The review we've all been waiting for!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for popgotcha
#1 Posted by PopGotcha (716 posts) -

That's right warriors, the most anticipated sports game of this generation, Ashes Cricket, has finally been released, with a solid score of 7! Just goes to show Star Wars, you don't need micro transactions to make a solid title!

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/ashes-cricket-review/1900-6416813/

Where my Aus/UK friends at?

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#2 Posted by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@popgotcha said:

That's right warriors, the most anticipated sports game of this generation, Ashes Cricket, has finally been released, with a solid score of 7! Just goes to show Star Wars, you don't need micro transactions to make a solid title!

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/ashes-cricket-review/1900-6416813/

Where my Aus/UK friends at?

Did you actually read the review? the reviewer is an idiot and really shows how far wrong gaming is heading under the shit show leadership that is Sony.

Avatar image for popgotcha
#3 Posted by PopGotcha (716 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@popgotcha said:

That's right warriors, the most anticipated sports game of this generation, Ashes Cricket, has finally been released, with a solid score of 7! Just goes to show Star Wars, you don't need micro transactions to make a solid title!

https://www.gamespot.com/reviews/ashes-cricket-review/1900-6416813/

Where my Aus/UK friends at?

Did you actually read the review? the reviewer is an idiot and really shows how far wrong gaming is heading under the shit show leadership that is Sony.

Goodness me. Of course I read the review. Was just having a little laugh. Curious as to why its Sony's fault, ill take the bait

Avatar image for Pedro
#4 Posted by Pedro (31632 posts) -
@popgotcha said:
@i_p_daily said:

Did you actually read the review? the reviewer is an idiot and really shows how far wrong gaming is heading under the shit show leadership that is Sony.

Goodness me. Of course I read the review. Was just having a little laugh. Curious as to why its Sony's fault, ill take the bait

Same here. I would really like to know.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#5 Posted by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@Pedro: @popgotcha: It was a gee up to see if anyone would take the bait, I was looking for some cows lol.

But the review is stupid, especially the part where he states the best part of the game.

Avatar image for PSP107
#6 Posted by PSP107 (17203 posts) -

@i_p_daily:"the reviewer is an idiot"

lol

"I was looking for some cows"

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha

Avatar image for davillain-
#7 Posted by DaVillain- (31854 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

@Pedro: @popgotcha: It was a gee up to see if anyone would take the bait, I was looking for some cows lol.

But the review is stupid, especially the part where he states the best part of the game.

To be honest, I really thought you meant it's all Sony's fault since EA has a contract for advertising everything in Battlefront games like they did with the first game. Sony has marketing rights to the Battlefront series is what I thought you was going for?

Avatar image for DocSanchez
#8 Posted by DocSanchez (4746 posts) -

Press x to sledge mercilessly.

Avatar image for carlquincy
#9 Posted by carlquincy (375 posts) -

Sony living in someones head, rent free.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#10 Posted by cainetao11 (35410 posts) -

LOL I loved the Sony bait @i_p_daily ! it was so out of left field I was like "WTF is he on about?"

Avatar image for Netret0120
#11 Posted by Netret0120 (3535 posts) -

Australia>>>>>>>>>>>>England

12 years straight defending the World Cup back2back2back.

Avatar image for hitmanactual
#12 Posted by HitmanActual (957 posts) -

Hopefully we smack the shit out of the Poms this year and get dem Ashes back!!!

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#13 Posted by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

LOL I loved the Sony bait @i_p_daily ! it was so out of left field I was like "WTF is he on about?"

Yeah I was going for a real good angle, but I will use it another time for dem cows :P

@carlquincy said:

Sony living in someones head, rent free.

Nah I was baiting cows, but will save it for another time :)

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

@Pedro: @popgotcha: It was a gee up to see if anyone would take the bait, I was looking for some cows lol.

But the review is stupid, especially the part where he states the best part of the game.

To be honest, I really thought you meant it's all Sony's fault since EA has a contract for advertising everything in Battlefront games like they did with the first game. Sony has marketing rights to the Battlefront series is what I thought you was going for?

