The PC is the objectively superior gaming platform.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#51 DEadliNE-Zero0
Member since 2014 • 6607 Posts

@tormentos said:

PC is better.

I agree with Tomato

No games are not super cheap,and there is a used sales market that doesn't basically exist on PC.

Yes, they are. No need, games are cheaper. Specially here in europe and the uk. I admit the US seems to get screwed over more. 60 for all platforms at launch on official sites

Consoles have the advantage or playing even the most demanding games that come to PC,like Crysis 3 even in water down form,something that some old GPU just can't do.

Yet, cows spend their entire time bitching and complaining about how the xbone has teh watered down version. So, are you admiting cows really don't honestly care about resolution and frame rates? Because it's already pretty obvious.

wolverine4262

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52 wolverine4262
Member since 2004 • 20832 Posts

No, conditioner is better!

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By RoboCopISJesus
Member since 2004 • 2225 Posts

@-Damien- said:

When did PC fanbase become the most obnoxious here? or they've been like this all along?

1. How is a regular and valid SW thread with no insults or negativity "obnoxious"? I can show you obnoxious threads by looking at any of the dozen or so anti-PC troll flame-bait threads.

2. Waiting for factually inferior version of games like Witcher3, lol. Sales? Are you sure it'll sell more on ps4 when including digital purchase sales? I doubt it. PC has more overall gaming software sales than all 6 consoles combined.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#54  Edited By asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts
@deadline-zero0 said:

@tormentos said:

PC is better.

I agree with Tomato

No games are not super cheap,and there is a used sales market that doesn't basically exist on PC.

Yes, they are. No need, games are cheaper. Specially here in europe and the uk. I admit the US seems to get screwed over more. 60 for all platforms at launch on official sites

Consoles have the advantage or playing even the most demanding games that come to PC,like Crysis 3 even in water down form,something that some old GPU just can't do.

Yet, cows spend their entire time bitching and complaining about how the xbone has teh watered down version. So, are you admiting cows really don't honestly care about resolution and frame rates? Because it's already pretty obvious.

How do you figure that arguing for paying more for more performance (PC vs. consoles) is remotely similar to arguing against paying more for less performance (Xbox One vs. PS4)?

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55  Edited By BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

Pretty sure this is common knowledge. Honestly if you are trying to convince those who oppose PC gaming. Copy and pasting a long post isn't going to help since those who oppose it aren't gonna spend 5 minutes to read it.

Avatar image for EducatingU_PCMR
EducatingU_PCMR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#56 EducatingU_PCMR
Member since 2013 • 1581 Posts

Lots of facts there, TC.

You must have melted a ton of consolites' brains.

Hard to argue with all those valid reasons.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

TC is a bundle of sticks

Nice copy and paste directly from another forum.

http://www.reddit.com/r/pcmasterrace/wiki/guide

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 DEadliNE-Zero0

@asylumni said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@tormentos said:

PC is better.

I agree with Tomato

How do you figure that arguing for paying more for more performance (PC vs. consoles) is remotely similar to arguing against paying more for less performance (Xbox One vs. PS4)?

Because performance is performance. Cows are going crazy over 1080p when PC has been doing it for years. Now suddenly it's some almighty performance benchmark? Yeah right.

People who truly care about 1080p, 60 frames per second, and whichever other point of discussion between the consoles from the technical perpective has probably been pc gaming instead. Who the hell buys a console for the better experience in terms of specs?

Yes, pc costs more, but it also offers more. I'ts not now that consoles finally get an upgrade that 1080p gets to be some extremely important point, expect for fanboys who need something to help show which of these weak, wannnabe pcs is better.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@commonfate said:

TC is a bundle of sticks

That post is so awesome because console fanboys can't ever come up with factual rebuttals, and it will always just be their opinion.

They'll say bullshit like how rts, mmo, moba, f2p, sim don't count. They'll put on super strict goal posts like "name a PC game that is from quarter 4 2014, has shooting elements, is exclusive, 100million budget, and scored over a 9.5"

Which is why guys like shielder, m3boarder, am-gamer, cranler, etc. won't touch this thread and if they do it'll be an off-topic troll quip.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@commonfate said:

TC is a bundle of sticks

That post is so awesome because console fanboys can't ever come up with factual rebuttals, and it will always just be their opinion.

