The PS3 saved the Xbox One from total annihilation

This topic is locked from further discussion.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By 2mrw
Member since 2008 • 6205 Posts

The PS4/Xbone are launching this year, yet the decision has already been made, the PS3 takes this year, hand down, in a way I think Sony "over supported" the PS3 this year, it was an overkill for the X360

• The last of us (Naughty Dog))
  • Beyond: two souls (Quantic dreams )
  • Gran Torismo 6 (polyphony digital)
  • puppeteer/Rain (Sony japan)
  • God of War : Ascension (Santa Monica)
  • Ratchet & Clank Into The Nexus (Insomniac)

As you can see, most of Sony's 1st party were working on major PS3 projects, imagine if these sources were directed at making PS4 launch games. Don't get me wrong, KZ:SF single handedly is overshadowing all X1 exclusive launch titles so far, but still, a ND game would have secured the deal even for the most hardcore lemming. So we can agree that the PS3 had saved the Xbone from total annihilation at launch, but Infamous is just around the corner and Knack looks like the next crash so get ready.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 FlamesOfGrey
Member since 2009 • 7511 Posts

I laugh when people cry about the lack of PS4 exclusives announced so far. It is obvious to anyone with a brain that Sonys developers have already released or are releasing PS3 / PS Vita games this year and will have their PS4 projects announced soon. Sony actually supports their consoles with games even when launching a new one. PS3 from 1st party has had 6 exclusives and 2 multiplatform games with the PS Vita. Xbox 360 has only had GEOW Judgement.

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

You can get Total Annihilation on GOG really cheap, and it will run on any remotely modern PC very easily.

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@2mrw said:

The PS4/Xbone are launching this year, yet the decision has already been made, the PS3 takes this year, hand down, in a way I think Sony "over supported" the PS3 this year, it was an overkill for the X360

As you can see, most of Sony's 1st party were working on major PS3 projects, imagine if these sources were directed at making PS4 launch games. Don't get me wrong, KZ:SF single handedly is overshadowing all X1 exclusive launch titles so far, but still, a ND game would have secured the deal even for the most hardcore lemming. So we can agree that the PS3 had saved the Xbone from total annihilation at launch, but Infamous is just around the corner and Knack looks like the next crash so get ready.

You Forgot NinoKuni.

Greatness05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By Greatness05
Member since 2005 • 1272 Posts

@psymon100 said:

You can get Total Annihilation on GOG really cheap, and it will run on any remotely modern PC very easily.

that seems like the only real news here along with a couple of cry babies opinions. thank u. i think I'll download it later.

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 FlamesOfGrey

@tormentos said:

@2mrw said:

You Forgot NinoKuni.

Not 1st Party. He forgot Ratchet & Clank Into The Nexus coming up.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 RR360DD
Member since 2011 • 14099 Posts

LOL Acension, Rain and Puppeteer is nothing to brag about.

Prime example of money down the drain, and yes you're right, Sony would've been wiser to invest that money into PS4 content.

You'll see some kind of ridiculous Super-HD version of GT6 on PS4 next year anyway, to tide you over until GT7 in the year 2022.

Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3594 Posts

Sony supports their systems which is why i continue to support them.

24 PS4 exclusives announced (Only 10 will probably be amazing) but the fact that they are dedicating time to make them is great.

I agree with the TC. PS3 destroyed everything this year

sweeten16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 sweeten16
Member since 2005 • 2872 Posts

I'm sorry killzone does not overshadow Xbox ones line up. In a year with battlefield and cod, killzone just isn't as important a game as it could be. I would rather play forza, dead rising and ryse over killzone when I'll have battlefield and cod to satisfy my fps needs. I have the killzone bundle preordered aswell lol

psymon100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By psymon100
Member since 2012 • 6835 Posts

@Greatness05 said:

@psymon100 said:

that seems like the only real news here along with a couple of cry babies opinions. thank u. i think I'll download it later.

You're welcome. Great game. I think I got it ... Christmas of '97. #NoGreyHairsYet

X_CAPCOM_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 X_CAPCOM_X
Member since 2004 • 9552 Posts

@RR360DD said:

LOL Acension, Rain and Puppeteer is nothing to brag about.

Prime example of money down the drain, and yes you're right, Sony would've been wiser to invest that money into PS4 content.

You'll see some kind of ridiculous Super-HD version of GT6 on PS4 next year anyway, to tide you over until GT7 in the year 2022.

Uhhhh yes it is.

Go play it again/for your first time.

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

Always with the excuses

Jakandsigz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Jakandsigz
Member since 2013 • 6341 Posts

@FlamesOfGrey said:

I laugh when people cry about the lack of PS4 exclusives announced so far. It is obvious to anyone with a brain that Sonys developers have already released or are releasing PS3 / PS Vita games this year and will have their PS4 projects announced soon. Sony actually supports their consoles with games even when launching a new one. PS3 from 1st party has had 6 exclusives and 2 multiplatform games with the PS Vita. Xbox 360 has only had GEOW Judgement.

