BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By BenjaminBanklin
Member since 2004 • 11084 Posts

Was going to try out the local Micro Center today, until I looked at the site and they showed they had a grand total of 10 in stock. Went to their forums and saw people were lined up already from the previous day, so that's a bust. Hearing Best Buys aren't getting in-store stock for the time being. No site is currently showing availability, and if they were, you'd likely lose to a bot anyway.

So, I'm wondering, who actually has these cards? Seems like no one has them but reviewers... I can't even really call this a product launch. More like a product hunt. Gonna have to make some calls.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Fedor
Member since 2015 • 11612 Posts

I said F it and back ordered one from CDW, shit sold out in milliseconds.

sirk1264

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 sirk1264
Member since 2003 • 6242 Posts

Nope. I was on Best Buy and right a 8 am central it went from coming soon to sold out right away. Didn’t have a chance. Read that the Nvidia page went from notify me to sold out as well. Apparently bots bought them all up and are now being resold on eBay for thousands.

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 BenjaminBanklin

@sirk1264 said:

Nope. I was on Best Buy and right a 8 am central it went from coming soon to sold out right away. Didn’t have a chance. Read that the Nvidia page went from notify me to sold out as well. Apparently bots bought them all up and are now being resold on eBay for thousands.

I have Newegg, Best Buy and Amazon all in open windows now and I noticed that. I'm not even 100 percent sure if the stock was there in the first place. This is starting to feel like an elaborate troll. 🤣

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

Just preorder or reserve from some trusted retailer. You will never be able to snatch a newly released hardware at launch at msrp without reservation.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 BenjaminBanklin

@ivangrozny said:

Just preorder or reserve from some trusted retailer. You will never be able to snatch a newly released hardware at launch at msrp without reservation.

There are no pre-orders. NVidia wants us to fight Hunger Games-style battles for these cards.

pelvist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#7 pelvist
Member since 2010 • 9001 Posts

I tried for the FE from Nvidia site and it was gone before the page even refreshed. OCUK, Ebuyer, Scan.co.uk etc websites had all crashed.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By enzyme36
Member since 2007 • 5557 Posts

Nope... no bot check. Spammed F5 on 4 different sites from 8:50 to 9:15

Best Buy and Nvidia both went from Notify Me to sold out in under a sec, an option to buy never showed up

EVGA and Newegg all went down within that time frame and by the time they resurfaced they were out of stock

Over in the Nvidia subreddit not a single poster has posted they had a successfull order... looks like it was no chance for humans.

This is frustrating but the truth is... the game was rigged from the start.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 enzyme36
@ivangrozny said:

Do you know where is accepting back orders? Preorders were not allowed in any of the sites I checked.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Fedor

https://www.adorama.com/msig38v3x10c.html

https://www.cdw.com/search/?key=3080

Backorder sites.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

Got all the way to the processing my order on Newegg, and went to finish the sale and it was removed from my cart due to no stock. Gonna see if back-orders go live over the next few days.

onesiphorus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12 onesiphorus
Member since 2014 • 5247 Posts

I am quite surprised that many retail sites do not use anti-bot programs to prevent bots from automatically pre-ordering the 3080.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fedor

@onesiphorus said:

I am quite surprised that many retail sites do not use anti-bot programs to prevent bots from automatically pre-ordering the 3080.

They don't care who gets one, they just want their stock sold.

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:

Was going to try out the local Micro Center today, until I looked at the site and they showed they had a grand total of 10 in stock. Went to their forums and saw people were lined up already from the previous day, so that's a bust. Hearing Best Buys aren't getting in-store stock for the time being. No site is currently showing availability, and if they were, you'd likely lose to a bot anyway.

So, I'm wondering, who actually has these cards? Seems like no one has them but reviewers... I can't even really call this a product launch. More like a product hunt. Gonna have to make some calls.

The idea is, you was supposed to be camping at Micro Center cause that's normally the logical thing if you really want it that badly and this also happened when the 1000 series launch. I went to Amazon and they have no 3rd-party 3080 yet.

OT: I'm playing it smart and wait till January 2021 when all the hype is dying off and restock should be back to norm by than. I wanna buy both RTX 3080 FE & Zen 3 so I can complete my upgrade for several years until its time to upgrade. I'll settle for my 2070 in the time being.

IvanGrozny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By IvanGrozny
Member since 2015 • 1845 Posts

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@ivangrozny said:

There are no pre-orders. NVidia wants us to fight Hunger Games-style battles for these cards.

