO GAME LINEUP IN HISTORY and look how popualr it is? The wii is MORE the ncapable of surpassing the ps2.

:| Unplug your keyboard. NOW!

Every one knows that statement was the dumbest statement ever. Not saying that the PS2 is the best of course.