The real reason why Wii and 360 sales more than PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ihsanqueen
Member since 2008 • 913 Posts

The piracy man, seriously!!

Just for you know, I lived in Indonesia, and here in my country you can buy the games for 360 and Wii only $ 1.5!!

Yeah, seriously, if you have $60.00 on PS3 you can only buy 1 game but on 360 and Wii you can buy 40 DIFFERENT GAMES!! Awesome eh?

Sure, you buy the piracy games, but for consoles you must buy the original, didn't you?

All of my friends bought the Wii and 360 and then all the games they bought are piracy games, thats why 360 and Wii sold more than PS3

Kickinurass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Kickinurass
Member since 2005 • 3357 Posts

I sincerely hope MS got to all your friends with their banhammer.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RAGINGxPONY
Member since 2009 • 1452 Posts

Maybe that is why in your country they out sell the PS3. But overall I bet that has little effect.

Mr_Splosher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Mr_Splosher
Member since 2009 • 772 Posts
Probably best not to mention that here. ( >,>)
shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

I wish there were more pirates in this world. Actually, I dream sometimes that this world is more like One Piece. :D

shoryuken_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 shoryuken_
Member since 2009 • 3420 Posts

Probably best not to mention that here. ( >,>)Mr_Splosher

He's not encouraging anyone to go out and pirate games or giving methods of doing so. There is no harm being done.

ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ihsanqueen

Why? I think the piracy is the biggest problem in gaming world, not exclusives games

Around my friends I'm the only one who bought the original games although they so much more expensives and all my friends called me a moron

iluvmachines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 iluvmachines
Member since 2010 • 34 Posts
i think it's okay as long as you don't encourage piracy. you can mention it, but not specify it or publish ways on how to get it to work.
ihsanqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ihsanqueen

Maybe that is why in your country they out sell the PS3. But overall I bet that has little effect.

RAGINGxPONY

Ehh....just for you know Indonesia is the 4th most populated country in the world, only behind China, India, and USA

And in Indonesia here lived 200 million people, although not all of them gamer almost all gamer in Indonesia buy piracy games

That's just in my country, not counting the other country, I think that hasn't only little effect

iluvmachines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 iluvmachines

Just for you know, I lived in Indonesia, and here in my country you can buy the games for 360 and Wii only $ 1.5!!

Yeah, seriously, if you have $60.00 on PS3 you can only buy 1 game but on 360 and Wii you can buy 40 DIFFERENT GAMES!! Awesome eh?

Sure, you buy the piracy games, but for consoles you must buy the original, didn't you?

All of my friends bought the Wii and 360 and then all the games they bought are piracy games, thats why 360 and Wii sold more than PS3

ihsanqueen
dude! finally someone says it aloud! let the voice of other countries speak too! my case is exactly as yours. only my family and i can afford a ps3 (because we share games) but our friends had to get a 360 and other a wii.
RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 RAGINGxPONY

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

ihsanqueen

Ehh....just for you know Indonesia is the 4th most populated country in the world, only behind China, India, and USA

And in Indonesia here lived 200 million people, although not all of them gamer almost all gamer in Indonesia buy piracy games

That's just in my country, not counting the other country, I think that hasn't only little effect

Yeah I know, these piracy issues are in all third world countries. But even though Indonesia is the 4th most populated country. It is also a Third World country where not many people will be able to afford gaming consoles.

iluvmachines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 iluvmachines

[QUOTE="ihsanqueen"]

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

RAGINGxPONY

Yeah I know, these piracy issues are in all third world countries. But even though Indonesia is the 4th most populated country. It is also a Third World country where not many people will be able to afford gaming consoles.

a country doesn't need to be in the "third world" category for piracy to affect sales in there. do spain sounds like "third world" (i hate that word) to you? i don't think so and yet i have read in a lot of forums that piracy is rampant in there.
RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RAGINGxPONY

[QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

[QUOTE="ihsanqueen"]

iluvmachines

a country doesn't need to be in the "third world" category for piracy to affect sales in there. do spain sounds like "third world" (i hate that word) to you? i don't think so and yet i have read in a lot of forums that piracy is rampant in there.

