The SADDEST news in gaming 2009!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ronjon_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ronjon_09
Member since 2009 • 285 Posts

First the canalization of The Wither for 360/PS3

And now Batman pushed back to August for US.

:cry:

removed disruptive topic title
-Teufelhuhn

RyanJ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 RyanJ71
Member since 2009 • 32 Posts

I'm going to wait till January 2010 before I deem this the worst news of 2009, like most people.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#3 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

I think M$ having a crappy E3 would be the saddest news in 2009.

Also, the Batman game needs polishing probably.

moose_knuckler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 moose_knuckler
Member since 2007 • 5722 Posts
So far, I'd say HW's 6.5 on here was sad because it recieved so much undeserved flaming IMO.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
[QUOTE="mitu123"]

I think they have something up their sleves but I dont think they will have the best show.
ronjon_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ronjon_09

mitu123

Wait did I miss E3:? No wait huh:roll:

Deiuos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Deiuos
Member since 2005 • 1402 Posts

Games being pushed back is good news.

mitu123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 mitu123
Member since 2006 • 155290 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

ronjon_09

It's just a prediction. Batman AA would be bad if the devs don't polish it right after delaying it.
SpruceCaboose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#9 SpruceCaboose
Member since 2005 • 24589 Posts
I'd rather see a delayed good game than an unpolished, faster releasing game.
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts

First the canalization of The Wither for 360/PS3ronjon_09
Wait, this is official? That's a real shame.

ArcticWolf77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ArcticWolf77
Member since 2005 • 332 Posts

I'm going to wait till January 2010 before I deem this the worst news of 2009, like most people.

RyanJ71

Sounds like a good plan to me

PBSnipes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 PBSnipes
Member since 2007 • 14621 Posts

Really? The worst news is a port of a game that's been on PC for 2 years has been cancelled (at least partially so CD Projekt can focus on making a multiplat sequel), and a game was delayed so it could get some extra polishing time?

What about Six Days in Fallujah being cancelled because the general public thinks games are nothing but high-tech toys for kids?

Im_single

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Im_single
Member since 2008 • 5134 Posts

[QUOTE="ronjon_09"]First the canalization of The Wither for 360/PS3agentfred

From what I know CDProjekt hasn't been paying the company that is porting the game so they just stopped making it, I could be wrong though, so it isn't canceled, just but on hiatus.
0rin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#15 0rin
Member since 2006 • 7179 Posts

[QUOTE="mitu123"]

ronjon_09

I think you read it wrong. He/she was saying that if M$ had a bad E3 showing, it would be the saddest new of 2009. I disagree however, as I would be one of the many people glad to see M$ finally get a dose of their own medicine. I mean really. They have been all but dominating with the current gen of consoles (PS3/360), so to see them not have anything all that interesting in comparison to Sony would be absolutely fantastic. But we all know that won't happen. At worst they will only be slightly less "good-news-y" than Sony. But odds are, they will both have really good showings, and the fanboys will be the ones to pick sides. :P Microsoft has a very VERY strong grip on the console market this generation, since the Xbox 360 has all but become the new posterchild for video gaming. Everywhere you go you see effigies of the 360 controller, or the Xbox 360 logo. I must say, it bothers me a bit, but only because a part of me is still rooting for Sony. We'll see what happens this E3. like I said, both companies will have something interesting to show, i'm sure. What I'm really excited about is the third party titles, both PS3 exclusives (it's a joke, get it?! HA!), and Multiplats. I'd really like to see something from Bethesda on PS3 DLC for Fallout 3, though I'm definitely not holding my breath for that one. Anyway, If you really care what I think, I'll probably be writing a blog about it shortly. But I doubt anyone cares :P
agentfred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 agentfred
Member since 2003 • 5666 Posts
[QUOTE="Im_single"] From what I know CDProjekt hasn't been paying the company that is porting the game so they just stopped making it, I could be wrong though, so it isn't canceled, just but on hiatus.

Well, here's hoping that CDProjekt stops neglecting their responsibilities.

Really? The worst news is a port of a game that's been on PC for 2 years has been cancelled (at least partially so CD Projekt can focus on making a multiplat sequel), and a game was delayed so it could get some extra polishing time?