LOL you think to much dav :)

Avatar image for FLOPPAGE_50
#14 Posted by FLOPPAGE_50 (4436 posts) -

Graphics look ps2 levels

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#16 Edited by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@hitmanactual said:

Hopefully we smack the shit out of the Poms this year and get dem Ashes back!!!

I saved a pom from drowning in a puddle years ago, I took my foot off the back of his neck :P

Avatar image for davillain-
#17 Posted by DaVillain- (31854 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Point is, Sony has a contract with Star Wars Battlefront marketing rights.

Avatar image for popgotcha
#18 Edited by PopGotcha (716 posts) -

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Graphics look ps2 levels

Everyone looks reaaaallllll happy to be out there and playing the joyous game of cricket

Avatar image for GarGx1
#19 Posted by GarGx1 (10260 posts) -

So does one game take 5 days to play?

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#20 Edited by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

So does one game take 5 days to play?

No not in the game as you will be able to skip having to wait for the bowler to get back to his mark, balls being returned from the crowd, not having to wait for the captain & bowler to talk etc.

If we're talking about in real life then yes some games can take up to 5 days to determine a winner and sometimes there is no winner after 5 days and the match ends in a draw, and there has been some riveting draws over the years :)

However unlike most sports there is 3 forms of Cricket like T20 which takes around 4 hours to finish, then there's a one dayer which takes around 8-10hrs to finish, and then there's the test matches which like I said can take 5 days.

@FLOPPAGE_50 said:

Graphics look ps2 levels

Don't be that "kind" of person, as long as the gameplay is good and I believe it will because it's Big Ant whose making the game, and they made the good Don Bradman games.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#21 Posted by GarGx1 (10260 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@GarGx1 said:

So does one game take 5 days to play?

No not in the game as you will be able to skip having to wait for the bowler to get back to his mark, balls being returned from the crowd, not having to wait for the captain & bowler to talk etc.

If we're talking about in real life then yes some games can take up to 5 days to determine a winner and sometimes there is no winner after 5 days and the match ends in a draw, and there has been some riveting draws over the years :)

However unlike most sports there is 3 forms of Cricket like T20 which takes around 4 hours to finish, then there's a one dayer which takes around 8-10hrs to finish, and then there's the test matches which like I said can take 5 days.

Lol, Cricket and riveting don't belong in the same sentence. It's the only game I know where the highlights of a 5 day test match lasts 30 minutes.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#22 Posted by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@GarGx1 said:

So does one game take 5 days to play?

No not in the game as you will be able to skip having to wait for the bowler to get back to his mark, balls being returned from the crowd, not having to wait for the captain & bowler to talk etc.

If we're talking about in real life then yes some games can take up to 5 days to determine a winner and sometimes there is no winner after 5 days and the match ends in a draw, and there has been some riveting draws over the years :)

However unlike most sports there is 3 forms of Cricket like T20 which takes around 4 hours to finish, then there's a one dayer which takes around 8-10hrs to finish, and then there's the test matches which like I said can take 5 days.

Lol, Cricket and riveting don't belong in the same sentence. It's the only game I know where the highlights of a 5 day test match lasts 30 minutes.

Well every other sports highlights would just last a minute so 30 mins is actually good.

Cricket and riveting do belong in the same sentence, not my fault you have bad taste in sport, if indeed you even watch sport.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#23 Posted by GarGx1 (10260 posts) -

@i_p_daily: I'd much rather go to a good Rugby or Football match, at least they don't stop play for a little bit of drizzle.

Avatar image for Heil68
#24 Posted by Heil68 (58165 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

@Pedro: @popgotcha: It was a gee up to see if anyone would take the bait, I was looking for some cows lol.

But the review is stupid, especially the part where he states the best part of the game.

rut roh raggy...

You been KILLZowned..

lmao

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#25 Edited by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

@i_p_daily: I'd much rather go to a good Rugby or Football match, at least they don't stop play for a little bit of drizzle.

