the "true power" of the PS4 wont be revealed for 3-4 years?!?!? LMAO y

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1 Trinitarian
Member since 2007 • 1407 Posts

Wow, its like sony uses  the same old propaganda every new console generation when they launch a new PS. Anyhow, since the alleged PS4 is some "super charged" version of a PC I don't see how this makes any sense. If the core compenatens of the PS4 is like a PC, then why will it take 3-4 years to see the true power of the PS4? I mean, current PCs are going to be more powerful then any next gen console AND in 3-4 years the power of any next gen console will be utterly dwarfed by the PC. I'm sorry, but i'm not going to buy into the propaganda of Sony this generation. Its just a rinse and repeat of last gen. However, it was easy to feed the cows with this garbage because of the "mysteries cell." Any the console before that it was "don't let the PS2 get into the hands of terrorist because it can be used as a powerful weapon" LMAO. 

Is there no end to the amount of lies Sony will dish out? And is this just another indication that the PS4 won't be superior to the 3 X1 in terms of power in any significant way? I think so...

What we have is is a rinse and repeat propagnada tatics that preys on the stupidly of people and feeding those with lies cause its what people want to hear lmao. 

Giancar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Giancar
Member since 2006 • 19159 Posts
Shooty?
Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

Makes sense, look in retrospect of the past gens and you can see launch games vs end games looking better with optimization and technique.

xhawk27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 xhawk27
Member since 2010 • 12183 Posts

I thought Sony wasn't going to use the Cell 2 in the PS4. ;)

Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Trinitarian

Makes sense, look in retrospect of the past gens and you can see launch games vs end games looking better with optimization and technique.

Bikouchu35
well that goes without saying, all consoles look better towards the end of their life. However, sony is making the same garbage they were last gen. However, this time it makes no sense. If its just a PC then what will take them so long to tap the power of a PC? lol.
-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts

that ps4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_DqV1xdf-Y

Avatar image for WonderfulTonite
WonderfulTonite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 WonderfulTonite
Member since 2013 • 95 Posts

Doesn't matter if they are using the cell or not.  Did the 360 use a cell processor?  No.  Graphics get better after a consoles launch and we see it time after time.  On PS2 towards the middle of the life cycle we got God of War, Metal Gear Solid 3, etc.  Nothing at PS2 launch could touch those graphically.  With 360 at launch we had Perfect Dark Zero a year later came Gears of War.  PS3 Resistance Fall of Man at launch later on got Killzone 2, in 2009 Uncharted 2 and now Last of Us best graphics on a console.  So yes graphics will get better over time.

Bikouchu35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bikouchu35
Member since 2009 • 8344 Posts

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

Trinitarian

well that goes without saying, all consoles look better towards the end of their life. However, sony is making the same garbage they were last gen. However, this time it makes no sense. If its just a PC then what will take them so long to tap the power of a PC? lol.

Xbox had some sort of x86 pentium 3 too. Keep in mind games on full pc isn't exactly all that optimized especially when you compare to consoles where they had years to work on. If its too much for your hardware than is time to upgrade, and thats what dev expect too from the pc gamers.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
so just like the ps3 with killzone 2 and uncharted 2. Lems fail yet again.
NFJSupreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 NFJSupreme
Member since 2005 • 6605 Posts
it's like that for every console. including the xbone.
Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
As far as melodramatic overreactions go, this is way up there..
aroxx_ab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 aroxx_ab
Member since 2005 • 13236 Posts

Just wait, Ps4 will get better over time. Consoles is like wine, getting better with age :)

superclocked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 superclocked
Member since 2009 • 5864 Posts
He's likely referring to the upgrades that aid with asynchronous gpu compute. This is mainly going to be used for things like physics, though it can be used to add effects to aid graphics, too...
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Trinitarian
Sony is trying to sell us the idea again that some hidden untapped power will be with in the PS4 which is leading us to believe that there is some ultra rare piece of hardware in the PS4 like they did with the PS3. I wish i got 1 penny every time i heard from cows how the PS3 is ultra powerful blah blah blah and cause by now we should be having games on the PS3 that look better than any current high end PC game. This is what cows believed and preached and would live and die by. And there is a difference between the better looking games due to optimization and "this untapped" power we can expect from PS4 according to sony. However, this is just Sony trying to sell their system with the same old line of bullsh1t.
cfisher2833

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cfisher2833
Member since 2011 • 2150 Posts

Personally, I don't expect this generation to have such a significant difference between early games and later games. Why? Because they're already familiar with the architecture in the first place. Sure, they'll develop better rendering techniques and such, but I don't expect Oblivion to Skyrim differences. A lot of it will also vary depending upon the dev., with some going to Crysis 3 level attention to detail, while most simply aren't able to due to the size of their games. 