What about Six Days in Fallujah being cancelled because the general public thinks games are nothing but high-tech toys for kids?

PBSnipes
That is indeed tragic, but if I"m not mistaken, it's still being developed, just not published.
thepwninator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 thepwninator
Member since 2006 • 8134 Posts
[QUOTE="0rin"][QUOTE="ronjon_09"][QUOTE="mitu123"]I think M$ having a crappy E3 would be the saddest news in 2009. Also, the Batman game needs polishing probably.

I think you read it wrong. He/she was saying that if M$ had a bad E3 showing, it would be the saddest new of 2009. I disagree however, as I would be one of the many people glad to see M$ finally get a dose of their own medicine. I mean really. They have been all but dominating with the current gen of consoles (PS3/360), so to see them not have anything all that interesting in comparison to Sony would be absolutely fantastic. But we all know that won't happen. At worst they will only be slightly less "good-news-y" than Sony. But odds are, they will both have really good showings, and the fanboys will be the ones to pick sides. :P Microsoft has a very VERY strong grip on the console market this generation, since the Xbox 360 has all but become the new posterchild for video gaming. Everywhere you go you see effigies of the 360 controller, or the Xbox 360 logo. I must say, it bothers me a bit, but only because a part of me is still rooting for Sony. We'll see what happens this E3. like I said, both companies will have something interesting to show, i'm sure. What I'm really excited about is the third party titles, both PS3 exclusives (it's a joke, get it?! HA!), and Multiplats. I'd really like to see something from Bethesda on PS3 DLC for Fallout 3, though I'm definitely not holding my breath for that one. Anyway, If you really care what I think, I'll probably be writing a blog about it shortly. But I doubt anyone cares :P

As a gamer, I will say that I would be saddened if ANY of the big three had a poor showing at E3 this year. And how would having a bad showing be "a taste of their own medicine"? It's not like they murdered Sony or Nintendo keynote speakers and funneled away all of the money going into interesting projects at those two companies. It would only be "their own medicine" if they had caused Nintendo's horrid E3 last year and Sony's laughable E3 of 06.
ronjon_09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ronjon_09

[QUOTE="0rin"][QUOTE="ronjon_09"]Wait did I miss E3:? No wait huh:roll:thepwninator

As a gamer, I will say that I would be saddened if ANY of the big three had a poor showing at E3 this year. And how would having a bad showing be "a taste of their own medicine"? It's not like they murdered Sony or Nintendo keynote speakers and funneled away all of the money going into interesting projects at those two companies. It would only be "their own medicine" if they had caused Nintendo's horrid E3 last year and Sony's laughable E3 of 06.

LMAO:lol:Ridge Racer!!!!!! Classic

mglbpkillz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 mglbpkillz
Member since 2009 • 118 Posts

mitu123
If this happens it's over for microsoft so many are already jumping shift to PS3 and with a PS3 price cut all the new exclusives coming and no 360 exclusive might as well call it game over for microsoft. microsoft desperately needs some good news on E3
iam2green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 iam2green
Member since 2007 • 13991 Posts
i don't think that is the saddest news. batman game is suppose to be great from what i've seen and heard.
lawlessx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21 lawlessx
Member since 2004 • 48753 Posts
what the heck? wasn't this game near finished? :?
Brainhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Brainhunter
Member since 2003 • 2201 Posts
So far, I'd say HW's 6.5 on here was sad because it recieved so much undeserved flaming IMO.moose_knuckler
Halo Wars? No way. Among 6.5 GS scores this year, Demigod is severely underscored and overcriticized.
-snorlax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 -snorlax-
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts

PC is still alive

Sony and Microsoft r still in business

ArisShadows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ArisShadows
Member since 2004 • 22784 Posts
And I just played the amazing demo for it, I WANT IT BAD!
Avatar image for TheGreatOutdoor
TheGreatOutdoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheGreatOutdoor
Member since 2009 • 3234 Posts

[QUOTE="ronjon_09"]First the canalization of The Wither for 360/PS3agentfred

Yea I was wondering the same thing when I read the TC post. I have The Witcher for PC and would love to see one on the PS3 as well.