The whole Xbox One X Enhanced thing needs to go.

• 117 results
freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

It's like that "Only on Playstation" shit, and then going multiplat.

I've seen it appear on covers ever since the release of the console. It means ****-all. It started with games like Dynasty Warriors. Looked like shit, ran like shit. Everything shit. So, that logo is already lying. But I gave Microsoft a chance because:

1. The Japanese can't code.

3. The Japanese don't care about the Xbox.

I'll be fair to Microsoft. They can't control all third party titles, and there have been succes stories like Far Cry 5.

But then State of Decay 2 releases. Comes with a 14gb update and it's still ass. And it has the whole X1X enhanced logo on the cover. What's going on? First party game that released in an abhorrent state on the Xbox One X. That is just plain silly. And I hope Jeff calls them out on this during E3, like he did with the Master Chief Collection.

Anyway, thoughts? Yeah, throw it at me, I don't dig Xbox.

I would be able to dig them more if they didn't keep fucking up. Time and time again. This e3. That's it. They better bring their shit. I've got over 130.000 gamerscore. Okay. I'm like, their best customer. So, me going, it's gonna go all wrong.

Mod Edit: removed derogatory reference.

sealionact

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 sealionact
Member since 2014 • 9811 Posts

You been at that loopy juice again?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

This thread is enhanced on Xbox one x.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@freedomfreak: Japanese don't care about the lemming box, duh

Avatar image for deactivated-5c18005f903a1
deactivated-5c18005f903a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-5c18005f903a1
Member since 2016 • 4626 Posts

@recloud said:

@freedomfreak: Japanese don't care about the lemming box, duh

I though Japan was irrelevant now.

ReCloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ReCloud
Member since 2018 • 4418 Posts

@freedomfreak: oh, and MS can DEMAND devs to optimize their games for x1x if they want to put that logo on their games.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

It's a selling point. Not a good one, but that's what they have to work with.

And lol, does SOD2 really have that on the box?

It looks like a shiny 360 game.

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

Than again are those games run not as good on the regular XB1?? If so than they are enhanced with the Xb1x

Ross_the_Boss6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Ross_the_Boss6
Member since 2009 • 4056 Posts

Meaningless marketing tags have been around forever. Not sure why people still fall for them.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Corporations feed on the fools that can't see past advertising

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts

@freedomfreak: Salty? But seriously i think all the enhanced games that are on the X are top notch and rival on what i play on my PC.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#13 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5242 Posts

What is with the use of spoiler space after "***"?

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12060 Posts

LOL..............mad at marketing language...............LOL....................

The-A-Baum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 The-A-Baum
Member since 2015 • 1370 Posts

Tito's Vodka is Gluten Free! (It's been a big gimmick for them for years)

Guess what? all Liquor is!

I don't get what's not to like about enhanced though. If I can play a game in all it's splendor I damn well want that 4k HDR goodness! And nobody forces you to download it!

How do people bitch about options?

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44093 Posts

No it doesn’t however your derogatory reference to Japanese definitely needs to go though.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

Cut them some slack. They probably had a few very intense group meetings to come up with that slogan.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Maybe you’re the one that needs to go of this is what riles you up.

rafaelmsoares

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By rafaelmsoares
Member since 2018 • 657 Posts

I don't think it needs to go, as it's their whole branding at this point... but they really should deliver on this promise more consistently.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52423 Posts

Are people not getting this?

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#21 Pedro
Member since 2002 • 69345 Posts

Xbox One X Enhanced simply tells me that I am not going to experience the mediocre Xbox One version. How is this information a bad thing?

Until Xbox One X becomes the default platform the inclusion of that label is beneficial.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#22 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17790 Posts

Well, it is a console after all. How enhanced do you expect it to be? If you care about quality, you play on PC.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Pedro

@BassMan said:

Well, it is a console after all. How enhanced do you expect it to be? If you care about quality, you play on PC.

You don't get tired with your rhetoric?

Ten_Pints

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Ten_Pints
Member since 2014 • 4072 Posts

The real enhanced editions of XBox games are the PC versions, even with the shitty Microsoft store.

But still no amount of graphics can make up for a shit/unfinished game.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BassMan

@Pedro: Never. :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

No it doesn't.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#27 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

No I disagree, love the X-Enhanced program....but to be clear, I dont care about it being on the box or for marketing purposes, it is up to the customer to research what is the difference between base and X-enhanced version.