They'll say bullshit like how rts, mmo, moba, f2p, sim don't count. They'll put on super strict goal posts like "name a PC game that is from quarter 4 2014, has shooting elements, is exclusive, 100million budget, and scored over a 9.5"

Which is why guys like shielder, m3boarder, am-gamer, cranler, etc. won't touch this thread and if they do it'll be an off-topic troll quip.

It is an incredibly well written and researched piece that would be difficult to argue against in most cases but TC's first sentence clearly indicates he wishes us all to believe that's his own writing.

So he can go step on a Lego for all I care. I mean it!

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@commonfate said:

TC is a bundle of sticks

But all the exclusive GOTYs!!!

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#62 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@blackace said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@-Damien- said:

When did PC fanbase become the most obnoxious here? or they've been like this all along?

When The Witcher 3, PC-most proud and beloved franchise, sell more on PS4, I will shove that number right down to their throat

Lol, sales. The greatest irony will be that the PC versions will be better anyway. BTW, did you miss cows trashing xbox at every turn?

Yes, it will definitely be better on the PC, but more gamers will play in on game consoles (even though there are millions and millions more PC gamers then consoles gamers - FACT) Which comes to the conclusion that gamers DON'T CARE if it's better on the PC, as they would rather play most of their multiplat games on GAME CONSOLES. It's funny that PC gamers still haven't figured this out yet.

Of course most gamers don't care. I didn't state they did. But this is system wars. You know, where fanboys come to argue over the finest detail on each platform. At which point, PC is better.

I was simply pointing out that sales don't affect each individual gamer.

My whole point was that having the better version is completely irrelevant to gamers. It truly doesn't matter to the majority of gamers if it's better on the PC or not.

asylumni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#63 asylumni
Member since 2003 • 3304 Posts

@deadline-zero0 said:

@asylumni said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@tormentos said:

PC is better.

I agree with Tomato

Because performance is performance. Cows are going crazy over 1080p when PC has been doing it for years. Now suddenly it's some almighty performance benchmark? Yeah right.

People who truly care about 1080p, 60 frames per second, and whichever other point of discussion between the consoles from the technical perpective has probably been pc gaming instead. Who the hell buys a console for the better experience in terms of specs?

Yes, pc costs more, but it also offers more. I'ts not now that consoles finally get an upgrade that 1080p gets to be some extremely important point, expect for fanboys who need something to help show which of these weak, wannnabe pcs is better.

Ah, so you do it by misinterpreting the argument. It's never been just about 1080P or 60 FPS, it's that the PS4 could do better than the Xbox One while the latter cost 25% more. You picking and choosing small parts of the argument doesn't change that.

DEadliNE-Zero0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By DEadliNE-Zero0

@asylumni said:

@deadline-zero0 said:

@asylumni said:
@deadline-zero0 said:

@tormentos said:

PC is better.

I agree with Tomato

Ah, so you do it by misinterpreting the argument. It's never been just about 1080P or 60 FPS, it's that the PS4 could do better than the Xbox One while the latter cost 25% more. You picking and choosing small parts of the argument doesn't change that.

Except they cost the same and the differences are minimal. I've tested them on my own pc. Atleast the current ones. In 2013, it did seem we where going to get a massiv difference, but it got smaller, ironically. But i did misread a part there.

But my point stand. Cows are bitching about the xbone not doing 1080p, when the Playstation hasn't hit for years. 60fps is the same. But now that it gets an upgrade, it matter alot. Better yet, when the PS4 failed to keep 1080p/60fps on BF4, i remember tons of backtracking.

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#65 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

You know when a PC post is full of BS and completely Fanboy written?

When it highlights the infamous $ 400 PC crap.

BldgIrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#66 BldgIrsh
Member since 2014 • 3044 Posts

@Shielder7 said:

Considering this is a Shielder7 post. Should I dis warrant it's entirety for BS?

