The top Four Ways to Making Halo good(imo)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 hellzhitman
Member since 2006 • 1512 Posts
1. Particle effect engine. As an FPS fan I find the most important graphical detail adding to the atmosphere is good particle effects. Being in a gunfight and having your environment shredded around you really adds to the moment and overal feel of the game

2. Give the guns some damn recoil. I find it sort of lame that you run forward and your bullets all land in a perfect circle, it's even possible while in the air. I wish your crosshairs showed some recoil too, because it's just feels wierd without it( this may seem stupid to you, but it does after playing Rainbow Six, CSS and BF2). It just feels too spray and pray in my opinion.

3. Physics :D. Halo 1/2 both had ok physics with a repeated death animation varying on if they were hit with an explosive, head shotted or meleed. Going with #1, physics greatly enhance the feel and atmosphere of the game, whether exaggerated physics or not. It would feel great to be in a gunfight and have sparks flying everywhere with chunks of wall getting wiped to dust( ala FEAR :D) and throw a grenade and have an enemy fly forward in a flipping spiral :)

4. Add more enemies on screen and don't make it so it takes 3 full clips of battlerifle ammo to take down, it's just stupid and tedious in my opinion

These are the reasons why I haven't exactly been fond of the Halo series
Avatar image for deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
deactivated-57af49c27f4e8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#2 deactivated-57af49c27f4e8
Member since 2005 • 14149 Posts

mine.

1. STOP THE MODDERS

2.Get rid of the auto aim

3. make it easier to kill someone and die.

4. don't fix what's not broken: i want to play ranked with friends, which a lot of games aren't letting us do.

PS3_3DO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 PS3_3DO
Member since 2006 • 10976 Posts

I only agree on #4.

shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 shungokustasu
Member since 2004 • 7190 Posts
1. Change it to a Fighter

2. Real men don't need armor

3. Feature Akuma/Gouki on it

4. Picture of Vida Guerra on the cover.

That's the only way I'll buy Halo 3.
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
I think the things you are trying to do is make it into a Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon type FPS, and it just isn't that. It's more of a freelance FPS game, more like UT but with a slower pace. I agree that the 4 ways you discussed would improve the game, but it would also change the game to a different type of FPS. I don't think Halo should be a calculated shooter, its arcadey, party like feel is what made it Halo IMO.
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hellzhitman
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]1. Change it to a Fighter

Well we already established that for you fighters>>> shooters :P
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 hellzhitman
I think the things you are trying to do is make it into a Rainbow Six, Ghost Recon type FPS, and it just isn't that. It's more of a freelance FPS game, more like UT but with a slower pace. I agree that the 4 ways you discussed would improve the game, but it would also change the game to a different type of FPS. I don't think Halo should be a calculated shooter, its arcadey, party like feel is what made it Halo IMO.shsonline
Well I did do a little bit of that I guess you could say. I don't want it to be tacticle at all but I just don't see how people think Halo 2's online could be so great when it takes atleast a minute of spraying( with autoaim no less) with dual smg's to finally kill someone
MrGrimFandango

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 MrGrimFandango
Member since 2005 • 5286 Posts
Why put this in SW? This should be in 360 forums, there is no place for happy-go-lucky threads in SW about 1 console...
shsonline

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shsonline
Member since 2005 • 2937 Posts
Why put this in SW? This should be in 360 forums, there is no place for happy-go-lucky threads in SW about 1 console... MrGrimFandango

People discuss franchises all the time in SW. And yes it does have to do with SW because its titles like 3 that could win the console wars.
RAZZY_B

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 RAZZY_B
Member since 2005 • 1709 Posts

1. Particle effect engine. As an FPS fan I find the most important graphical detail adding to the atmosphere is good particle effects. Being in a gunfight and having your environment shredded around you really adds to the moment and overal feel of the game

2. Give the guns some damn recoil. I find it sort of lame that you run forward and your bullets all land in a perfect circle, it's even possible while in the air. I wish your crosshairs showed some recoil too, because it's just feels wierd without it( this may seem stupid to you, but it does after playing Rainbow Six, CSS and BF2). It just feels too spray and pray in my opinion.

3. Physics :D. Halo 1/2 both had ok physics with a repeated death animation varying on if they were hit with an explosive, head shotted or meleed. Going with #1, physics greatly enhance the feel and atmosphere of the game, whether exaggerated physics or not. It would feel great to be in a gunfight and have sparks flying everywhere with chunks of wall getting wiped to dust( ala FEAR :D) and throw a grenade and have an enemy fly forward in a flipping spiral :)

4. Add more enemies on screen and don't make it so it takes 3 full clips of battlerifle ammo to take down, it's just stupid and tedious in my opinion

hellzhitman

i agree

except the recoil part, this isnt R6:V and BF, nor shud it try to be.

Avatar image for Vyse_The_Daring
Vyse_The_Daring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Vyse_The_Daring
Member since 2003 • 5318 Posts

[QUOTE="hellzhitman"] 1. Particle effect engine. As an FPS fan I find the most important graphical detail adding to the atmosphere is good particle effects. Being in a gunfight and having your environment shredded around you really adds to the moment and overal feel of the game

RAZZY_B

i agree

That's what I was thinking. The others are all good suggestions.
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 hellzhitman

[QUOTE="hellzhitman"] 1. Particle effect engine. As an FPS fan I find the most important graphical detail adding to the atmosphere is good particle effects. Being in a gunfight and having your environment shredded around you really adds to the moment and overal feel of the game

RAZZY_B

i agree

I didn't mean massive recoil, just crosshair movememnt atleast. I hate those damn static crosshairs >.>
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 shungokustasu
1. Micheal Jordan endorse it 2. Audi Murphy was in the game 3. Replace the "butt stroke" with Austin Powers "Judo chop". 4. The soundtrack was done by Willian Hung.
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 hellzhitman
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]1. Micheal Jordan endorse it 2. Audi Murphy was in the game 3. Replace the "butt stroke" with Austin Powers "Judo chop". 4. The soundtrack was done by Willian Hung.