But I like having clear labels like this and the list to look at as a reference point to my own collection, to know which game got the X patch and which supports HDR or not. I agree not all are enhanced very nicely, it varies from game to game....but by and large, the majority are significant improvements from the base version.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pedro

@BassMan said:

@Pedro: Never. :)

I am convinced.

Dr_Vancouver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Dr_Vancouver
Member since 2017 • 1046 Posts

I own an XBoneX, and personally I would much rather any enhancements at all as opposed to running games at LaunchBone/S specs. That's just gross on a 65" 4K television.

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@freedomfreak said:

The Japsanese can't code.

The Japsanese don't care about the Xbox.

Uhh is this intentional thats racism isn't it?

Zaryia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zaryia
Member since 2016 • 21607 Posts
@Pedro said:
@BassMan said:

You don't get tired with your rhetoric?

He's just stating facts.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41524 Posts

@zaryia: "Don't be a cuck. That's why Trump won. MAGA!"

Sorry, I couldn't help it. :P

sovkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 sovkhan
Member since 2015 • 1591 Posts

@Ross_the_Boss6 said:

Meaningless marketing tags have been around forever. Not sure why people still fall for them.

Nuff said!!!

Shewgenja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Shewgenja
Member since 2009 • 21456 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

Are people not getting this?

Loading Video...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#36  Edited By lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44532 Posts

I think anybody with either an X or a Pro would like to know if the games are enhanced to take advantage of their mid-gen upgrades. The games that do are sometimes very impressive.

That being said, yeah, Japanese devs have been super lazy with enhanced ports. Take the Dark Souls Remaster, they capped the resolution on XB1X so PS4 Pro has parity, but yeah, lazy on both accounts since neither enhanced versions do anything other than render their base versions at a higher resolution. I wouldn't put it past them for capping XB1X resolution for parity reasons, last gen they deliberately disabled party chat, under guise of being deliberate to enhance experience buy really done because PS3 couldn't do party chat, this remaster gives me reason to believe their previous party chat disabling excuse was really just a cover for pandering to Sony.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#37 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts
@BassMan said:

Yet you claim to own consoles to play exclusives, so by your logic, you don't care about quality at all, or you're lying about owning the consoles, or you're lying about owning a high end PC.

So which is it? Do you play on console as a form of videogaming self harming or are you just lying through your teeth about the whole thing?

Are you still claiming to get ill when you play at 30fps? lol, SO much lying bullshit from one poster is really quite a thing.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BassMan

@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

Yet you claim to own consoles to play exclusives, so by your logic, you don't care about quality at all, or you're lying about owning the consoles, or you're lying about owning a high end PC.

So which is it? Do you play on console as a form of videogaming self harming or are you just lying through your teeth about the whole thing?

Are you still claiming to get ill when you play at 30fps? lol, SO much lying bullshit from one poster is really quite a thing.

I don't lie about any of this shit. I do not like 30fps, but I am not going to deny myself an exclusive if I am interested in it. I buy all games on PC if the option is available. Exclusives force me to play on shit hardware and I am not going to pretend to be happy about it.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

@freedomfreak said:

It's like that "Only on Playstation" shit, and then going multiplat.

I've seen it appear on covers ever since the release of the console. It means ****-all. It started with games like Dynasty Warriors. Looked like shit, ran like shit. Everything shit. So, that logo is already lying. But I gave Microsoft a chance because:

1. The Japsanese can't code.

3. The Japsanese don't care about the Xbox.

I'll be fair to Microsoft. They can't control all third party titles, and there have been succes stories like Far Cry 5.

But then State of Decay 2 releases. Comes with a 14gb update and it's still ass. And it has the whole X1X enhanced logo on the cover. What's going on? First party game that released in an abhorrent state on the Xbox One X. That is just plain silly. And I hope Jeff calls them out on this during E3, like he did with the Master Chief Collection.

Anyway, thoughts? Yeah, throw it at me, I don't dig Xbox.

I would be able to dig them more if they didn't keep fucking up. Time and time again. This e3. That's it. They better bring their shit. I've got over 130.000 gamerscore. Okay. I'm like, their best customer. So, me going, it's gonna go all wrong.