Alpha_S_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Alpha_S_
Member since 2007 • 395 Posts

Compare some early 360/PS3 games to recent ones and you'll see a big difference.  In fact you can do that with pretty much any console generation.  So yes, PS4 games 3-4 years from now will look signficantly better.

Of course 3-4 years from now PC gaming will be well ahead for those who care about "true power" so yeah... 

blamix99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17 blamix99
Member since 2011 • 2685 Posts
Sony is trying to sell us the idea again that some hidden untapped power will be with in the PS4 which is leading us to believe that there is some ultra rare piece of hardware in the PS4 like they did with the PS3. I wish i got 1 penny every time i heard from cows how the PS3 is ultra powerful blah blah blah and cause by now we should be having games on the PS3 that look better than any current high end PC game. This is what cows believed and preached and would live and die by. And there is a difference between the better looking games due to optimization and "this untapped" power we can expect from PS4 according to sony. However, this is just Sony trying to sell their system with the same old line of bullsh1t. Trinitarian
your a ms fanboy.. why should u care?
nolson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nolson
Member since 2003 • 1141 Posts
Sony is trying to sell us the idea again that some hidden untapped power will be with in the PS4 which is leading us to believe that there is some ultra rare piece of hardware in the PS4 like they did with the PS3. I wish i got 1 penny every time i heard from cows how the PS3 is ultra powerful blah blah blah and cause by now we should be having games on the PS3 that look better than any current high end PC game. This is what cows believed and preached and would live and die by. And there is a difference between the better looking games due to optimization and "this untapped" power we can expect from PS4 according to sony. However, this is just Sony trying to sell their system with the same old line of bullsh1t. Trinitarian
You are blowing this way out of proportion. They are obviously referring to how it takes time for developers to optimize games on the system. Look at resistance fall of man and look at games that come out now. It is night and day difference. that is all they are referring to and you are getting all upset about nothing.
Krelian-co

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Krelian-co
Member since 2006 • 13274 Posts

a. no one is saying its a supercharged pc, all consoles are vastly inferior to pcs

b. xbox will suffer the same, it will be a few years before they can get everything out of it

c. ps4 is a lot more powerful than xbone, but neither can draw their full potential the first years.

zeeshanhaider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zeeshanhaider
Member since 2004 • 5524 Posts

Yeah, may be after 3-4 years they can get the PS4 to perform on par with 570 from 2010.

Ribnarak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ribnarak
Member since 2008 • 2299 Posts
na lol id say its pretty weird they would say this statement. I wont back that up (and other sony fans shouldnt either). but its reasonable since generally better optimzation, better techniques are used as someones mentioned above already.
Trinitarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Trinitarian

a. no one is saying its a supercharged pc, all consoles are vastly inferior to pcs

b. xbox will suffer the same, it will be a few years before they can get everything out of it

c. ps4 is a lot more powerful than xbone, but neither can draw their full potential the first years.

Krelian-co
your c. point is debatable its just propaganda to make you butt hurt cows feel better. Also, having more power does not equal better games, nuff said. I own both a ps3 and x360, And the PS3 is inferior in every way from the controller, community, games, etc. I'll own both systems again this gen but this big line of bull shit that Sony propagates makes me sick. However, to be fair, i'm equally distressed that X1 is forcing me into buying kinect which is something i despise and hate. Thus, i hate both systems for bullsh1t they pull. However, i'm not very well set to buy a PC and keep upgrading every year. Nor do i have the patience to trouble shoot every little problem i have with a PC or i'd be a PC gamer. Thus i'm stuck with PS4 and X1. the only thing i can't decided is what to buy first, cause i'll have to wait 2 months after the first console to buy the second one. I'm leaning toward X1 first just cause i want to be play BF4 with the X1 controller and dedicated servers.
Kingpin0114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Kingpin0114
Member since 2008 • 2607 Posts

But everything console gets better utilized as time goes by. :|

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

xhawk27

In a way they do, just that "CELL 2" is the GPU now... (helping the weaker CPU whereas on the PS3 the CPU was helping the GPU)

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ronvalencia
Member since 2008 • 29612 Posts

Bikouchu35
PS3 didn't beat a PC with 8800 GTS/GTX.
ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="xhawk27"]

nameless12345

In a way they do, just that "CELL 2" is the GPU now... (helping the weaker CPU whereas on the PS3 the CPU was helping the GPU)

SPE is not quite a CPU i.e. "DSP like" - IBM
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

Oblivion vs Skyrim is proof that games get better with further development cycles, as devs become more familiar with the hardware.

