The perfect sim racer would have: DriveClub's graphics, Forza's content, and GT's gameplay.

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 lifelessablaze
Member since 2017 • 1066 Posts

Really only Turn 10 and maybe Polyphony have the resources to achieve this. Turn 10 can't make it happen because they're forced to pump out a new game every 2 years and Polyphony can't do it because they don't have the staff for it.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 kingtito
Member since 2003 • 11775 Posts

You mean SIMCADE racer? None are true SIMs and while GT might have the better driving mechanics it's still a ways off from being a true SIM.

Wasdie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#3 Wasdie  Moderator
Member since 2003 • 53622 Posts

@kingtito said:

You mean SIMCADE racer? None are true SIMs and while GT might have the better driving mechanics it's still a ways off from being a true SIM.

Most people don't like pure sims.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 77

User Lists: 1

#4 cainetao11
Member since 2006 • 38035 Posts

At this point I demand haptic feedback triggers also. Played Forza 7 with a buddy this weekend and I make no bones about it, I am not a big racing game fan. I own FH2 and FH1 because it was a GWG. But the triggers with feedback showed me a feeling of the road unlike any other racing game I ever tried.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

Forzas content?

I don't want loot boxes.

Avatar image for deactivated-6092a2d005fba
deactivated-6092a2d005fba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-6092a2d005fba
Member since 2015 • 22663 Posts

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cainetao11

@lifelessablaze said:

Really only Turn 10 and maybe Polyphony have the resources to achieve this. Turn 10 can't make it happen because they're forced to pump out a new game every 2 years and Polyphony can't do it because they don't have the staff for it.

Actually according to this dingle berry there now exists a "perfect racing sim".

Phenomenal

Gran Turismo Sport

Review Guidelines

After a long wait, Gran Turismo Sport is here, and it is racing perfection beyond measure. This is the best racing game that I have ever played, overflowing in beauty, grace, playability, and precision. Driving a go-kart, a fusion-engine concept race car, or a standard Ford Focus all provide a wealth of fun and unique challenges. Gran Turismo Sport is a triumph, and will be played voraciously by racing fans for years and years to come.

PROS

• Graphics are amazingly beautiful to the smallest details
  • Races are fun, dynamic, and can be ran countless ways
  • Car livery is fully, in the most literal sense, customizable
  • Online play is reliable, quick paced, and easy to jump into
  • Sounds great, from the ambience and sound effects to the soundtrack

CONS

• None of note

LMAO No negatives whatsoever? I would love to know how many photos of Yoshida this guy has in his room or how much the check was for in order to pretend there is a perfect game.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 cainetao11

@Ant_17 said:

Forzas content?

I don't want loot boxes.

Good because you cant buy them with real world money. The whole micro transaction outcry when it released was a lie. You can only buy lootcrates with in game currency earned by playing the game.

PinkAnimal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PinkAnimal
Member since 2017 • 2380 Posts

No lootboxes please so keep that away from the content but the rest I agree. Although the graphics I would combine DC's weather with GT's realism.

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lifelessablaze

@pinkanimal said:

No lootboxes please so keep that away from the content but the rest I agree. Although the graphics I would combine DC's weather with GT's realism.

DC easily has the most detailed car models exterior/interior

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Ant_17

@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Forzas content?

I don't want loot boxes.

Good because you cant buy them with real world money. The whole micro transaction outcry when it released was a lie. You can only buy lootcrates with in game currency earned by playing the game.

Well, that's even more dumb.

Why not just have a store to buy all the stuff, instead of a fake loot box system? Is it because they were going to to use real money on those boxes? Another 180 for MS!

Glad you got your VIP bonus back.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cainetao11

@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Forzas content?

I don't want loot boxes.

Why not just have a store to buy all the stuff, instead of a fake loot box system? Is it because they were going to to use real money on those boxes? Another 180 for MS!

WTF? How is it a 180 if consumers NEVER could buy them with real money since launch? I'd love to hear the explanation on this.

So if it is even more dumb, you are admitting you would prefer a micro transaction lootcrate system. To each their own

I didn't buy the game so I never had or lost a VIP bonus.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Ant_17

@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

WTF? How is it a 180 if consumers NEVER could buy them with real money since launch? I'd love to hear the explanation on this.

So if it is even more dumb, you are admitting you would prefer a micro transaction lootcrate system. To each their own

READ.

