The Steam Summer Sale (June 19)

#401 Posted by lawlessx (48753 posts) -

@CWEBB04z said:

Anyone know how long the sale for Borderlands 2 and Metro Last Light will last? I can't spend anymore money cause my girlfriend wont let me.. she's on my ass about this. I am hoping it will last until this upcoming friday?

does she like...control your bank account?

#402 Edited by Minishdriveby (10520 posts) -

@jg4xchamp said:

@Minishdriveby said:

Papo y Yo – 3.74

Admirable in the thems that game tries to convey in a videogame. That's where all the positives end for that game though.

Yeah which is why I'm picking it up for $3.74 and not $14.99. I've heard it's kinda janky, but I'm okay with that.

#403 Posted by inb4uall (6564 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

hmmmm to spelunky or not to spelunky

Definitely spelunky.

#404 Posted by CWEBB04z (4872 posts) -

@lawlessx said:

@CWEBB04z said:

Anyone know how long the sale for Borderlands 2 and Metro Last Light will last? I can't spend anymore money cause my girlfriend wont let me.. she's on my ass about this. I am hoping it will last until this upcoming friday?

she just gets bitchy and pissed. I just don't feel like dealing with it.

#405 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26943 posts) -

@lawlessx said:
@R4gn4r0k said:

So many early access games on sale...

Just shows to me that early access isn't about getting the people interested who want to help development.

It's about making as much money as possible from a broken/unfinished product. And as long as they are this successful, we'll get more and more broken and unfinished products for PC. I hope people realize that.

So far it all the early access games that have been listed on daily are the ones that are being actively updated and are near release(wasteland 2 releases aug and divinity:OS releases next week) . People should atleast give them a chance.

There are TONS of games don't get updated very often and they never go on daily sale.

Why ? People are better off waiting until the game is actually released.

What about Project Zomboid. Is that close to release ? 7 days to die ?

There are some early access games that I'm interested in (DayZ, Broforce) But I refuse to buy any game that is in early access because I don't want to send the message to devs and publishers that I want even more broken and unfinished games on steam. Enough people do that already.

#406 Posted by Ballroompirate (25867 posts) -

Friend just got the pink team....lucky sob....

#407 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26943 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Nah, there are ten days, every team has a chance to win.

At first it looked like purple would win every day (they were in the lead for two days) but now it seems to me that every team will win at least once.

#408 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26943 posts) -

@CWEBB04z said:

@lawlessx said:

@CWEBB04z said:

she just gets bitchy and pissed. I just don't feel like dealing with it.

Last light has a high chance of being featured as a daily, but we don't know what day

And borderlands could return as a community pick or flash sale.

But you never know

#409 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

Hope Transistor wins. There aren't many games I want this year but thats one.

#410 Posted by sailor232 (6716 posts) -

I wish Mass Effect 3 was on Steam, I'll never buy the Mass effect collection knowing its unfinished. A shame as its price right now is amazing.

#411 Posted by Roler42 (1067 posts) -

Welp... from day 1 until now I got:

pac-man and the ghostly adventures

risk of rain

call of juares: Gunslinger

tiny brains

tomb raider

Squigly DLC for skullgirls

And I'm waiting for other stuff to be cheap enough, lol

#412 Posted by PonchoTaco (3182 posts) -

Only bought BattleBlock Theater so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#413 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

Every team has been winning a day so far by the looks of it.

#414 Posted by foxhound_fox (96695 posts) -

Bought Final Fantasy VII and VIII. $4.07 each.

Also Deus Ex: Human Revolution for $4.99. I bought the combined pack last summer, but wanted to stealth the game, so I got fucked at the first boss. Having paid I think it was $6 for the two of them (HR and it's expansion DLC) I have no trouble spending another $5 to get the best version of the game. I've paid far more than $11 for a game and played it significantly less.

Avatar image for blue_hazy_basic
#415 Edited by blue_hazy_basic (30823 posts) -

@Ballroompirate said:

I'm in the pink, but not as fun as I'd hoped *sigh*

#416 Edited by illmatic87 (17931 posts) -

Was waiting on Battleblock: Theatre to go on sale. It's the game I really wanted from this sale.

Picked up Wolfamongus too, which is now the ugliest made up world my mind has created so far.

#417 Posted by IgGy621985 (5439 posts) -

I'm thinking about getting Dead Island GOTY. Would you guys recommend it?

#418 Posted by intotheminx (2579 posts) -

My buds and I decided to give Payday 2 a shot...man...it's actually really fun. Can't believe I haven't tried it sooner.

