tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

The xbox one X is a great value for $500,is powerful,with UHD video,small and slik.

NO one should argue about the value of the hardware it self,it is worth the $500 on power alone,specially if you are just into multiplatforms and you have to upgrade more than just the GPU on PC to be at that level of power.

Is a pity that it lacks game wise,if the XBO at least had support even close as the 360 had,it would be a thought competitor to beat no question,MS did a great job making the unit small,hope it runs cool but until now i haven't heard any complains,alto i think play time the media had with the unit was minimal.

UHD is a great feature as well to have if you want the best possible picture for movies as well as games which is 100% understandable,unlike what some lemmings claim last gen when they downplayed blu-ray,i think is a great addition,i know streaming is more and more popular this days,but UHD support will deliver better quality for sure.

All in all is a well rounded powerful and good looking platform,aside from the games front where is lacking,if you are just into multiplatforms there is no reason to get a Pro is you want the best possible graphics over a tied budget,or you simply will need to spent to much to upgrade your PC.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

Where's the hidden cameras, I mean this is a prank right???

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#3 cainetao11  Online
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

No dude bro, JAPANIMEEEEEEE GOOOOOOOOOO!!!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

tormentos got hacked?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56082 Posts

@i_p_daily said:

Where's the hidden cameras, I mean this is a prank right???

He used to be a hardcore Xbox 360 fan last-gen if you didn't know that, that is.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#6  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

It is still a flawed and unbalanced console with a weak CPU that creates a bottleneck just like PS4 Pro. PC is the only platform that delivers the goods.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@BassMan said:

It is still a flawed and unbalanced console with a weak CPU that creates a bottleneck just like PS4 Pro. PC is the only platform that delivers the goods.

Thank you for saving this thread.

kuu2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kuu2
Member since 2005 • 12061 Posts

The undeniable clown thread.

Black96Z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Black96Z
Member since 2007 • 955 Posts

Well...that was unexpected.

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By QuadKnight
Member since 2015 • 12916 Posts

@BassMan: Completely agreed. Just like the Pro MS put all the money into the GPU and still left the shitty Jaguar CPU. It's an unbalanced piece of crap IMO but I can see why people that don't game on PC might like it. If you want real power though you're much better off with a PC especially when you consider it has no exclusives.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 tormentos

@BassMan said:

It is unbalance and has a weak CPU no doubt,but has a powerful GPU and nice amount of ram and features,that would cost you way more than $500 on PC bro.

Is not my opinion is a fact.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 deactivated-5c0b07b32bf03
Member since 2014 • 6005 Posts

@tormentos has officially endorsed the X1X. And SW has officially entered the Twilight Zone.

FLOPPAGE_50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 FLOPPAGE_50
Member since 2004 • 4500 Posts

@quadknight said:

@BassMan: Completely agreed. Just like the Pro MS put all the money into the GPU and still left the shitty Jaguar CPU. It's an unbalanced piece of crap IMO but I can see why people that don't game on PC might like it. If you want real power though you're much better off with a PC especially when you consider it has no exclusives.

bbbut muh PC!!11

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56082 Posts

Honestly, while I get that this upgrade console is for those who don't want to game or do nothing with PC at all, I understand that, but if anyone really wants power, then you gotta get it on PC. Is 4K really important to you then 60fps?

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By QuadKnight

@FLOPPAGE_50: but muh FlopBox with no games!1

True powah at 30fps!!1

?

mojito1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mojito1988
Member since 2006 • 4726 Posts

Yes a plastic box with no games! Sign me up!

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

@BassMan said:

X1X was designed for $499 retail cost which includes assembly cost. MS store also sells PC OEM partner's gaming PCs with GTX 1080s(these gaming PCs doesn't have typical PC OEM bloat ware apps installed).

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#18 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

I agree 100%. I am holding out in hope it gets great game support too, the hardware is a thing of beauty.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ronvalencia

@tormentos said:
@BassMan said:

It is unbalance and has a weak CPU no doubt,but has a powerful GPU and nice amount of ram and features,that would cost you way more than $500 on PC bro.

