The return of 'secret sauce' but this time it's 'special sauce'.

• 112 results
#1 Posted by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

“What we have done with Sony is really architect something for their application, for their special sauce,” she said. “It’s a great honor for us. We’re really excited about what the next generation PlayStation will do.”

Link

What will this special sauce be: Giving blowjobs to the users (though up until this point it's cows who jerk off to the plastic), power to take us to new galaxy, finally be able to divide by zero or just plain old boring 8K/120 FPS?

#2 Posted by AJStyles (1073 posts) -

The Cell is coming back in liquid metal form like the terminators. PS5 is going to exterminate the last remaining xbox’s And nintendo’s.

Judgement Day is coming.

#3 Posted by tormentos (29239 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

“What we have done with Sony is really architect something for their application, for their special sauce,” she said. “It’s a great honor for us. We’re really excited about what the next generation PlayStation will do.”

Link

What will this special sauce be: Giving blowjobs to the users (though up until this point it's cows who jerk off to the plastic), power to take us to new galaxy, finally be able to divide by zero or just plain old boring 8K/120 FPS?

Well i don't see sony saying anything about special sauce,so those are AMD words not sony.

She may be referring to custom modifications done to the PS5 hardware just like more aces on PS4 which again isn't secret or special sauce just a modification.

#4 Posted by ronvalencia (28230 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

The Cell is coming back in liquid metal form like the terminators. PS5 is going to exterminate the last remaining xbox’s And nintendo’s.

Judgement Day is coming.

PS5 is another DBZ Fusion.

#5 Posted by sakaiXx (6056 posts) -

Xbox one secret sauce and powah of the cloud bullshit was highlight for me. They makes up some really below iq 80 excuses when the news about ps4 more powerful than it came out. Those were the times.

#6 Posted by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@pc_rocks said:

Link

Well i don't see sony saying anything about special sauce,so those are AMD words not sony.

She may be referring to custom modifications done to the PS5 hardware just like more aces on PS4 which again isn't secret or special sauce just a modification.

Wow....captain obvious. Thank you for telling us those are AMD's words, without you I clearly had no idea it was Su who said that even though I linked her interview.

#7 Edited by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

Xbox one secret sauce and powah of the cloud bullshit was highlight for me. They makes up some really below iq 80 excuses when the news about ps4 more powerful than it came out. Those were the times.

Nah, nothing beats 'teh cell'.

#8 Posted by Ten_Pints (3903 posts) -

I think what they mean by special sauce is non gimped hardware like they did with Microsoft last time.

#9 Posted by sovkhan (1281 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

Link

Says the guy jerking off silicon...How ironic!!!

#10 Posted by Ant_17 (12862 posts) -

Sony bringing the future. Be gratefull herms.

#11 Edited by DaVillain- (38004 posts) -

@Ant_17 said:

I'll be graceful for those PS5 exclusive games only. Specs are a afterthought my console gaming friend :)

#12 Posted by tormentos (29239 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

Wow....captain obvious. Thank you for telling us those are AMD's words, without you I clearly had no idea it was Su who said that even though I linked her interview.

Considering how fragile and small your brain i think i did good highlighting the obvious again,because the obvious didn't steer you away from making a fool of your self,by trying to compare this to the xbox one failed secret sauce.

@pc_rocks said:
@sakaixx said:

Actually Cell deliver,it actually helped a console with a weaker GPU beat one with a stronger one and did something no other console was doing before use its CPU to to aid the GPU in GPU related task.

The cloud,5 billion transistor apu, secret sauce,infinite power of the cloud,DX12 did nothing the xbox one remained weaker all gen long which is why they release an X mode.

At least Cell did something.

Keep the work up lemming.

#13 Posted by Ant_17 (12862 posts) -

@davillain-: Same. Don't care if the PS5 is a Switch even.

#14 Posted by djoffer (1451 posts) -

The Cell 2.0!!

#15 Posted by uninspiredcup (34939 posts) -

They've realized the Sega CD was correct and just gonna save resources by making it all FMV?

#16 Posted by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

@sovkhan said:
@pc_rocks said:

Link

Says the guy jerking off silicon...How ironic!!!

Sorry, I don't speak idiotic. Could you translate that in English?