Yeah I remember that on the PS2, oh wait.. no that DID NOT happen whatsoever. The closest was PSP to PS2 ports which was just lazy.

Mystery_Writer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Mystery_Writer
Member since 2004 • 8351 Posts

This PS4 lack of launch title DC is getting sad

thegamer00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#15 thegamer00
Member since 2013 • 153 Posts

Please stop with the PS4 launch game damage control.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 2mrw

@Mystery_Writer said:

lol, it's far from DC, the hype train is going with the PS4 and Sony full force, I dun even need to DC.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@2mrw said:

@Mystery_Writer said:

lol, it's far from DC, the hype train is going with the PS4 and Sony full force, I dun even need to DC.

and yet you are

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By 2mrw

@sweeten16 said:

I'm sorry killzone does not overshadow Xbox ones line up. In a year with battlefield and cod, killzone just isn't as important a game as it could be. I would rather play forza, dead rising and ryse over killzone when I'll have battlefield and cod to satisfy my fps needs. I have the killzone bundle preordered aswell lol

As long as u preordered it, there is no need to argue .. happy time with it :D .

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 2mrw

@lostrib said:

@2mrw said:

@Mystery_Writer said:

and yet you are

That would be right if the PS4 is in a tight position ... clearly it isn't, unless you see something the whole world doesn't see :)

YD_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 YD_11
Member since 2006 • 1867 Posts

So apparently Sony should have waited to launch the ps4 then? This argument fails imo. Why couldn't they have had these games made to be playable on the ps4 as well?

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@2mrw said:

@lostrib said:

@2mrw said:

@Mystery_Writer said:

and yet you are

That would be right if the PS4 is in a tight position ... clearly it isn't, unless you see something the whole world doesn't see :)

well I see that there isn't a compelling reason to get a PS4 at launch

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts

People need to stop the hardons for Sony.

XanderZane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 XanderZane
Member since 2006 • 5174 Posts

LOL @ Damage Controlling cows. PS3 didn't save anything, but itself. It crawled out of the debts of hell in time to see the next-gen starting.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By 2mrw

@lostrib said:

@2mrw said:

@lostrib said:

@2mrw said:

@Mystery_Writer said:

and yet you are

well I see that there isn't a compelling reason to get a PS4 at launch

Of you course you have the right, but there are many many others who find the console compelling enough and they will get it ..... that's why I don't need to defend it.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 2mrw

@YD_11 said:

So apparently Sony should have waited to launch the ps4 then? This argument fails imo. Why couldn't they have had these games made to be playable on the ps4 as well?

Delaying the console would give MS a major advantage. Apparantly they wanted to focus and optimize the games for the PS3, that's why they delivered with the games.

Audacitron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Audacitron
Member since 2012 • 991 Posts

@2mrw said:

That won't hurt PS4 in the slightest. By supporting the PS3 to the bitter end Sony have demonstrated their continuing commitment to supporting their console, and their commitment to quality. They have also shown who has the best developers.

This is why there's so much buzz for PS4.

People think MS has an interesting lineup at the moment, but in a few months when those titles are out, reality will set in.. It's almost guaranteed there'll be a few duds.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 RR360DD

@Audacitron said:

@2mrw said:

That won't hurt PS4 in the slightest. By supporting the PS3 to the bitter end Sony have demonstrated their continuing commitment to supporting their console, and their commitment to quality. They have also shown who has the best developers.

People think MS has an interesting lineup at the moment, but in a few months when those titles are out, reality will set in.. It's almost guaranteed there'll be a few duds.

So you're quick to point out the potential of MS releasing some duds, yet you ignore the prospect of Sony doing the same.

Heck we've had three duds already from Sony this year - Ascension, Beyond and Rain. Knack looks average. DelayClub looks average.

People are deluded when they think Sony is untouchable, but they release trash like everyone else.

Best thing about Sony is naughty dog, and who knows when we'll get a game from them.

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 2mrw

@RR360DD said:

@Audacitron said:

@2mrw said:

So you're quick to point out the potential of MS releasing some duds, yet you ignore the prospect of Sony doing the same.

Heck we've had three duds already from Sony this year - Ascension, Beyond and Rain. Knack looks average. DelayClub looks average.

People are deluded when they think Sony is untouchable, but they release trash like everyone else.

Best thing about Sony is naughty dog, and who knows when we'll get a game from them.