And they did that with the DRM day 1 Bones. Update that removed the DRM.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#14  Edited By BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17805 Posts

Assetto Corsa on PC (using a wheel) with the added content of FM7 and PCars 2 would be the best. A graphics upgrade would be welcome as well. :)

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
APiranhaAteMyVa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 APiranhaAteMyVa
Member since 2011 • 4160 Posts

GT Sport has the best graphics and gameplay

Forza has loot boxes...

lifelessablaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lifelessablaze

@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

Forza has loot boxes...

You're a moron lol. Sony fanboys are so delusional

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

@cainetao11 said:

At this point I demand haptic feedback triggers also. Played Forza 7 with a buddy this weekend and I make no bones about it, I am not a big racing game fan. I own FH2 and FH1 because it was a GWG. But the triggers with feedback showed me a feeling of the road unlike any other racing game I ever tried.

The triggers are amazing for Forza. My favorite part

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cainetao11

@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

READ.

REALIZE and REMEBER.

MS announced DRM then changed it with an update.

They have NEVER announced a pay for the lootboxes in Forza 7 or had it in the game.

Again, how is it a 180, if the only place there was an announcement of charging for the boxes or implementation is in your mind?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cainetao11

@xantufrog said:
@cainetao11 said:

The triggers are amazing for Forza. My favorite part

It is imo a very simulation thing.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Ant_17

@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:

READ.

REALIZE and REMEBER.

They have NEVER announced a pay for the lootboxes in Forza 7 or had it in the game.

Again, how is it a 180, if the only place there was an announcement of charging for the boxes or implementation is in your mind?

They weren't given the chance to announce the P2W feature of the boxes. The VIP being limited was bigger news, and Shadow Of War getting dinged for the boxes.

I guess it isn't a public 180, so you are half right.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By Zero_epyon
Member since 2004 • 20103 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

READ.

REALIZE and REMEBER.

The concern was that, like in previous Forza titles, credits would eventually be able to be purchased for real money some time after the release of the game via an update. This after they said the game wouldn't have microtransactions. Loot boxes would be a prime candidate for microtransactions.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 kingtito

@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:

READ.

REALIZE and REMEBER.

They weren't given the chance to announce the P2W feature of the boxes. The VIP being limited was bigger news, and Shadow Of War getting dinged for the boxes.

Actually he's fully right. No announcement, and it never happened yet you want people to believe they did a 180? Ummm no cow that's not how it works.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By cainetao11

@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:

READ.

REALIZE and REMEBER.

They weren't given a chance to announce it? So you can link me to proof that it was in fact in existence? Ok then Sony is guilty of a 180 on DRM then. They did file a patent for it, I guess they just didn't "get to announce it" LOL.

It wasn't a "public 180"? So you have insider privilege to information then? And you can prove it?

Seems to me you cant admit they aren't guilty of your assumptions. That's not how being guilty of anything works.

Avatar image for slimdogmilionar
slimdogmilionar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 slimdogmilionar
Member since 2014 • 1343 Posts

Still not convinced gt has better handling as every review of Forza I’ve seen has the driving line which means more than likely assist were enabled during the interview. But then again I have yet to play gt so who knows.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By cainetao11

@kingtito:

Actually he's fully right. No announcement, and it never happened yet you want people to believe they did a 180? Ummm no cow that's not how it works.

Seems logical, doesn't it? How is anyone guilty of anything that wasn't done? "YOU KNOW THEY WERE GONNA DO IT!!!!" Its like when people talk about the OJ case. "Come on!!! You know he's guilty!!" If I in fact knew I would've testified. I have an opinion and I don't confuse those with factual information.

@Zero_epyon said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:

READ.

REALIZE and REMEBER.

The concern was that, like in previous Forza titles, credits would eventually be able to be purchased for real money some time after the release of the game via an update. This after they said the game wouldn't have microtransactions. Loot boxes would be a prime candidate for microtransactions.

Understood. But still nobody or entity is guilty of people's assumptions. Guilt requires proof of said accusation. Having done so in past Forza's doesn't make them guilty in Forza 7. Its shit like this that makes some of us say there is different set of criteria Xbox is held to. As I said above, by this logic Sony is guilty of DRM because they did file a patent for it and I guess they just didn't get to announce it. Yeah, that's not how guilt works.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Ant_17

Can you lems be consistent?

@kingtito said:

Seems he wants it to be that way to work.

@cainetao11 said:

They weren't given a chance to announce it? So you can link me to proof that it was in fact in existence? Ok then Sony is guilty of a 180 on DRM then. They did file a patent for it, I guess they just didn't "get to announce it" LOL.

