The Order confirmed to have open areas

• 58 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Sagemode87 (1284 posts) -

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/02/20/the-order-1886-will-have-open-areas-wont-be-just-a-corridor-game-according-to-insider/

Seems Lems are running out of things to troll PS4 with. The game was confirmed to have open levels, it will not be a corridor shooter. My hype for the game just skyrocketed.

#2 Posted by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

still a linear gears clone lol

#3 Posted by MetalEsback (30 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

linear gears clone? gears is the definition of linear

#5 Posted by WitIsWisdom (4775 posts) -

OTS= crap. Other than that the game looks good. Gears= crap... for more reasons than just OTS... but mostly because of OTS.

#6 Posted by Alcapello (1396 posts) -

@summerparadise said:

Open levels is still linear... like Uncharted, God of War... those are also called open levels but they are still linear.

Which one has a live online mp even today, gears of uncharted im curious? Maybe not as much in 2, but I'm positive before 4 comes out, uncharted might have an edge.

#7 Posted by Sagemode87 (1284 posts) -

@summerparadise: What's wrong with linear games? I'd quit gaming if every game was like Skyrim.

#8 Posted by D4RKL1NG (278 posts) -

@Sagemode87: I agree. Why the **** are linear games a bad thing all of the sudden?

#9 Posted by treedoor (7648 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Sony fans are gobbling up the generic shooters this gen.

#10 Edited by super600 (32418 posts) -

@D4RKL1NG said:

@Sagemode87: I agree. Why the **** are linear games a bad thing all of the sudden?

Linear games aren't bad, but RAD needs to show that the order 1886 is not just a typical linear third person shooter with great graphics , story and etc, but something more.They have failed to do this so far and some sites like IGN are concerned about this game.The game's gameplay has to back it or else the game will fail.

#11 Posted by aroxx_ab (13236 posts) -

@Sagemode87 said:

@summerparadise: What's wrong with linear games? I'd quit gaming if every game was like Skyrim.

I agree, linear games is fun if done right :D

#12 Edited by getyeryayasout (11499 posts) -

lol Open area King.

#13 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Excellent. The Last of Us showed linear, and open, makes a game of the gen.

#14 Edited by nervmeister (15378 posts) -

@D4RKL1NG:

SW 101:

Linear games are only bad on the "enemy platform".

#15 Posted by NoodleFighter (9244 posts) -

thats what they said about killzone shadowfall and look how that turned out, I need to see these "open" areas.

#16 Posted by tormentos (26637 posts) -

I know a certain lemming who was calling me out on this game been enclosed who will be very mad about this..hahaha

See my lemming friend this is why i say that i need it to see more of the game,so it look better than Ryse and will have more open areas..

#17 Edited by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

I wouldn't read to much into the "insiders" comments if i were you. many parts of London in 1888 were an incredibly cramped confined place. The game takes place in victorian London and from the look of it, probably around the east end, the Jack the ripper murders took place two years after the game is set. In the whitechapel area of london, rammed with irish, jewish, polish immigrants, sometimes 7-8 people living in one room of a house.

The game being a corridor shooter wont make it a bad game.

I call it now, the game will have a mission in a factory, a mission in the sewers, a mission on the rooftops, a mission on the streets and a mission in the slums. chuck in a mission at the docks, a mission at a graveyard and you are all set for a 10 hour campaign.

If this game turns out good, i might pick up a PS4

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
#18 Edited by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Lemmings loved Gears so The Order should do well with all the 360 owners switching to PS4.

#19 Edited by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -
@treedoor said:

@mems_1224 said:

The Last Of Us shits on whatever games you like.

#20 Edited by thegamer00 (153 posts) -

The Order is garbage. Why in the hell are people getting exciting over a gears clone. Makes no sense.

#21 Posted by tormentos (26637 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

I wouldn't read to much into the "insiders" comments if i were you. many parts of London in 1888 were an incredibly cramped confined place. The game takes place in victorian London and from the look of it, probably around the east end, the Jack the ripper murders took place two years after the game is set. In the whitechapel area of london, rammed with irish, jewish, polish immigrants, sometimes 7-8 people living in one room of a house.

I call it now, the game will have a mission in a factory, a mission in the sewers, a mission on the rooftops, a mission on the streets and a mission in the slums. chuck in a mission at the docks, a mission at a graveyard and you are all set for a 10 hour campaign.

See you don't have a PS4 and you are downplaying information from an insider,which in neogaf most be double confirmed by 2 sources and if the info is bad you get ban this is why your whole argument of me not owning a PS4 is invalid,you are downplaying something you haven't play based on historical information,the game also has a train that goes all over the city which wasn't there on that time either,just because it wasn't there in real life doesn't mean it would not be on the game.

I was right to say i need to see more of the game,apparently is more open than what was show.

#22 Edited by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

Lemmings loved Gears so The Order should do well with all the 360 owners switching to PS4.

but cows hated gears, so why they so excited for the order?