#17 Posted by shellcase86 (4521 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:
@tormentos said:
@pc_rocks said:

Link

Him telling us who said it was needed it because you did not in your OP.

#18 Edited by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

@tormentos said:

Considering how fragile and small your brain i think i did good highlighting the obvious again,because the obvious didn't steer you away from making a fool of your self,by trying to compare this to the xbox one failed secret sauce.

Meh, what a weak comeback even for you. I don't even feel like responding. It's almost like admitting defeat.

Actually Cell deliver,it

Should I link the E3 2005, all the Sony articles, Kutaragi as well as you with your fellow cows hyping teh cell and all the outrageous claims?

helped a console with a weaker GPU beat one with a stronger one and did something no other console was doing before use its CPU to to aid the GPU in GPU related task.

Oh it aided a GPU. Well surprise surprise...PS3 wasn't supposed to have a GPU and teh cell was touted to be so powerful to work on its own. It was only after cell proved to be a massive stinker as well as a money pit that they have to bundle in a rebranded GPU to give teh cell much needed help at the last minute. It was the GPU that aided eh cell if anything.

How cute. I always look for that comeback in your replies. A sure fire way for me to know that I have hit a nerve and you have no comeback. Try again! :)

#19 Edited by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

@shellcase86:

No one said Sony said it either yet he mentions that. Furthermore, if you look at the actual quote it was quite obvious that someone apart from Sony is saying that.

@Ant_17 said:

Ah, now I get it. The special sauce is that PS5 is so fast, faster than speed of light that it will allow time travel into the future. Pretty cool! All human race is grateful not just herms.

@uninspiredcup said:

They've realized the Sega CD was correct and just gonna save resources by making it all FMV?

Ouch!

#20 Posted by NoodleFighter (10496 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@pc_rocks said:

Actually Cell deliver,it actually helped a console with a weaker GPU beat one with a stronger one and did something no other console was doing before use its CPU to to aid the GPU in GPU related task.

The cloud,5 billion transistor apu, secret sauce,infinite power of the cloud,DX12 did nothing the xbox one remained weaker all gen long which is why they release an X mode.

The Cell did more harm than good overall when you factor in that it was ridiculously complex to code to the metal for. As a result nearly every 3rd party game that wasn't Japanese used the Xbox 360 as the lead platform and some games even skipped the PS3 because of it which helped the 360 build up a library of console exclusives such as Left 4 Dead, The Witcher 2 and Metro 2033.

#21 Posted by Xplode_games (2002 posts) -

@ten_pints said:

I think what they mean by special sauce is non gimped hardware like they did with Microsoft last time.

No, I think they mean custom hardware.

#22 Posted by Xplode_games (2002 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@pc_rocks said:

@pc_rocks said:
@sakaixx said:

The Cell did do something. It made it ridiculously expensive and time consuming(massive delays) to develop games. It also made it very difficult to emulate the games so that's why you don't see any backwards compatibility on the PS4.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#23 Posted by GoldenElementXL (3418 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: I’ve been eagerly awaiting the return of FMV games. Maybe I will finally get remasters of some of these Sega CD 32X games. Slam City and Corpse Killer in 4K/HDR would be awesome.

Hopefully the PS5 controller will have a battery that can hold a charge long enough to enjoy a FMV game run.

#24 Posted by Pedro (35605 posts) -

Secret Sauce = Nothing special but we make it sound special.

#25 Posted by I_P_Daily (12527 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

What's your below iq 80 excuse for that ^

#26 Posted by phbz (4658 posts) -

@i_p_daily: OMG I can't stop laughing!

#27 Posted by osan0 (15456 posts) -

the PS5 is going to have the PS5 SOC, PS4 soc, a new PS3 SOC containing the cell and RSX, a PS2 SOC with same and the PS1 chip.

but here is the real magic.

