PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By PC_Rocks
Member since 2018 • 8470 Posts

and it's not on a next-gen console...at least yet.

The post is already SW worthy but just to make it extra spicy: LOL hyping up SSDs for bigger and rich worlds. This game streams every thing and that too from the internet not even HDDs. :P

Star67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

User Lists: 0

#2 Star67
Member since 2005 • 5168 Posts

Im so tired of people hyping flight simulator......

It's a novelty game, most gamers are going to buy it, be in awe about the graphics for an hour, get bored after, and never play it again.

Is anyone on this board actually going to play this for 20 plus hours?

LouiXIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 LouiXIII
Member since 2015 • 10052 Posts

This must be a joke thread xD

Avatar image for deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#4 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d
Member since 2009 • 6278 Posts

There's already a MSFS thread.

But honestly it's technically exciting, feels like something different, on another level than everything else.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9397 Posts

Yeah boi.

I'm pumped for this game. I hope they have passenger sim. Can't wait to play this with in VR.

Also: A gigabit internet connection is about the same speed as a 7200 RPM HDD.

@Star67 said:

**** yeeee. Big fan of Flight Sims.

That's like asking will anyone play Truck Simulator for more than 20 hours. Seems weird to some, but a ton of people do it.

What better way to explore the world during a pandemic?

I miss flying :(

Avatar image for SolidGame_basic
SolidGame_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SolidGame_basic
Member since 2003 • 45101 Posts

The whole idea of Flight Simulator seems really boring. Add come air combat modes! Or a VR component.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 pyro1245

Oh man I just watched the whole vid.

That real time stuff is nuts. You'll actually see other planes in real time? Current weather conditions.

I'm extra excited now.

Ghosts4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Ghosts4ever
Member since 2015 • 24921 Posts

Will be STALKER 2 with mods.

This is not video game. its simulator.

Avatar image for deactivated-60113e7859d7d
deactivated-60113e7859d7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By deactivated-60113e7859d7d
Member since 2017 • 3808 Posts

Are simulators even games?

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pyro1245

@ezekiel43 said:

Are simulators even games?

Depends on how you define game. How do you?

I typically think of a game as something with a fail state. Doesn't need to have a win state, but it needs a fail state. Some of my favorite games are simulators.

• Factorio
  • RimWorld
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Kerbal Space Program

I think the most important point to make here is, does it have to be a game to be fun?

DaVillain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 DaVillain  Moderator
Member since 2014 • 56091 Posts

@phbz said:

There's already a MSFS thread.

But honestly it's technically exciting, feels like something different, on another level than everything else.

Yes but this is a DF thread. They have their own thing and besides, the other thread is kinda old but its still active nonetheless.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#12 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58938 Posts

I agree, of the games shown this is the only one that comes across as genuinely impressive.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
deactivated-5f2b4872031c2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-5f2b4872031c2
Member since 2018 • 2683 Posts

I don't get it. In order to be truly next gen you have to leave out "fun"?

Next gen's gonna suck.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

@subspecies: I don't know, eating space cake and listening to something cool while exploring earth seems like fun to me. You can even try some stunts. Plus, aren't you a fan of VR?

rzxv04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15 rzxv04
Member since 2018 • 2578 Posts

Boomer geeks love flightsim and I liked watching them play it.

I'd play this with a VR headset later.

nepu7supastar7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#16 nepu7supastar7
Member since 2007 • 6773 Posts

@pc_rocks:

Well.......it LOOKS pretty, i guess.....

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 br0kenrabbit
Member since 2004 • 17859 Posts

@Star67 said:

Probably a few thousand hours if my past experience is anything to go by. Beats button mashing by a million miles.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 PC_Rocks

@subspecies said:

I don't get it. In order to be truly next gen you have to leave out "fun"?

Next gen's gonna suck.

Pretty sure that's not the criteria or else Sony First Party offerings are next-gen since the beginning of 7th gen. None of their games are fun.

Wait, scratch 7th gen. Come to think of it before that, almost all the fun games were third party exclusives.

PC_Rocks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 PC_Rocks
@pyro1245 said:

Yeah boi.

I'm pumped for this game. I hope they have passenger sim. Can't wait to play this with in VR.

Also: A gigabit internet connection is about the same speed as a 7200 RPM HDD.

Theoretically in speed only. Practically you never have the same speed, not to mention the network overhead, loses and latency.

WitIsWisdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#20  Edited By WitIsWisdom
Member since 2007 • 9543 Posts

I think I'll go with Paint Peeling Off an Old Barn Simulator instead. They were sold out of Grass Growing Simulator and Staring Into the Sun Simulator.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Grey_Eyed_Elf
Member since 2011 • 7970 Posts

@Star67 said:

It's a novelty game, most gamers are going to buy it, be in awe about the graphics for an hour, get bored after, and never play it again.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 blueinheaven
Member since 2008 • 5554 Posts

It's not a game. The clue's in the name. Go look at the name again. I am confident that even you will be able to work this out all by yourself.

I'm going to give you a 'well done' in advance of you figuring it all out I know it might take you an hour or two of mental gymnastics (by your standards) but I know you'll get there and haha, don't thank me bro, I'm just that guy on the internet who likes to help people who are struggling.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@blueinheaven said:

It's not a game. The clue's in the name. Go look at the name again. I am confident that even you will be able to work this out all by yourself.

I'm going to give you a 'well done' in advance of you figuring it all out I know it might take you an hour or two of mental gymnastics (by your standards) but I know you'll get there and haha, don't thank me bro, I'm just that guy on the internet who likes to help people who are struggling.

"a game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a monitor or other display."

Also the word Simulator doesn't mean its not a game.Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Cars, Asseto Corsa, F1 and Dirt Rally are all Simulators that people spend thousands on building a setup just to play.

Stahp ya bushit!

ps5rulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ps5rulez
Member since 2020 • 456 Posts

even this doesnt look good, all video games today look too video gamey to have actual good graphics lol realism still isnt there.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By blueinheaven

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@blueinheaven said:

"a game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a monitor or other display."

Also the word Simulator doesn't mean its not a game.Gran Turismo, Forza, Project Cars, Asseto Corsa, F1 and Dirt Rally are all Simulators that people spend thousands on building a setup just to play.

Stahp ya bushit!

'a game played by electronically manipulating images' not an electronically produced simulation of realistic flight techniques. Congrats on the self ownage.

Also, Flight Simulator has traditionally been a straight up simulation unlike the stupid examples you gave which are clearly games as well as 'supposed' simulations. I have experience with early FS titles and they couldn't possibly be further from games if they tried.

Take off, learn the procedure, fly (fall asleep), wake up, land (learn the procedure). There's your friggin game, asshat. It's a simulation and has been used to train real pilots. Good luck to the assholes learning their real life trade by playing GT, Forza etc.

Juub1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Juub1990
Member since 2013 • 12620 Posts

@SolidGame_basic: It will have VR support.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@blueinheaven said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@blueinheaven said:

Stahp ya bushit!

'a game played by electronically manipulating images' not an electronically produced simulation of realistic flight techniques. Congrats on the self ownage.

Also, Flight Simulator has traditionally been a straight up simulation unlike the stupid examples you gave which are clearly games as well as 'supposed' simulations. I have experience with early FS titles and they couldn't possibly be further from games if they tried.

Take off, learn the procedure, fly (fall asleep), wake up, land (learn the procedure). There's your friggin game, asshat. It's a simulation and has been used to train real pilots. Good luck to the assholes learning their real life trade by playing GT, Forza etc.

Flight Sims are games.

Actual Flight Simulators.... SIMULATE the cockpit environment, the movement and use custom software to train pilots.

BassMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 225

#28 BassMan
Member since 2002 • 17806 Posts

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: LMAO, what a gif!

lundy86_4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 lundy86_4
Member since 2003 • 61478 Posts
@blueinheaven said:

There's your friggin game, asshat. It's a simulation and has been used to train real pilots. Good luck to the assholes learning their real life trade by playing GT, Forza etc.

Your anger issues are lol-worthy. Still, Sony literally turned GT into a training sim. GT Academy was a thing...

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Grey_Eyed_Elf

@BassMan said:

@Grey_Eyed_Elf: LMAO, what a gif!

Only Gif he deserves. Trying to make s*** up, PC gamer's have been playing flight sims for decades and buy HOTAS setups specifically for them.

With his way of defining games Football Manager is a simulator to be used to train people to be managers of a team.

What a daft turnip.

Project Cars is a game when played with a controller, just like MS Flight 2020 that can be played by casuals with a Xbox Controller... But both if you invest in the hardware CAN simulate a actual Driving/Flying experience.

Software = Game

Hardware = Simulates

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Flight Sims are games.

Actual Flight Simulators.... SIMULATE the cockpit environment, the movement and use custom software to train pilots.