Mark Cerny has talked about PS4 with hyper fast cache to boost rendering concept, and both NVIDIA Paxwell and X1X proves his point. Other "it's too hard to tile render" developers push Mark into non-hyper fast cache equipped PS4. Mark's initial instinct was correct.

Both NVIDIA Paxwell, Vega and X1X has a few MBs of fast cache to boost rendering (connected to RBE/ROPS) and didn't use XBO's unbalanced large tile cache vs CU ratio.

NVIDIA pushed for micro-tile cache render and automatic immediate mode render-to tile cache render translator to keep "it's too hard to tile render" developers happy.

AMD's automatic immediate mode render-to tile cache render translator for Vega is only for optimistic workloads and driver quality would the issue to get more titles into Vega's tile cache render mode.

Without NVIDIA's automatic immediate mode render-to tile cache render translator, X1X's results could vary wider than NVIDIA's counterpart i.e. it's dependent on the developer's quality of work. Both X1X and Vega are acting like larger scale PolarisPlus GPUs for most cases at this time.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By tormentos

@charizard1605 said:

I agree 100%. I am holding out in hope it gets great game support too, the hardware is a thing of beauty.

I am seriously thinking about getting one,i think my R270 just died is my motherboard of card one of the 2,and i was thinking about rysen and a RX580 or maybe a cheaper of the vega models when it get release,but it will cost me more than $500.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21 deactivated-5d6bb9cb2ee20
Member since 2006 • 82724 Posts

@tormentos said:
@charizard1605 said:

I am seriously thinking about getting one,i think my R270 just died is my motherboard of card one of the 2,and i was thinking about rysen and a RX580 or maybe a cheaper of the vega models when it get release,but it will cost me more than $500.

I'm not too enthused about building a PC, so the Xbox One X remains the highest end gaming hardware that is available to me. I may get it eventually, but I am waiting for MS to give me a reason to do so first, at the very least.

If you get it, I do hope you enjoy it buddy

ni6htmare01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ni6htmare01
Member since 2005 • 3984 Posts

No Exclusives mean no buy for me as I don't have a 4K TV so 4K mean shit to me!

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
NathanDrakeSwag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 NathanDrakeSwag
Member since 2013 • 17392 Posts

A game console is only as good as its games and the Xbone X has no games.

PopGotcha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#24 PopGotcha
Member since 2016 • 716 Posts

I don't know how to feel about this. Does this mean you're taking Ron's side in choice of consoles? Say it aint so!

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@davillain-: X1X does do 60fps.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

What the hell is going on ?!?!

Primorandomguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Primorandomguy
Member since 2014 • 3368 Posts

@NathanDrakeSwag: Then what am I playing Injustice 2, and Red Faction Armageddon on? Saying any console has no games is literally the stupidest argument I've ever heard.

Tigerbalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Tigerbalm
Member since 2017 • 1118 Posts

A wonder console and most agree. We also agree there are literally no exlusives games that help push gamers to a particular console.

EndofAugust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 EndofAugust
Member since 2017 • 812 Posts

torlemtos

QuadKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 QuadKnight

I'm allergic to no games so it's a console I'll gladly skip out on. If MS wants me to buy their console they need true good exclusives to entice me. None of this console launch exclusive bullshit. As a high-end PC/ PS4 Pro owner it's a redundant system for me.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@davillain-: Really??? If true then that's the funniest shit ever.

Was he as bad back then as he is now?

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

How come my thread got locked when I made my turnaround thread?

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 BassMan

@tormentos said:
@BassMan said:

Sure, a new PC with equivalent performance may cost more, but you can build it more balanced so that you can actually play all games at 60fps or above. Also, you don't always have to re-buy everything when upgrading on PC. Consoles force you to re-buy components that you already have as a total package. Often, you can just buy a new GPU for less than the price of the console and you are good to go. A whole PC may cost more up front, but it is also much better. PS4 Pro.... X1X.... nothing has changed. If you want quality, you go PC.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

I somewhat disagree with the games thing if you look at the library pre 2017. They were delivering a few games worth owning every year that added up to this list:

Xbox One has
Halo Masterqueef Collection
Halo 5
Forza Motorsport
Forza Horizon
Gears Ultimate
Gears 4
Dead Rising 3 and 4
Killer Instinct
Rare Replay
Sunset Overdrive
Ori and the Blind Forest
Quantum Break

Which covers most of the big genres, save RPG's. For that you have to turn to multiplats and backwards compatibility. Which is why the lack of Scalebound this year hurts even more.

