The powerful dazzling facade of PC gaming

• 77 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

You wrote a huge piece of nothing. It's just hyperbole and fancy words to get across a stupid point. You tried to make your argument stand out by having big words in it but when people actually understand it, they realise you're just talking trash.

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52 TheOldOlder
Member since 2009 • 1212 Posts

tl;dr version:

'Xbox and PS3 have exclusive games'

Hate to break it to you TC, but the PC has more exclusive games.

kraken2109

Of course the PC has more exclusive, point and click games, rts, shooters and indie games, there's of course a humongous backlogs of PC games from previous generations, but in its core it does not substitute the charm of Xbox, PS or Nintendo systems which offer unique experiences not to be found on the PC.

rilpas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53 rilpas
Member since 2012 • 8161 Posts

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

tl;dr version:

TheOldOlder

Of course the PC has more exclusive, point and click games, rts, shooters and indie games, there's of course a humongous backlogs of PC games from previous generations, but in its core it does not substitute the charm of Xbox, PS or Nintendo systems which offer unique experiences not to be found on the PC.

what unique experiences do the PS3 and 360 offer?

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 TheOldOlder

[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"]

[QUOTE="kraken2109"]

tl;dr version:

rilpas

what unique experiences do the PS3 and 360 offer?

There is nothing akin to Little Big Planet , Zelda or Kameo Elements of Power on PC.
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"]

if his predominant game interest is the Zelda series, or God of War, or Halo or even the racing simulation games such as Forza and Gran TurismoTheOldOlder

Wait, so PC doesn't have games like Zelda(NES topdown to another hack and slash adventure), hack and slash x2, FPS titles..., real simulators and even arcade racers like Forza and GT????

Of course it does but the matter at hand is preference, there is no such thing as PC being the ultimate, superior gaming platform, unless we're talking about Real Time Strategy games.

So your argument consists of pitting 3 consoles against the PC to make it even or people that only play games from a single specific franchise and nothing else?

It would be easy for me to go on and list off the different game genres found on PC but how about you make a worth while argument and tell me a genre found on consoles but not on PC.

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 TheOldOlder

[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"][QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

Wait, so PC doesn't have games like Zelda(NES topdown to another hack and slash adventure), hack and slash x2, FPS titles..., real simulators and even arcade racers like Forza and GT????

slimjimbadboy

Of course it does but the matter at hand is preference, there is no such thing as PC being the ultimate, superior gaming platform, unless we're talking about Real Time Strategy games.

So your argument consists of pitting 3 consoles against the PC to make it even or people that only play games from a single specific franchise and nothing else?

It would be easy for me to go on and list off the different game genres found on PC but how about you make a worth while argument and tell me a genre found on consoles but not on PC.

Its hard to think of one entire genre absent on PC or one particular console altogether, unless its one of those failed consoles from the 90s. I dont have to pit the three consoles against the PC to get my point across, mario, link and smash brothers to render useless the entire library of PC games if Nintendo is our only mental image of gaming and their hardware whilst weakest of them all, proven sufficient. Nobody needs a $300 video card and an I7 overclocked processor to have fun playing mario but its not like you can do so legally, the most ridiculous overhyped failed games i can think of are PC titles, Daikatana 12 years ago and more recently, Duke Nukem Forever. How horridly sickening is that, considering PC is not only the most inconvenient but at the same time most expensive platform to game on.

tenaka2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 tenaka2
Member since 2004 • 17958 Posts

I have come across so many witty remarks about PC gaming being, the greatest and final stronghold of for the core gamers and there is such a tremendous flaw underlying the seemingly incontrovertible axiom, the customization possibilities, superior performance and the exquisite , enormous offering of games, is nothing else but another choice, option, amidst the existing console alternatives.

There is a universe of games available under the Xbox brand, within the Sony Playstation brand and last but no least, with Nintendo and their everlasting classics.