#419 Edited by wiifan001 (18647 posts) -

Kingdoms of amalur reckoning, borderlands 2, skyrim, fallout new vegas AND final fantasy 8 all for under $5?!

It's an rpg barrage!

I. Love. Steam!

#420 Posted by sherman-tank1 (8315 posts) -

I'm really feeling either Europa IV, CoH 2, or Rome II will be on sale today. Getting the new DLCs for those games has been my priority this sale..

#421 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26943 posts) -

Hitman Absolution and Castle Crashers are absolute steals.

I would also very much recommend Insurgency to anyone looking for a modern day shooter that is different from other games.

#422 Edited by R4gn4r0k (26943 posts) -

@illmatic87 said:

Was waiting on Battleblock: Theatre to go on sale. It's the game I really wanted from this sale.

Picked up Wolfamongus too, which is now the ugliest made up world my mind has created so far.

I'm going to wait until Wolfamongus and Walkingdeadseason2 are complete until I buy them.

Same with Broken Age

@IgGy621985 said:

Nope, wouldn't recommend it in a million years. The combat is just awful, and that's what the game is mainly about.

I heard it's better in co-op, but I'm done with the game. Not going back.

I'm just happy that Dying Light and Dead Island 2 are shaping up to be better, or at least that's my impression so far.

#423 Posted by MonsieurX (36762 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

@IgGy621985 said:

Nope, wouldn't recommend it in a million years. The combat is just awful, and that's what the game is mainly about.

I heard it's better in co-op, but I'm done with the game. Not going back.

I'm just happy that Dying Light and Dead Island 2 are shaping up to be better, or at least that's my impression so far.

Same here,played few hours and didn't really enjoy it.

There must easily be better co-op games around this time

#424 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

Everyone get awesomenauts for 1 dollar. It's one of the funnest games to play with friends. I have 50 hours invested in that game.

#425 Posted by parkurtommo (28295 posts) -

Half of these daily deals have already been on flash sales ;_;

#426 Edited by MonsieurX (36762 posts) -

@melonfarmerz said:

Everyone get awesomenauts for 1 dollar. It's one of the funnest games to play with friends. I have 50 hours invested in that game.

What about those without friends

#427 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26943 posts) -

@parkurtommo said:

Half of these daily deals have already been on flash sales ;_;

Stop visiting the steam store so often :P

#428 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

hmm dark souls is 4.99, but I have a feeling I wont like it...

#429 Posted by mems_1224 (56914 posts) -

What a poop sale so far.

#430 Posted by melonfarmerz (1294 posts) -

@MonsieurX said:

What about those without friends

Bots are better than friends anyways

#431 Posted by AmazonTreeBoa (16745 posts) -

Today's selections sucks ass.

Avatar image for princeofshapeir
#432 Edited by princeofshapeir (16593 posts) -

@lostrib said:

hmm dark souls is 4.99, but I have a feeling I wont like it...

Get it. Dark Souls is the best game on sale today.

I'll admit I was also very on-the-fence about this game at first. When I tried it I didn't feel any better. Getting past the tutorial area is easy enough, but there's a steep difficulty spike when you get to Undead Burg (at least, for a player who's totally new to the Souls games). To be honest, I didn't really start enjoying Dark Souls until I rang the first bell. Everyone's experience varies, but trust me--once you reach the point where you start understanding the game mechanics and appreciating the intricately-designed, non-linear world, you won't stop playing. It's by far the best 7th-gen RPG I've played and one of the best games ever made, so at $4.99 it's definitely worth at least trying.

The game still uses GFWL unfortunately (although I never had any issues) and is a shitty port by itself, so you'll want DSfix to uncap the framerate and increase the rendering resolution. The online community on PC is still going strong, from what I hear.

#433 Edited by wis3boi (32507 posts) -

#434 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@wis3boi said:

yeah, and now blue team is ahead by a ton. I'd imagine that valve is at least making sure that each team wins at least once. Or there is some huge conglomerate of people that switch teams every day

#435 Posted by ArisShadows (22784 posts) -

Rogue Legacy, Surgeon Simulator, FTL, MTG 2k14, Dark Souls, Hitman Absolution, Awesomenauts, Risk of Rain are all on sale. They are so worth it, too bad I already own it.

#436 Posted by ArisShadows (22784 posts) -

I should I get another or so of the Lego games. Already own LOTR, Marvel one.

#437 Edited by PhazonBlazer (12013 posts) -

So, you all mocked blue team. You raped us, you murdered us, you killed our children.

But now, it is our time to shine!

#438 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26943 posts) -

I would love to buy Saints Row IV, I just wish there was a complete collection like Saints row 3 had. Buying all the DLC is really expensive.