• the PS1 chip will be whats available to developers. Bring back them PS1 visuals! true next gen.
  • the PS2 chip will be for movie decoding (DVD movies only im afraid....licences are not free).
  • the PS3 chip will be for the OS and security decryption/encryption.
  • The PS4 and 5 chip will be mining bitcoins for sony (and it will be made very clear that they are sonys coins. you just get the pleasure of mining them to donate to sonys greatness).

it will be magnificent :P

in all seriousness its just going to be tweaks and bits and bobs to get as much out of the SOC as possible. I think the X1X has some ideas we will see in the PS4 and X2 with regard to getting more out of the CPU.

on the GPU side same story really...navi based but with a few tweaks to get more bang per buck.

the PS5 and X2 are probably going to share a lot of these tweaks also because if they dont 3rd parties will beat them over the head.

#28 Edited by tormentos (29239 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

Meh, what a weak comeback even for you. I don't even feel like responding. It's almost like admitting defeat.

Actually Cell deliver,it

Should I link the E3 2005, all the Sony articles, Kutaragi as well as you with your fellow cows hyping teh cell and all the outrageous claims?

helped a console with a weaker GPU beat one with a stronger one and did something no other console was doing before use its CPU to to aid the GPU in GPU related task.

Oh it aided a GPU. Well surprise surprise...PS3 wasn't supposed to have a GPU and teh cell was touted to be so powerful to work on its own. It was only after cell proved to be a massive stinker as well as a money pit that they have to bundle in a rebranded GPU to give teh cell much needed help at the last minute. It was the GPU that aided eh cell if anything.

How cute. I always look for that comeback in your replies. A sure fire way for me to know that I have hit a nerve and you have no comeback. Try again! :)

First of all the version of the PS3 that was suppose to come with just Cell would have 2 Cell not just one,and sony opted for Nvidia GPU + 1 cell which did pay.

Yeah Cell was so shitty that War hawk actually has ray traced clouds buffoon you know what ray tracing is right that nice feature that every one want now?

When was the last time a CPU could render in tandem with GPU?

lol you want to quote old cows on something say here on 2005 lemming? Yeah thanks for confirming your are an alt.

The GPU inside the PS3 was a joke compare to the 360,yet the PS3 topped the 360 graphically,because of Cell if the PS3 would had a CPU like the Xenon CPU the 360 will have kick the PS3 in both exclusives and multiplatforms as well.

Cell was so good that it was taking GPU processes and handling them for the GPU,which free GPU time and again even was capable of ray tracing in game.

So yeah unlike the shit MS did with the xbox one Cell at least deliver,and lets not talk of over hype as MS did its fair share of over hype with the 360.

@NoodleFighter said:

The Cell did more harm than good overall when you factor in that it was ridiculously complex to code to the metal for. As a result nearly every 3rd party game that wasn't Japanese used the Xbox 360 as the lead platform and some games even skipped the PS3 because of it which helped the 360 build up a library of console exclusives such as Left 4 Dead, The Witcher 2 and Metro 2033.

It would have turn out that way either way,it wasn't just cell the xbox 360 tools were easier because they were windows based.

NO what helped MS build a library of exclusives like left 4 dead was MS paying millions to developers and buying exclusivity not the level of complexity of cell.

In fact games such as Bioshock,mass effect,left 4 dead and many others MS payed exclusivity to have them.

Mass effect didn't come to PS3 until EA bought the developer which killed the MS exclusivity deal.

@Xplode_games said:

The Cell did do something. It made it ridiculously expensive and time consuming(massive delays) to develop games. It also made it very difficult to emulate the games so that's why you don't see any backwards compatibility on the PS4.

That wasn't just Cell it was also Sony tools for it,Cell was a CPU by IBM just like the Xenon.

It doesn't make it difficult to emulate see this is what happen when you don't investigate first.

Cell didn't make it difficult for PS4 to emulate Cell,the Jaguar on PS4 is incapable even the xbox one X version of emulating Cell because Cell is actually stronger using 5 SPE alone than the Jaguar inside the PS4.

As you can see here look how the 360 CPU results vs Cell this is lol worthy Cell shits all over the Xenon results it beat the PS4 jaguar as well and with 6 SPE it would beat the XBO jaguar as well.

This is the reason the PS4 can't emulate Cell.

#29 Posted by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@pc_rocks said:

Actually Cell deliver,it

First of all the version of the PS3 that was suppose to come with just Cell would have 2 Cell not just one,and sony opted for Nvidia GPU + 1 cell which did pay.