Lets think for a moment, based on the aforementioned premise, Why would the average video game player necessarily choose to side with the PC as his or her main platform for games, create a steam account, origin, gamefly account and purchase a plentiful of exclusive PC games both retail and digitally, many of them being real time strategy titles, shooters and a plethora of multiplats also available on consoles, if his predominant game interest is the Zelda series, or God of War, or Halo or even the racing simulation games such as Forza and Gran Turismo, my point is both collectively and individually the gaming universe found inside each available console is a fitting substitute for PC gaming as whole.

Especially considering the empty, baseless fallacy that is the whole concept of core gaming, which I find ludicrous, a lousy manifestation of teenage elitism sometimes found also in young adults.

TheOldOlder

Back to the fields with you, peasant.

TheOldOlder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 TheOldOlder

197031_41958_thumb.jpg

My god, do i have anything but awful memories of John Romero's indisputable debacle. This was an abhorrent offense to the games that preceded it.

Avatar image for Obviously_Right
Obviously_Right

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Obviously_Right
Member since 2011 • 5331 Posts

[QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"] Of course it does but the matter at hand is preference, there is no such thing as PC being the ultimate, superior gaming platform, unless we're talking about Real Time Strategy games.TheOldOlder

Its hard to think of one entire genre absent on PC or one particular console altogether, unless its one of those failed consoles from the 90s. I dont have to pit the three consoles against the PC to get my point across, mario, link and smash brothers to render useless the entire library of PC games if Nintendo is our only mental image of gaming and their hardware whilst weakest of them all, proven sufficient. Nobody needs a $300 video card and an I7 overclocked processor to have fun playing mario but its not like you can do so legally, the most ridiculous overhyped failed games i can think of are PC titles, Daikatana 12 years ago and more recently, Duke Nukem Forever. How horridly sickening is that, considering PC is not only the most inconvenient but at the same time most expensive platform to game on.

obama_applause_2.gif

Agreed.

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"] Of course it does but the matter at hand is preference, there is no such thing as PC being the ultimate, superior gaming platform, unless we're talking about Real Time Strategy games.TheOldOlder

Nobody needs an overclocked i7 and a $300 video card...
clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts
[QUOTE="TheOldOlder"]

[QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

kraken2109

Nobody needs an overclocked i7 and a $300 video card...

I guess I wasted my money then....
slimjimbadboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 slimjimbadboy
Member since 2006 • 1731 Posts

[QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

It's quite easy to list off genres that are not available on consoles but I'm sure you'll just dismiss those games because they arn't made by nintendo. If you're looking for platformers, adventure and fighting games those can easily be found on PC. But, you won't find BF3, X series, Dishonored, The Witcher, ect. on the Wii.

So if you limit yourself to only playing games from specific franchises and only those games, you're right, the Wii would be a better choice for a system. However, if you play a wide variety of games and don't want to limit your gaming experiences, the PC is definitely a superior system.

As was said prior to this edit - Noone needs an i7 $300 GPU for games like mario, zelda, ect. But you sure as hell don't need a Wii for games like Planetside2 or Total War.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29822 Posts
Meh. There are great games on consoles and pc. World keeps spinning.
menes777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 menes777
Member since 2003 • 2643 Posts

[QUOTE="slimjimbadboy"]

In other words according to your logic, I can render any advances past Atari 2600 simply because the Atari 2600 level is my image of gaming??? Give me a break. That's a very weak argument at best. You do realize that even if you only prefer Mario games that no way invalidates the entire PC library right? It just invalidates the platform for YOU. And despite what you might believe, you are not the only one that matters. There are millions of PC players who will disagree with you.

PC is better than all 3 consoles combined in every area. If you prefer just Xbox 360 that's great, more power to ya. Yet you haven't given a shred of proof how PC doesn't have more genres or better graphics (technically speaking, not artistically) than the 360.

BTW I also own a Wii and have supported Ninty since the NES.

Rocker6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 Rocker6
Member since 2009 • 13358 Posts

So, TC, why are you so obsessed with the PC?

I mean, every one of your threads I ever saw was about bashing the PC with vague and weak arguments masked behind "big words"....

clyde46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 clyde46
Member since 2005 • 49061 Posts

So, TC, why are you so obsessed with the PC?