I agree with # 3 :D
tranhgiang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 tranhgiang
Member since 2005 • 365 Posts

hellzhitman

Why do you want to make Halo harder ?
You have to understand making a popular game doesn't mean making a complicated game, and it doesn't neccessary mean making a good game neither.

Rashpal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Rashpal
Member since 2004 • 3781 Posts
There's only one way Bungie can make Halo great: focusing on the SP.
sportsdude206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sportsdude206
Member since 2006 • 207 Posts

My four ways are:

1= At least 4-player Online Coop where you can choose to have respawns or not and have a super legendary to balance out the fact that there are extra players.

2= A Single Player as good as Halo 1

3= A BTB with at least 24 people.

4= A last man standing gametype.

And about your recoil complaint, this game is set in the year 2552.  I think that by then we will have learned how to take recoil out of guns.

Liquid_47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#18 Liquid_47
Member since 2003 • 4905 Posts

hellzhitman
From the Bungie Weekly Update this week:

And an old weapon looks significantly more powerful now, thanks to a couple of new animation and graphic effects. The trusty rocket launcher now features a fiery blowback from the exhaust port, and an accompanying Spartan animation that you’ll enjoy watching (or not) in Multiplayer games. It looks cool, as hot exhausts spews out in a cloud of flame, followed by wispy smoke.

A subtle touch, but an important one – much like the inclusion of moving vegetation I just spotted in an early Campaign level – walk through a low-lying leafy plant and have it react physically to your presence. Radness.

There's your visual (and physical) complaints sorted out. Oh, and it took 3 magazines of your Battle Rifle to take an enemy down? On average, it took just under one clip to take an Elite down. Oh yeah, and in case you forgot, they are Elite soldiers, not Earthlings.
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 hellzhitman

My four ways are:

1= At least 4-player Online Coop where you can choose to have respawns or not and have a super legendary to balance out the fact that there are extra players.

2= A Single Player as good as Halo 1

3= A BTB with at least 24 people.

4= A last man standing gametype.

And about your recoil complaint, this game is set in the year 2552.  I think that by then we will have learned how to take recoil out of guns.

sportsdude206
Well you would've also thought that pump shotguns would be obsolete and look how that turned out...
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hellzhitman

Liquid_47
From the Bungie Weekly Update this week:

And an old weapon looks significantly more powerful now, thanks to a couple of new animation and graphic effects. The trusty rocket launcher now features a fiery blowback from the exhaust port, and an accompanying Spartan animation that you’ll enjoy watching (or not) in Multiplayer games. It looks cool, as hot exhausts spews out in a cloud of flame, followed by wispy smoke.

A subtle touch, but an important one – much like the inclusion of moving vegetation I just spotted in an early Campaign level – walk through a low-lying leafy plant and have it react physically to your presence. Radness.

There's your visual (and physical) complaints sorted out. Oh, and it took 3 magazines of your Battle Rifle to take an enemy down? On average, it took just under one clip to take an Elite down. Oh yeah, and in case you forgot, they are Elite soldiers, not Earthlings.

Well I was playing the demo a week ago on the hardest one so yeah, it took quite a bit :P.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 shungokustasu
1. Have Jessica Biel as an unlockable character. 2. Downloadable content of that R.Kelly video. 3. Nas doing the music for the game 4. An video apology from John Travolta for making Battle Field Earth.
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
All 4 of your complaints, although very nit-picky imo..., have already been addressed if you keep tabs on the weekly Bungie update.
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 hellzhitman
All 4 of your complaints, although very nit-picky imo..., have already been addressed if you keep tabs on the weekly Bungie update.Spartan070
Well yeah they're nit picky and I thought this would be the first response but I think all those points are integral to having a great FPS.
shungokustasu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 shungokustasu
I can't help it, but this is my last one. 1. If it had the date on when is Jesus's second coming. 2. How to fix the blinking clock on my DVD player 3. George Bush resignation 4. Prince's Super Bowl performance.
hellzhitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 hellzhitman
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]I can't help it, but this is my last one. 1. If it had the date on when is Jesus's second coming. 2. How to fix the blinking clock on my DVD player 3. George Bush resignation 4. Prince's Super Bowl performance.

lawl
shadow_lord_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 shadow_lord_11
Member since 2004 • 20792 Posts
don't make it so it takes 3 full clips of battlerifle ammo to take down, it's just stupid and tedious in my opinion

hellzhitman
those are some pretty minor reasons.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#28 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

1) get rid of dual wield! it made me hate halo 2 so much.

Avatar image for smokeydabear076
smokeydabear076

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 smokeydabear076
Member since 2004 • 22109 Posts
I hope the guns seem more powerful this time around.
panquecas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 panquecas
Member since 2004 • 1503 Posts
[QUOTE="shungokustasu"]1. Change it to a Fighter

you sir should be a game designer
Spartan070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Spartan070
Member since 2004 • 16497 Posts
People seem to forget that most enemies have overshields and reflective shields on, do you expect to nuetralize a target in 4 shots? You're not shooting Nazis ya know.....