What do you mean by Rugby or Football, as they could mean different sports.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#26 Posted by GarGx1 (10260 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@GarGx1 said:

@i_p_daily: I'd much rather go to a good Rugby or Football match, at least they don't stop play for a little bit of drizzle.

What do you mean by Rugby or Football, as they could mean different sports.

They are completely different sports. I enjoy watching both, I used enjoy playing both but I'm not fit enough these days.

My main sport though was swimming, I used to be up to a national competition standard but never made it into the national team (that was about 30 years ago though).

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#27 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (17525 posts) -

@hitmanactual said:

Hopefully we smack the shit out of the Poms this year and get dem Ashes back!!!

Yeah I hope so... but our team is so unpredictable nowadays. Sometimes they're awesome, sometimes sh*t.

The women's side is the no.1 cricket team in Aus now!

Avatar image for madrocketeer
#28 Edited by madrocketeer (5693 posts) -

Huh, figure that. The game seems surprisingly decent, despite the graphics.

As for the real thing, I kinda wish there was a way for both the Poms and the Aussies to both lose, to be honest. Oh well, at least there sure to be at least one or two batting collapses to entertain me. There's always an element of slapstick to them.

Avatar image for madrocketeer
#29 Edited by madrocketeer (5693 posts) -

@GarGx1:

I think what he meant was: which "rugby" and which "football." There are two different kinds (or "codes") of rugby: Rugby League and Rugby Union (I prefer Union but watch both), and there are a whole bunch of different footballs: Association, American, Australian Rules (a.k.a. "Aussie Rules"), Gaelic, etc. Heck, even the aforementioned rugby codes are colloquially referred to as "Footy" in certain places.

Avatar image for PCgameruk
#30 Posted by PCgameruk (2165 posts) -

The trailer made me laugh the other day. It says PC gameplay footage then says buy it now for PS4 and Xbox.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#31 Posted by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@GarGx1 said:

@i_p_daily: I'd much rather go to a good Rugby or Football match, at least they don't stop play for a little bit of drizzle.

What do you mean by Rugby or Football, as they could mean different sports.

They are completely different sports. I enjoy watching both, I used enjoy playing both but I'm not fit enough these days.

My main sport though was swimming, I used to be up to a national competition standard but never made it into the national team (that was about 30 years ago though).

I take it your British and the meaning Rugby was for Union not League, and Football was meant Soccer as we Aussies like to call it.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#32 Posted by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@madrocketeer said:

Huh, figure that. The game seems surprisingly decent, despite the graphics.

As for the real thing, I kinda wish there was a way for both the Poms and the Aussies to both lose, to be honest. Oh well, at least there sure to be at least one or two batting collapses to entertain me. There's always an element of slapstick to them.

There's reports coming out of the UK that Ben Stokes will be playing, I guess the ECB has a big check book lol

Avatar image for GarGx1
#33 Edited by GarGx1 (10260 posts) -

@madrocketeer: I'm sorry, I wasn't going to go into the detail of colloquialisms or rule codes in a single sentence reply on a gaming forum. I will never refer to Football as "Soccer". On that note Aussie rules can be fun to watch because they're a bunch of nutters and love a good fight almost as much as Canadian Ice Hockey players. I seriously doubt there are many people in this forum who are even aware of Caid let alone know what it is (that's not meant with any disrespect but it's not a common sport outside of Ireland)

None of it changes the fact that I find Cricket more boring to watch than a live Baseball match.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#34 Edited by GarGx1 (10260 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@GarGx1 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@GarGx1 said:

@i_p_daily: I'd much rather go to a good Rugby or Football match, at least they don't stop play for a little bit of drizzle.

What do you mean by Rugby or Football, as they could mean different sports.

They are completely different sports. I enjoy watching both, I used enjoy playing both but I'm not fit enough these days.

My main sport though was swimming, I used to be up to a national competition standard but never made it into the national team (that was about 30 years ago though).