Most of my on-ground training for my private pilots license took place on a PC. You're talking about commercial pilots.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

You can't use a word to define the same word. If you're trying to define 'Game', the definition cannot have the word 'game' in it. That's like, 4th grade stuff.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-5f3ec00254b0d

By the way, is it really important to establish if MSFS is a game or not?

Ant_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#33 Ant_17
Member since 2005 • 13634 Posts

So next gen is streaming.

Next gen suuuuuuuucks

Avatar image for deactivated-63d1ad7651984
deactivated-63d1ad7651984

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34 deactivated-63d1ad7651984
Member since 2017 • 10057 Posts

With VR confirmed the next thing to add is a mile high mode.

Howmakewood

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#35 Howmakewood
Member since 2015 • 7702 Posts

It sure does look impressive, might **** around a bit with gamepass

IMAHAPYHIPPO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 IMAHAPYHIPPO
Member since 2004 • 4196 Posts

@Star67 said:

I dunno, man, the longer social distancing goes on, the more open minded I'm getting. At this point, I think I might even be open to taking a pottery class.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Flight Sims are games.

Most of my on-ground training for my private pilots license took place on a PC. You're talking about commercial pilots.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

You can't use a word to define the same word. If you're trying to define 'Game', the definition cannot have the word 'game' in it. That's like, 4th grade stuff.

That's not my definition.

And those commercial training flight simulator's are running off PC with customized version of PC flight sims.

Your training did you use a $40 Thrustmaster or X1 controller?...

You just like the user I before you are missing the huge part that determines something being a simulator, the physical controls!

Flight simulators just like space combat simulators have the same target audience, why do you think the thing is coming to XSX?... for the trainee pilots who want to build flight sim for cheap?... Stop it.

Its a game.

The part that makes it a simulator is the hardware and the level of interaction the software has with it e.g. Project Car's with a Fanatec racing setup costing in the thousands.

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

And those commercial training flight simulator's are running off PC with customized version of PC flight sims.

You just like the user I before you are missing the huge part that determines something being a simulator, the physical controls!

Flight simulators just like space combat simulators have the same target audience, why do you think the thing is coming to XSX?... for the trainee pilots who want to build flight sim for cheap?... Stop it.

Its a game.

The part that makes it a simulator is the hardware and the level of interaction the software has with it e.g. Project Car's with a Fanatec racing setup costing in the thousands.

It was a bog standard PC with FS2002. Pedals and a yoke sure but nothing as spectacular as my current set-up. The idea of PC training is not to familiarize you with the controls, but the principles of flight. Yaw, drag, drift, lift, torque roll, rudder wash and so on.

Then you spend about 20 hours just sitting in a plane on the ground. You know, familiarizing yourself with the controls and going over checklists.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

My point was you failed to define GAME and went straight for VIDEO GAME. Per the definition you gave, interactive medical imaging is a video game.

PernicioEnigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PernicioEnigma
Member since 2010 • 6662 Posts

@ghosts4ever said:

Will be STALKER 2 with mods.

This is not video game. its simulator.

Simulators and games aren't mutually exclusive. Most of the people who will buy MS Flight Sim will be doing so for entertainment reasons, and it has fail states, so I think it can be safely regarded as a video game. It will also have adjustable difficulty levels for beginners or people not interested in a full sim.

And lol at Stalker 2. You are seriously like a broken record sometimes, it's getting pretty dull.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Its a game.

It was a bog standard PC with FS2002. Pedals and a yoke sure but nothing as spectacular as my current set-up. The idea of PC training is not to familiarize you with the controls, but the principles of flight. Yaw, drag, drift, lift, torque roll, rudder wash and so on.

Then you spend about 20 hours just sitting in a plane on the ground. You know, familiarizing yourself with the controls and going over checklists.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

My point was you failed to define GAME and went straight for VIDEO GAME. Per the definition you gave, interactive medical imaging is a video game.

Game - "an activity that one engages in for amusement or fun."

Video game - "a game played by electronically manipulating images produced by a computer program on a monitor or other display."

Simple really is a flight sim you manipulating images produced by a computer... Yes, and if you enjoy doing so its a game.

Care to retract your dumb?

As for your flight training, you used it as a simulator for training... I will use it for fun as a game, like I have with DCS, FSX and like all my other racing games. Fun.

I bought FSX in Curry's in the PC game section with a big old "GAMES" for windows logo on it!

SecretPolice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 SecretPolice  Online
Member since 2007 • 44060 Posts

The game is causing lots-o-salt I tellz ya what.

lol :P

Cloud_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#42 Cloud_Man
Member since 2020 • 201 Posts

Seems PC wins yet another gen in graphics. Who could've known ;-)

Easily the graphics king and truly a breathtaking title.