This gen it took 6-7 years, all Cerny is saying is that it wont take that long with next gen, just 3-4 years.

Avatar image for megaspiderweb09
megaspiderweb09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 megaspiderweb09
Member since 2009 • 3686 Posts

TC has hearing or reading difficulties

kipsta77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 kipsta77
Member since 2012 • 1119 Posts

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

Trinitarian

This is what I've been trying to say all along.

What scares me is that they are struggling (DICE) to produce 1080p and the consoles arn't even released yet. And this is supposed to be a 10-year cycle. My 8800GT could do it back in 2008. If they're already maxing them out, what is going to happen 2-3 years down the track?

Tap into more power? This hardware is straight forward (devs have even stated this), just like programming/coding for PC, the x86 is very familiar. Years and years ago when they made consoles it was dedicated hardware that the devs had to tweak and learn over years to really get the performance out of it (CELL in PS3) The nextgen consoles are pretty much dedicated PC's, so what magical tricks are they going to pull out of their ass 4 years from now that they can't do now?

They might make better engines to work with the limitations of the hardware, but it's not going to be like in the past.

Don't think I'm sh*tting on the consoles, I'm just being real, I do plan on getting a PS4 probably some time down the track.

killzowned24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 killzowned24
Member since 2007 • 7345 Posts

Wow, its like sony uses  the same old propaganda every new console generation when they launch a new PS. Anyhow, since the alleged PS4 is some "super charged" version of a PC I don't see how this makes any sense. If the core compenatens of the PS4 is like a PC, then why will it take 3-4 years to see the true power of the PS4? I mean, current PCs are going to be more powerful then any next gen console AND in 3-4 years the power of any next gen console will be utterly dwarfed by the PC. I'm sorry, but i'm not going to buy into the propaganda of Sony this generation. Its just a rinse and repeat of last gen. However, it was easy to feed the cows with this garbage because of the "mysteries cell." Any the console before that it was "don't let the PS2 get into the hands of terrorist because it can be used as a powerful weapon" LMAO. 

Is there no end to the amount of lies Sony will dish out? And is this just another indication that the PS4 won't be superior to the 3 X1 in terms of power in any significant way? I think so...

What we have is is a rinse and repeat propagnada tatics that preys on the stupidly of people and feeding those with lies cause its what people want to hear lmao. 

Trinitarian
only a complete idiot would think games won't look significantly better years later.
ManatuBeard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ManatuBeard
Member since 2012 • 1121 Posts

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"][QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

kipsta77

This is what I've been trying to say all along.

What scares me is that they are struggling (DICE) to produce 1080p and the consoles arn't even released yet. And this is supposed to be a 10-year cycle. My 8800GT could do it back in 2008. If they're already maxing them out, what is going to happen 2-3 years down the track?

Tap into more power? This hardware is straight forward (devs have even stated this), just like programming/coding for PC, the x86 is very familiar. Years and years ago when they made consoles it was dedicated hardware that the devs had to tweak and learn over years to really get the performance out of it (CELL in PS3) The nextgen consoles are pretty much dedicated PC's, so what magical tricks are they going to pull out of their ass 4 years from now that they can't do now?

They might make better engines to work with the limitations of the hardware, but it's not going to be like in the past.

Don't think I'm sh*tting on the consoles, I'm just being real, I do plan on getting a PS4 probably some time down the track.

Most part of development for nextgen launch games is made in always changing devkits with always changing SDKs. Launch games in general always suck because of this.

Developers only get a few months with the final devkit to optimize the game for launch, and by then, they might not even have a final SDK, and be working with a beta.

As SDK and OS improve with time, it will be easier for devs to get more from the hardware.

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

oh look we all suddenly know more then Mark Cerny, the lead system achtitech for the Playstation 4.

ronvalencia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ronvalencia

[QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

Trinitarian

your c. point is debatable its just propaganda to make you butt hurt cows feel better. Also, having more power does not equal better games, nuff said. I own both a ps3 and x360, And the PS3 is inferior in every way from the controller, community, games, etc. I'll own both systems again this gen but this big line of bull shit that Sony propagates makes me sick. However, to be fair, i'm equally distressed that X1 is forcing me into buying kinect which is something i despise and hate. Thus, i hate both systems for bullsh1t they pull. However, i'm not very well set to buy a PC and keep upgrading every year. Nor do i have the patience to trouble shoot every little problem i have with a PC or i'd be a PC gamer. Thus i'm stuck with PS4 and X1. the only thing i can't decided is what to buy first, cause i'll have to wait 2 months after the first console to buy the second one. I'm leaning toward X1 first just cause i want to be play BF4 with the X1 controller and dedicated servers.