I take it your British and the meaning Rugby was for Union not League, and Football was meant Soccer as we Aussies like to call it.

I'm Scottish, yes I meant Rugby Union (although league isn't a bad game, which I watch but I never played properly) and Football is Football, doesn't matter what other people want to call their games :P

Avatar image for madrocketeer
#35 Edited by madrocketeer (5693 posts) -

@i_p_daily:

Wouldn't be surprised. Have you seen how their top order have been batting lately? Let's just say they had to rely on Moeen rescuing their backsides at 8 on more than one occasion. They're gonna need every advantage they can get.

Still, as I said, watching them fall like dominoes made for entertaining viewing, at least.

Anyway, fun discussion. Thread probably gonna a get locked soon.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#36 Posted by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@madrocketeer: It is fun discussion and shouldn't be locked, I wonder how deep the player/team editing will be, I mean I would like to create Stokes with a beer in one hand and a paper bag full of money in the other lol.

@GarGx1: Yeah well here in OZ we already have 3 football codes so that's why we call it Soccer.

Avatar image for Heil68
#37 Posted by Heil68 (58165 posts) -

Well I was personally hoping this was a updated Halo Wars 2 HYPE thread, since its on sale. But I see it hasn't changed. AA on LOCK only to SUB A (6.0 FAIR) FLOP. I was hoping this would beat SONY's current gen 8 most recent AAAAE Essential Must play 10/10 EXCLUSIVE, but it didn't..

Oh well, s it worth picking up for Play Anywhere @ $20? Everyone knows I'm primarily hermit with a righteous rig that's been in my sig since 2014, so I'm asking with an unbiased opinion.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#38 Posted by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@Heil68 said:

Well I was personally hoping this was a updated Halo Wars 2 HYPE thread, since its on sale. But I see it hasn't changed. AA on LOCK only to SUB A (6.0 FAIR) FLOP. I was hoping this would beat SONY's current gen 8 most recent AAAAE Essential Must play 10/10 EXCLUSIVE, but it didn't..

Oh well, s it worth picking up for Play Anywhere @ $20? Everyone knows I'm primarily hermit with a righteous rig that's been in my sig since 2014, so I'm asking with an unbiased opinion.

This ain't Jiminy Cricket Heil lol.

Avatar image for Heil68
#39 Posted by Heil68 (58165 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@Heil68 said:

Well I was personally hoping this was a updated Halo Wars 2 HYPE thread, since its on sale. But I see it hasn't changed. AA on LOCK only to SUB A (6.0 FAIR) FLOP. I was hoping this would beat SONY's current gen 8 most recent AAAAE Essential Must play 10/10 EXCLUSIVE, but it didn't..

Oh well, s it worth picking up for Play Anywhere @ $20? Everyone knows I'm primarily hermit with a righteous rig that's been in my sig since 2014, so I'm asking with an unbiased opinion.

This ain't Jiminy Cricket Heil lol.

What do you say scrampy??????

I'm sorry I'm an unbiased manticore with a top 5% Gaming PC. I dont know what it's like to be chained to a console. Add me on STEAM, BroknOath, and maybe we can play one of the 150+ games I own, good day m8!

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#40 Edited by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@Heil68 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Heil68 said:

Well I was personally hoping this was a updated Halo Wars 2 HYPE thread, since its on sale. But I see it hasn't changed. AA on LOCK only to SUB A (6.0 FAIR) FLOP. I was hoping this would beat SONY's current gen 8 most recent AAAAE Essential Must play 10/10 EXCLUSIVE, but it didn't..

Oh well, s it worth picking up for Play Anywhere @ $20? Everyone knows I'm primarily hermit with a righteous rig that's been in my sig since 2014, so I'm asking with an unbiased opinion.

This ain't Jiminy Cricket Heil lol.

What do you say scrampy??????

I'm sorry I'm an unbiased manticore with a top 5% Gaming PC. I dont know what it's like to be chained to a console. Add me on STEAM, BroknOath, and maybe we can play one of the 150+ games I own, good day m8!