But yeah to start out with a 2017 lineup of Scalebound, Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, Crackdown 3, Forza 7, and Cuphead- which is already pretty eh, and then cancel Scalebound, and delay Sea of Thieves, State of Decay 2, and Crackdown 3 is just so bad it's kinda funny. They added Super Lucky's Tale, which I will have some hope for since I like the 3D platformer collectathon genre a lot.

I was buying Xbox One games semi-regularly but stopped after Dead Rising 4, which was early this year. I will be getting Fallout 4 GOTY, South Park, Cuphead, and maybe Super Lucky's Tale in the future though.

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
drummerdave9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 drummerdave9099
Member since 2010 • 4606 Posts

@quadknight said:

I'm allergic to no games so it's a console I'll gladly skip out on. If MS wants me to buy their console they need true good exclusives to entice me. None of this console launch exclusive bullshit. As a high-end PC/ PS4 Pro owner it's a redundant system for me.

Here's my list of "compelling" software pre 2017 not found on PS4.

Halo Masterqueef Collection

Halo 5

Forza Motorsport

Forza Horizon

Gears Ultimate

Gears 4

Dead Rising 3 and 4

Killer Instinct

Rare Replay

Sunset Overdrive

Ori and the Blind Forest

Quantum Break

Really lacking an RPG, which makes Scalebound's cancellation sting even more. But it's not that terrible a list is it?

They'll add another (sigh) Forza this year and Cuphead which looks like fun. I dunno 2017 might be Xbox's worst software year ever but it was never this bad the past 4 years.

lrdfancypants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 lrdfancypants
Member since 2014 • 3850 Posts

I agree.

I think the X1X's purpose is to try and bring back as many of the people who preferred the 360 that they lost this generation as possible.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@tormentos said:
@BassMan said:

Sure, a new PC with equivalent performance may cost more, but you can build it more balanced so that you can actually play all games at 60fps or above. Also, you don't always have to re-buy everything when upgrading on PC. Consoles force you to re-buy components that you already have as a total package. Often, you can just buy a new GPU for less than the price of the console and you are good to go. A whole PC may cost more up front, but it is also much better. PS4 Pro.... X1X.... nothing has changed. If you want quality, you go PC.

Ah my old 60fps sparring partner, so bass playing a shit game at 60fps is better than playing the same shit game at 30fps?

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but someone has to. Quality is not judged by how many frames a game has, because if that was the case that new Zelda game would have gotten low scores.

I notice you never mention any games when you talk quality just frames lol.

If 60fps is quality to you then this game must be the GOAT to you, and this game must be the shit, yes puns intended lol

JoshRMeyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 JoshRMeyer
Member since 2015 • 12571 Posts

@tormentos: So you're paying $250-$300 for the extra GPU power mostly, since the S does all that also.

PinchySkree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 PinchySkree
Member since 2012 • 1342 Posts

Closed system sold at a loss.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By BassMan

@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@tormentos said:
@BassMan said:

Ah my old 60fps sparring partner, so bass playing a shit game at 60fps is better than playing the same shit game at 30fps?

I hate to be the one to tell you this, but someone has to. Quality is not judged by how many frames a game has, because if that was the case that new Zelda game would have gotten low scores.

If 60fps is quality to you then this game must be the GOAT to you, and this game must be the shit, yes puns intended lol

You should know the importance of frame rate especially since you enjoy racing games. I have enjoyed the Forza Motorsport games on console because they are great games and they run properly at 60fps. They will be even better on PC. Games like Project Cars and Assetto Corsa are not very good on console, but great on PC. I have never played Goat Simulator or that other game. When I am talking quality, I am talking about games like The Witcher 3 running at max settings at 60fps or higher. You can not get that on console. You are getting reduced settings at 30fps with dips. Console performance is pretty bad. The biggest flaw is the weak CPUs. PC has 240hz monitors and consoles still can't even do 60fps properly in all games. It is quite sad that in 2017 we have new console hardware coming out that still can't deliver a proper experience.

