The Scarecrow *Spoilers*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

muzik_mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 muzik_mafia
Member since 2009 • 1628 Posts

Who is putting the Scarecrow nightmares up for best moment of the year so far? The first one, with the body bags, the second with young Bruce, or the utterly mind skewering third, with (uberspoilers!)role reversing, getting shot but coming back from the dead, and the "What are you?!?!?" line.

From a guy who beat FEAR, FEAR 2, Condemned 2, Dead Space, etc., I find the Scarecrow mortifying!

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 heretrix
Member since 2004 • 37881 Posts

The third nightmare had me laughing my ass off.

"To dodge the Joker's gunfire, use the middle stick"

Awesome.

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts

Awesome.

heretrix
What if a woman was playing?:P
linkin_guy109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 linkin_guy109
Member since 2005 • 8864 Posts

definately a very memorable moment of this year, but those sections which the game was praised on were done in eternal darkness for the game cube before, with the whole screwing with what you see and completely freaking you out

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#5 Toriko42
Member since 2006 • 27562 Posts

Awesome.

heretrix
Had my wrecking my head for sooo long Hands down though, those three moments are my favorites not just from this year but from this generation, so amazing. Up their with the microwave tunnel sequence and others.
Avatar image for Eternal_Sleeper
Eternal_Sleeper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 Eternal_Sleeper
Member since 2004 • 184 Posts

Yeah, while good...they were no where as awesome as MGS2's Fission Mailed and codec scenes.

BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts

Agreed. All 3 were stellar. I liked the second one the most, though. It was really cool walking down the hallway and stuff was blowing around, then the hallway turned into a cold and dark street, and you turned into baby Bruce Wayne looking down at his dead parents. *weeps*

XxSTILL_BORNxX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 XxSTILL_BORNxX
Member since 2007 • 5749 Posts

Agreed. All 3 were stellar. I liked the second one the most, though. It was really cool walky down the hallway and stuff was blowing around, then the hallway turned into a cold and dark street, and you turned into baby Bruce Wayne looking down at his dead parents. *weeps*

BioShockOwnz
Agreed, that was my favourite part too. Its also much cooler that they added voices of the past for you to hear what happened and all. Mesmerizing.
Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Toriko42

Agreed. All 3 were stellar. I liked the second one the most, though. It was really cool walking down the hallway and stuff was blowing around, then the hallway turned into a cold and dark street, and you turned into baby Bruce Wayne looking down at his dead parents. *weeps*

BioShockOwnz
Word, that was the best one but the third one scared me out of my mind, I thought my 360 was broken!
DumbDubya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DumbDubya
Member since 2009 • 668 Posts

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Toriko42

Word, that was the best one but the third one scared me out of my mind, I thought my 360 was broken!

Yes, I thought my 360 broke too when it started freezing up.

TPOJ-TPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TPOJ-TPO
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

I agree. I loved all three of them. The first one was scary, the second one was sad, and the third one was funny as hell! What would've happened if I chose quit? I remember being pissed off at first thinking my disc was screwed up. The joy.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 heretrix

[QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

Toriko42

I was happy I played it on the PS3 first, so when I got to that part on the 360 I was prepared for it.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 heretrix

I agree. I loved all three of them. The first one was scary, the second one was sad, and the third one was funny as hell! What would've happened if I chose quit? I remember being pissed off at first thinking my disc was screwed up. The joy.

TPOJ-TPO

Nothing. It does exactly the same thing no matter what you press.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Toriko42

[QUOTE="Toriko42"][QUOTE="BioShockOwnz"]

DumbDubya

Yes, I thought my 360 broke too when it started freezing up.

Yeah, that one wins for being a major mind mess
kate_jones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kate_jones
Member since 2007 • 3221 Posts

Yeah those scarecrow bits were pretty mind blowing, zombie batman gets my vote, Can't believe they made a model just for that scene. Thats what I call a polished game :)

TPOJ-TPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TPOJ-TPO
Member since 2008 • 198 Posts

[QUOTE="TPOJ-TPO"]

heretrix

Nothing. It does exactly the same thing no matter what you press.

That sucks. I would've liked a message from the Joker's anger about or something.

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Toriko42
I almost forgot to mention, the first one where [spoiler] Gordon is shown as dead [/spoiler] had my heart stop for a bit, I love the commissioner. Hearing Batman's voice trying to reach Barbara was major sadness but then it just went to hell and got all twisted, man I love that scene. Totally wracked me up as a Batman fan.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts

One of the best representations of scarecrow. The only time I was dissapointed with scarecrow was with the batman movie one. That one was the worst ever made.

heretrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 heretrix

I almost forgot to mention, the first one where [spoiler] Gordon is shown as dead [/spoiler] had my heart stop for a bit, I love the commissioner. Hearing Batman's voice trying to reach Barbara was major sadness but then it just went to hell and got all twisted, man I love that scene. Totally wracked me up as a Batman fan. Toriko42
That didn't bother me for a few reasons:

1. It's the commish and ain't nothing happening to him

2. There was hints that the scarecrow was involved and Bats getting gassed and coughing was a big giveaway to what has about to happen.

It didn't make the sequences any less cool though. And the fact the the graphics were really, really good sold the hell out of it.

Rocksteady really knocked this one out of the park.It's a brilliant game.

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts
Gotta say I really enjoyed the Scarecrow experience. Rare is the game that breaks the 4th wall and rarer still is the game that does it right! :P
muzik_mafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#21 muzik_mafia
Member since 2009 • 1628 Posts

I almost forgot to mention, the first one where [spoiler] Gordon is shown as dead [/spoiler] had my heart stop for a bit, I love the commissioner. Hearing Batman's voice trying to reach Barbara was major sadness but then it just went to hell and got all twisted, man I love that scene. Totally wracked me up as a Batman fan. Toriko42

OMG, trying to reach Barbera was so creepy!

"I'm sorry, this number is not available now. This number is not available. Please hang up your phone now."

I shivered.

ImOldGreg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ImOldGreg
Member since 2007 • 2357 Posts

I know a game is great when I start thinking about it outside of its content. For example by the end of the story I was wondering....

*Spoilers*

Who would win? Killer Croc or Titan Joker? (FYI I hated Croc before I played AA...now IMO he's one of the best villians).

What would Scarecrows gas do to the Joker? (comic fans know what Im talking about!)

What divine power convinced rocksteady to pull Mark Hamil out of retirement to breath new life into the true joker over cashing in on a cheap Heath impersonator?

Thank god we finally have a real Batman game eh?

Toriko42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Toriko42

I know a game is great when I start thinking about it outside of its content. For example by the end of the story I was wondering....

*Spoilers*

Who would win? Killer Croc or Titan Joker? (FYI I hated Croc before I played AA...now IMO he's one of the best villians).

What would Scarecrows gas do to the Joker? (comic fans know what Im talking about!)

What divine power convinced rocksteady to pull Mark Hamil out of retirement to breath new life into the true joker over cashing in on a cheap Heath impersonator?

Thank god we finally have a real Batman game eh?

ImOldGreg
Word, thank god a game that finally does justice to the comic. I'm glad this wasn't a TDK cash in cause that would have been very easy