@tormentos but where exactly am i downplaying it? Did you miss the posts i made, saying that because it is like gears that is not necessarily a bad thing?

actually, i am downplaying "the insider" comments, even if they are true, he doesn't exactly say anything earth shattering does he? if he'd come out and said, "it has open levels...think tomb raider" then you'd have a point. he's basically said nothing at all.

the main thing here is that cows bashed gears and it's gameplay for the entirety of the last gen, but are now hailing this game as the next big thing, despite everything we've seen gameplay wise to be incredibly reminiscent of gears (it's not just people on here saying that either) though i have said it for months.

#23 Posted by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:
@treedoor said:

@mems_1224 said:

The Last Of Us shits on whatever games you like.

oh man, that is a strong comeback, his ass has probably disappeared into itself....

#24 Posted by tormentos (26637 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

Just like Gears was a killswitch RE4 one.

''Ladron que roba a ladron tiene 100 años de perdon''...

hahahah

#25 Posted by tormentos (26637 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

Not all cows do and i played the first 3 Gears games and like them,Judgement was to horrible..

#26 Edited by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@sts106mat said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

Not all cows do and i played the first 3 Gears games and like them,Judgement was to horrible..

I edited a post above for you to read please.

I agree judgment was terrible, there was one good multiplayer mode.

#27 Posted by Suppaman100 (5250 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@sts106mat said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

I liked gears too...on PC.

If you think about it, 360 was such a sh*t console. RROD and no good exclusives...

#28 Posted by tormentos (26637 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@tormentos but where exactly am i downplaying it? Did you miss the posts i made, saying that because it is like gears that is not necessarily a bad thing?

actually, i am downplaying "the insider" comments, even if they are true, he doesn't exactly say anything earth shattering does he? if he'd come out and said, "it has open levels...think tomb raider" then you'd have a point. he's basically said nothing at all.

the main thing here is that cows bashed gears and it's gameplay for the entirety of the last gen, but are now hailing this game as the next big thing, despite everything we've seen gameplay wise to be incredibly reminiscent of gears (it's not just people on here saying that either) though i have said it for months.

You are downplaying information from an insider from a game you haven't play.

Also not everything is by the book on The order in fact there is an article in which is say that the developers aren't afraid of re writing history.

Well not all cows like i already say i also like Uncharted which more or less is also Gears with a more robust gameplay.

#29 Posted by Salt_The_Fries (12477 posts) -

Ghost Recon 2 on original Xbox had OTS before Resident Evil 4 and you could aim while moving in addition to crouching and going prone. Just so that you would know. Gears and RE4 don't have a lot in common if you discredit the OTS connection.

#30 Edited by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

I actually watched "Let's Plays" of the first 3 Gears Of War games(yes I like to watch other people play games) and would have likely played them on PS3. I think Halo is garbage now. I watched amount 10 minutes of Halo 4 footage and was a piece of shit. Same for Gears Of War Judgement. The most recent entries from Microsoft's 2 biggest IPs last entries were both steaming turds. Seems people will by Halo not matter how much it sucks, but Gears doesn't have that fanbase. Rant over.

#31 Edited by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@tormentos said:

@sts106mat said:

You are downplaying information from an insider from a game you haven't play.

Also not everything is by the book on The order in fact there is an article in which is say that the developers aren't afraid of re writing history.

Well not all cows like i already say i also like Uncharted which more or less is also Gears with a more robust gameplay.

I said "don't read too much into what he said" that is not downplaying it. When you look at what he ACTUALLY said, he hasn't really said anything at all..... that's my point.

#32 Posted by sukraj (27390 posts) -

floporder of open areas

#33 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

@sukraj said:

floporder of open areas

Are you a Microsoft viral marketer AKA a shill?

Avatar image for GrenadeLauncher
#34 Posted by GrenadeLauncher (6843 posts) -

Obviously. The only people who thought otherwise were shitposting lems.

#35 Edited by mems_1224 (56917 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@sukraj said:

floporder of open areas

Are you a Sony viral marketer AKA a shill?

#36 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

The fact that they needed to confirm something like that is what makes me worry the most about linearness of this game.

#37 Posted by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@sts106mat said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

I actually watched "Let's Plays" of the first 3 Gears Of War games(yes I like to watch other people play games) and would have likely played them on PS3. I think Halo is garbage now. I watched amount 10 minutes of Halo 4 footage and was a piece of shit. Same for Gears Of War Judgement. The most recent entries from Microsoft's 2 biggest IPs last entries were steaming turds. Seems people will by Halo not matter how much ass it sucks, but Gears doesn't have that fanbase. Rant over.

Halo 4 was great, the single player mode was better than the other halo games on 360 IMO. Master chief and cortana's relationship was much improved and the new enemies and weapons really changed up the flow of the combat, meaning it couldn't be accused of being a copy / paste of other halo games.

I dont believe you can get a good feel for a game fom a "lets play" video. video games are a personal thing and watching someone else play them just does nothing for me.

just as with titanfall, you can look at the game and say "its cod with robots"....but when the controller is in your hand, you realise you are just talking shit. the game feels nothing like it appears to play.

I will definitely be getting the next halo game, i love the story and world (probably not as much as i love mass effect though)

That said, i was a little unsure about titanfall, but having played the beta, I am confident i will get more playtime with titanfall than halo. It surprised me just how much fun it was, the hype, is for once, deserved.