@lostrib said:

@wis3boi said:

yeah, and now blue team is ahead by a ton. I'd imagine that valve is at least making sure that each team wins at least once. Or there is some huge conglomerate of people that switch teams every day

The chances of Blue winning this round are astronomical

#439 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26943 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

What a poop sale so far.

I dunno, some great games can be bought for so little money, money you could easily get by selling trading cards or those summer adventure cards.

Think about that. Hours of enjoyment paid for by someone who bought your trading cards.

<3 steam (or human idiocy, either one works)

#440 Posted by lostrib (49999 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

I would love to buy Saints Row IV, I just wish there was a complete collection like Saints row 3 had. Buying all the DLC is really expensive.

The chances of Blue winning this round are astronomical

Well there's only 2 story DLCs, which you can get for like 2.49 (season pass)

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#441 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

i only got to play a little bit of planetary annihilation, but holy shit, it is excellent. very reminiscent of supreme commander, and total annihilation.

#442 Edited by foxhound_fox (96695 posts) -

Grabbed Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition for $4.99. Been wanting to try it for ages, but could never justify more than that for a game with such mixed reviews.

I've got so many of these games already, so while the crazy sales are really tempting, either I've already got it, or I know, even if I buy it, I'm not going to play it, ever.

#443 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26943 posts) -

@lostrib said:

Well there's only 2 story DLCs, which you can get for like 2.49 (season pass)

But I want everything :'(

I'm gonna hold out until there is a complete collection like Saints Row 3. Still have to finish that one anyway :P

@CrownKingArthur said:

i only got to play a little bit of planetary annihilation, but holy shit, it is excellent. very reminiscent of supreme commander, and total annihilation.

What's in the game in its current state ?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
#444 Posted by CrownKingArthur (5262 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: i explored it very little, however,

you can play multiplayer against humans (with or without AI in there as well)

you can play multiplayer skirmish against the AI alone

aside from missing things like single player, it felt pretty complete to me. runs really fast but that's deliberate. Art style is simple and clearly deliberately 'technically minimilistic' in order to keep the game fast when the screen is densely populated.

#445 Edited by SmokieX (2412 posts) -

If anyone is thinking of getting Castle Crashers, but doesn't have Battleblock Theatre yet, get the Can't Stop Laughing Bundle. $2.50 for both games!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
#446 Posted by deactivated-59b71619573a1 (38222 posts) -

@foxhound_fox said:

Grabbed Enslaved: Odyssey to the West Premium Edition for $4.99. Been wanting to try it for ages, but could never justify more than that for a game with such mixed reviews.

Is it bad that I didn't even know the game was on PC? :/

#447 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26943 posts) -

@CrownKingArthur said:

@R4gn4r0k: i explored it very little, however,

you can play multiplayer against humans (with or without AI in there as well)

you can play multiplayer skirmish against the AI alone

aside from missing things like single player, it felt pretty complete to me. runs really fast but that's deliberate. Art style is simple and clearly deliberately 'technically minimilistic' in order to keep the game fast when the screen is densely populated.

I like the artstyle from what I've seen so far. How does it look in action, I mean in big battles ? :p

Is there a lot of variety when it comes to maps ? And with how much can you play online 6v6 ? 8v8 ?

Don't mean to bother you with a load of questions but this is certainly a game I can see myself picking up down the line (when it's out of EA)

It's just that when I search the 'RTS' tag on steam and look at new releases there are a bunch of old games there, which makes me depressed. I jump for joy when I see a new RTS like this. Even if sci-fi isn't my favourite setting for an RTS. But this game seems to make good use of its setting :)

#448 Posted by R4gn4r0k (26943 posts) -

@SmokieX said:

If anyone is thinking of getting Castle Crashers, but doesn't have Battleblock Theatre yet, get the Can't Stop Laughing Bundle. $2.50 for both games!!!

Tempted. But I own Caslte Crashers... Will I get a second copy of Castle Crashers if I buy this ?

@seanmcloughlin said:

@foxhound_fox said:

Is it bad that I didn't even know the game was on PC? :/

No

The game was announced and released on PC very quietly. Suddenly the news was there that a premium edition would come to PS3 and PC. People thought they had mistaken '360' with 'pc' and the next thing we knew the game was on steam.

#449 Posted by jg4xchamp (61445 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

What a poop sale so far.

That's because we played the greatness that was Saints Row 4 at full price. Now these heathens can play Saints Row 4.

#450 Posted by PurpleMan5000 (9281 posts) -

I was disappointed South Park wasn't cheaper. Oh well, there's always Christmas I guess.