DocSanchez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#43 DocSanchez
Member since 2013 • 5557 Posts

Is it a game?

Gifford38

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Gifford38
Member since 2020 • 7162 Posts

to bad there is no sign of it coming to series x yet.

hzd2 will be the first true next gen title along with ratchet and clank and grand 7.

true next gen games will not arrive on the series x until 2022. anyone tell me other wise?

what launch game for the series x will be only on a next gen machine and not on last gen machine as well?

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 blueinheaven

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@blueinheaven said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@blueinheaven said:

Stahp ya bushit!

Flight Sims are games.

MS Flight Sim in particular (i.e. the subject of this particular thread) has always been a straight up commercial flight simulation. Obviously there are flight sims which could be considered games because they have other elements than just flying a commercial plane from one place to another but that was never the point of Flight Sim. It's not what they were aiming for and it's not what made it popular in the first place.

All the accessories people buy to enhance the experience is all in the name of making the 'simulation' more realistic. People who buy MS flight sim don't consider it a game and in some cases will take exception to you referring to it as such.

I won't comment on what you presumably consider to be a 'hilarious' gif other than I can see why Assman finds it amusing. Just like you, he uses gifs in lieu of a coherent point when he just can't find the words which in his case is pretty much all of the time.

That said, apologies for my last reply. I wasn't in a good place at the time lol, and my response was a bit harsh. It happens. Sorry.

blueinheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 blueinheaven
@lundy86_4 said:
@blueinheaven said:

There's your friggin game, asshat. It's a simulation and has been used to train real pilots. Good luck to the assholes learning their real life trade by playing GT, Forza etc.

Your anger issues are lol-worthy. Still, Sony literally turned GT into a training sim. GT Academy was a thing...

No anger issues that I'm aware of. But I was in a foul mood last night due to something completely unrelated lol. This is sometimes the wrong place to be even when I'm in a good mood, oh wells. Anyway I apologised, I'm sure I'll get another incredibly mature gif back in response but hey if that's how people get their kicks who am I to judge?

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By br0kenrabbit

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Game - "an activity that one engages in for amusement or fun."

According to your own link: "a form of play or sport, especially a competitive one played according to rules and decided by skill, strength, or luck."

I promise you, masturbation is NOT a sport, though according to your definition...

Have fun with your half-naked sword barbarians. I'm doing TYS to LHR.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@br0kenrabbit:

I won't argue semantics with you, the definition for a game is very lose. The simple fact is that it is considered a game, like a arubix cube flight simulators and driving simulators the fun and competitive/puzzle aspect of being able learn to fly and operate those vehicles is the game.

I know several of my gaming friends who are die hard flight sim and space sim fans and not a single one of them are pilots to them its a pass time and a game.

I am sorry if it offends you but it is a game. Flying and driving in the real world can be a game... Like role playing you yourself can define a act a game by simply adding rules to the act like "I'm going to drive down to my nans house completely in first gear" it becomes a challenge and therefor a game.

@blueinheaven:

We all have our days, its a forum. People come here to cut lose... I use gif's simply because they are lighthearted and honestly NEVER take anything seriously, I mean look around the world at the moment you really think that I actually care if MS Flight is a game or not?...

To me being on these forums is a game...

br0kenrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 br0kenrabbit

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Flying and driving in the real world can be a game.

Yeah, no. That's how people end up dead.

Grey_Eyed_Elf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Grey_Eyed_Elf

@br0kenrabbit said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Flying and driving in the real world can be a game.

Yeah, no. That's how people end up dead.

I don't think you have fully grasped the subject and how vague the definition of a game actually is to this DAY people have a hard time defining what a sport is compared to a game.

BY ALL definition's, everything that can be turned into a self challenge or can be taken on as a challenge is in a way a game... I'm not even talking about flight sim here for a moment, let me elaborate: TV game shows create games out of thin air, like who can eat describe what something is to their partner who's blindfolded quicker than the other team WITHOUT without directly saying what it is.

I'll use sport vs games to define Flight Sim better for you:

"Baseball is a sport but the Baseball World Series is a game in which teams play the sport of baseball while their overall scores between games are tracked for a position on a leader board (the game)."

MS Flight is a flight simulator but if the user role plays as a pilot setting his or her own goals to challenge one self or perceives learning a route or plane as a puzzle in it self it is a game to the person.