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@Shielder7 said:

Loading Video...

lmao

topgunmv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 topgunmv
Member since 2003 • 10880 Posts

@edwardecl said:

I've never understood the appeal of multiple monitors for anything other than maybe a flight sim, it looks like shit to have edges between screens.

Driving games.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

or you could have just said

Pc superior hardware

Consoles superior games

nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Are you really that much of an idiot? People don't need "factual rebuttals" to justify their personal preferences. I don't care with how many facts you can come up with that Pepsi is better than Coca Cola. I still hate Pepsi. Of course a PC is a more capable system. And even though I still own a decent gaming PC I mostly game on consoles now. I just enjoy sitting in my beanbag in front of my TV when I want to game for a while. I won't go through the hassle to carry my PC to the living room each time or any sort of streaming crap. Guess what? I still have fun.

Probably I'm just lacking the inferiority complex you obviously need to feel the urge to prove some awkward superiority by gaming on a certain system (lulz). It's okay though. I still have some hope left that you people will grow up one day. By the way, I got The Witcher 2 for the 360 a while back. I already own it on PC but I just couldn't stand playing through it sitting at my desk.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 RoboCopISJesus

@nethernova said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Are you really that much of an idiot? People don't need "factual rebuttals" to justify their personal preferences.

This thread isn't about personal preference. I totally find it fine if you prefer ps4 or xbone one more. Thats not an issue. But thats not what the thread is about.

Please keep up.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 Cranler
Member since 2005 • 8809 Posts

@nethernova said:
@RoboCopISJesus said:

Are you really that much of an idiot? People don't need "factual rebuttals" to justify their personal preferences. I don't care with how many facts you can come up with that Pepsi is better than Coca Cola. I still hate Pepsi. Of course a PC is a more capable system. And even though I still own a decent gaming PC I mostly game on consoles now. I just enjoy sitting in my beanbag in front of my TV when I want to game for a while. I won't go through the hassle to carry my PC to the living room each time or any sort of streaming crap. Guess what? I still have fun.

Probably I'm just lacking the inferiority complex you obviously need to feel the urge to prove some awkward superiority by gaming on a certain system (lulz). It's okay though. I still have some hope left that you people will grow up one day. By the way, I got The Witcher 2 for the 360 a while back. I already own it on PC but I just couldn't stand playing through it sitting at my desk.

Sounds like you need to get a more comfortable chair.

RoboCopISJesus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By RoboCopISJesus

@amazonangry said:

Consoles superior games

Don't lie:

He stated PC has superior games, and cited metacritic. He could also cite gamespot.

PC has more aaa and aa (8.0+) scoring games at both sites.

clone01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 clone01
Member since 2003 • 29824 Posts

sure.

AmazonAngry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By AmazonAngry
Member since 2014 • 968 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus: I didn't lie about anything. PC came in dead last in the industry in Game of the Year exclusives for generation 7. It hasn't had a game of the year exclusive on GameSpot for 10 years. Enough with the whining. When it comes to games consoles win

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 Jankarcop
Member since 2011 • 11058 Posts

@amazonangry said:

@RoboCopISJesus: I didn't lie about anything. PC came in dead last in Game of the Year exclusives for generation 7. It hasn't had a game of the year exclusive on GameSpot for 10 years. Enough with the whining. When it comes to games consoles win

He was right though.

You said consoles have superior games, but according to both gamespot and metacritic, PC has more superior games.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 Cranler
@mikhail said:

Over the course of 3-4 years, some people have saved over $3000 by using Steam

How can you prove this? How can you prove that the sale wasn't the sole reason the person bought the game. Steam sales are designed to get people to buy games they didn't plan on buying.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 mikhail
Member since 2003 • 2697 Posts

@Cranler said:
Steam sales are designed to get people to buy games they didn't plan on buying.

How can you prove that?

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 mikhail

@StormyJoe said:

@mikhail: I want to play games from my sofa. PC gaming sucks ass in the living room. So, I will not be a PC gamer.

Why does PC gaming suck in the living room? You can easily hook up any PC to any display including any TV, and also use any controller you wish including Xbox One, 360, PS3, or PS4 controllers...or all of them at the same time. Not to mention things like Steam Big Picture Mode.

