The one nation where The Wonderful 101 is doing well: France.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 14

#1 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 36643 Posts

Source: My Nintendo News, S.E.L.L charts

Sure it's nowhere near as high as Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Saints Row IV, or Animal Crossing: New Leaf, but it's number one on the Wii U charts, outselling New Super Luigi U and Pikmin 3. Not bad for one part of Europe.

Thoughts?

ManInFlames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 ManInFlames
Member since 2013 • 434 Posts
The Wonderful 101 copies sold
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 8854 Posts

Thats good to hear.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

This game...

Is flipping...

AMAZING!

The end.

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
Good for that, but I definitely won't pick it up with my current backlog. Hell, I'm still working on pikmin 3
TheKingIAm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TheKingIAm
Member since 2013 • 1531 Posts
Not enough to save the wii eww
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
I feel sorry for people who essentially threw their money away buying a WiiU. Nintendo has to step their game up and start adopting more Mature titles, as well as continuing to produce Mario and Zelda. They're missing out on a huge portion of the market and becoming increasingly irrelevant.
Netret0120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 Netret0120
Member since 2013 • 3562 Posts
Good for the Wii U. It shouldn't try compete directly with PS4 or X1.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nintendoboy16

I feel sorry for people who essentially threw their money away buying a WiiU. Nintendo has to step their game up and start adopting more Mature titles, as well as continuing to produce Mario and Zelda.

They're missing out on a huge portion of the market and becoming increasingly irrelevant. chrisrooR

Because god forbid Wii U owners have something to play.

Why should they adopt more "mature" titles when damn near every title they tried adopting backfired on them? I want more hope that they'll try again, but the reaction over Bayonetta 2 a year ago isn't letting me (that and it's other reasons for being an inevitable bomb).

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]I feel sorry for people who essentially threw their money away buying a WiiU. Nintendo has to step their game up and start adopting more Mature titles, as well as continuing to produce Mario and Zelda.

They're missing out on a huge portion of the market and becoming increasingly irrelevant. nintendoboy16

Why should they adopt more "mature" titles when damn near every title they tried adopting backfired on them? I want more hope that they'll try again, but the reaction over Bayonetta 2 a year ago isn't letting me (that and it's other reasons for being an inevitable bomb).

They need to get more support from developers. The whole "kid friendly" image is dying. Sales numbers don't lie. Honestly, I don't even know if Nintendo is in the same league as Sony or Microsoft recently. Their products have just become a joke, and they totally rely on rehashes of Mario, Zelda and Super Smash Bros. to keep their consoles alive.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"]I feel sorry for people who essentially threw their money away buying a WiiU. Nintendo has to step their game up and start adopting more Mature titles, as well as continuing to produce Mario and Zelda.

They're missing out on a huge portion of the market and becoming increasingly irrelevant. chrisrooR

They need to get more support from developers.

The whole "kid friendly" image is dying. Sales numbers don't lie. Honestly, I don't even know if Nintendo is in the same league as Sony or Microsoft recently. Their products have just become a joke, and they totally rely on rehashes of Mario, Zelda and Super Smash Bros. to keep their consoles alive.

For better or worse, we need companies that aren't in the same league because we'd have a boring as hell industry. And if the "family friendly" is dying, why in the hell are Nintendo's 3DS games still selling so well?

Bongardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Bongardo
Member since 2013 • 55 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

They need to get more support from developers. The whole "kid friendly" image is dying. Sales numbers don't lie. Honestly, I don't even know if Nintendo is in the same league as Sony or Microsoft recently. Their products have just become a joke, and they totally rely on rehashes of Mario, Zelda and Super Smash Bros. to keep their consoles alive.

What are you talking about? Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros. have always sold extremely well. And there is only one Smash Bros. per console, with significint improvements each time. It isn't a rehash at all.

chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Because god forbid Wii U owners have something to play.

Bongardo

What are you talking about? Mario, Zelda and Smash Bros. have always sold extremely well. And there is only one Smash Bros. per console, with significint improvements each time. It isn't a rehash at all.

It's not a different game formula though. What I meant is that rather than relying on Zelda, Mario and SSB as a crutch, Nintendo needs to branch out and start looking at working with devs to adopt other series' to their console to start being taken seriously.
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 chrisrooR

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"][QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]Because god forbid Wii U owners have something to play.

nintendoboy16

They need to get more support from developers.

The whole "kid friendly" image is dying. Sales numbers don't lie. Honestly, I don't even know if Nintendo is in the same league as Sony or Microsoft recently. Their products have just become a joke, and they totally rely on rehashes of Mario, Zelda and Super Smash Bros. to keep their consoles alive.

For better or worse, we need companies that aren't in the same league because we'd have a boring as hell industry. And if the "family friendly" is dying, why in the hell are Nintendo's 3DS games still selling so well?

Nintendo has a great product in terms of handheld devices, sure. But I'm talking consoles. Look at WiiU sales in comparison to Xbox or PS3 sales.
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 nintendoboy16

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"] They need to get more support from developers.