LOL what???

I know your GT as I've seen your Xbox profile, mr last online 14 minutes ago, and the last played game was ME, and saw the clip of you just jumping up and not doing anything, playing games seems to confuse you lol.

PS...Oh and it's G'day m8 :)

Avatar image for getyeryayasout
#41 Posted by getyeryayasout (11832 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@Heil68 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Heil68 said:

Well I was personally hoping this was a updated Halo Wars 2 HYPE thread, since its on sale. But I see it hasn't changed. AA on LOCK only to SUB A (6.0 FAIR) FLOP. I was hoping this would beat SONY's current gen 8 most recent AAAAE Essential Must play 10/10 EXCLUSIVE, but it didn't..

Oh well, s it worth picking up for Play Anywhere @ $20? Everyone knows I'm primarily hermit with a righteous rig that's been in my sig since 2014, so I'm asking with an unbiased opinion.

This ain't Jiminy Cricket Heil lol.

What do you say scrampy??????

I'm sorry I'm an unbiased manticore with a top 5% Gaming PC. I dont know what it's like to be chained to a console. Add me on STEAM, BroknOath, and maybe we can play one of the 150+ games I own, good day m8!

LOL what???

I know your GT as I've seen your Xbox profile, mr last online 14 minutes ago, and the last played game was ME, and saw the clip of you just jumping up and not doing anything, playing games seems to confuse you lol.

PS...Oh and it's G'day m8 :)

Crickey!

Avatar image for Jag85
#42 Posted by Jag85 (12030 posts) -
@Netret0120 said:

Australia>>>>>>>>>>>>England

12 years straight defending the World Cup back2back2back.

The Ashes is pointless. Australia is way out of England's league.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#43 Posted by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@getyeryayasout said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Heil68 said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Heil68 said:

Well I was personally hoping this was a updated Halo Wars 2 HYPE thread, since its on sale. But I see it hasn't changed. AA on LOCK only to SUB A (6.0 FAIR) FLOP. I was hoping this would beat SONY's current gen 8 most recent AAAAE Essential Must play 10/10 EXCLUSIVE, but it didn't..

Oh well, s it worth picking up for Play Anywhere @ $20? Everyone knows I'm primarily hermit with a righteous rig that's been in my sig since 2014, so I'm asking with an unbiased opinion.

This ain't Jiminy Cricket Heil lol.

What do you say scrampy??????

I'm sorry I'm an unbiased manticore with a top 5% Gaming PC. I dont know what it's like to be chained to a console. Add me on STEAM, BroknOath, and maybe we can play one of the 150+ games I own, good day m8!

LOL what???

I know your GT as I've seen your Xbox profile, mr last online 14 minutes ago, and the last played game was ME, and saw the clip of you just jumping up and not doing anything, playing games seems to confuse you lol.

PS...Oh and it's G'day m8 :)

Crickey!

Dry as a dead dingos donger

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#44 Posted by I_P_Daily (8989 posts) -

@Jag85 said:
@Netret0120 said:

Australia>>>>>>>>>>>>England

12 years straight defending the World Cup back2back2back.

The Ashes is pointless. Australia is way out of England's league.

Yeah Australia is like 2 leagues ahead :)

Avatar image for Heil68
#45 Posted by Heil68 (58165 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@getyeryayasout said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Heil68 said:
@i_p_daily said:

This ain't Jiminy Cricket Heil lol.

What do you say scrampy??????

I'm sorry I'm an unbiased manticore with a top 5% Gaming PC. I dont know what it's like to be chained to a console. Add me on STEAM, BroknOath, and maybe we can play one of the 150+ games I own, good day m8!

LOL what???

I know your GT as I've seen your Xbox profile, mr last online 14 minutes ago, and the last played game was ME, and saw the clip of you just jumping up and not doing anything, playing games seems to confuse you lol.

PS...Oh and it's G'day m8 :)

Crickey!

Dry as a dead dingos donger

Wolly lil'bugger m8