The Whole Jeff Thing Is Rediculous

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Fick1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 Fick1122
Member since 2006 • 2135 Posts

A reviewer should never, NEVER be let go because of a review. Sure, I hated Jeff after the whole Twilight Princess thing, but after beating the game, I, along with many, realized his review was accurate. Jeff was probably the best reviewer on Gamespot, and he wasn't afraid to give a game what it deserved. So now what are we supposed to believe? After this whole thing, I've realized that many game's reviews most likely aren't actually what the reviewer thinks; there could be so much more to it, such as the advertising on this site and paying for higher reviews.

And Eidos:

I will NEVER, ever buy a single game from you again. How about instead of crying about how bad your game suks, you could *gasp* make a good game? I know, crazy, isn't it? You're company will never be respected from many people now, including me.

-shmelo-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#2 -shmelo-
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
I think the score is somewhat fair, but the fanboy in me cries perfect. Then the gamer says "sit down and stfu!". Still its the best game on Wii (with Galaxy).
Yodas_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3 Yodas_Boy
Member since 2007 • 857 Posts
Jeff also gave Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 a 10/10. Does that make any sense to you, given that he gave Zelda an 8.8? He was a bad reviewer.
tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 tbone29
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Eh, it won't be a big deal for me to boycott Eidos. I never bought their games in the first place :P

Yeah, it is ridiculous though, firing him over doing his job when he basically gave it the review it's been getting. That is... if this is all true. We still don't know all the details, so I can't make judgement.

Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts

Gamespot their honesty has been BOUGHT. We can't trust their reviews. Jeff was one of the best, who knows what reviews have been influenced by money ?

Avatar image for Knight_of_Malta
Knight_of_Malta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 Knight_of_Malta
Member since 2005 • 4781 Posts
The supposed reason for his departure sounds kinda crazy, however I will not go crazy like some idiots making their suicide threads. To be honest, I dint like most of his reviews, but Jeff himself is pretty cool.
tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tbone29

Jeff also gave Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 a 10/10. Does that make any sense to you, given that he gave Zelda an 8.8? He was a bad reviewer.Yodas_Boy

Makes sense to me.

At the time, Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 was prime for skating games. It was considered flawless in it's respective genre, for the PS2 anyway.

The Twilight Princess was nothing more than a fan service and, while it was a fantastic game, it was more of the same. I think an 8.8 was fitting.

Microsoft1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Microsoft1234
Member since 2006 • 7683 Posts

A reviewer should never, NEVER be let go because of a review. Sure, I hated Jeff after the whole Twilight Princess thing, but after beating the game, I, along with many, realized his review was accurate. Jeff was probably the best reviewer on Gamespot, and he wasn't afraid to give a game what it deserved. So now what are we supposed to believe? After this whole thing, I've realized that many game's reviews most likely aren't actually what the reviewer thinks; there could be so much more to it, such as the advertising on this site and paying for higher reviews.

And Eidos:

I will NEVER, ever buy a single game from you again. How about instead of crying about how bad your game suks, you could *gasp* make a good game? I know, crazy, isn't it? You're company will never be respected from many people now, including me.

Fick1122

fck eidos, seriously i heard this like a couple minutes ago and was shocked that the jeff they were talking about was the one who reviewed tp (zelda), gamespot has alot to do

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 Kratos_OMEGA
Member since 2007 • 2872 Posts

Jeff also gave Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 a 10/10. Does that make any sense to you, given that he gave Zelda an 8.8? He was a bad reviewer.Yodas_Boy

Typical fanboy response. THPS3 came out 5 years before TP.

TeamR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TeamR
Member since 2002 • 1817 Posts

Shutup fanboy.

Congradulations for being the first person on these boards i've ever told to SHUT UP

You dont have to agree with his review. The important thing is that they were his un-tained opinions of a game. When outside influences start to influence game reviews, we have a problem. Just because you dont agree with his reviews doesnt make him a bad journalist

Doomlike_Mitc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Doomlike_Mitc
Member since 2006 • 4912 Posts

Maybe we should look at the release dates and expectations ?