Don't get me started on BOTW. That game disappointed me in many ways. The shit frame rate was one of them. At least the Cemu version on PC fixes that.

loe12k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 loe12k
Member since 2013 • 3465 Posts

@tormentos said:

The xbox one X is a great value for $500,is powerful,with UHD video,small and slik.

NO one should argue about the value of the hardware it self,it is worth the $500 on power alone,specially if you are just into multiplatforms and you have to upgrade more than just the GPU on PC to be at that level of power.

Is a pity that it lacks game wise,if the XBO at least had support even close as the 360 had,it would be a thought competitor to beat no question,MS did a great job making the unit small,hope it runs cool but until now i haven't heard any complains,alto i think play time the media had with the unit was minimal.

UHD is a great feature as well to have if you want the best possible picture for movies as well as games which is 100% understandable,unlike what some lemmings claim last gen when they downplayed blu-ray,i think is a great addition,i know streaming is more and more popular this days,but UHD support will deliver better quality for sure.

All in all is a well rounded powerful and good looking platform,aside from the games front where is lacking,if you are just into multiplatforms there is no reason to get a Pro is you want the best possible graphics over a tied budget,or you simply will need to spent to much to upgrade your PC.

You right, but if you have not bought the xbox one this generation and the reason was power, there is no excuse now not to buy the console? Microsoft has a selection of first party exclusives to play. I agree the first party line up for the future looks poor. We have to wait till E3 to see if they invested to make new games.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ronvalencia

@lrdfancypants said:

I agree.

I think the X1X's purpose is to try and bring back as many of the people who preferred the 360 that they lost this generation as possible.

That's a good starting point with restoring XBO into X360's position with OG XB hardware superiority position.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@lifelessablaze said:

How come my thread got locked when I made my turnaround thread?

Because the tormented one has been here longer and has more experience in stupid than you do :P

Avatar image for deactivated-60bf765068a74
deactivated-60bf765068a74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 deactivated-60bf765068a74
Member since 2007 • 9558 Posts

tormentos praised the xbox x 4k bluray and PC as the best? WTF?

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By uninspiredcup  Online
Member since 2013 • 58921 Posts

Alright.

gago-gago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 gago-gago
Member since 2009 • 12138 Posts

This mofo probably on his/her last warning before getting banned then IP banned, that's why the change of tune lol. Jk. But why every other Xbox console thread, the PC always gets brought up.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 deactivated-6092a2d005fba

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@tormentos said:
@BassMan said:

You should know the importance of frame rate especially since you enjoy racing games. I have enjoyed the Forza Motorsport games on console because they are great games and they run properly at 60fps. They will be even better on PC. Games like Project Cars and Assetto Corsa are not very good on console, but great on PC. I have never played Goat Simulator or that other game. When I am talking quality, I am talking about games like The Witcher 3 running at max settings at 60fps or higher. You can not get that on console. You are getting reduced settings at 30fps with dips. Console performance is pretty bad. The biggest flaw is the weak CPUs. PC has 240hz monitors and consoles still can't even do 60fps properly in all games. It is quite sad that in 2017 we have new console hardware coming out that still can't deliver a proper experience.

Don't get me started on BOTW. That game disappointed me in many ways. The shit frame rate was one of them. At least the Cemu version on PC fixes that.

And yet I've enjoyed FH3 more than FM6 (both are great) which one is 30 and which one is 60 again? Sorry but I can't remember because the only counting I do when playing games is how much tons of fun i'm having.

Signing off as your friendly console peasant :P

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By ronvalencia

@BassMan said:
@i_p_daily said:
@BassMan said:
@tormentos said:

X1X's FreeSync support reduces the need for strict 60 hz. Borderline 4K GPUs from R9-390X OC to GTX 1070 range, faster CPUs would be nearly pointless.

appariti0n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 appariti0n
Member since 2009 • 5013 Posts

@tormentos is saying positive things about the X1X?

@ronvalencia is sort of making sense?

@cainetao11 is sorta being nice?

ellos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By ellos
Member since 2015 • 2532 Posts

Good on you. Its a fantastic hardware aside from the cpu. Which is not so bad in an APU format and 30hz target standard. That is the return to the real xbox brand lol.