Yeah Cell was so shitty that War hawk actually has ray traced clouds buffoon you know what ray tracing is right that nice feature that every one want now?

When was the last time a CPU could render in tandem with GPU?

lol you want to quote old cows on something say here on 2005 lemming? Yeah thanks for confirming your are an alt.

The GPU inside the PS3 was a joke compare to the 360,yet the PS3 topped the 360 graphically,because of Cell if the PS3 would had a CPU like the Xenon CPU the 360 will have kick the PS3 in both exclusives and multiplatforms as well.

Cell was so good that it was taking GPU processes and handling them for the GPU,which free GPU time and again even was capable of ray tracing in game.

So yeah unlike the shit MS did with the xbox one Cell at least deliver,and lets not talk of over hype as MS did its fair share of over hype with the 360.

Again a whole lot of gibberish without substance. PS3 wasn't suppose to have the GPU, CELL was touted to be enough and only after it being proven to be sh*t at everything GPU was added to save face. If anything the Nvidia GPU saved teh cell not the other way around.

Ray traced clouds.....???? ROFLMAO.giof. Just like GG claimed they are using ray-tracing for KZ:SF by coping Crytek's RLR 2 years later?

Oh I remember a decade old Intel CPU used to render Quake 3 completely ray-traced. Try again. teh cell was shit at general purpose tasks contemporary CPU's are good at and it's also sh*t at tasks GPU excels at, hence the reason Sony abandoned it the first chance they got. A piece of trash all around. Sony initially wanted to use it for everything else and once it turned out to be a stinker they quickly sold all investments in it and even abandon its use in consoles let alone other devices.

No, PS3 didn't top 360 in graphics at all. Crytek proved you all wrong hence the reason you guys hate them with a passion. Wrong again.

teh cell didn't live up to a single promise of it and was a complete and utter disaster. It didn't deliver anything and funny thing is Sony/ND were keep hyping its power as late as 2011 by calling it limitless.

Oh 2005? I can easily quote cows and Sony as far back as PS2. Just need to google Kutaragi, Emotion Engine, Cell, Super Computer etc. and I would have an endless list of lies and outrageous claims. Nice try trying to deflect from the topic by calling me an alt. Too bad you abandon your trademark lem defense.

#30 Posted by tormentos (29239 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

Again a whole lot of gibberish without substance. PS3 wasn't suppose to have the GPU, CELL was touted to be enough and only after it being proven to be sh*t at everything GPU was added to save face. If anything the Nvidia GPU saved teh cell not the other way around.

Ray traced clouds.....???? ROFLMAO.giof. Just like GG claimed they are using ray-tracing for KZ:SF by coping Crytek's RLR 2 years later?

Oh I remember a decade old Intel CPU used to render Quake 3 completely ray-traced. Try again. teh cell was shit at general purpose tasks contemporary CPU's are good at and it's also sh*t at tasks GPU excels at, hence the reason Sony abandoned it the first chance they got. A piece of trash all around. Sony initially wanted to use it for everything else and once it turned out to be a stinker they quickly sold all investments in it and even abandon its use in consoles let alone other devices.

No, PS3 didn't top 360 in graphics at all. Crytek proved you all wrong hence the reason you guys hate them with a passion. Wrong again.

teh cell didn't live up to a single promise of it and was a complete and utter disaster. It didn't deliver anything and funny thing is Sony/ND were keep hyping its power as late as 2011 by calling it limitless.

Oh 2005? I can easily quote cows and Sony as far back as PS2. Just need to google Kutaragi, Emotion Engine, Cell, Super Computer etc. and I would have an endless list of lies and outrageous claims. Nice try trying to deflect from the topic by calling me an alt. Too bad you abandon your trademark lem defense.

This is the problem with your argument ass Cell is a CPU not a GPU so sucking as a GPU mean total shit,in fact as a GPU Cell kicked the crap of any CPU of the time and some years after running GPU task.

Cell is not a GPU is a CPU with GPU capabilities.

Yes the cheap ass and cut down 7600gtx inside the PS3 save it,you do know the damn Xenos inside the xbox 360 was more powerful than the 7800GTX which was much better than the shitty GPU the PS3 ended up with. Without Cell the PS3 would have simply would have not shine.