The whole "kid friendly" image is dying. Sales numbers don't lie. Honestly, I don't even know if Nintendo is in the same league as Sony or Microsoft recently. Their products have just become a joke, and they totally rely on rehashes of Mario, Zelda and Super Smash Bros. to keep their consoles alive. chrisrooR

Nintendo has a great product in terms of handheld devices, sure. But I'm talking consoles. Look at WiiU sales in comparison to Xbox or PS3 sales.

It's Wii U sales mean d*** in regards to a "family friendly" image dying.

Darth-Samus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#17 Darth-Samus
Member since 2006 • 3995 Posts

[QUOTE="nintendoboy16"]

I've never seen more ignorance spewing from one kid in a long, long time. And considering we're on the internet that's saying quite a lot (or little) of yourself.

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

Well that's good for Wii U fans, but at this point I doubt I'll be playing any Wii U for a long time.

I've about to sell a couple 100 games to make room for my PS4 and XBox One titles. I have a whole chest full of PS1 games that have to go bye bye.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Well, I always seen France as the most "open" European country when it comes to Japanese games and stuff in general.

The second biggest "pro-Japan" Euro country would have to be Italy, where Anime used to be highly popular too.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I feel sorry for people who essentially threw their money away buying a WiiU.chrisrooR

If they enjoy the system and it's games - why so?

Not everyone has interest to play the biggest "mainstream" titles or they play them on other systems instead...

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

The game looks absolutely immense. 

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 36233 Posts
that article is a joke and isn't very forthcoming with details, for all we know it's topping Wii U charts with 1000 copies sold
Bongardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Bongardo

Darth-Samus

I've never seen more ignorance spewing from one kid in a long, long time. And considering we're on the internet that's saying quite a lot (or little) of yourself.

Oh really? Yeah he is pretty ignorent I suppose, but I have seen far, far, FAR more ignorence then this coming from a single person, lol. I can think of a few diffent people actually. And I don't even post on system wars much, lol.

Bongardo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Bongardo

[QUOTE="Bongardo"]

[QUOTE="chrisrooR"] They need to get more support from developers. The whole "kid friendly" image is dying. Sales numbers don't lie. Honestly, I don't even know if Nintendo is in the same league as Sony or Microsoft recently. Their products have just become a joke, and they totally rely on rehashes of Mario, Zelda and Super Smash Bros. to keep their consoles alive. chrisrooR

It's not a different game formula though. What I meant is that rather than relying on Zelda, Mario and SSB as a crutch, Nintendo needs to branch out and start looking at working with devs to adopt other series' to their console to start being taken seriously.

You mean get more third party support? Yeah that would help, but they don't really need it exactly. Their systems do sell very well, and they have really good first party support. Sure the Wii U may be struggling, but most new systems do. And the Wii had a lot more great games aside from Mario, Zelda, and Smash Bros. That isn't all they have.

For example:

Fire Emblem Radiant Dawn

Meroid Prime 3 (And trilogy)

Sonic Colours

Red Steel 2

Goldeneye

Resident Evil 4 Wii Edition

That's just a quick list I came up with right now. There are more. And since I am half expecting to be called a Nintendo fanboy, let me just say this: i don't have a Wii U, and I don't think I have touched my Wii at all this month. Not because it's lacking games, but because my 360 has the games I've been wanting to play lately. And the game I have been playing most this month is also on the Wii U. That being Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge.

Basinboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#25 Basinboy
Member since 2003 • 13938 Posts
:lol:franceRR360DD
Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

Hopefully they dont figure sales till after the holidays, with November less than two months away I'm porbably not the only one holding out for a sale or the like. Not to mention I have a backlog and cant justify adding a nother game to the pile.

Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Glad The Wonderful 101 is doing well somewhere. All of PlatinumGames' games deserve a lot more sales though.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 nintendoboy16

Glad The Wonderful 101 is doing well somewhere. All of PlatinumGames' games deserve a lot more sales though.

Pffrbt
Too true.
dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts
Apart from some annoying flaws in the game this is by far the best game on the WiiU.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7535 Posts

Apart from some annoying flaws in the game this is by far the best game on the WiiU. dobzilian

I prefer Pikmin 3. 

dobzilian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dobzilian
Member since 2012 • 3409 Posts

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Apart from some annoying flaws in the game this is by far the best game on the WiiU. trugs26

I prefer Pikmin 3. 

I should of said 'which i have played'. Not purchased Pikmin 3 yet but may do in a hour.
trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7535 Posts

[QUOTE="trugs26"]

[QUOTE="dobzilian"]Apart from some annoying flaws in the game this is by far the best game on the WiiU. dobzilian

I prefer Pikmin 3. 

I should of said 'which i have played'. Not purchased Pikmin 3 yet but may do in a hour.

Nice. Make sure you play Wiimote and Nunchuck though. And if you can, have a spot for your gamepad nearby (on your lap or in front on a coffee table). Best way to play by far.