#38 Posted by StrongBlackVine (13262 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@sts106mat said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

I actually watched "Let's Plays" of the first 3 Gears Of War games(yes I like to watch other people play games) and would have likely played them on PS3. I think Halo is garbage now. I watched amount 10 minutes of Halo 4 footage and was a piece of shit. Same for Gears Of War Judgement. The most recent entries from Microsoft's 2 biggest IPs last entries were steaming turds. Seems people will by Halo not matter how much ass it sucks, but Gears doesn't have that fanbase. Rant over.

Halo 4 was great, the single player mode was better than the other halo games on 360 IMO. Master chief and cortana's relationship was much improved and the new enemies and weapons really changed up the flow of the combat, meaning it couldn't be accused of being a copy / paste of other halo games.

I dont believe you can get a good feel for a game fom a "lets play" video. video games are a personal thing and watching someone else play them just does nothing for me.

just as with titanfall, you can look at the game and say "its cod with robots"....but when the controller is in your hand, you realise you are just talking shit. the game feels nothing like it appears to play.

I will definitely be getting the next halo game, i love the story and world (probably not as much as i love mass effect though)

That said, i was a little unsure about titanfall, but having played the beta, I am confident i will get more playtime with titanfall than halo. It surprised me just how much fun it was, the hype, is for once, deserved.

I can't pass judgement on Titanfall because I don't really like competitive shooters. If people like it I won't hate, but it's irrelevant to me as a game. That being said I would like to see the sequel on PS4 so people that do like them can enjoy it.

#39 Posted by vincent380 (2244 posts) -

@silversix_: why? I don't see the connection, they just answered the question.

I say everyone should just wait till E3 and if it doesn't live up to the hype then I would understand at least some of the concern and bashing.

#40 Edited by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@StrongBlackVine said:

@sts106mat said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@sts106mat said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@mems_1224 said:

I can't pass judgement on Titanfall because I don't really like competitive shooters. If people like it I won't hate, but it's irrelevant to me as a game. That being said I would like to see the sequel on PS4 so people that do like them can enjoy it.

I suck at competitive shooters, if i am honest. getting on a bit you see and my reactions aren't as good as they once were. I generally prefer the single player focus of games. but with titanfall, i am really surprised how much fun i had. I had more fun in those 30 something matches (despite frequent deaths) than i had with all of the COD/Battlefield and any other random MP modes from last gen etc combined.

#41 Posted by sukraj (27390 posts) -

@mems_1224 said:

@StrongBlackVine said:

@sukraj said:

floporder of open areas

Are you a Sony viral marketer AKA a shill?

flopety flop

#42 Posted by silversix_ (26347 posts) -

@vincent380 said:

@silversix_: why? I don't see the connection, they just answered the question.

I say everyone should just wait till E3 and if it doesn't live up to the hype then I would understand at least some of the concern and bashing.

im far from bashing the game lol its one of my most anticipated ps4 exclusives if not the most anticipated exclusive for now. amazing graphics (the kind you won't see in an open world game), all we saw is tiny corridors like in Deep Down and now they're trying to reassure everyone that yes the game has "open" areas... their open areas could be a room, this is what they consider open. Dunno something smells fishy with this title and if its as linear as uncharted, that will be a colossal fail for me, i expected the game to be more open than TLOU.

#43 Edited by zeeshanhaider (5524 posts) -

Was the first to call it and still saying, it will be a linear QTE fest onrails movie like other Sony titles except Demon Souls. The 'open' in sony movies means you can look at the sky sometimes.:D

#44 Posted by _Matt_ (10438 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

Think you will be spot on there.

Also, I predict a mission on a blimp.

#45 Posted by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@_Matt_ said:

@sts106mat said:

hahaha, gotta love a blimp mission.

there will possibly be one on a train too

#46 Posted by _Matt_ (10438 posts) -

@sts106mat said:

@_Matt_ said:

@sts106mat said:

hahaha, gotta love a blimp mission.

there will possibly be one on a train too

Aye the blimp missions are always fun...

Ooh yeah possibly, gotta love generic settings in generic shooters!

That said, the setting keeps getting me more and more interested in the game.

#47 Edited by edwardecl (2240 posts) -

I very much doubt this game is open, and I would not want it to be.

Can't believe people are marking the game down because it's going to be like many other great games such as Uncharted, Last of US, Half-Life and so on. The only open worlds that are great tend to be RPG games with leveling and item collection. Other games fill that gap just fine.

#48 Posted by misterpmedia (6209 posts) -

Was always going to have open areas. RAD did themselves a disservice by choosing that tiny segment of gameplay to show. Looking forward to seeing a lot more.

#49 Posted by XboxDone74 (2116 posts) -

Mmmmmm The Order delivering up the herm and lem asshurt. Excellent.

#50 Posted by sts106mat (24190 posts) -

@xboxdone74 said:

Mmmmmm The Order delivering up the herm and lem asshurt. Excellent.

you are deluded, nobody at all is ass hurt over this game. if it's annoyed anyone, it's those cows who bashed gears of war's gameplay.