There is functionally no difference between controlling and playing a PC in the living room compared to a console.

R4gn4r0k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 R4gn4r0k
Member since 2004 • 46169 Posts

@Slashkice said:

Okay.

@Blabadon said:

Okay

Okay as in: Okay, I'll get rid of my consoles and game on PC exclusively ?

:P

StormyJoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 StormyJoe
Member since 2011 • 7806 Posts

@mikhail said:

@StormyJoe said:

@mikhail: I want to play games from my sofa. PC gaming sucks ass in the living room. So, I will not be a PC gamer.

Why does PC gaming suck in the living room? You can easily hook up any PC to any display including any TV, and also use any controller you wish including Xbox One, 360, PS3, or PS4 controllers...or all of them at the same time. Not to mention things like Steam Big Picture Mode.

There is functionally no difference between controlling and playing a PC in the living room compared to a console.

PC games - PC exclusive games - have a UI that is designed with the user being 12"-18" from the screen. You go and try to play WoW or StarCraft2 on a TV - it sucks because you can't see the minimap. Secondly, most PC games - PC exclusive games - are designed to be used with a KB/Mouse Combo.

So, to adequately play a PC game in your living room, you have to a) move your furniture around so you are close enough to the screen to see the PC-centric UI, and b) have some sort of desk or lap table in order to use the KB/Mouse. That, vs picking up a controller, turning on a PS4/XB1/Wii U, and sitting on your couch.

I also don't want some ugly PC tower mucking up the looks of my entertainment center.

lostrib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 lostrib
Member since 2009 • 49999 Posts

@StormyJoe said:

@mikhail said:

@StormyJoe said:

PC games - PC exclusive games - have a UI that is designed with the user being 12"-18" from the screen. You go and try to play WoW or StarCraft2 on a TV - it sucks because you can't see the minimap. Secondly, most PC games - PC exclusive games - are designed to be used with a KB/Mouse Combo.

So, to adequately play a PC game in your living room, you have to a) move your furniture around so you are close enough to the screen to see the PC-centric UI, and b) have some sort of desk or lap table in order to use the KB/Mouse. That, vs picking up a controller, turning on a PS4/XB1/Wii U, and sitting on your couch.

I also don't want some ugly PC tower mucking up the looks of my entertainment center.

...then don't buy an ugly PC tower

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 Cranler

@mikhail said:

@Cranler said:
Steam sales are designed to get people to buy games they didn't plan on buying.

How can you prove that?

First off it makes sense. valve is a business not a charity. Games that get the big discounts are the ones that have been out for a long time and are no longer selling.

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/37-percent-of-steam-games-have-never-been-played-report/1100-6419022/

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 mikhail

@Cranler: I think you misunderstand the word "prove"

Gamer_4_Fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 139

#87 Gamer_4_Fun
Member since 2008 • 3862 Posts

While I switched to PC as my primary platform after having a great time on PS3, I plan on getting the PS4 right at the end of the cycle for the exclusives and hope the price will go down by then. Other than that, I have no reason to get any consoles and I am happy with the PC. You guys can't restrict yourself to a single platform otherwise you will miss out on a lot of games, for many that is not an option as more platforms means more money needed to be spend. But still, if you have the option, never lock yourself to a single platform.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By Cranler

@mikhail said:

Why else would you put a game at 75% off?

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By mikhail

@Cranler said:

@mikhail said:

Because Steam sales result in absolute windfall profits for developers, and they LOVE it. Otherwise they would not participate - sales are completely up to the rights holders, for how long and for how much they are discounted.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidGalindo/20140109/208337/How_much_do_indie_PC_devs_make_anyways_Part_V.php

Vlambeer's last game made as much in one day during the Steam summer sale as it had the entire six month period leading up to that, taking the game from a loss to being extremely profitable. All because it was 75% off.