NO ass War hawk feature ray traced clouds,in fact is was one of the best looking part of the game.

The only reason it was abandon you buffoon is because it was CHEAPER to buy one specially considering the CPU the PS4 ended with it was cost effective for sony to drop it.

Hahahaa Crytek Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Not only Uncharted 3 piss all over it,so does killzone 3 and The last of US as well Crysis on consoles wasn't even close to PC and even the 360 version could not hold a candle to sony's bets looking games.

If fun to see you downplay cell hate the PS3 while at the same time say SHIT about the actual creators of the secret sauce, which sell to millions of people that a damn cloud would increase the power of its console with its infinite power.

Hey lemming you can drop the act you are not fooling anyone... ahahahaa

#31 Edited by Pedro (35605 posts) -

People are still arguing over the shitty PS3 cell that flopped so hard that cell has fall into oblivion.

#32 Posted by tormentos (29239 posts) -

@Pedro said:

People are still arguing over the shitty PS3 cell that flopped so hard that cell has fall into oblivion.

No matter what it didn't flop as bad as the xbox one did. :)

#33 Edited by Pedro (35605 posts) -

@tormentos said:

No matter what it didn't flop as bad as the xbox one did. :)

The cell flopped harder than the Xbox One ever will. No-one cares or give shit about the overrated under performing cell tech except for folks like you. :)

#34 Posted by PC_Rocks (2569 posts) -

@tormentos said:

This is the problem with your argument ass Cell is a CPU not a GPU so sucking as a GPU mean total shit,in fact as a GPU Cell kicked the crap of any CPU of the time and some years after running GPU task.

Cell is not a GPU is a CPU with GPU capabilities.

Yes the cheap ass and cut down 7600gtx inside the PS3 save it,you do know the damn Xenos inside the xbox 360 was more powerful than the 7800GTX which was much better than the shitty GPU the PS3 ended up with. Without Cell the PS3 would have simply would have not shine.

NO ass War hawk feature ray traced clouds,in fact is was one of the best looking part of the game.

The only reason it was abandon you buffoon is because it was CHEAPER to buy one specially considering the CPU the PS4 ended with it was cost effective for sony to drop it.

Hahahaa Crytek Hahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Not only Uncharted 3 piss all over it,so does killzone 3 and The last of US as well Crysis on consoles wasn't even close to PC and even the 360 version could not hold a candle to sony's bets looking games.

If fun to see you downplay cell hate the PS3 while at the same time say SHIT about the actual creators of the secret sauce, which sell to millions of people that a damn cloud would increase the power of its console with its infinite power.

Hey lemming you can drop the act you are not fooling anyone... ahahahaa

Irrelevant and without substance. PS3 was supposed to just perform with teh cell and it couldn't hence the reason Nvidia was brought on board to save face. Without GPU it would be an even bigger disaster. GPU saved teh cell not the other way around.

Sorry, I believe DF, Tiago Sousa - the principal rendering engineer over what a butthurt cow says. Crysis 2 is technically superior to whatever Sony put out on PS3. Funny Tiago specifically busted al the myths about it in the interview with DF and coincidentally Sony/ND/GG stopped hyping about the power of teh cell and only possible on PS3 bullsh*t after that interview. Egg on Sony's face right there.

Teh cell was a complete and utter disaster and didn't come anywhere close to even one of its promises. No amount of DC will change that as Sony themselves abandon it the first chance they got. Quite funny was when Sony First Party was hyping the power of PS4, its architecture, ease of use etc by directly sh*tting on PS3 yet just a couple of years back saying teh cell having limit less power.

I don't need to drop any act. I'm what I'm. Not every cow hater is a lem, that's just you cows default defense mechanism because you can't even comprehend that all reasonable people are fed up with your extreme cult around Sony.

#35 Posted by Pedro (35605 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

Irrelevant and without substance. PS3 was supposed to just perform with teh cell and it couldn't hence the reason Nvidia was brought on board to save face. Without GPU it would be an even bigger disaster. GPU saved teh cell not the other way around.

Sorry, I believe DF, Tiago Sousa - the principal rendering engineer over what a butthurt cow says. Crysis 2 is technically superior to whatever Sony put out on PS3. Funny Tiago specifically busted al the myths about it in the interview with DF and coincidentally Sony/ND/GG stopped hyping about the power of teh cell and only possible on PS3 bullsh*t after that interview. Egg on Sony's face right there.