Only idiots underrate Sony's games which already scored AAA and AA, you should stop being one.

voljin1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#29 voljin1987
Member since 2012 • 1135 Posts

Yep.. I like that about Sony.. Even when the PS3 was already launched, Sony released God of War 2 for the PS2.. I was so happy then as I did not get a PS3 at launch.. ofc loving all the love Sony is giving to the PS3 now too..

treedoor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 treedoor
Member since 2004 • 7648 Posts

@voljin1987 said:

Yep.. I like that about Sony.. Even when the PS3 was already launched, Sony released God of War 2 for the PS2.. I was so happy then as I did not get a PS3 at launch.. ofc loving all the love Sony is giving to the PS3 now too..

Sadly no BC this time, so it's kinda poopy.

Karnage108

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Karnage108
Member since 2010 • 2595 Posts

@FlamesOfGrey: At this point I'd prefer next-gen exclusives, keep sticking with your last-gen exclusives if it makes you feel better though.

timbers_WSU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#32 timbers_WSU
Member since 2012 • 6076 Posts

Killzone overshadowed the XB1 line-up?.....LOL, That is hilarious.

Killzone is gonna get completely rolled by Call of Duty and Battlefield. It could end up being the most pointless launch title this year. I guarantee you as soon as reviews start pouring in, A lot of those Killzone pre-orders are gonna end up COD or Battlefield purchases instead.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#33 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I think Killzone could do quite well commercially given that it's probably the one exclusive people will pick up until Sony has something else that's substantive, on the other hand I don't really have an interest for it. If I do get a PS4 it might be a default pick if the multiplats don't catch my attention.

Xbox One does actually have an impressive launch line-up, won't really do much good for them though if people would rather pick up a PS4 though. The cheaper price point I think is definitely going to attract more of the market. MS really should consider dropping the price to $400 if they plan on capturing more of the market.

Mickeyminime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#34 Mickeyminime
Member since 2008 • 1581 Posts

I thought PS4 saved the X1, specially after PS4 owned the next gen console war and made MS rethink about it's god awful mistakes it made. X1 made the right call to follow Sony with it's DRM and what not, people where so outraged with MS's policies with the X1 so for me, Sony and the PS4 saved MS

FlamesOfGrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FlamesOfGrey

@Karnage108 said:

@FlamesOfGrey: At this point I'd prefer next-gen exclusives, keep sticking with your last-gen exclusives if it makes you feel better though.

I'd prefer to play games on the consoles I already have and not play the waiting game so, it definitely does feel good to play new exclusives. Most of those exclusive are already out or will be by the time the PS4 even launches so it doesn't matter anyway. It's not like you'd be seeing most exclusives for launch anyway.

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@Mystery_Writer said:

Last time I checked PS4 is BY FAR in the best spot at the moment. Xbone on the other hand...

Suppaman100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Suppaman100
Member since 2013 • 5250 Posts

@RR360DD said:

@Audacitron said:

@2mrw said:

LOL u wot m8?

Calling Ascension and Beyond garbage is just pure Damage control they are good games. The facts are that PS3 is BY far the best console this year and gen.

360 is dead and had almost no support the last years. So what do you say about the bad support for 360?

2mrw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 2mrw

@timbers_WSU said:

Killzone overshadowed the XB1 line-up?.....LOL, That is hilarious.

Killzone is gonna get completely rolled by Call of Duty and Battlefield. It could end up being the most pointless launch title this year. I guarantee you as soon as reviews start pouring in, A lot of those Killzone pre-orders are gonna end up COD or Battlefield purchases instead.

Still much more interesting than any other X1 exclusive ... just look at the competition ... Dead rising 3, Forza 5, Ryse .... pathetic

@Mickeyminime said:

I thought PS4 saved the X1, specially after PS4 owned the next gen console war and made MS rethink about it's god awful mistakes it made. X1 made the right call to follow Sony with it's DRM and what not, people where so outraged with MS's policies with the X1 so for me, Sony and the PS4 saved MS

Can't agree more, Sony saved MS twice ... wow, MS will be dead last if it continued their stupid strategy.

RR360DD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 RR360DD

@2mrw said:

@RR360DD said:

@Audacitron said:

@2mrw said:

Only idiots underrate Sony's games which already scored AAA and AA, you should stop being one.

Uh yeah, Im not calling Beyond a flop. I'm not talking about the system wars metagame. I'm talking about the overall reception.

Beyond is in the low 70s on meta. Thats just embarrassing. I thought Ascension was in the 70s, but looks like it just scraped by with an 80. Still, a huge disappointment and downgrade from number 3.

So yeah, Im not underrating shit when I know the second a game like Dead Rising 3 only gets a 7 or 8, cows will be calling it garbage left, right and centre.

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

@Mickeyminime said:

In truth, I think Sony originally had plans for the PS4 to have DRM until Microsoft got so much negative publicity towards it. They just did the clever thing in letting Microsoft go first and learning from their mistakes.