Your "arguments" are failing. The bottom four on this triangle are you by the way - not just in this topic, but in essentially every single one you participate in. I could keep wiping the floor with you all day long if you want to keep going.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By Cranler

@mikhail said:

@Cranler said:

@mikhail said:

Because Steam sales result in absolute windfall profits for developers, and they LOVE it. Otherwise they would not participate - sales are completely up to the rights holders, for how long and for how much they are discounted.

http://www.gamasutra.com/blogs/DavidGalindo/20140109/208337/How_much_do_indie_PC_devs_make_anyways_Part_V.php

Vlambeer's last game made as much in one day during the Steam summer sale as it had the entire six month period leading up to that, taking the game from a loss to being extremely profitable. All because it was 75% off.

Your "arguments" are failing. The bottom four on this triangle are you by the way - not just in this topic, but in essentially every single one you participate in. I could keep wiping the floor with you all day long if you want to keep going.

And why would selling a game at 75% off result in huge profits if not for enticing those who had no plans of buying said game?

It would be interesting to see how many people actually played vlambeers game that they bought on sale.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91 Jankarcop

Cranler getting owned yet again.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92 Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

More useless posts. Have you learned your lesson about making threats?

How did I get owned? Mikhail brings up a game making more in one sale than in ever did previously, what does that tell you? That no one had any intention of buying the game until they saw it on sale.

Steam sales are all about getting impulse purchases, that's why 37% of steam users games are unplayed.

Jankarcop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93 Jankarcop

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

PC is first place in every facet, loosing-ends you disappoint me with this cryptic act.

mikhail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By mikhail

@Cranler said:

Steam sales are all about getting impulse purchases, that's why 37% of steam users games are unplayed.

Wrong again. It's because PC gamers have SO MANY games to play, it just takes a long time to get to them. Not to mention that many games come in huge bundles and some are simply unwanted - see Humble Bundles that give Steam keys, publisher packs, sale packs, etc. You're also forgetting that games are easily gifted to others - I give people games all the time because I buy extra copies during sales and they just don't play them, or at least haven't yet. Does that mean there is some insidious, negative thing about Steam sales? Of course not, the two are not mutually exclusive, and again you're reaching as usual. In addition to all of that, I've purchased games during sales simply to support developers that I think are doing a good job in the industry - results which speak for themselves when the same devs post the happiest blogs ever about how much money they're making because of the sales. Then they go on to voluntarily participate in sale after sale, with great results every time. I'll eventually play those games - that's another thing that is fantastic about PC's. I don't have to worry about upgrading my PC and then not being able to play my older games anymore. Backwards compatibility, dude.

Just because a game hasn't been played on a user's Steam account doesn't mean it never will. I routinely stock up on games during sales and then eventually get to them sometimes years later. Your logic is broken.

You're grasping at straws here trying to somehow take a single incorrect point and use that to prove...what, exactly?

PapaTrop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95 PapaTrop
Member since 2014 • 1792 Posts

It's hard to not suggest PC as the primary platform for anyone who likes games.

If you're not one to play games on a weekly basis then consoles might be sufficient since they get good releases so rarely.

Cranler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Cranler

@Jankarcop said:

@Cranler said:

@Jankarcop said:

PC is first place in every facet, loosing-ends you disappoint me with this cryptic act.

Of course you didn't attempt to explain how I got owned.

@mikhail said:

@Cranler said:

Wrong again. It's because PC gamers have SO MANY games to play, it just takes a long time to get to them. Not to mention that many games come in huge bundles and some are simply unwanted - see Humble Bundles that give Steam keys, publisher packs, sale packs, etc. You're also forgetting that games are easily gifted to others - I give people games all the time because I buy extra copies during sales and they just don't play them, or at least haven't yet. Does that mean there is some insidious, negative thing about Steam sales? Of course not, the two are not mutually exclusive, and again you're reaching as usual. In addition to all of that, I've purchased games during sales simply to support developers that I think are doing a good job in the industry - results which speak for themselves when the same devs post the happiest blogs ever about how much money they're making because of the sales. Then they go on to voluntarily participate in sale after sale, with great results every time. I'll eventually play those games - that's another thing that is fantastic about PC's. I don't have to worry about upgrading my PC and then not being able to play my older games anymore. Backwards compatibility, dude.

Just because a game hasn't been played on a user's Steam account doesn't mean it never will. I routinely stock up on games during sales and then eventually get to them sometimes years later. Your logic is broken.