It wasn't a "public 180"? So you have insider privilege to information then? And you can prove it?

Seems to me you cant admit they aren't guilty of your assumptions. That's not how being guilty of anything works.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Zero_epyon

@cainetao11 said:

@Zero_epyon said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:

READ.

REALIZE and REMEBER.

Understood. But still nobody or entity is guilty of people's assumptions. Guilt requires proof of said accusation. Having done so in past Forza's doesn't make them guilty in Forza 7. Its shit like this that makes some of us say there is different set of criteria Xbox is held to. As I said above, by this logic Sony is guilty of DRM because they did file a patent for it and I guess they just didn't get to announce it. Yeah, that's not how guilt works.

True, but there's also the issue of trust. Saying there will be no MT's only to add them later anyway rubbed people the wrong way. Now there's loot boxes which typically come with MT's in other games. I'm not really interested in debating the DRM thing though.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 kingtito

@Ant_17 said:

Can you lems be consistent?

@kingtito said:

Seems he wants it to be that way to work.

@cainetao11 said:

Be consistent? I'm agreeing with caine and saying you're 100% wrong. Can't be anymore consistent than that.

GameboyTroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#29 GameboyTroy
Member since 2011 • 9727 Posts

Just get rid of the loot crates though. Maybe you could add PC2's audio too.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kingtito

@Zero_epyon said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

READ.

REALIZE and REMEBER.

True, but there's also the issue of trust. Saying there will be no MT's only to add them later anyway rubbed people the wrong way. Now there's loot boxes which typically come with MT's in other games. I'm not really interested in debating the DRM thing though.

There is no but. It either happened or it didn't. In this case, it didn't. MS neither announced it nor talked about potential for it. Ant is talking out of his ass here so why are you trying to defend what he said? I see that cow bias coming out

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 cainetao11

@Zero_epyon said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Zero_epyon said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

READ.

REALIZE and REMEBER.

I'm confused.

Trust. People are rubbed the wrong way because they stated no microtransactions, only to add them in the game later on............which HASNT TAKEN PLACE AS OF TODAY.

Again, they are being called guilty when they haven't done it . Will they? Anything is possible. It is a for profit corporation in a capitalistic free market. However this just isn't how guilt works. Somehow @Ant_17 says this is how I want guilt to work. I'd love to read how guilt doesn't require proof of the action taking place.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#32 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

Oh Jebus still with the Driveclub delirium!! Art style maybe, but both GT and Forza obliterate DC.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Ant_17

@cainetao11: Can you explain why there isn't just an ingame store where you can buy whatever you want at that moment with the in game cash rather having the loot box system that has no reason to be in the game.

Zero_epyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Zero_epyon

@cainetao11 said:
@Zero_epyon said:

I'm confused.

Trust. People are rubbed the wrong way because they stated no microtransactions, only to add them in the game later on............which HASNT TAKEN PLACE AS OF TODAY.

Again, they are being called guilty when they haven't done it . Will they? Anything is possible. It is a for profit corporation in a capitalistic free market. However this just isn't how guilt works. Somehow @Ant_17 says this is how I want guilt to work. I'd love to read how guilt doesn't require proof of the action taking place.

I'm just saying that people are being cautious. It's happened in the past, so it's possible it could happen, especially the way they set up the loot boxes. And I think the 180 had to do with them changing the way score multipliers worked for vip players, right?

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By cainetao11

@Zero_epyon:

I'm just saying that people are being cautious. It's happened in the past, so it's possible it could happen, especially the way they set up the loot boxes. And I think the 180 had to do with them changing the way score multipliers worked for vip players, right?

No, I was told by Ant:

I asked how is it a 180 if it never had to be changed because it never was implemented?

@Ant_17 said:

@cainetao11: Can you explain why there isn't just an ingame store where you can buy whatever you want at that moment with the in game cash rather having the loot box system that has no reason to be in the game.

No, I cannot. I don't see how that means MS is guilty of doing a 180 or how I am somehow twisting the definition of guilt to work the way I want it to.

Can you please prove to everyone that a 180 did in fact take place? Links to factual info not from your mind, please.

Alucard_Prime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#36 Alucard_Prime
Member since 2008 • 10107 Posts

Gran Tourismo graphics are fine though, not sure why you would need Driveclub graphics in there, 2 different games with different styles.