Teh cell was a complete and utter disaster and didn't come anywhere close to even one of its promises. No amount of DC will change that as Sony themselves abandon it the first chance they got. Quite funny was when Sony First Party was hyping the power of PS4, its architecture, ease of use etc by directly sh*tting on PS3 yet just a couple of years back saying teh cell having limit less power.

I don't need to drop any act. I'm what I'm. Not every cow hater is a lem, that's just you cows default defense mechanism because you can't even comprehend that all reasonable people are fed up with your extreme cult around Sony.

#36 Posted by cainetao11 (36815 posts) -

Lmao this forum.

#37 Posted by VFighter (5231 posts) -

@Pedro: How did the cell flop again? By selling 87 million consoles and creating some of the best looking games last gen, that's a flop? Maybe my definition of flop is different then yours?

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#38 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (29232 posts) -

Better movie games. More movier.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#39 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (29232 posts) -

@vfighter said:

@Pedro: How did the cell flop again? By selling 87 million consoles and creating some of the best looking games last gen, that's a flop? Maybe my definition of flop is different then yours?

Don't rewrite history.

Every multiplat was worse on PS3. Between performance and pricing it took the PS3 ages to get back on track. And I bought the fat PS3 day one for $600 and championed the thing for YEARS after its release.

#40 Posted by tormentos (29239 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

1-Bullshit systems are not complete until finish the RSX was announce in 2004 they were working on it already,development of the PS3 begin in 2001.

But again show me a CPU from 2006 that was even close to Cell and what it can do GPU wise i DARE you.

In those times dual core were not even a thing and were ultra expensive and still would not hold a candle to Cell in GPU task,cell is a CPU not GPU and runs at 3.2ghz speed that not GPU runs on 2005 which speed were 500mhz or a little more.

2-Crysis 2 hahahahaha you mean that game with shitty animation,horrible frame rate and sub 720p resolution?

Dude effect,animation,level of detail and attention to detail and even frame is better in Uncharted 3 than Crysis 2 and if we bring TLOU which is a step abode Uncharted 3 is an ever bigger gap,while delivering true 720p not sub 720p like crysis 2.

But i remember this kind of argument here from certain lemmings who wanted to pretend they were hermit,and they just hated the PS3,now i am sure that you are lol worthy alt.

What Cell promise? Please LINK me to what Cell or sony promise with Cell.

Yeah yet the Jaguar inside the PS4 is weaker than Cell a 2001 CPU design..Hahahaa

Ups what that? The PS3 with 5 SPE toping the Jaguar on PS4 and pissing on the xbox 360 CPU how can that be cell is shitty according to you.

Why do you think the PS4 can't emulate the PS3 because sony doesn't have an emulator or is bad at it? hahahaa The PS4 Jaguar simply can't.

NO lemming i have here 16 years so yeah i know how to recognize an alt,a lemming and a TRUE hermit,which in fact many are here,poster like you who pretend to be PC lover but only attack sony are lemmings..lol

Once again the one who claim secret sauce was MS and Digital foundry by the way when it was running PR articles for MS specially Richard leadbetter.

But what i see here is a butthurt lemming trying to compare something AMD say to what was say about MS by its own PR team,you failed miserably.

@Pedro said:

That is funny because you are a LEMMING and everyone knows it here,but i get it no lemming want to be a lemming this gen and if Kingtito and Stormyjoe,and even Blackace claim they were not lemmings you could try as well.

@Bread_or_Decide said:

Don't rewrite history.

Every multiplat was worse on PS3. Between performance and pricing it took the PS3 ages to get back on track. And I bought the fat PS3 day one for $600 and championed the thing for YEARS after its release.

1- Not every multiplatform was worse.

2-It was the difficulty of programming vs how the xbox 360 was easier,not because of Cell not living to its merits.

The PS3 took time to get on track because it was 2 expensive vs its competitors,but i tell you this a $600 xbox 360 or wii even with more power would have die an instant death,what sony pulled with the PS3 was a miracle any other company would have never sell what the PS3 did.