Upgrading very year for the PC is also BS

AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
TC sure seems desperate for attention. He wasted his time writing all that with no links. I didn't even bother reading his worthless desperate for attention post.
FoxbatAlpha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 FoxbatAlpha
Member since 2009 • 10669 Posts
Sony is already prepping their damage control. Preorders gonna be canceled in record numbers in the next few months. Sony being Sony, you will see.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

[QUOTE="Trinitarian"][QUOTE="Krelian-co"]

ronvalencia

Upgrading very year for the PC is also BS

Only hardcore fps (frames per second) junkies upgrade yearly. My pc is mostly 4 years old, upgraded mobo and CPU 2 years ago (didn't really have to just wanted to) and I can run everything just fine still.
HaRmLeSS_RaGe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HaRmLeSS_RaGe
Member since 2012 • 1330 Posts

I wonder if they are planning to unlock the true power via a future firmware update just like the much touted "power of teh cell" :?

moistsandwich

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 moistsandwich
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="Bikouchu35"]

Trinitarian

People who don't know about hardware and/or game design probably shouldn't make threads about it.

The systems are closed, therefore more work can go into manipulating and getting more out of said hardware. This takes time. There will also be new tools the come out between now and then, which will allow for greater results and a lower workload.

It makes perfect sense, when you know what you're talking about.

Darth_Kane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39 Darth_Kane
Member since 2006 • 2966 Posts

But it's true. Just compare Oblivion and Skyrim

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#40 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts
dude, why is this surprising? You won't see the same either from X1 or Wii U for a few years aswell...Fanboys like you are bad for gamers overall. How does this not make sense? Be on your way... I will enjoy my PS4
ShadowriverUB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ShadowriverUB
Member since 2009 • 5515 Posts
This is normal for all consoles :> each game relesed developers squishes more power out of the box, you don't see that on PC as it doesn't have static specs and thye don't care that you speand money on beastly CPU/GPU or 16GB RAM
SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 SecretPolice
Member since 2007 • 44277 Posts

And the pre launch DC begins.... seems like da ja vue but likely it's Neo, The One, causing a glitch in the Sony matrix. :o :P

ImBatman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 ImBatman-
Member since 2013 • 1279 Posts

Sony isn't lying. The same applies to every console. Compare launch titles like Resistance: FoM to games like GoW3, Uncharted 2, Killzone 2, TLoU.

SOLDIER-No2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 SOLDIER-No2
Member since 2006 • 29 Posts
Only Mark Cerny and his team know the full potential of the PS4, and it could be beyond what we know right now. The launch lineup just doesn't show what he knows the PS4 is capable of. That's all he's saying.
zohaibyawer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 zohaibyawer
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Only Mark Cerny and his team know the full potential of the PS4, and it could be beyond what we know right now. The launch lineup just doesn't show what he knows the PS4 is capable of. That's all he's saying.SOLDIER-No2
Ok according to you no one besides Cerny and his team knows what the PS4 is capable of...... so whats the excuse for Knack because it looks like shit
shellcase86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shellcase86
Member since 2012 • 6857 Posts

That's how it has been the last few generations. Not sure why that's so confusing.

bezza2011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 bezza2011
Member since 2006 • 2729 Posts

Better than having an under powered console to begin with and hoping you all fall for the cloud, because thats what there hoping on. yet again nothing worthy again. seriously the ps3 got better by year 3 so ps4 is going to better in year 3 also. 

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

God I hope this means that this next gen console cycle only lasts 4 years or so. After a console is tapped out, it's time to move on to bigger and better hardware.

Guy_Brohski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Guy_Brohski
Member since 2013 • 2221 Posts

[QUOTE="SOLDIER-No2"]Only Mark Cerny and his team know the full potential of the PS4, and it could be beyond what we know right now. The launch lineup just doesn't show what he knows the PS4 is capable of. That's all he's saying.zohaibyawer
Ok according to you no one besides Cerny and his team knows what the PS4 is capable of...... so whats the excuse for Knack because it looks like shit

Knack kind of reminds me of Kameo, in a bad way.