130k in Gamerscore only makes you a baby gamer lol, and trust me you're nowhere near they're best customer, so stop the drama queen act.

In the end if you're sick of it then leave, its as simple as that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

I don't lie about any of this shit. I do not like 30fps, but I am not going to deny myself an exclusive if I am interested in it. I buy all games on PC if the option is available. Exclusives force me to play on shit hardware and I am not going to pretend to be happy about it.

So basically you're a hypocrite, calls consoles shit and states if you want quality you get a PC and yet still plays games on console lol. Show some conviction and practise what you preach because you look like a fool much like other (fake) hermits on here.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

So basically you're a hypocrite, calls consoles shit and states if you want quality you get a PC and yet still plays games on console lol. Show some conviction and practise what you preach because you look like a fool much like other (fake) hermits on here.

Coming from the same clown that claims to be a racing game fan but has never tried VR and yet somehow hates it, this is pretty hilarious.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@quadknight said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

Coming from the same clown that claims to be a racing game fan but has never tried VR and yet somehow hates it, this is pretty hilarious.

I was going to say my old sparring partner quack has shown up, but when I'm beating you up constantly its hardly sparring lol.

If you're so desperate to keep VR alive go make some threads about all those great VR games Sony and its top studios are making, oh wait my bad.

Don't confuse me when i say that VR is a gimmick to thinking I hate it, because to hate something I would need to think about it all the time and be passionate about hating it (you know like you and Xbox) and with VR I never think about it, I just jump into the VR threads because I know you cows hate it and it makes me LOL, everyone knows this but you and a few loony VR nuts.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

I don't see how I am a hypocrite. I only play exclusives on console because I do not have the option to play those games on PC. The console shortcomings definitely impact my experience with these games in a negative way. However, there are some exclusives that I do not want to pass up on because they are quality games otherwise. So, I do feel that consoles are shit, but they do have some good games held hostage on them that would be much better played on PC.

GioVela2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 GioVela2010
Member since 2008 • 5566 Posts

But it’s true, and even makes X1X versions better than many PC versions

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:
@BassMan said:

I don't see how I am a hypocrite. I only play exclusives on console because I do not have the option to play those games on PC. The console shortcomings definitely impact my experience with these games in a negative way. However, there are some exclusives that I do not want to pass up on because they are quality games otherwise. So, I do feel that consoles are shit, but they do have some good games held hostage on them that would be much better played on PC.

Yeah you're a hypocrite we know this, but thanks for confirming it once again.

Epak_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Epak_
Member since 2004 • 11911 Posts

Nah, SoD2 is still enhanced on the X, it looks and runs better on it than on the S. It's not like they're lying, they are incompetent though.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@blueinheaven said:

Whatever. You are just trolling at this point. Not worth my time.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:

Whatever. You are just trolling at this point. Not worth my time.

No trolling.

You have said that playing games at 30fps is not playing them "properly" whereas playing them at 60fps is. You talk up PC like its the holy grail of gaming and how console suck EVERY chance you get.

Then you go out and buy these consoles and play games at 30fps, so that makes you a hypocrite with no conviction for your so called beliefs.

I know its hard for you to understand because if you did you wouldn't either own consoles and play games at 30fps or wouldn't carry on about the PC being the holy grail.

Hopefully that helps you understand (yeah right) and have a nice day :)

henrythefifth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#49 henrythefifth
Member since 2016 • 2502 Posts

Serious answer?

The whole enhanced on X1X is pure neuro linguistic programming.

MS keeps telling players their console enhances old games. Xbone owners, being very gullible and simple people, start believing it.

In the end, they believe it so strongly, that they start actually seeing enhanced graphics on their old 360 and OXB games. Even tho there is no real enhancement!

No, its true. I've seen people play old games on their Xbone. And the games look exactly the same they did on 360.

So, its all hokum.

Pedro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Pedro

@henrythefifth said:

Serious answer?

The whole enhanced on X1X is pure neuro linguistic programming.

MS keeps telling players their console enhances old games. Xbone owners, being very gullible and simple people, start believing it.

In the end, they believe it so strongly, that they start actually seeing enhanced graphics on their old 360 and OXB games. Even tho there is no real enhancement!

No, its true. I've seen people play old games on their Xbone. And the games look exactly the same they did on 360.

So, its all hokum.

I don't think you know what is classified as Xbox One X enhanced.