I mean, every one of your threads I ever saw was about bashing the PC with vague and weak arguments masked behind "big words"....

Rocker6
Because he think he's edgy.
Frostbite24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 Frostbite24
Member since 2003 • 4536 Posts

I own all the consoles and a gaming pc and can objectively say the PC offers the best experience by itself. I own them however because I love Halo, LBP, and Mario. The argument is, if you could only choose one, gun to the head scenario, you'd be stupid not to choose pc if you're truly coming from a gamer's point of view.

Farsendor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 Farsendor1
Member since 2012 • 462 Posts

burned a ps3 and xbox 360 on youtube both videos got deleted but i only care for pc gaming i like having 1 plaftorm to focus on. games,upgrade,friends and family all play on the pc i don't really need a console for anything.

some of my friends have multi systems so thats where i can play uncharted,halo,metroid at but other then those console games i would rather much play on a pc.

wis3boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#69 wis3boi
Member since 2005 • 32507 Posts

TC is a politician. Can speak for hours and not say anything worth a damn

Salt_The_Fries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 Salt_The_Fries
Member since 2008 • 12480 Posts

I have come across so many witty remarks about PC gaming being, the greatest and final stronghold of for the core gamers and there is such a tremendous flaw underlying the seemingly incontrovertible axiom, the customization possibilities, superior performance and the exquisite , enormous offering of games, is nothing else but another choice, option, amidst the existing console alternatives.

There is a universe of games available under the Xbox brand, within the Sony Playstation brand and last but no least, with Nintendo and their everlasting classics.

Lets think for a moment, based on the aforementioned premise, Why would the average video game player necessarily choose to side with the PC as his or her main platform for games, create a steam account, origin, gamefly account and purchase a plentiful of exclusive PC games both retail and digitally, many of them being real time strategy titles, shooters and a plethora of multiplats also available on consoles, if his predominant game interest is the Zelda series, or God of War, or Halo or even the racing simulation games such as Forza and Gran Turismo, my point is both collectively and individually the gaming universe found inside each available console is a fitting substitute for PC gaming as whole.

Especially considering the empty, baseless fallacy that is the whole concept of core gaming, which I find ludicrous, a lousy manifestation of teenage elitism sometimes found also in young adults.

TheOldOlder
Very good points you made here. For example I taught my fiancee how to play by letting her play LA Noire on my 360, and then I let her play Alan Wake on my PC. She is a non-gamer and for her it was very difficult to adapt to so many keys and coordinate mouse and keyboard at the same time. So, if anything, console gaming is for her, no reason to shove down the throat to a person like her how PC gaming is superior (unless played with a 360 controller in this case :D). And btw I love Vincent Gallo too!
NoodleFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 NoodleFighter
Member since 2011 • 11780 Posts

Try harder TC

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52420 Posts
Somehow using those fancy words on System Wars makes you look even more stupid. I wonder why...
Brainkiller05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Brainkiller05
Member since 2005 • 28954 Posts
So your argument against PC gaming is that some people like some of the games on consoles. Cool. Well, some people like some of the games on PC.
skrat_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 skrat_01
Member since 2007 • 33767 Posts

if his predominant game interest is the Zelda series, or God of War, or Halo or even the racing simulation games such as Forza and Gran Turismo, my point is both collectively and individually the gaming universe found inside each available console is a fitting substitute for PC gaming as whole.

TheOldOlder
And if you're not interested in those games and interested in PC games? Then consoles are not a substitute, at all, are they. Which is why I'm still PC gaming despite owning a plethora of consoles. Wow that's some bad logic.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
No console will ever be good enough to be a "fitting substitute" for PC gaming. Not unless you are somebody with low standards.
lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61423 Posts

TL: DR Conclusion. OP is an idiot.

clyde46

Who attempts to act smarter than he is :P

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61423 Posts

So your argument against PC gaming is that some people like some of the games on consoles. Cool. Well, some people like some of the games on PC. Brainkiller05

The only rebuttal necessary for this topic.