Piracy is an issue everywhere, it's just far worst in third world countries. Which only makes sense because most people got less money to spend there. Also I visted Maylasia a while ago, and went to Chinatown there and I saw all these pirated games and DVDs for cheap! I don't know anywhere in Canada where I can just go buy these games/DVDs. I remember reading a news story a while back how the cops actually shut one of these places down in Canada.

Third World, does sound kind of mean actually, so no I don't like it.

iluvmachines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iluvmachines
well it's a real problem. but it does inflate xbox360 and wii hardware sales. like it did with the ps2. only that the first 2 aren't that impressive as the latter.
InfiniteBlak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 InfiniteBlak
Member since 2009 • 794 Posts
piracy, year headstart, cheaper price.
opex07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 opex07
Member since 2007 • 2236 Posts

The countries that have rampant piracy usually don't have a significant impact on each systems total sales.

RAGINGxPONY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 RAGINGxPONY

well it's a real problem. but it does inflate xbox360 and wii hardware sales. like it did with the ps2. only that the first 2 aren't that impressive as the latter.iluvmachines

Wii hardware sales are very impressive lol.

iluvmachines

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 iluvmachines

[QUOTE="iluvmachines"]well it's a real problem. but it does inflate xbox360 and wii hardware sales. like it did with the ps2. only that the first 2 aren't that impressive as the latter.RAGINGxPONY

Wii hardware sales are very impressive lol.

i meant as overall gaming machines :P though they are getting better
Avatar image for tastetheacidmil
tastetheacidmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 tastetheacidmil
Member since 2009 • 737 Posts

ihsanqueen
or mabey alot of people prefer the wii and 360 over ps3? or is that too painfull to accept?
Avatar image for guitarsrock4eva
guitarsrock4eva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#20 guitarsrock4eva
Member since 2008 • 373 Posts
[QUOTE="iluvmachines"][QUOTE="RAGINGxPONY"]

[QUOTE="ihsanqueen"]

I wouldn't use Spain as an example. I've been going on holiday there for years and over those years the amount of pirate copys of games has dwindled, used to be you would go to the market and there would be over 10 stalls, all with pirated games, now not even 1.
93soccer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 93soccer
Member since 2009 • 4602 Posts
Wow. That's like saying PS3 has those sales because people bought it as a blu-ray player. I have no way to prove it just like you don't BTW, I hope MS hit all your friends with a banhammer. Also, the reason Wii and 360 sales are more than PS3 is because more people bought them than the ps3 ;)
awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Yeah, in some countries piracy is ridiculous.

I heard 75% of 360 owners in Portugal got banned from the recent ban wave.

Edit:

Also, what happened to everyone saying the Wii was only for kids/old people.

I'm pretty sure either don't know how to hack a Wii...

PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#23 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

As i said in the other thread, its impressive how 360´s software sales are so high with so many pirated consoles!!!

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#24 deactivated-5f9e3c6a83e51
Member since 2004 • 57548 Posts

RAGINGxPONY
I believe you are correct.
PAL360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#25 PAL360
Member since 2007 • 30574 Posts

Yeah, in some countries piracy is ridiculous.

I heard 75% of 360 owners in Portugal got banned from the recent ban wave.

Edit:

Also, what happened to everyone saying the Wii was only for kids/old people.

I'm pretty sure either don't know how to hack a Wii...

awssk8er716

I live in Portugal and unfortunatly its true. Im probably one of the few who have a non pirated one ;)

Serraph105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Serraph105
Member since 2007 • 36044 Posts

RAGINGxPONY
I have seen piracy numbers and you can trust me they are most certainly making a difference. Not about them outselling the PS3 exactly, but without piracy tens of millions of more games would have been sold. I know that GTA CTW would currently have a much better chance at a sequel as it's piracy level more than doubles it sales.