The thing that Forza Horizon 3 has taught me is to get close to perfection, you offer a lot of content, variety, numerous offline and online modes, that's all you need and you have to do it well. Gran Tourismo has the right approach with Quality first, it's unfortunate that the limited content and modes set it back.

lexxluger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By lexxluger
Member since 2017 • 599 Posts

@lifelessablaze said:
@APiranhaAteMyVa said:

Forza has loot boxes...

You're a moron lol. Sony fanboys are so delusional

All fanboys are delusional, and yes I agree with your title in that exact break down for what they need to bring to the game.

None of those games are perfect alone but each one of those games has something that beats what either of the other games could ever achieve alone and you outlined each one exactly.

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Ant_17

@cainetao11: No i can't. But how can it not feel like they might have done it since they tried to make the VIP being limited? Means it would have been in the loot boxes and would force people to spend money on boxes. The whole VIP scandal just screams that scenario.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#39 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Forzas content?

I don't want loot boxes.

I mean I was going to buy Forza 7 regardless. But I guess I'm perplexed what people are surprised by? You always "buy" content in Forza using CR... how long has it been like that? I literally have 3 million CR leftover in Forza 6 from all the shit I never bought. Not to mention you can cheat a little by buying tokens with real money if you so choose. Been like that for awhile too. But these things don't magically make you a better racer or anything, it's akin to cosmetics. You can customize and upgrade existing cars as you please and often it doesn't cost alot of CR to do so, in other words.... helloooo it's Forza.

Unless I'm missing some significant detail here. But I don't think I am. In fact this feels very akin to the whole "Cuphead is hard" thing. i.e. it's not.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#40 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

Forzas content?

I don't want loot boxes.

But what is terrible is you can't even get some cars without luckily getting this in the stupid crates.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@kingtito said:

so whats better, Project Cars? cuz that shit was terrible

oflow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#42  Edited By oflow
Member since 2003 • 5185 Posts

Don’t know why you are arguing with these cows that have bashed racing games all gen then suddenly became racing game experts with GTS.

These are the same people that thought DriveClub was a better game than Forza. ?

Forza has had in game purchases for years. Putting them in loot boxes doesn’t make a difference. And none of it effects the actual competitive game anyway.

I’d rather have loot boxes with more tracks, better customization, better online and hundreds of more cars than the alternative.

Forza still has more content than GTSport by miles before you start factoring in loot crates.

And the best sim racer is iRacing.

kingtito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kingtito

@jcrame10 said:
@kingtito said:

Did I mention anything else beyond SIMCADE racer? All 3 are SIMCADE racers but GT seems to have the better driving physics compared to the other 2 but it's still far from a SIM. That's my only point.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

@kingtito said:
@jcrame10 said:
@kingtito said:

Did I mention anything else beyond SIMCADE racer? All 3 are SIMCADE racers but GT seems to have the better driving physics compared to the other 2 but it's still far from a SIM. That's my only point.

i mean theyre no Need for Speed...or Mario Kart...

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#45 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

I'd of just liked it if Evolution worked on a Motorstorm remaster instead, racing sims are boring anyways. Though some can be technically impressive, many are just plain boring.

Sadly the best next thing is the Forza Horizon series, which still doesn't fill the gap but at least it's something.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By cainetao11

@Ant_17: @cainetao11: No i can't. But how can it not feel like they might have done it since they tried to make the VIP being limited? Means it would have been in the loot boxes and would force people to spend money on boxes. The whole VIP scandal just screams that scenario"

Here is a major difference between us on this. My feelings have no bearing on what factually happened. If there is no proof of something happening, feeling like it did doesn't equate to fact. It holds no logic.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:
@cainetao11 said:
@Ant_17 said:

READ.

REALIZE and REMEBER.

Yes, they did and it's coming.

“Once we confirm that the game economy is balanced and fun for our players out in the wild, we plan to offer Tokens [a real-money currency that works like CR] as a matter of player choice. Some players appreciate using Tokens as a way of gaining immediate access to content that may take many hours to acquire in the normal course of play. There will also be an option within the in-game menu to turn off Tokens entirely.”

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cainetao11

@Sam3231: I agree. I have learned Cuphead isn't hard, I'm just not a good game player.

cainetao11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cainetao11

@Diddies: But what is terrible is you can't even get some cars without luckily getting this in the stupid crates"

Hey I never claimed they are a genius game improver. I merely point out the microtransaction accusations many sites went with are BS.

Sam3231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 296

#50 Sam3231
Member since 2008 • 2948 Posts

@cainetao11: c'mon man, that's not what I said!!.... really.