@enzyme36 said:
@ivangrozny said:

Do you know where is accepting back orders? Preorders were not allowed in any of the sites I checked.

Oh well, just wait a few days post launch. They will pop up eventually lol. No need for panic. Patience. Anyway, never go for a founder edition. Wait for custom versions with overclocking and better refrigeration. They might cost 50 bucks more but you might get 3-5 additional fps and better temperatures and noise reduction. It takes a few days for custom versions from third parties such Asus, MSI, Zotak, Gygabite etc to get to the market.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 enzyme36

@ivangrozny said:

Oh well, just wait a few days post launch. They will pop up eventually lol. No need for panic. Patience. Anyway, never go for a founder edition. Wait for custom versions with overclocking and better refrigeration. They might cost 50 bucks more but you might get 3-5 additional fps and better temperatures and noise reduction. It takes a few days for custom versions from third parties such Asus, Zitok, Gygabite etc to get to the market.

I needed this pep talk... takes the edge off. I dont mind waiting, but this feels like humans dont have a chance. Will lick my wounds a regroup.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 enzyme36

@fedor said:

https://www.adorama.com/msig38v3x10c.html

https://www.cdw.com/search/?key=3080

Backorder sites.

Look at that.... they are still taking orders. Its an option worth considering. Good look Fedor

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 DaVillain  Moderator

@enzyme36: Or you could just get the 3070 instead since that'll be releasing Oct. 15th and this time, be ready to hit buy.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Fedor

@enzyme36: Ordered from CDW because I've done business with them before. Doubt it ships out for 2-4 weeks but I'm happy to avoid being gouged. Good luck in your search.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

100% paper launch

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 enzyme36

@davillain- said:

@enzyme36: Or you could just get the 3070 instead since that'll be releasing Oct. 15th and this time, be ready to hit buy.

I was ready .... payment and shipping methods were all saved and ready to rock. Pages were loaded up and refershing, but ive never seen such a one sided onslaught haha.

I could of ordered a few ps5s yesterday too, but this felt like an ambush.

enzyme36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 enzyme36

If anyone had a similar experience to me... just know we are not alone:

https://www.reddit.com/r/nvidia/comments/iuckm4/rtx_3080_launchday_thread/

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DaVillain  Moderator

@enzyme36 said:
@davillain- said:

I was ready .... payment and shipping methods were all saved and ready to rock. Pages were loaded up and refershing, but ive never seen such a one sided onslaught haha.

Don't feel bad, this was bound to happen and Nvidia warned us limited supplies and here we are.

I have over $800 in amazon points so I was hoping to nab one from there, but they still don't even have a proper listing besides the place holders which haven't been updated either. Truth be told, I really want Nvidia FE.

Fedor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Fedor

@davillain- said:
@enzyme36 said:
@davillain- said:

Don't feel bad, this was bound to happen and Nvidia warned us limited supplies and here we are.

I have over $800 in amazon points so I was hoping to nab one from there, but they still don't even have a proper listing besides the place holders which haven't been updated either. Truth be told, I really want Nvidia FE.

According to Amazon they already sold out, took 15 sec.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

But these are niche cards that no one buys. All PC gamers have are Nvidia Riva TNT 2.

Avatar image for heavymetalman77
heavymetalman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By heavymetalman77
Member since 2019 • 109 Posts

Went from coming soon to sold out in seconds. I was hitting refresh on bb and amazon. New egg crashed hard.

Such Bs

heavymetalman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 heavymetalman77

One bot was selling one on ebay. Price about an hour ago was 40k lol. Tons of bids. Driving it up hoping some rich A hole will bite? wtf

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 lundy86_4

Seems like Nvidia made a statement, and they're gonna be reviewing their stores orders as much as possible to limit bots/scalpers.

Vaasman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By Vaasman
Member since 2008 • 15569 Posts

Overclockers is crashing left and right but I was able to secure an order from them. The "ETA" for most of the models was tomorrow but eh who can say if that's good right now. And the real question of course is whether the order actually processes properly at all, but hey if yall are desperate you may give them a peek later today.

Djoffer123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Djoffer123
Member since 2016 • 2251 Posts

@heavymetalman77: isn’t the 3090 still in stock??

heavymetalman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 heavymetalman77

@davillain-: There was no Buy option. Right at 9 am est it went right from coming soon to sold out lol.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 BenjaminBanklin

Turns out Micro Center ended up with a few more shipments than they initially showed on their site. I'm too tired to care right now though. I'll just pop in occasionally and hope for the best. It's not worth going in everyday.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 lundy86_4

@djoffer123 said:

@heavymetalman77: isn’t the 3090 still in stock??