You're grasping at straws here trying to somehow take a single incorrect point and use that to prove...what, exactly?

Remember that this isn't just steam. Sales in general are about getting people to buy things they didn't plan to.

More proof that steam lures people into buying games they didn't plan to

http://kotaku.com/were-buying-more-pc-games-than-we-can-play-1493402988

Among the data gathered, the study indicates that 36.9 percent of purchased games have never been played at all. Another 17 percent have been played for less than one hour (just enough time to load it up and, maybe, get through a tutorial).

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2014/04/16/over-one-third-of-purchased-steam-games-have-never-been-played.asp

Here in gaming land our closest equivalent to ASDA’s cheap deals is something like the Steam sale, which is a time where many of us load up on titles we wouldn’t normally take a punt on, just because they’re selling for pennies on the pound.”

http://www.vg247.com/2012/12/21/digital-hoarding-and-the-steam-sale-menace/

miiiiv

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97 miiiiv
Member since 2013 • 943 Posts

@asylumni said:

@miiiiv said:
@scottpsfan14 said:
@miiiiv said:

@mikhail said:
Wall of text

Just skimmed through it and most of it seems correct, maybe not "Faster than a PS4 or XBox One, even if you built one for $400"

I think it's time people stop using that argument. A $400 pc build, including an os, a decent mouse and keyboard will probably not fare well against the ps4 over the coming years.

But pc games are cheaper and online gaming is free so some argue that a S700-800 build against the ps4 is more fair since the cost evens out over the years. With such a pc it's a more valid argument though as it's much more likely to perform pretty well over the coming years.

Although most of the wild claims they make in there are conjecture. No sources to back them up. Yeah, there is obvious truths in there, but hidden among it is a pile of BS. But then that's just the way of teh masterrace.

Like I said, I just skimmed through it, the $400 pc build was the first thing that caught my eyes as evidently false, I'm sure there are more things as the entire post is biased towards pc gaming.

Yeah, I checked the build, choosing the cheaper option when available, and it comes to $475.40 without an O/S or input device. So after you add those, you'd be at about 50% more than a PS4 with only an A10 6800K which can do Tomb Raider at 1080P, low settings at 35.6 FPS average on LOW.

While I still stand by my point that a $400 pc (including os and decent input devices) will not perform as well as the ps4 over the coming years but you showed me a benchmark of the A10 6800K ruining the game with it's integrated graphics, I believe. Are you sure that you don't have room for a cheaper discrete gpu in the budget when you are approaching $500 without an os and input devices?

Avatar image for CrownKingArthur
CrownKingArthur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98 CrownKingArthur
Member since 2013 • 5262 Posts

yeah obviously the bulk of that op is plagiarised from reddit, but even so.

pc is pretty solid and i think one would be unwise to write it off.

my favourite things about it are: how the performance essentially reflects your level of investment, and of course how you can choose your level of investment. utilitarian nature of it. and very high frame rate gaming (120+). load times.

my least favourite thing is actually a new thing (well new to me), and that's how some games can't achieve 120 fps for whatever reason (eg quake 4).

Shielder7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#99 Shielder7
Member since 2006 • 5191 Posts

@RoboCopISJesus said:

@Shielder7 said:

Loading Video...

lmao

Yeah Like PC gamers are immune to being complete idiots.

Loading Video...

SambaLele

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By SambaLele
Member since 2004 • 5552 Posts

Nothing new here. Though I don't understand how can backwards compatibility be counted at the same time as old exclusives. That's bis in idem. It's either better backwards compatibility or one huge exclusive games library. Or did the fat PS3's library count also all PS2 exclusives?

Almost every point you made is actually objectively superior to consoles. Still, may be not enough for many to prevent console gaming, or even enjoying console gaming more than PC gaming. Also, you must not forget one word: it's potentially superior, in many of those aspects. For example, is that Battlefield pic of the game running in many monitors with EyeFinity in your rig representative of the majority of PC demographics? Of course, potentially, everyone could get there. But many can't, and many that can, don't want to. And many that can, still game on consoles. Even sometimes exclusively on consoles. But yes, in almost every aspect, PC gaming is potentially and objectively superior to console gaming.