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Kratos_OMEGA

[QUOTE="Yodas_Boy"]Jeff also gave Tony Hawk Pro Skater 3 a 10/10. Does that make any sense to you, given that he gave Zelda an 8.8? He was a bad reviewer.TeamR

Shutup fanboy.

Congradulations for being the first person on these boards i've ever told to SHUT UP

You dont have to agree with his review. The important thing is that they were his un-tained opinions of a game. When outside influences start to influence game reviews, we have a problem. Just because you dont agree with his reviews doesnt make him a bad journalist

I thought his charsima and sense of humour made him one of the best gaming journalists.

kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
I dont know what to think, I wont miss him but he was terminated for giving an accurate review. This is the most ironic event ever at gamespot. The guy who screwed up gamespot gets canned for giving one of his most accurate reviews.
air_wolf_cubed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#14 air_wolf_cubed
Member since 2004 • 10233 Posts
this reminds me of when x-play gave rock band a 5 out of 5 because the the makers of the game were on the show with them
peacebringer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#15 peacebringer
Member since 2006 • 3371 Posts

And Eidos:

Fick1122
Example Halo 3. I doubt if they let them actually review it they would have gave it a 9.5
pins_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 pins_basic
Member since 2003 • 11521 Posts
The whole thing is BS if he was fired over the K&L review. We need a legit review site and they don't seem to exist anymore.:(
kevy619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 kevy619
Member since 2004 • 5617 Posts
[QUOTE="Fick1122"]

And Eidos:

peacebringer

Example Halo 3. I doubt if they let them actually review it they would have gave it a 9.5

Maybe not, but Halo 3 was actually a very good game. Not every website is corrupt, and most of them gave Halo 3 high scores. Also, check the user reviews, see a pattern?

TheJuiceyBar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheJuiceyBar
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts
We get it, jeff is gone Tear Tear, now it`s over, get over it.
Avatar image for Knight_of_Malta
Knight_of_Malta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 Knight_of_Malta
Member since 2005 • 4781 Posts
Whats with the suicide threads on OT and General gaming? This is silly now, people don't even know the real reason of why Jeff was fired. I doubt it was just about a mere review, and if it was about a review, then so many reviewers would be already gone. Nothing is clear until a official report or something.
Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts

We get it, jeff is gone Tear Tear, now it`s over, get over it.TheJuiceyBar

The incident may be over but the integrity has been lost, can that be gotten over? :? Changes the very way this board functions.

TeamR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 TeamR

We get it, jeff is gone Tear Tear, now it`s over, get over it.TheJuiceyBar

rofl. Hello mr. near sighted

Jeff being fired is only the tip of the iceberg. He'll find another job, im sure. I'd say gamespot absolutely destroying their credibility is a little more important

also.... http://www.gamespot.com/users/Carrie/

alberth123123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 alberth123123
Member since 2005 • 787 Posts
[QUOTE="Fick1122"]

And Eidos:

peacebringer

halo hater

Kratos_OMEGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kratos_OMEGA

[QUOTE="TheJuiceyBar"]We get it, jeff is gone Tear Tear, now it`s over, get over it.Hoobinator

The incident may be over but the integrity has been lost, can that be gotten over? :? Changes the very way this board functions.

Indeed. And off topic but Hotel dusk friggin rocks.

tbone29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tbone29

[QUOTE="TheJuiceyBar"]We get it, jeff is gone Tear Tear, now it`s over, get over it.Hoobinator

Even then, you can't really say it's over when we don't know all the details.

TeamR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TeamR

tbone29

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and smells like a duck...it's a duck

http://www.gamespot.com/users/Carrie/

There's been a parade of gamespot editors and friends of jeff coming out and showing their support. They probably just cant come out and say it because of litigation

Hoobinator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Hoobinator
Member since 2006 • 6899 Posts
[QUOTE="Hoobinator"]

[QUOTE="TheJuiceyBar"]We get it, jeff is gone Tear Tear, now it`s over, get over it.tbone29

In UK law silence can be incriminating, and the longer CNet keeps its fat, money hungry mouth shut the more damage it is doing itself.

lost_wraith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lost_wraith
Member since 2005 • 13549 Posts
Locked for obvious reasons... please take it to the OT forum.