3090 is released on the 24th.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#34  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

I got raped by Nvidia just like everybody else. This was a fake news bullshit paper launch. I have an ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 from an in-store backorder with Canada Computers. No ETA.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 R4gn4r0k  Online
Member since 2004 • 46276 Posts

Nope, I checked the Nvidia site the moment the FE went for sale and they were all gone in less than a second.

I'm in no hurry anyway, so I mostly checked out of interest on how quick this would sell out. But it was way, way quicker than I was anticipating. Holy hell.

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lundy86_4

@BassMan said:

I got raped by Nvidia just like everybody else. This was a fake news bullshit paper launch. I have an ASUS TUF Gaming RTX 3080 from an in-store backorder with Canada Computers. No ETA.

My buddy works as back-end management at the store in St Catharines, so I might have him attempt to get me one in stock. Long shot, but not like we'll see them for at least a month.

AcidTango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 AcidTango
Member since 2013 • 3221 Posts

I'm not planning to buy it but I was curious to see how much they cost in Canada so I checked out Newegg, Best Buy, and Canada Computers online and they were all sold out. Sucks for the people who were planning to get one.

BenjaminBanklin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 BenjaminBanklin

@BassMan said:

Yeah, this is a textbook example of a paper launch. They'll probably unleash a ton of supply right before AMD puts their new cards on the market to try and spoil their launch.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

I tried. I failed. I was pissed.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts
Loading Video...

Heil68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Heil68
Member since 2004 • 60712 Posts

I'll have to wait

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts

Nvidia should just start doing raffles just like they do with sneakers releases. At least that way we get a better change at getting these cards on launch day.

Avatar image for deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By deactivated-611a8cd6e3c93
Member since 2013 • 421 Posts

Didn't get the chance to order one at the spot due to paper launch, but preordered Palit 3080. Not really sure when, but first of the confirmed batch arrives at 24th. Very doubtful to be one of the lucky ones, though.

Quite intriguingly found a little exploit on another retailer's webshop (don't blame me, they should not have a loose code :P), so I gave it a shot, and surprise, surprise -> also have a confirmed preorder of an EVGA 3080. 🤩

No matter which one arrives first, both are from solid manufacturers. The latter "shady" order might get cancelled by retailer, but so far so good.😋

BTW, in my country was right at the "launch" MSRP of all the "starter" cards 699 Euro. Literally one minute in, all the 699 cards went up by 80 Euro. So, consider no to be too surprised by a ~799 price tag when/if you'll be getting one this month...😞

firedrakes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 firedrakes
Member since 2004 • 4365 Posts

and their gone. seems a bot army was buying most of them online

glez13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 glez13
Member since 2006 • 10310 Posts

@firedrakes said:

and their gone. seems a bot army was buying most of them online

Yeah, since this morning Ebay has pages and pages of 3080 listings with at least double the price.

NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11793 Posts
@BenjaminBanklin said:

Turns out Micro Center ended up with a few more shipments than they initially showed on their site. I'm too tired to care right now though. I'll just pop in occasionally and hope for the best. It's not worth going in everyday.

All 4 microcenters that are within a 20 mile radius of my home are all out of stock.

mrbojangles25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#47 mrbojangles25
Member since 2005 • 58300 Posts

They gave the initial run of 10,000 units out for free to YouTube jackasses...

JasonOfA36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JasonOfA36
Member since 2016 • 3725 Posts

Preordered mine. Not getting it till next week at the least. :(

Avatar image for deactivated-642321fb121ca
deactivated-642321fb121ca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#49 deactivated-642321fb121ca
Member since 2013 • 7142 Posts

People are bragging about using BounceAlerts Bot to buy cards through the Nvidia store, note the number of emails in the threads

42x https://mobile.twitter.co...us/1306621909413502976

34x https://mobile.twitter.co...us/1306644324160090112

17x https://mobile.twitter.co...us/1306629763927171072

18x https://mobile.twitter.co...us/1306618636480778246

14x https://mobile.twitter.co...us/1306615634361376768

Im sure similar things went down elsewhere

Someone has said on EVGA. I'm assuming the numbers are amounts bought?

p3anut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 p3anut
Member since 2005 • 6609 Posts
Loading Video...