And to put things in perspective the generation sony loss is by far the closes generation between 3 competitors the wii outsold the PS3 by not even 20 millions,and the xbox 360 was surpass even with its millions of re bought units.

The PS2 spanked the xbox and gamecube by more than 100 millions units both combined,and the PS1 beat the N64 by more than 70 millions and the saturn by even more.

The DC,xbox and gamecube sold 58 millions the PS2 156 millions it wasn't even close,when sony is on its feet it simply destroy the competition,and in fact the xbox one started the same year as the PS4 and trails it by more than 50 million units.

So the PS3 did great all things consider.

#41 Posted by lamprey263 (36204 posts) -

They got something new to replace the NeoGAF propaganda machine?

#42 Posted by ProtossRushX (5694 posts) -

Damn Secret technology for the ps5 is epic...this means it could maybe beat PC gaming with secret new technology.

#43 Posted by AJStyles (1073 posts) -

Guess what Lems?

PS3 had the superior graphics. That is a fact. It was the more powerful machine because of the Cell.

We have been through this a million times. We have real world proof. There is NOTHING on xbox360 that is as great looking as God Of War 3, Uncharted 2/3, Heavy Rain/Beyond 2 souls, Gran Turismo 6 etc.

Your best looking game: Gears Of War 3 I suppose? Is worse looking than PS3 games I listed and more.

I don’t care what paper says. Real world proof is PS3 is more powerful. #DealWithIt

#44 Posted by Pedro (35605 posts) -

@tormentos: Its funny how you think you are proving him to the contrary but you are actually doubling down on proving him right. Yikes!

#45 Posted by Pedro (35605 posts) -

@vfighter said:

The technology failed and was abandoned. That made it flopped. Sony couldn't have abandon it for the PS3 once it was started using the shit tech thus the reason for the PS4 change in technology. If the cell wasn't a flop it would have been in the PS4 but it isn't and it would NEVER make a return. Its time to accept the facts. :)

#46 Posted by lundy86_4 (53808 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

Guess what Lems?

PS3 had the superior graphics. That is a fact. It was the more powerful machine because of the Cell.

We have been through this a million times. We have real world proof. There is NOTHING on xbox360 that is as great looking as God Of War 3, Uncharted 2/3, Heavy Rain/Beyond 2 souls, Gran Turismo 6 etc.

Your best looking game: Gears Of War 3 I suppose? Is worse looking than PS3 games I listed and more.

I don’t care what paper says. Real world proof is PS3 is more powerful. #DealWithIt

Dude... Far more variables than what you posted.

#47 Posted by Shewgenja (21456 posts) -

Personally, I think it would be cool if MSes new studios brought some competition to Sonys first party next gen. It's a long shot, but we as gamers would profit from such a dynamic.

#48 Posted by Pedro (35605 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Personally, I think it would be cool if MSes new studios brought some competition to Sonys first party next gen. It's a long shot, but we as gamers would profit from such a dynamic.

Its a long shot that some of the studios they have purchase would make great games?

#49 Posted by mojito1988 (3704 posts) -

Hoping the secret sauce is having a ton of great JPRGs like Ps1.

Hint: Not gonna happen.

#50 Edited by ronvalencia (28230 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@pc_rocks said:

@pc_rocks said:
@sakaixx said:

CELL's SPU is not a GPU since its missing geometry-raster engine (mass floating-point to integer conversion), texture units(texture data read/write + filtering) and ROPS(z-buffer with color raster read/write and blending effects).

SPU doesn't have Blitter (basic GPU function, mass data movements without ALU resource usage).

CELL's SPU's instruction set is based on PowerPC's Altivec (software 128 register model).

IBM's SPU has gather instructions at local data storage level while Intel's AVX 2 has gather instruction at register level. GPU has gather/scatter instructions with each texture unit.

On apples to apples comparison, BattleField 3 used deferred compute tile rendering on PS3's SPU and Xbox 360's GPU ALU compute hardware with Xbox 360's results being superior. Hint: software tile compute render loop with lower latency within the compute unit.

NVIDIA built RT (raytracing BHV search and intersect test) and Tensor cores (ray-tracing denoise) next to CUDA cores to reduce latency.